Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 119

Chapter 54 : page 119

Postby Kern » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:57 pm

A hand reach out to drag her underwater.
Because she is a filthy nid in need of a good washing. :U And i saw today i forgot to include something in a previous scene regarding this battle, sad, but can't do anything about it now.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 119

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:07 pm

Nyehehe. }:3

Damn the Dokkalfar were really advanced to have armor that could both help a drow survive in low-mana environement and underwater at the same time... *hmmm*

Or Quill developped an extra pair of lungs to hold her breath that long underwater. 8P
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby Hartree » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:18 pm

Kinda hard to sing a spellsong when you're underwater. It might be doable, but involve lungs full of water.

Given that some of the old armors even had air conditioning (Goddess Knight), limited scuba capability is pretty believable.
Hartree
Nether Seed

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Moatl » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:07 pm

Dear kids: in the next page(s) you will learn an important thing: the difference between scuba diving and »drow-ning«.

:P
Moatl
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Moric » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:31 pm

Hartree wrote:Kinda hard to sing a spellsong when you're underwater. It might be doable, but involve lungs full of water.

Given that some of the old armors even had air conditioning (Goddess Knight), limited scuba capability is pretty believable.

The Jaals can help in this matter, for a price. Also, water-breathing spell-song blast should be more powerful, given that water is incompressible.
Moric
Demon

Postby 'Lement » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:42 pm

So, from outside perspective, this looks like she was pulled under like all those others dragged down by zo---demon apocalypse. Quill'yate is a freaking carp.

@Moric: Pretty hard to move in, though - hard to run in water, after all, and it doesn't take much to stop a bullet either.

But I think something that wrecked a ship has the power to set water into motion to spare.

However, training and instincts dictate to not open her mouth and breathe in water, so it'd need some serious will and clear head to manage this suicide attack. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Moric » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:57 pm

'Lement wrote:So, from outside perspective, this looks like she was pulled under like all those others dragged down by zo---demon apocalypse. Quill'yate is a freaking carp.

Makes total sense to use all environmental advantages available. I'm surprised that this wasn't done sooner. Oh well.
'Lement wrote:@Moric: Pretty hard to move in, though - hard to run in water, after all, and it doesn't take much to stop a bullet either.

But I think something that wrecked a ship has the power to set water into motion to spare.

However, training and instincts dictate to not open her mouth and breathe in water, so it'd need some serious will and clear head to manage this suicide attack. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

I meant that the damage from a spell-song scream by an amphibious Shodun would be far greater due to the nature of undex pressure waves. Of course, since she lacks gills, Shodun is SOL.
Moric
Demon

Postby Whizzard » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:26 pm

I called it - the armor indeed has underwater breathing. Makes sense given how the armor was stated to be environmentally sealed to protect against anything and seriously there's no way Drokkalfar didn't see the tactical benefit of walking their troops on the bottom of water bodies through the enemy's defences.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:23 pm

It was at this moment Shodun realized, she had fucked up.

And i saw today i forgot to include something in a previous scene regarding this battle, sad, but can't do anything about it now.

You are just going to drop that and not given any details?

I will just sit in here consumed by curiosity then. :[
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:49 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:It was at this moment Shodun realized, she had fucked up.

And i saw today i forgot to include something in a previous scene regarding this battle, sad, but can't do anything about it now.

You are just going to drop that and not given any details?

I will just sit in here consumed by curiosity then. :[

Its the Quil'yate from the Black Lagoon! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ariuokNFhSw
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Zaber » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:57 pm

YES!
Zaber
Nether Spawn

Postby Zaber » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:05 pm

Moric wrote:The Jaals can help in this matter, for a price. Also, water-breathing spell-song blast should be more powerful, given that water is incompressible.

Aint gonna be no singing without air... Air is what makes them vocal chords vibrate. All she's got in her current situation, is her bare hands. And I'm fairly sure that in her arrogance she's been too confident in her spell song as her only weapon.

She is done for.
Zaber
Nether Spawn

Postby Irae Maeviir » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:30 pm

It was at this moment Shodun knew... she f****d up!
Irae Maeviir
Tainted

Location: Watching what's going on from her own pocket dimension

Postby Moric » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:03 pm

You know, all Quill'yate needs to do now is trap Shodun with some stone, and watch her drown...

Also noted: the fin motif on Quill's armor may imply that this was an ancient diving suit the whole time.
Moric
Demon

Postby Tempestfury » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:41 pm

Kern wrote:Because she is a filthy nid in need of a good washing. :U And i saw today i forgot to include something in a previous scene regarding this battle, sad, but can't do anything about it now.

Can't you just go back and edit it in?

Junglefowl26 wrote:It was at this moment Shodun realized, she had fucked up.

And that's why you don't tempt fate folks!
Last edited by Tempestfury on Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tempestfury
Nether Spawn

Next

Return to Moonless Age