Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 3

Re: Chapter 54 : page 3

Postby Margirita » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:56 pm

That's the crappy thing about fighting Snads Style of corruption. It hides among the innocent, You will always be the one that looks like a monster. That what Snad count's on.

So far they flipped a table, fired into the air and sent down a pinpoint squad. The next steps they take will distinguish if they are truly out to destroy everything or if its only a surgical strike ment to weaken and prove a point without harming civilians.
Margirita
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Moric » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:07 pm

This sort of reminds me of my gaming group...

DM: Okay, so to recap, instead of infiltrating Chel, you went to Shashi, and stole the airship-

Ariel: And you rolled that 1 with the canons...

DM: Don't remind me. So now you are going where?

Kyo'nne: Ys of course. Well, after we make the ship look like a whale.

GM: ... ... Ys? Felde's doorstep? Run by Nid agents Ys? Are you crazy?

Ariel: You had to ask?

GM: Oookay...So what are you doing?

Kel'noz: We approach from here, hailing the guard tower with a sign of truce.

GM: Unexpected, but okay...

Chakri: My squad is flying above, in cloud cover.

GM: Whatever. Attention is on the deadly airship.

Kyo'nne: And how cool it looks as a whale.

GM: Turtles, whales, it's ridiculous.

Kelnoz: Ahem..."Ilharress Ariel of Clan Sarghress wishes to parlay with your council."

GM: Il... roll your bluff.

Kel'noz: 43

GM: Right...So the Council convenes. Eria is also allowed, but nobody else and they search you for weapons. You are led to a room at the top of the Government Ziggurat. Inside is sparsely furnished, with an enormous hardwood table at the center. As a mild, veiled insult, you are not provided with chairs as they are.

Ariel: We make an impassioned plea to form an alliance against Felde.

GM: I'm speechless...roll.

Ariel: 29

GM: You manage to amuse the Council with your naivety. Kane declares, "Take your wars elsewhere."

Kel'noz: I make a hidden signal while focusing on light.

GM: To do what?

Ariel: I flip the table and throw it at the Council.

GM: Of course you do. The table weighs a ton. Roll high.

Ariel: *counting* 38, 41...oh, and that makes 44.

GM: Fine, you flip it. Roll to hit, remember that this is an improvised weapon with 2 size modifiers against you.

Ariel: And they are flat-footed...13...for a touch attack.

GM: No, it's big, not -

Ariel: For grapple rules it is.

Everyone else: Groan...

Kyo'nne: I'm ordering pizza.
Moric
Summoner

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Seraphiel » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:50 pm

panel #5:

:U
Seraphiel
Demon

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:35 pm

MagicSkyshark wrote:I'd just hope that all those winged marysues AND Ariel's marysues on the frekking ship will die a horrible deaths.
Because the easiness of all their actions annoys me to no end.

And yeah, attacking a NEUTRAL colony is a DAMN GREAT move.

Good luck to the Legion in hunting and destroying them once and for all.

There should be no place for such individuals as them in the future of the drow race.

And Snad's demon has infected/possessed another forumite. You have a very, very strange definition of "mary sue", friend.

Ariel has had to crawl, scrape and, most-importantly, fight for each and every little thing she has, against horrible odds.

Her life has been a raw deal since she was born.

No matter how much effort she puts forth in dealing with others, she is almost universally treated as a fool, tool, hindrance, monstrosity, or naive idiot by almost everyone.

She's been abused and neglected by her official caretaker. She's been the victim of attempted rape, at least twice, on-screen. Has been blamed for being the victim of a vicious, unprovoked gang attack, and imprisoned along with her attacker. Only to face attempted assassination inside her cell by one of the very people who helped train her to be a soldier, and told she deserves all of it!

Chapter 50, as was already mentioned, was just one hard fight after another, pulling out a victory only after incredible cost, pain, and injury, and even then it was a close thing.

Mary sues, by definition, are character that are universally loved by the people of their world setting, can do no wrong, and make no mistakes. NONE of that applies to Ariel.

As for Ys being a "neutral" colony? HAH! They are an outpost of Felde and Kae said as much when she dismissed Ariel as being a "stupid Sarghress" for saying "no" to the ridiculous demand that Ariel return the airship to Felde so it could be used to shoot at her and her people again.

Since the times of Hammurabi, it has been the universal rule warfare that the aggressor makes the rules. In this case, Felde made it clear that if the people you're "negotiating with" decide on something you don't like, you can blast them, even if you're under the flag of truce.

Ys dismissed Ariel as an ignorant upstart, and now their leaders should consider themselves lucky if they wind up as hostages.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Postby Najah » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:38 pm

Revenge is so sweet.
Najah
Vel'akar

Postby Ardan Styyx » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:35 pm

Despite my profound despise of anything related to the Nid's, I don't like the idea of harming pregnant women.
So far I considered our "heroes" beeing the "good guys" (yes I know, there are no good or bad guys in the Drow world... only complexe caracters).
Although I back a well deserved revenge, I hope Ariel and cie are not going to loose their soul in their legitimate attempt to "flip the table".
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby Finn MacCool » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:40 pm

Moric wrote:This sort of reminds me of my gaming group...

DM: Okay, so to recap, instead of infiltrating Chel, you went to Shashi, and stole the airship-

Ariel: And you rolled that 1 with the canons...

DM: Don't remind me. So now you are going where?

Kyo'nne: Ys of course. Well, after we make the ship look like a whale.

GM: ... ... Ys? Felde's doorstep? Run by Nid agents Ys? Are you crazy?

Ariel: You had to ask?

GM: Oookay...So what are you doing?

Kel'noz: We approach from here, hailing the guard tower with a sign of truce.

GM: Unexpected, but okay...

Chakri: My squad is flying above, in cloud cover.

GM: Whatever. Attention is on the deadly airship.

Kyo'nne: And how cool it looks as a whale.

GM: Turtles, whales, it's ridiculous.

Kelnoz: Ahem..."Ilharress Ariel of Clan Sarghress wishes to parlay with your council."

GM: Il... roll your bluff.

Kel'noz: 43

GM: Right...So the Council convenes. Eria is also allowed, but nobody else and they search you for weapons. You are led to a room at the top of the Government Ziggurat. Inside is sparsely furnished, with an enormous hardwood table at the center. As a mild, veiled insult, you are not provided with chairs as they are.

Ariel: We make an impassioned plea to form an alliance against Felde.

GM: I'm speechless...roll.

Ariel: 29

GM: You manage to amuse the Council with your naivety. Kane declares, "Take your wars elsewhere."

Kel'noz: I make a hidden signal while focusing on light.

GM: To do what?

Ariel: I flip the table and throw it at the Council.

GM: Of course you do. The table weighs a ton. Roll high.

Ariel: *counting* 38, 41...oh, and that makes 44.

GM: Fine, you flip it. Roll to hit, remember that this is an improvised weapon with 2 size modifiers against you.

Ariel: And they are flat-footed...13...for a touch attack.

GM: No, it's big, not -

Ariel: For grapple rules it is.

Everyone else: Groan...

Kyo'nne: I'm ordering pizza.

:D
Nice. Are you planning to continue this?
Finn MacCool
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Moric » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:14 am

I think that it's best to be a page behind, but I liked making up the dialogue. So, sure.
Moric
Summoner

Previous

Return to Moonless Age