Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 18

Chapter 54 : page 18

Postby Kern » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:16 am

She turn the blade she meant to use to murder the tainted couple to defend them instead. But the wolf won't go down that easily.
its buff, its big, its angry. And if it were truly wild it'd be off. but, everyone by now knows its not.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 18

Postby The14th » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:28 am

Hope they kept some of their old patrol gear, 'cus they're about to be up to their necks in Sarg of the murder brigade variety.
The14th
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Pitdragon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:45 am

Glad this is the way it went. Keep it grey, when push comes to shove even those of the mindset that Tainted shouldn't live to become demons are still protectors of their people first and foremost. If the ones that aren't as accepting of the new ways were painted more black and white it would be a detriment to the story.

Hope that when the question comes of "why did she have the weapon?" it is just left unspoken, because why push things back the other way when this is the first step toward what Ana is working for?
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Junglefowl26 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:06 am

Oh no, the puppers was hurt!

More seriously, I wonder how any of the legion besides the wolf tamer would react to this. No deal has been worked out between the Ssu colonies and the Wolf Pack, and in fact the leader of the colony has told Ariel to leave, so the Legion has no reason to think of the colonists as enemies, and might be mad at the wolf master for allowing her charges to harass alliance citizens.

Then again, they might assume the worst when they see a bloody sword and attack, or might view the colonists as traitors for not fighting the airship directly....
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Mizu » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:37 am

I am honestly shocked that when it came down to a reflexive decision they protected them instead of tossing them to the wolf.
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby El Bandito » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Oh boy, here we go!
El Bandito
Summoner

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:12 pm

This wolf could belong to that scout from the Alliance-aligned legion...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:07 pm

Mizu wrote:I am honestly shocked that when it came down to a reflexive decision they protected them instead of tossing them to the wolf.

Well, the wolf WAS growling in Olin's direction. Olin could simply have assumed that it was going after her first. Protecting the tainted she wanted to kill is an accidental byproduct.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Nowhere Girl » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:39 pm

Pitdragon wrote:Glad this is the way it went. Keep it grey, when push comes to shove even those of the mindset that Tainted shouldn't live to become demons are still protectors of their people first and foremost.

Let's not get confused. She got interrupted on the way to commit murder by the wolf, which is interfering. She has to fight it anyway, and the best way to avoid suspicion about her having had a weapon in hand is to appear to be defending her people from said wolf.

There's nothing altruistic about this. It's just a good cover story for a murderer whose plans went awry.
Nowhere Girl
Summoner

Postby Hellsion » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:46 pm

Olin: "I want you all DEAD!"

wolf: "Hi, I'm tom and I'm here to kill you all."

Olin:"No not like that."

Abyat: "Thank you for saving us! I will name my child after you!"

Olin:"NO!"
Hellsion
Vel'akar

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Ardan Styyx » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:33 pm

I am actually surprised Tirade did not rush out with a weapon after hearing Abyte's alarm shout.
Whatever happens next, that would have made Olin think twice before trying to fulfill her original objective.

Now, why is the wolf attacking her? Is it because she's got a weapon?

Anyway, I don't see all this ending well, unless the wolf manages to successfully harm Olin, and is finally repelled / killed by Tirade and Abyte. Olin will owe them her life... and might reconsider her thought toward them.
Otherwise, all this just looks like at best a delay, or even an excellent excuse to kill the wolf, then kill the couple and mutilate their body to after blame the wolf...
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby Tsukiko » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:50 am

Kern, thank you for the Tir fanservice :p
Tsukiko
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Moric » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:44 pm

Ardan Styyx wrote:I am actually surprised Tirade did not rush out with a weapon after hearing Abyte's alarm shout.
Whatever happens next, that would have made Olin think twice before trying to fulfill her original objective.

That would cause much more Tir fanservice. Seriously though, his weapons and armor are probably locked up in a trunk, under a pile of other stuff, in the attic. This is a peaceful colony after all...

Ardan Styyx wrote:Now, why is the wolf attacking her? Is it because she's got a weapon?

She's probably broadcasting some seriously aggressive pheromones right now. Wolves would key in on that. Perhaps it was not even supposed to engage, were it not sensing hostility.

Ardan Styyx wrote:Anyway, I don't see all this ending well, unless the wolf manages to successfully harm Olin, and is finally repelled / killed by Tirade and Abyte. Olin will owe them her life... and might reconsider her thought toward them.
Otherwise, all this just looks like at best a delay, or even an excellent excuse to kill the wolf, then kill the couple and mutilate their body to after blame the wolf...

Hmm, or a volley of crossbow bolts fly in from the darkness. I only hope that warning can be sent to the town center.
Moric
Summoner

Postby Torrin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:50 pm

Moric wrote:
Ardan Styyx wrote:Now, why is the wolf attacking her? Is it because she's got a weapon?

She's probably broadcasting some seriously aggressive pheromones right now. Wolves would key in on that. Perhaps it was not even supposed to engage, were it not sensing hostility.

Whether DT wolves are intelligent enough to identify weapons I don't know, but I'm pretty sure my mom's dog can tell which people out of a group of visitors are going out because if only I am going she presses against my mom but if everyone is going she wants to come. I don't know for certain if she is picking up on that people are putting on coats, their tone of voice, etc.

On a less serious note, Olin is following the rule of overly honorable anime assassins: "This is my task and mine alone. I will defend my victims with my life if need be to ensure it is my blade and no one else's that ends their lives."
Torrin
Vel'akar

Return to Moonless Age