Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Destructible Times (Command & Conquer X-over)

Re: Destructible Times (Command & Conquer X-over)

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:20 am

Carl would listen to the story of Sam's brother. His face was hidden behind his helmet's facemask but he walked over to his mutant comrade and put his hand on Sam's shoulder, gripping a bit before he'd head out, catching Shynt at the transports. "Good hunting out there." He'd give Shynt a thumbs up before heading for the transports the main force would be using. Saying to no one in particular as he walked, "What the bloody hell is wrong with me? I've got no reason to hate Nod, not like how Sam does. I grew up in Luxury, no family killed by Nod, the closest I can claim is a chef killed while he was visiting family in a yellow zone, and being a just close enough to a suicide bomber to be trapped under some rubble. I wasn't even seriously injured, a few scratches and dust in my eyes. Yet I hate them as if Kane himself stabbed each and every person I loved right in front of me." He'd shake his head, a movement made almost invisible by the helmet. "Yet I see no reason to stop."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby CutieSquiggoth » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:05 am

"Oh, I know that Sam, I was paying attention you know." Sin pouted "I meant where are we going from this room, I need to get my stuff, I'm not exactly dressed for combat, but it'll only take a bit."

Sin listened as Sam, Seamus and Varana chatted, and wondered if maybe this mission wasn't a bad idea. Still, it was good to be out of the lab and all. She gently patted Sam's shoulder as she passed him to get dressed and head to her assigned transport.
CutieSquiggoth
Summoner

Postby Gunbird » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:11 am

(Sorry for the late post.RL stuff and all.)

Joey waved his hand forward as he moved towards the modified Hammerhead "That means the 4 of us are leaving in 2!"

The 2 pilots were already in the cockpit, strapping into their seats and starting up the little gunship. The sniper team set on the outside seats and waited for there suits to connect to the safety magnets. A good feature to have when writing outside on a aircraft in a place like the red zone.

As the craft lift off hovered towards the lift, Shynt was surprised that the "stealth Ox" was not following them. "Hay Joey. Why is that V-35 staying at the base?" " I don't know. The commander might for another mission or something."
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:31 am

Carl would be ambling about outside the transport till both Sam and Sin showed up. He'd climb onboard and place himself firmly in a seat, pulling the restraint harness down and 'buckling up'. He'd sigh, "So we're really working with Nod on this one? I know it's for the greater good and all...but still. Leaves a foul taste in the mouth." He'd stare ahead as he waited for liftoff, "EVA? Do you have connection to the Civilian Networks?" Connection is poor, but stable. "See if you can bring up the Stock Exchange, please." Working. Carl's eyes would dot across the screen as numbers and letters started scrawling all over his HUD. "My Portfolio please." Working. Carl would smile under his helmet, there'd be some whispers amongst some of the other soldiers, "Is this guy really checking his stocks right before a mission?" "Well, looks like I made a killing last night. Let's hope it's gonna be the same for this mission!" He would say aloud, hoping to psych up the others on the ship.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby CutieSquiggoth » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:47 am

Sin went and quickly got dressed into her usual GDI outfit, which wasn't modified very much really, a bit more flexible, and space for a nice sword. Even in this world of guns and flying bombs etc, combat felt weird without a sword strapped to her somewhere, and a couple of small daggers just in case. After all you never really knew what life would throw at you. It was exactly because of that concept that she also took some nether summoning stones, just in case you know?

She took a seat on the transport opposite Carl and heard him speak. "A killing would be nice, I'm hoping I've got a dinner date to get to and I'd rather not be late for that :)"
CutieSquiggoth
Summoner

Postby Gunbird » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:50 am

The hammerhead was getting close to its destination. Even though the cloaking device was working pretty well, the two snipers felt uneasy. Joey spoke on his mic.

"Hay greenny!Did you ever heard of the phrase "calm before the storm" ? " "Yes I have." Shynt replied only looked at the Scrin appearing from the horizon."And I have full understanding of what it means."

It took less than a minute for the aircraft to land near the old factory and drop off the sniper team. It reengaged it's cloaking device, then flew off."Ok, set up the traps and let's get ourselves into position. Do not engage the enemy till the mane force gets close to this place."
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:27 am

Car's HUD would close the window it had open and he saw that Sin was sitting across from him in a jump seat, his eye was drawn to her sword. "Do you really think you'll be using that on our battlefields..." he trailed off, "Actually, bloody hell that might be a viable weapon if you can get close enough. Most of our armor is made to resist bullets or dissipate energy blasts. Might have to get me one." He'd chuckle, "It's the slow knife that penetrates the shield." quoting from a book. He'd look to the corner of his HUD as the announcement came over about the Scrin translator. "That should come in handy, as long as it can tell the difference between 'bathroom' and 'suicide booth'."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby CutieSquiggoth » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:19 am

"Sure I do, how can you be so sure that they won't get this close to us? See, I may not ever use it, but I'd rather not be caught short. It's why I brought these really"

Sin pulled out 3 netherstones and idly began to juggle them.

"A slow knife penetrates a shield? What about this armour-piercing ammunition they keep talking about? As for the Scrin, well we'll see soon enough I suspect"

Sin stopped juggling and put the netherstones back in her pouch, wondering what was to happen next.
CutieSquiggoth
Summoner

Postby Gunbird » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:13 am

(Sorry for the late post.)

Once the team got inside the factory, the troopers set up some traps and guarded the the door they went through. The two snipers set up near a window when they heard that that more scouts have entered towered. " Well that explains V-35. But who the hell would be suicidal enough to go striate to the tower?"After a moment Shynt spoke."I think I got a good idea who up there."

It did take long for Joey to spot a column of Flame tanks being refueled. " Well well well. Look like some one forgot build roof over their gas station." He put the ammunition settings on his rifle to armor piercing incendiary. "Once the our guys get close to the base I'm going to give the Nods a bit of a fire works display." "All right Ill keep the enemy snipers and AT gunner away from our guys."
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:14 am

"It's...complicated. It's from a book, to sum it up they have energy shields they use in duels that repel fast moving objects, bullets, swords, the like." he drew his combat knife to try and illustrate the point, making a quick stab and recoil motion with the blade, "But the slow knife can slip through the shield," he slowly moved the knife towards a non existent target, then a quick plunge, "and give you the coup de grâce. Hopefully what we're about to do, but more subtle." He withdrew the knife and sheathed it, "Interesting read, sort of a cross between Feudalism with high tech weaponry. I can loan you a copy of the first one if you want." He turned to Sam, "I'm full of surprises, though I never did get past the first couple chapters of Emperor. Such a shame, with the amount of noise we're about to make it'd be an interesting addition to combat." Carl would check his weapons one final time, tapping the live disk grenades he had on his hip.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby CutieSquiggoth » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:59 am

"Oh, that sounds rather interesting" :) "If I survive till the morning, I'll take you up on that offer, thanks" :) "I gotta survive this combat, get back and survive dinner, and who knows what after that, but, hopefully" :)

Sensing that combat was near Sin checked all her stuff and started some basic exercises to prepare herself, her body and mind, for combat. Simple breathing exercises, and small hand movements were it.
CutieSquiggoth
Summoner

Postby Gunbird » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:49 am

Once Joey herd that the main force were about to land near the tower, he aimed at the fuel nozzle that was still connected to the Flame-Tank.He took deep breathes to slow his hart rate. Whale exhaled, he slowly pressed the trigger till his rifle fired. The armor piercing incendiary round went out the barrel at almost twice the speed of sound. It hit it's target, igniting fuel, causing the tank and the the fuel station to burst into a large ball of fire.

Even thought the sniper team were 100 meters away and were wearing environmental suits, they can still feel the heat. "Wow, that worked a lot better then I thought."
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:15 am

"That was awkward." He'd mentally prep himself and waited for touchdown and the doors to open. (Short post)
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby CutieSquiggoth » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:14 am

Sin walked out of the dropship and looked around, there were bound to be enemies and cover here, and probably enemies in cover.

But then there was a massive explosion of fire "Oooh, pretty :)"
CutieSquiggoth
Summoner

Postby Gunbird » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:58 pm

It don't take long for the enemy personnel to recover themselves and recognize Sam squad heading tower. One of heretics manage to fire a rocket at them, but luckily it missed its target.

Shynt made sure that he would never fire his weapon again, as he sent a match grade round into the extremist head. He then set his sights on a brotherhood sniper. When the bullet hit right through the Nod's rib cage, he staggered and went over the guard rail. He fell on to other cultists trying to set up a machine-gun , killing them both.

He was about to take out another enemy, when he saw buggy speeding towards the commandos. "Juster! Buggy at 700 meters , 2 o'clock! "

"Im on it!" Joey said before firing. The anti-material bullet hit one of the vehicles back wheels, causing it to swerve then flip over several times, crushing a few brotherhood soldiers in the process. The Italian/Irish sniper then chuckled . "Wow did these guys got their driver license from Ch-" Shynt interrupted him. "No time for jokes! We got more enemy personnel and vehicles heading towards our guys!
Gunbird
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern