Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 130

Re: Chapter 54 : page 130

Postby sunhawk » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:17 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:You know, I wonder why we haven't seen more flamethrowers like that in the second panel... grab a big ass fire foci, add a big ass core stone as a mana battery, put them together, and FYOOOOOSH! incinerate everything!

Fire bending requires a fire source in this setting. Even a natural like Chiri needs to at least make sparks by striking metal.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:12 am

sunhawk wrote:
Doom Chinchilla wrote:You know, I wonder why we haven't seen more flamethrowers like that in the second panel... grab a big ass fire foci, add a big ass core stone as a mana battery, put them together, and FYOOOOOSH! incinerate everything!

Fire bending requires a fire source in this setting. Even a natural like Chiri needs to at least make sparks by striking metal.

How is that a problem? Just add an oil can in addition to the fire foci and the mana core inside the metal box...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Moric » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:15 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:Or perhaps a hoedown?

...I'll show myself out.

Just for that...

Best reason that I consider is that fire (once produced) is so easy to manipulate compared to other affinities. Sure, you can have an artillery-size fire gun, and one Chiri is all it takes to say, "Thanks, and reverse!" With enough fire wielders, nobody wins as the firestorm just kills both sides from oxygen deprivation. Just one of the reasons why fire affinity is so rare.
Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:13 am

Moric wrote:
Junglefowl26 wrote:Or perhaps a hoedown?

...I'll show myself out.

Just for that...

Best reason that I consider is that fire (once produced) is so easy to manipulate compared to other affinities. Sure, you can have an artillery-size fire gun, and one Chiri is all it takes to say, "Thanks, and reverse!" With enough fire wielders, nobody wins as the firestorm just kills both sides from oxygen deprivation. Just one of the reasons why fire affinity is so rare.

Well, if the fire foci is powerful enough, it can overpower the fire sorcerer...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:20 pm

Why Sang, I had no idea you had so much Sharen blood in your veins. Snad must be proud. All Hail Val Sang Arse'hole!
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Mizu » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:09 am

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:Why Sang, I had no idea you had so much Sharen blood in your veins. Snad must be proud. All Hail Val Sang Arse'hole!

Snadhya probably puts 'must be this tall to enter' all over the place while saying it is to keep kids out of dangerous places like her new basement freezer just to screw with Sang.
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Moric » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:31 am

Mizu wrote:
SzordrinZaphresz wrote:Why Sang, I had no idea you had so much Sharen blood in your veins. Snad must be proud. All Hail Val Sang Arse'hole!

Snadhya probably puts 'must be this tall to enter' all over the place while saying it is to keep kids out of dangerous places like her new basement freezer just to screw with Sang.

Unlike kids trying to get aboard a rollercoaster, Sang can just elongate her limbs with her affinity. It's still a bother though.
Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Previous

Return to Moonless Age