Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 91

Re: Chapter 54 : page 91

Postby Moric » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:54 am

Cladriah wrote:IMO all the leaders of the traitor legions needs to be executed.

Might happen, might not.

Also, the term "traitor" in this situation is rather fluid, especially since the Sarghress are not a Val Clan by blood, which is just about the only quasi-dependable form of loyalty in 'Lath society.

We don't know Sang's motives. For every theory that I've constructed that makes her out to be a Nidraa'chal agent or a murderous opportunist, I can also find strong arguments that she's acting out of fear, is being extorted, etc.

My newest pet theory is that Sang sees Ariel as an indecisive, ditzy Val-spawn; trusting in her strength and leadership would be suicide for the Clan and House Niz'zre. In this scenario, Ariel needs to win her respect with tactical skill, ruthlessness, and combat prowess to reach Sang, challenge, and defeat her. Only this can convince her and her army that Ariel is a fitting heir of Quain'tana.
Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby wolfdancer95 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:25 am

Moric wrote:

Might happen, might not.

Also, the term "traitor" in this situation is rather fluid, especially since the Sarghress are not a Val Clan by blood, which is just about the only quasi-dependable form of loyalty in 'Lath society.

We don't know Sang's motives. For every theory that I've constructed that makes her out to be a Nidraa'chal agent or a murderous opportunist, I can also find strong arguments that she's acting out of fear, is being extorted, etc.

My newest pet theory is that Sang sees Ariel as an indecisive, ditzy Val-spawn; trusting in her strength and leadership would be suicide for the Clan and House Niz'zre. In this scenario, Ariel needs to win her respect with tactical skill, ruthlessness, and combat prowess to reach Sang, challenge, and defeat her. Only this can convince her and her army that Ariel is a fitting heir of Quain'tana.

I agree, especially from the last time they spoke on panel. Ariel was being indecisive and naive. it's always been my understanding that many sub-houses hated the idea of sending heirs to the school due to them being indoctrinated or softened- look what happened to Mel- and don't understand that Ariel needed to go not just to be under Keloz, but to gain the respect of the val and Vel houses by having an education on par with them.

And in their eyes, Ariel is sheltered and has done nothing to earn the respect of the sub houses other than being quains blood, the very idea was something they were fighting again in the first place among other things. Quain adopting Heirs seemed to have been liked by everyone, she adopted heirs because they proved themselves.
In their eyes. she should have been by Quain's side, learning and fighting. not be kept on the backlines at home waiting for the war to be over. She did appear out of nowhere without the subhouses knowledge, they can't know for sure she's blood in the first place, but a random 10 year old they've never heard off as potential heir? the fuck Quain.

She would definitely be killed because literally, everyone would be gunning fo her as much as anyone, and probably pressured to have a child long before she was ready- something that mel brings up, but it's a nice AU to think about.
wolfdancer95
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby El Bandito » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 am

Oh snap!
El Bandito
Summoner

Postby Cladriah » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:28 am

Moric wrote:

Might happen, might not.

Best way to convince her army, take the leaders heads. It's likely what her grandmother would have done.
Cladriah
Nether Seed

Postby Dalvyserran » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:20 am

Ariel hasn't done anything significant to earn the clan's loyalty and respect. A handful of cameos doesn't equal a large stake in the claim. She wasn't there when they fought & bled the sharen to a surrender; that was Koil. She disobeyed Sang's order to stay put when others were out looking to kill her family. Suu'be group never cared for Val kids like her in the first place. Fallen legion's leader Mablevi has orders to kill traitors.

How can she possibly just take over the clan and assume to get the same kind of feverish loyalty that quain got?

Assuming Sang has taken the helm, she is the closest thing the clan has to Quain's original methods, before getting tangled up in Val business. Thats a hard figure to topple when the clan built itself on theae kinds of ideals.
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Moric » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:29 pm

Cladriah wrote:Best way to convince her army, take the leaders heads. It's likely what her grandmother would have done.

Killing, ah, no. Soldiers for one side in a conflict doesn't just shrug their shoulders when their general dies and join the other side. This usually just pisses the soldiers off more if anything, especially when enjoying numerical superiority.
Dalvyserran wrote:Ariel hasn't done anything significant to earn the clan's loyalty and respect. A handful of cameos doesn't equal a large stake in the claim. She wasn't there when they fought & bled the sharen to a surrender; that was Koil. She disobeyed Sang's order to stay put when others were out looking to kill her family. Suu'be group never cared for Val kids like her in the first place. Fallen legion's leader Mablevi has orders to kill traitors.

How can she possibly just take over the clan and assume to get the same kind of feverish loyalty that quain got?

Assuming Sang has taken the helm, she is the closest thing the clan has to Quain's original methods, before getting tangled up in Val business. Thats a hard figure to topple when the clan built itself on theae kinds of ideals.

Ariel did pull off some rather good wins near the end, but she's still way behind virtually every NCO in the Assault Legion in terms of accomplishments.
Moric
Demon

Previous

Return to Moonless Age