Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 53 : page 20

Re: Chapter 53 : page 20

Postby Moric » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 am

I am going to disagree. I think this is Wedding Crashers II: Kyo'nne's Tears.

Coloring was stated as inconsistent, so I would have to base my judgement on the jagged shape of the core.

Also, finding a core that size is not a commonplace event...ever.

Lastly, Salbara would not have fought to the death over an obsoleted ship.

P.S. Being wrong would rock!
Moric
Summoner

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:50 am

Nah, maybe some drunk Seattle Seahawks fans borrowed a Goodyear blimp and took it for a joyride *lol*
Fan #1: "Dude, I said turn LEFT before you hit Redmond!" :U
Fan #2: "That don't look like CenturyLink Field..." :A
Fan #1: "I think we broke the fourth wall, let's get outa here!" :U
Image *wee*
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: Bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the (Mist) Sea
Clan: Sarghress

Postby Smokehammer » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:16 am

Moric wrote:I am going to disagree. I think this is Wedding Crashers II: Kyo'nne's Tears.

Coloring was stated as inconsistent, so I would have to base my judgement on the jagged shape of the core.
Good point, but why would Ar's crew paint Kyorl symbols on the airship?

Also, finding a core that size is not a commonplace event...ever.
I dunno, raiding floating islands with the original airship shouldve made that childs play.

Lastly, Salbara would not have fought to the death over an obsoleted ship.
I doubt that two to 20 of them existing would make any one of them obsolete, but its a quasi good point in terms of "they could just build another" which could be why alot of the crew hopped on the nope train when it crashed. However, Salbara stayed mainly because she figured she could win not because she'd simply had it and didnt care one way or the other, or was desperate to save the ship (if memory serves).

Basileus_Ioannis wrote:Nah, maybe some drunk Seattle Seahawks fans borrowed a Goodyear blimp and took it for a joyride *lol*
Arg! ..and when you add in the fact that "we" show up as netherbeings -extra fun stuff!
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Moric » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:44 pm

Smokehammer wrote:
Moric wrote:I am going to disagree. I think this is Wedding Crashers II: Kyo'nne's Tears.

Good point, but why would Ar's crew paint Kyorl symbols on the airship?

Because they are supposed to be eyes?

The overall shape and cloth modifications make it appear whale-ish enough to spoof a viewer from afar, which may have been the point.

Also, I doubt Snadhya is ever going to give the Kyorls, of all people, dibs on a weapons platform that could do to Felde what was done to Machike'Shikumo. Anahid may be nice, but she knows that Snadhya is evil, and while she won't raise a hand against Snadhya, she made it clear that her clan will not adore her as unquestioning slaves.
Moric
Summoner

Postby Smokehammer » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:34 am

Moric wrote:Because they are supposed to be eyes?
Maybe. Well, actually probably. But it still seems rather convenient that they chose the stylized Kyorl "eyes" for their whale.

Also, I doubt Snadhya is ever going to give the Kyorls, of all people, dibs on a weapons platform that could do to Felde what was done to Machike'Shikumo. Anahid may be nice, but she knows that Snadhya is evil, and while she won't raise a hand against Snadhya, she made it clear that her clan will not adore her as unquestioning slaves.
Im not sure about this. Im pretty sure Snadhya's batshit and conceited enough to give each and every one of her enemies a flying ship -if for no other reason than to look like she has every intention of sharing and is completely harmless(which doesnt hold water for many reasons but that doesnt seem to stop Snad from trying). Or perhaps it was a demand by the Nuqrans? We dont know.
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Moric » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:16 am

Smokehammer wrote:
Moric wrote:Because they are supposed to be eyes?
Maybe. Well, actually probably. But it still seems rather convenient that they chose the stylized Kyorl "eyes" for their whale.

Eh, the artist could be an ex-Kyorl.

Most likely, however, it was painted as it was depicted in a storybook. Pelan and Octarya demanded the ship be like in the book, and 50 child-loving cameos made a collective "daw". It just had to be done at that point.
Moric
Summoner

Previous

Return to Moonless Age