Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki

SA: Renegade Version

SA: Renegade Version

Postby Obsidian Agent » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:27 pm

So, based on Blackmyst's drawing of Lilith and Crazy as Mass Effect characters, and the fact that I was reading Peptuck's Mass Effect/Command & Conquer crossover fanfic "Renegade", and me being, well, me, I had the following insane idea.

What if the Space Age Drow were plonked into the "Renegade" universe?

Now, since Renegade is a crossover, there are obviously already a few differences between it and canon Mass Effect. They are:

1: GDI has taken the place of the Systems Alliance, and has remained independent of the Citadel. As such, GDI is on good terms with several disaffected races, including the Krogan and Quarians.

2: GDI is at war with the Batarians. And winning.

3: The Brotherhood of Nod is also a major player in local galactic affairs. Miranda also works for Nod in this universe. Nod is also on good terms with the Quarians, seeing as Tali uses a Nod laser pistol in the 'fic.

4: Cerberus has been replaced with an organization called "Phoenix". Who may or may not have the same goals.

5: Akuze was a Scrin attack.

6: The Scrin keep all their tech from canon C&C, such as: teleportation, deflector shields, plasma and energy weapons, mind control devices, short-range wormholes, "rifts" (weaponized wormholes), particle beam weapons, weather manipulation tech, temporal stasis fields (ZA WARUDO!), and all sorts of Tiberium-based tricks. As well as some new stuff, like Tiberium-tipped flak-shells equipped with shaped nuclear warheads. And it looks like they're gearing up for a war with the Reapers.

7: In preparation for this war, the Scrin have formed an alliance with the Geth.

8: Garrus never received police training in this universe. As such, while still friendly, he acts more like... well... the unholy fusion of Jack Bauer and the Kool-Aid Man. He is also a Spectre. His solution to most problems can be summed up as "overkill?" and "kneecaps!".

9: Kaiden Alenko is a Tiberium mutant. AND a Biotic.

10: Charles Saracino is on GDI's Director Board.

11: Nihlus Kryik is still alive.

12: Shanxi was a bloody ground war due to GDI's heavy armor and ion cannons.

13: Jacob has taken Ashley's place on board the Normandy.

14: Wrex and Jacob were on Eden Prime during the Geth attack.

15: Nod ships use laser weapons to devastating effect, since they bypass kinetic barriers.

16: Kane is active on the interstellar scale here. Because of course he is.

17: Nick "Havoc" Parker V (an all-but-identical descendant of the player character of "Command & Conquer: Renegade") is a GDI Admiral. Orbital bombardment is his first resort to problems, and he remains unsatisfied if a mission has been completed and at least two buildings haven't been demolished. He and Garrus become fast friends.

Also, if the Scrin seem overpowered here, well, that's kinda the point. Peptuck has said that he was aiming to show just how OP the Scrin are compared to everyone else (except maybe the Reapers). To give you an idea, there's a scene in the fic where a Scrin cruiser and a Turian cruiser get into a battle. The Scrin ship not only tanks everything the Turians throw at it, it also casually outmaneuvers the Turian ship, cripples it with previously mentioned Tiberium-tipped, shaped-charge nuclear warhead-equipped flak shells, and then uses Masterminds to mind-control the crew. Yeah.

So, how do the SA Drow survive this new universe? Do they survive? Or do they get caught in the crossfire?
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Re: SA: Renegade Version

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:11 am

They can survive as long as they swallow their pride and keep their heads down and stay out of the way of the big boys like Scrin, Reapers, Council, and GDI.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby aceofAces » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:27 am

ThatGuyThisGuy wrote:They can survive as long as they swallow their pride and keep their heads down and stay out of the way of the big boys like Scrin, Reapers, Council, and GDI.

Or perhaps join the Citadel to petition the Council for protection and support from the Council races. I'd imagine they'd be a bit miffed about the Treaty of Farixen (because they have a strong martial tradition from what we've seen in SA) and from having to put a stopper on continual AI research (I think their current AI tech is fine and shouldn't be affected by it much considering they seem to behave more like VIs than true Artificial Intelligence). I think going it alone would be near suicidal considering there's both the Reapers AND the Scrin to deal with, plus a much more powerful and militaristic humanity in the GDI.
aceofAces
Demon

Postby Obsidian Agent » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:27 am

ThatGuyThisGuy wrote:They can survive as long as they swallow their pride and keep their heads down and stay out of the way of the big boys like Scrin, Reapers, Council, and GDI.

When have Drow EVER been known to swallow their pride? :P

aceofAces wrote:Or perhaps join the Citadel to petition the Council for protection and support from the Council races. I'd imagine they'd be a bit miffed about the Treaty of Farixen (because they have a strong martial tradition from what we've seen in SA) and from having to put a stopper on continual AI research (I think their current AI tech is fine and shouldn't be affected by it much considering they seem to behave more like VIs than true Artificial Intelligence). I think going it alone would be near suicidal considering there's both the Reapers AND the Scrin to deal with, plus a much more powerful and militaristic humanity in the GDI.

Considering that GDI is allies with the Krogan... yeah, a war with them is going to go badly. And then there's the Brotherhood of Nod, with their mobile space station Temple Prime. And Nod's elite troops are like a fusion of the following, according to Peptuck:
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby aceofAces » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:06 am

Obsidian Agent wrote:-snip-

My point exactly, The Drow would be better served making allies rather than enemies. At least early on as they establish themselves in this new universe. I mean people can knock the Citadel all they like but they likely have the largest combined territory and the largest armed forces (granted I've not read the fanfic so I dunno if this is still true) what with the turians and their massive hard-ons for producing a stupid amount of warships. I'd say that the Drow would likely want to stick with the guys with the largest combined resources as long-term that's the safest bet.
aceofAces
Demon

Postby Gunbird » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:48 am

Obsidian Agent wrote:When have Drow EVER been known to swallow their pride? :P

I think there been a few time in SA were they did swallow there pride.I think it was the 4 chapter. But you have to get a subscription in daydream to see it. 8P

Edit:
Obsidian Agent wrote:-snip-

The SA version of Naal is a augmented assassin. She acutely killed a hole room of enemies with spider arm like lasers.

And look I found on Space battles. https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads ... ge.264757/
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby razer666L » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Gunbird wrote:And look I found on Space battles. https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads ... ge.264757/

Dude, that Vs. Debate thread of mine was one-sided in favor of the drow due to not having a balanced and well-established rules in the OP. Please ignore that thread. XD ^^;

Anyway, while I know the author Peptuck who's pretty well-known in Spacebattles, his fics just kinda not my taste. They're good, no doubt about that but just not my taste. *hmmm*

In regards to drow in Renegade 'verse, I think it would be wise to join the Citadel. They'd be irritated by the Treaty of Farixen and regulations on AIs, yes. On the other hand, the drow would see large amount of potential corporate interests and alien investments. That, and not becoming a good target for pirates, slavers, criminal organizations and evil megacorporations from the Terminus Systems.

The Citadel Races are a huge untapped source of wealth, possessing entire worlds suiting the needs of corporate powers looking to expand their influence and a free market with relaxed economic policies that could result in a large influx of merchants, investors and tourists into drow space. While a significant portion of the drow populace would see a greater opportunity in dealing business with aliens that offer higher chance of income than anywhere else in drow space.

Main points:
- Joining the Citadel is voluntary; the drow could still have trade & diplomatic ties with the Citadel while not being part of it. But they'd get the perks of having an alliance with one of the most powerful military in the galaxy, plus with significant economic development if the drow joins the Citadel.

- Tourism booms in drow space, easily becoming one of the fastest growing source of income.

- Alien investments are too beneficial to ignore and so you'll start seeing some asari, volus or any Citadel race but the batarians* at the next executive corporate meeting.

*: Unless the batarian is just a representative acting on behalf of his/her multi-racial investors or corporation, not a citizen of Batarian Hegemony and not adhering to his/her race's mainstream caste-based culture, along with slavery.
Last edited by razer666L on Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
razer666L
Nether Seed

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:15 pm

razer666L wrote:Dude, that Vs. Debate thread of mine was one-sided in favor of the drow due to not having a balanced and well-established rules in the OP. Please ignore that thread. XD ^^;

It was only one-sided according to Q99 who blatantly ignored all of Mass effects advantages and because we never really found out just what a node is.

Like the fact against targets in a fixed path Mass Drivers have unlimited range and since early Drow lack sensors that can detect Mass Effect races, the Mass Effect races could easily preform massive alpha strikes against the Drow by launching large volleys of nuclear level projectiles from massive distances(remember ME ships can fire their guns every two seconds) that would nearly impossible for the Drow to detect and could easily devastate almost any structure or ship they have.

The 100,000 or so kilometers range estimate given is against active enemy ships and its mainly because beyond that range most any ship will be able to easily outmaneuver the incoming fire(Which says allot about ME's sensor and computer Technology as well.).

Or the fact ME(especially the System Alliance) Fighter tactics and technology are very well suited against Drow ships.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby Gunbird » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:18 pm

Kind of think about it, There really not that much information on the Drow compared to ME. This debate is now starting to sound vary dumb now. :/
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby razer666L » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:06 am

Gunbird wrote:Kind of think about it, There really not that much information on the Drow compared to ME. This debate is now starting to sound vary dumb now. :/

Yeah, about that... How many colonies and star systems the drow have under their control in Space Age? That, and how fast is their FTL drive?
razer666L
Nether Seed

Postby Obsidian Agent » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:13 am

This isn't so much a "Versus Debate" as it is a "What If?" scenario.

Also, how does Kane's presence affect the Drow once they learn who he is?
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Obsidian Agent » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:14 am

razer666L wrote:
Gunbird wrote:Kind of think about it, There really not that much information on the Drow compared to ME. This debate is now starting to sound vary dumb now. :/

Yeah, about that... How many colonies and star systems the drow have under their control in Space Age? That, and how fast is their FTL drive?

Don't quote me on this, but I'd heard that the Drow control something like five star systems. I could be wrong, though.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gunbird » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:41 am

A Five star systems? I don't remember anything like that.Were did you herd that from.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Obsidian Agent » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:55 am

I think I saw it on DeviantArt or something. As I said, I could be wrong.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby razer666L » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:29 am

Question: Is this the same Space Age drow that have technologically (and culturally) inferior humans living in the reserves on drow homeworld*?

*: What's the name of the homeworld again?
razer666L
Nether Seed

Next

Return to Questions and World setting