Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 119

Chapter 54 : page 119

Postby Kern » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:57 pm

A hand reach out to drag her underwater.
Because she is a filthy nid in need of a good washing. :U And i saw today i forgot to include something in a previous scene regarding this battle, sad, but can't do anything about it now.
User avatar
Kern
Yan Gagne
 
Posts: 8724
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 12:08 am
Location: Quebec
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 119

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:07 pm

Nyehehe. }:3

Damn the Dokkalfar were really advanced to have armor that could both help a drow survive in low-mana environement and underwater at the same time... *hmmm*

Or Quill developped an extra pair of lungs to hold her breath that long underwater. 8P
User avatar
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:36 am
Location: *shrug*
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 119

Postby Hartree » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:18 pm

Kinda hard to sing a spellsong when you're underwater. It might be doable, but involve lungs full of water.

Given that some of the old armors even had air conditioning (Goddess Knight), limited scuba capability is pretty believable.
Hartree
Nether Seed
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:08 am
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Chapter 54 : page 119

Postby Moatl » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:07 pm

Dear kids: in the next page(s) you will learn an important thing: the difference between scuba diving and »drow-ning«.

:P
User avatar
Moatl
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:36 pm
Location: Near the Nether of Minetest ;P
Clan: Vloz'ress

Re: Chapter 54 : page 119

Postby Moric » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:31 pm

Hartree wrote:Kinda hard to sing a spellsong when you're underwater. It might be doable, but involve lungs full of water.

Given that some of the old armors even had air conditioning (Goddess Knight), limited scuba capability is pretty believable.

The Jaals can help in this matter, for a price. Also, water-breathing spell-song blast should be more powerful, given that water is incompressible.
Moric
Demon
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:28 pm
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 119

Postby 'Lement » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:42 pm

So, from outside perspective, this looks like she was pulled under like all those others dragged down by zo---demon apocalypse. Quill'yate is a freaking carp.

@Moric: Pretty hard to move in, though - hard to run in water, after all, and it doesn't take much to stop a bullet either.

But I think something that wrecked a ship has the power to set water into motion to spare.

However, training and instincts dictate to not open her mouth and breathe in water, so it'd need some serious will and clear head to manage this suicide attack. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
User avatar
'Lement
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Estonia
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Re: Chapter 54 : page 119

Postby Moric » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:57 pm

'Lement wrote:So, from outside perspective, this looks like she was pulled under like all those others dragged down by zo---demon apocalypse. Quill'yate is a freaking carp.

Makes total sense to use all environmental advantages available. I'm surprised that this wasn't done sooner. Oh well.
'Lement wrote:@Moric: Pretty hard to move in, though - hard to run in water, after all, and it doesn't take much to stop a bullet either.

But I think something that wrecked a ship has the power to set water into motion to spare.

However, training and instincts dictate to not open her mouth and breathe in water, so it'd need some serious will and clear head to manage this suicide attack. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

I meant that the damage from a spell-song scream by an amphibious Shodun would be far greater due to the nature of undex pressure waves. Of course, since she lacks gills, Shodun is SOL.
Moric
Demon
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:28 pm
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 119

Postby Whizzard » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:26 pm

I called it - the armor indeed has underwater breathing. Makes sense given how the armor was stated to be environmentally sealed to protect against anything and seriously there's no way Drokkalfar didn't see the tactical benefit of walking their troops on the bottom of water bodies through the enemy's defences.
User avatar
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 10:23 am
Location: Overworld, the land of happiness and joy
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Chapter 54 : page 119

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:23 pm

It was at this moment Shodun realized, she had fucked up.


And i saw today i forgot to include something in a previous scene regarding this battle, sad, but can't do anything about it now.

You are just going to drop that and not given any details?

I will just sit in here consumed by curiosity then. :[
User avatar
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 7970
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:04 pm
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Chapter 54 : page 119

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:49 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:It was at this moment Shodun realized, she had fucked up.


And i saw today i forgot to include something in a previous scene regarding this battle, sad, but can't do anything about it now.

You are just going to drop that and not given any details?

I will just sit in here consumed by curiosity then. :[



Its the Quil'yate from the Black Lagoon! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ariuokNFhSw
User avatar
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 8909
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:20 pm
Location: To the right of Illharess Quain'tana's throne
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Chapter 54 : page 119

Postby Zaber » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:57 pm

YES!
User avatar
Zaber
Nether Spawn
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:05 am
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Chapter 54 : page 119

Postby Zaber » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:05 pm

Moric wrote:The Jaals can help in this matter, for a price. Also, water-breathing spell-song blast should be more powerful, given that water is incompressible.



Aint gonna be no singing without air... Air is what makes them vocal chords vibrate. All she's got in her current situation, is her bare hands. And I'm fairly sure that in her arrogance she's been too confident in her spell song as her only weapon.

She is done for.
User avatar
Zaber
Nether Spawn
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:05 am
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Chapter 54 : page 119

Postby Irae Maeviir » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:30 pm

It was at this moment Shodun knew... she f****d up!
User avatar
Irae Maeviir
Tainted
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:05 pm
Location: Watching what's going on from her own pocket dimension

Re: Chapter 54 : page 119

Postby Moric » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:03 pm

You know, all Quill'yate needs to do now is trap Shodun with some stone, and watch her drown...

Also noted: the fin motif on Quill's armor may imply that this was an ancient diving suit the whole time.
Moric
Demon
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:28 pm
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 119

Postby Tempestfury » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:41 pm

Kern wrote:Because she is a filthy nid in need of a good washing. :U And i saw today i forgot to include something in a previous scene regarding this battle, sad, but can't do anything about it now.


Can't you just go back and edit it in?

Junglefowl26 wrote:It was at this moment Shodun realized, she had fucked up.


And that's why you don't tempt fate folks!
Last edited by Tempestfury on Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tempestfury
Nether Spawn
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:29 pm

Next

Return to Moonless Age

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests