Solar Spicule: (Part One) Memories of Nirrous

Re: Solar Spicule: (Part One) Memories of Nirrous

Postby Andromedai » Sat May 31, 2014 10:32 am

Kyndariana was resting upon her bed, reading a lengthy fantasy novel about some ring that could rule them all, when the buzzer to her room sounded. "One moment please." She pulled herself out of bed and walked over to the metallic door. Pressing a button on the keypad next to the door, it opened with a soft hiss. On the other side, stood a solider carrying a rather large metallic box that had intricate patterns etched into it in both of his arms. "Solares had a meal prepared for each of you, if you would not mind, I will set this down on the kitchen table inside of your room." Kyndariana moved out of the way for the solider to enter, taking a couple steps to the left, while keeping eye contact on the large metal container.

The solider placed it down upon the kitchen table top before turning around, and looking at Kyndariana for a moment. It was then, she remembered that she was not wearing much other than a shirt and some under-armor. "Have you never seen a female before? get out, and tell Solares thank you for me." She grabbed onto the solider and pushed him out of the door. He chuckled to himself in response, adding "I have, but none as good looking as you." with a wink. "Not interested, go pester someone else with your stupidity and raging hormones." Looking outside of her room, she noticed other soldiers were delivering food to the rest of her squad as well.

The door shut behind her with the same, almost inaudible hiss as before. The time on the digital clock in her room read [21:00] as she pulled out a part wood and part metal chair from the table, taking a seat upon it and looking upon the metal case with curiosity. "Haven't had anything to eat in two days, so might as well." thought Kyndariana to herself as she reached to remove the lid of the metal case. As soon as it was removed, the smell of a freshly prepared, hearty meal filled the room. A small piece of paper was attached to each dish, they read as follows.

(Tagliatelle Rustiche, in a hearty meat sauce) - (Garlic brea.) - (Minestrone Soup) - (Assortment of beers and wine) - (Tiramisu)

"Where they hell does she find the time, money, and supplies to do these things." Thought Kyndariana as she took out each separate dish in a loving, gentle way. With out wasting any time, she immediately dug into her food with the utensils provided. "I hope the others have found their way to their rooms and are at least trying to relax." A while would pass before Kyndariana placed the dishes into the box they had arrived in then placed it outside of her room. She was to tired and to full to walk the box back to the kitchen and personally think Solares. As soon as the door closed, she found herself back on her bed, trying to fall asleep.

[Time Skip - Dreamscape - Please feel free to write a post before the time skip.]

"Did you get an invitation to the party Kyn?" asked Solares, who was in a dress of black and red, golds swirls sewn into its fine fabric that had been hand made by some of the finest tailors available. A mask of an angler fish, carved out of bone covered her face. Kyndariana stood in front of her, holding up an envelope that had a wax seal of a snake wrapping around a dagger pressed onto it. "Of course I did sister, I highly doubt the Kyona family would only invite one of us." Kyndariana's outfit was not as elaborate as Soalres's, but it did have enough flare to catch the eye. Her out was blue and gold, and could be called a uniform to some. The mask she wore was that of a deformed skull make out of metal, two lenses were placed where the eyes should have been.

"Well, I say we should head inside before we miss any of the fun." Kyndariana motioned for Soalres to take the lead with bow and motion of her left arm. The building that stood before them was massive, and truly a sight to behold beneath the clear night sky. The outside of the home was heavily decorated with flages, drapes, flowers, and many other expensive and extremely showy items. Two large wooden doors opened to reveal a hallway filled with two long tables, covered in numerous verities of exquisite food that was very rarely seen in the lesser areas of the city. Each wall of the hall had cloth hanging down from it, every five feet or so, that was was lined in gold, glinting in the bright lights that filled the hall. White flower petals covered the marble flooring that lead through the house, and stopped at the living room.

"They never cease to impress me with these lavish parties they throw many times a year. I hope they other guests like our masks." Kyndariana grabbed onto a glass of champagne and sipped its contents, walking away from the table with all of the food and drinks into the living room, that stretched up at least thirty feet high. A glass chandelier hanging from the ceiling gave off a soft glow, Solares pointed up, and Kyndariana's eyes followed. "That was not here last time they had a party, I think we should get one sister, but the lights should be changed." Someone from behind them coughed lightly, "Excuse me ladies..."

The two of them turned around to find Sunna Kyona, a sheepish smile across her face. "It is good to see you two, I hope the war outside the walls is not being to hard on the two of you?" Sunna laughed, "As if it has ever been, we nobles are very fortunate that we do not have to live like the rest of those poor people. Let us walk, I have something to show the two of you." Kyndariana and Solares both bowed at the same time and followed behind Sunna. She brought them to her own private room and handed them a leather bound book, with the word 'Memories' upon it. "I do believe you and your sister will find this useful, you two are looking for what happened here, correct?" She paused, the sound of music started to play from below them, in the main entry way of the home.

(Song playing http://grooveshark.com/s/A+Swan+Is+Born/3qMbwU?src=5)

Kyndariana and Solares both looked at each other, then back to Sunna who was no longer smiling. "It all happened so suddenly, it was a beautiful day here on Nirrous, then we heard a very low hum that seemed to come from everywhere. Then they appeared from the sky, landing upon our building and fireing some kind of pure beam of energy. When it hit someone, they turned into ash, those were the lucky ones." Kyndariana looked around and noticed that Solares had vanished, and all that was left was Sunna, and the city around them.

"The others were abducted and taken to their ship, for what reason, I do not know. What I do know, is what happened next, once the ship left. People started to attack each other, like rabid animals that had a hunger the Drow as well as the humans. As time passed, we noticed a form of what seemed to be a plant or spore that was in the air. People turned from their regular bodies to something much worse, even the dead came back. What we learned is that the spore takes over the body, transforms its host to into one of these creatures. The body became twisted and mangled, its form more alien like than humanoid. We tried to control it, to clean it out of our city then purge the whole settlement with an alien weapon we found. There were more of them, but we only had time to move one to the city. By then, it was to late. The town had been almost completely overrun, and our only choice was to use it on ourselfs, to hopefully kill off those creatures and spores at the cost of millions of lives. The book you are looking for will be in my home, you will recognize it from this dream. You must find my journal and study it closely, all the information you will need will be in its pages."

Sunna then reached up to take off her bunny mask to reveal a horribly disfigured face that made even Kyndariana pull pack in disgust.

Kyndariana awoke nine hours later, feeling as if she had just experienced the best sleep of her life. Pulling herself out from her bed, she took a cold shower and thought about everything that had happened in the dream. She then slipped into her armor, grabbed all of her equipment and made her way to each of her squad mates rooms. As she did this, she called out each of their names at their rooms, stopping at Reka's. "I wonder if she heard what I said on the radio..." thought Kyndariana. "Everyone get up and get ready to move out, we need to scout the city from the air for a landmark." She leaned against the wall near Reka's room and waited for them patiently.

Solares came out of her own room down the hall and walked up to Kyndariana before hugging her tightly, "Good morning sister, I hope you had a very relaxing, and rejuvenating sleep last night? How was the food? how was the room? do you like it? is there anything I can change? If there is anything wrong, please let me know." Solares paused, then leaned to the left, looking at the number on the door she stood next to. "Hey, what are you doing by Reka's room? shouldnt you be waiting at the end of the hall? I was not sure what time all of you were going to wake up at so my chefs are waiting to hear from me so they can make all of you breakfast." She paused again, "Wait a minuet...so I DID hear that on the radio." Solares's smile quickly turned into a strong smirk. "Don't worry Kyn, I wont tell anyone that does not already know." She reached up and ruffled Kyndarianas hair.

Kyndariana did not say a word, she only glanced down at the ground, then away from Solares, then finally made eye contact with her. "Hyper this morning, how much coffee did you have?" asked Kyndariana, "I am not hyped up on caffeine, I am just excited to have you and your friends here at my side. It was diffacult trying to keep all of this a secret from you for, how long was it? twenty years?" Kyndariana nodded her head, "Yeah, twenty years." Solares's com lit up, she quickly held up her index finger while she listened. "Pancakes, waffles, frenchtost, make five of each item on the list, ok? good to hear, thank you, bye." Solares crossed her arms across her chest and leaned back against the wall with her sister.
Last edited by Andromedai on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andromedai
Summoner

Location: Azeroth...or is it the Koprulu Sector? maybe Sanctuary?
Clan: Sarghress

Postby django » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:57 am

It was over for now. Mae muttered in her head as she left the gun post. Trying not to look at the wreckage before them and thinking about it. This wolf needed a drink.

Mae found herself in the mess hall, eating a tray of military 'home' cooking. Which consisted of a bowl of stew, a bun and a glass of coke. Not that no name brad shit either.

True to her drinking habits. She didn't have much of a hang over this morning and what ever she did have was long gone with a the help of a moltrin at this time of the day. The new was playing in the tv and it was talking about the station going up in the fight. "Somebody change the channel. Anything better then is."
Tripping out from a bad coke.

PM for Rping help
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Brawl97 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:58 am

*Ebinoth decided to go down to the mess and eat*
(Don't have too terribly much to say)
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby SoulCode » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:29 pm

Reka pondered for a while. Or at least that would be what a normal person would do. Reka on the other hand, just sat listlessly and let her silent thoughts drift.

Chrom, as her memory served her, came into her room. The large man placed down a tray of food and straightened. He looked to Reka as if expecting her to say a word, give an order, something. That or he was just staring, impossibly hard to tell with a masked person.
Reka didn't respond with so much of a twitch in her expression as looked at him right back.
Chrom left as much the conversationalist as when he entered. Reka looked at the food.

--

Reka awoke.
Surrendering to finding out answers when the chance came along, she got an early shower, followed by a check-over of her armor. Still maintained as always and with a tool-kit in the pouch Reka did her usual tweeks.
Equipment as usual, Reka heard Kyn's summons.

She walked out her door, quite honestly surprised to see Kyn there.
Reka gave her a very Reka-like greeting,
"..."
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:58 am

The door to the mess hall opened and a tall figure with a black sleeveless shirt and cargo pants tucked into steel toed boots walked in. The dark elf was athletically built, and the scars crisscrossing his arms of bullet wounds mana burns and blade strikes made it clear he was a soldier of some sort. “Remind me again Raven,” he said, bright green eyes turning down to address the human woman currently in his arms, “Why, you suddenly forgot how to use your legs and I had to carry you princess style into the mess hall on pancake day instead of rushing here to get a suitable stack before everyone else?” His tone was more playful then annoyed and he was grinning at the human, not seeming to mind the fact that he was carrying a woman wearing power armor.

“Oh quit your whining already, you should feel honored to have the chance to carry me into the mess all in such a way. If you must have an answer, and knowing you that’s a definite yes, my legs are still quite sore from yesterday’s mission. Most importantly, why would I want to walk when I can have such a respectful, talented, and strong gentleman such as yourself carry me?” Ravens blue eyes peered back up into the dark elf's eyes, a smirk spread across her face. “Or, do you enjoy food more than females? I could just sit alone at a table with my rifle as company.” She reached up and lightly flicked his nose with the index finger of her left hand.

“Respectful? Gentleman?” he asked, laughing as he moved into the hall, “Talented sure but clearly someone’s spreading lies about my character if it’s got out that I’m respectful, let alone a gentleman.” He set her down standing beside the line for food, “And I think you would sit with your rifle anyway even if I wasn’t distracted by trying to eat the city’s entire stock of pancakes, you wear your armor almost all the time why would you go anywhere without your gun?” he laughed again, running a hand through his unkempt black hair as he reached down to pick up a plate and started to serve himself pancakes… he got to about twelve before he stopped and then poured syrup on them.

“A little flattery never hurt anyone, you did carry me here, in my power armor, and took the chance of missing fresh pancakes all for me.” She landed on the ground, feet first with grace, her armor barely making a sound as it made contact with the stone floor. “You have a point, I go everywhere with all of my gear, never know what could happen next around these parts.” She reached over and grabbed a pancake from his plate with a wink. “I do like pancakes, but I am more of a French toast kind of girl.” She used tongs to grab onto a couple slices of French toast, followed by pancakes, a muffin, scrambled eggs, fruit and a cup of coffee. “You know, we both love our food and eat a lot of it, I think that’s one reason we are such good friends.” Raven pointed at an empty table near a window overlooking part of the garden district of the city. Taking a seat, she placed the rifle next to her, and waited for her friend to take a seat across from her before starting to eat.

“Well there’s flattery yes but it’s a fine line between flattery and an outright lie, also wow rude is it so difficult to take a pancake from the table rather then one of mine?” he said before he got another pancake to replace the one stolen by Raven and poured a cup of coffee for himself before he took a seat opposite her at the table, “And that my dear is why we are just friends, French toast is obviously inferior to pancakes,” he took a knife and cut the tall stack of pancakes, sticking a fork in the top of the stack and eating about three of them at once, chewing for a minute before he swallowed, “Not to mention I’d never even actually –heard- of French anything until I met humans because we don’t have a France on the homeplanet… or any of our colonies.” He shrugged and took another big bite of the stack.

Raven was leaning back in her chair, her left leg crossing over her right. After a sip of coffee, she smiled at what he said, “It’s on a planet far away from here, as you undoubtedly know, nothing to worry yourself over.” The French toast in front of her had powdered sugar sprinkled on top of it, adding that extra flare to the food. All the food that had been prepared for them had something extra added to it, not so common for the mess hall they had chosen for breakfast. “They put extra effort into making this morning’s breakfast, or maybe I am just really hungry.” She laughed softly to herself, just before the waiter placed a large thermos of coffee at the table. “I wonder where the rest of my squad is, they should be up by now and heading here for breakfast.”

“Yeah well tell them if they try to steal any of my pancakes I’ll eat them,” he said, his tone dead serious but still smiling. He took a few sips of his coffee, “also need to talk to the arms master about fixing my axe, chain on it gunked up again, damn things a relic but like hell I’m getting rid of it.”

“Let’s not do that, eating people is just…sickening. If it comes to it, I will make you some pancakes myself.” Raven pointed at her rifle now, “Should try a weapon like this, it’s a lot more effective, but having a melee weapon is also a good idea.” She took another bite of her French toast then swallowed the bite rather quickly, it appeared she did not even chew the food. “Don’t have to replace the whole thing, just parts of it. You know you can get the chain electrified, right? Not sure what use that would be, but it would look cool when you are cutting through something.” She glanced down at her plate and noticed it had been cleaned of its food. Leaning over the back of her seat, she waved down a waiter, “Bring me some god damn pancakes!” She returned to her sitting position and folded her arms across her chest. “No more coffee for me, I am a lightweight when it comes to caffeine.”

“Chain is hard to electrify considering it makes the teeth on it spin,” he said, chuckling, “And I have a rifle too, it’s nothing special but I know how to use it, still prefer my axe and my hand gun,” he shrugged and gave a toothy grin, "Eating people is not that bad, in the colony I’m from it got pretty brutal so we had to resort to cannibalism sometimes to survive,” he tilted his head some, lost in a memory. “Ahhh, those were the days.” He waved at the waiter too, “You bring two more plates of tall stacks as well! Also some juice for the lady!” he laughed and kept going with his pancakes.

“You never cease to amaze me with the amount of food you can eat in a single sitting, you have must have an extra stomach or something. I need to read up on Drow anatomy again, it seemed it I may have missed a couple of things.” A smirk spread across her face, “I could use a volunteer for a living specimen to study." Ravens fingers ran on the edge of the table in a rhythmic pattern. The pancakes and juice where then placed upon the table by the waiter who bowed lightly to them, then left. “As for eating people, let’s not talk about that please, even more so when we are at breakfast. I have been in some horrible situations and have seen things I do not want to remember.” Raven shrugged, “People will do what they can to survive." With closed eyes, she leaned back in her seat and sipped her juice slowly, seeming to be deep in thought.

((Joint post with Andromedai))
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Andromedai » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:28 am

A couple of hours after her squad had eaten breakfast, they would be aboard a VTOL scout ship that circled around the abandoned city below. The shuttles on board A.I. would occasionally try to warn Raven, who was the pilot, about how close they came to the buildings on certain passes. "Regulations require you to fly at least fifteen feet away from the structures at all times." Raven did her best to ignore the ships A.I. while listening to Kyndariana talk to her and trying not to end up colliding with something. "You are making me nervous by flying so close to those buildings Raven, I would appreciate it if you would try and put a couple more yards between us and a fiery death." Kyndariana sat next to Raven, using a pair of high powdered flight optics that was attached to her helmet.

"Apologies, I am use to flying into high risk zones, it just happens subconsciously. You said you were looking for a four story mansion surrounded by large trees that had a fountain in the middle of a courtyard. We have been doing loops for the last half an hour Kyndariana and I have yet to see anything like that." Kyndariana mumbled something under her breath before adjusting the settings of the optics, "I think...I may have just found it, bring us to..." [54/67/63/35] She punched in the numbers on the keypad in front of her, seconds later the ship would bank sharply to the left and fly in between two large skyscrapers. "It was that close all this time? what a waste of fuel." The ship greatly accelerated, pushing Kyndariana back into her seat."Literally, it was down this one stretch of road." Their surroundings passed with a blur, it was easy to tell they were going a lot faster than they should have been. "I can see the mansion, we should be there in....five seconds." The ship decelerated, now pushing Kyndariana forward, making her grab onto the the seat belt straps that crossed over her body.

The ship landed upon the pavement outside of the mansion, Kyndariana unhooked her seat belts and stood up, walking out of the ship. Standing in front of the rusty metal gate that lead to the courtyard of the mansion, Kyndariana crossed her arms over her chest and stared. "There is no doubt in my mind that this is the house we are looking for."There was a short pause, "I want everyone to search the house for a leather journal that has a black and white crest of a rose sewn into it. Its about this big, and this wide, should not be hard to miss." She used her hands to show the two sizes. "If you find anything like that, bring it to me immediately." Raven was the last to leave the ship, she grabbed onto her gear and followed behind the group.

"I am going to the watchtower on top of the mansion to keep an eye out for anything." she used her jump pack to easily and surprisingly quietly scale the mansion. Kyndariana was the first to the mansion doors, once they opened, she froze in her tracks, looking at the mansions interior, a blank look spread across her face. It looked almost exactly the way it had in her dream, just a bit more worn down. "This mansion sure did hold up well for however long its been abandoned." Moving out of the doorway, she motioned for her squad to enter, "Search every floor, everything you can see, I want that journal found before it gets dark. Just remember, I do not want any of you stealing anything from this house, have respect for the dead."
Last edited by Andromedai on Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andromedai
Summoner

Postby django » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:33 pm

"Yeah listen to the AI and don't crash us Raven. Doesn't give us alot of room to doge, if someone trying to kill us." Mae said from her seat. Trying not to think about or watch it from the windows. "This isn't a movie."

Goddess it was good to have the old MG5 LMG in her hands, and Ruger Dire wolf weight at her hip again. And this time she wasn't going down to some stupid gas again, as she equipped a specialized helmet to filter all a kinds of crap.

When the ship landed. Mae raised her LMG and couched to the VTOLs port side. Scanning for target, before moving on with the rest of the group. Nothing so far. "What makes you think the book is still here?", Mae said as she scanned the ground with her scanners, looking for uncloaked mines and or claymores.

PM for Rping help
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:22 am

Ebinoth listened to his music player, the loud classical music drowning everything out, a little dalliance he liked to indulge in when things were too quiet for his liking, he was happy to be on the ground....well not in space anymore, explosions in space were all pretty but it didn't have that satisfying kaboom. He sighed for a moment silently cursing the vacuum of space for denying him the sound of the explosion, the sound of metal bursting as that cannon blew the massive ship to pieces. He was happy to have new people on the mission with him, he liked meeting new people.

Ebinoth took the headphones out and smiled as they made their landing. He rolled his eyes at kyn when she said to respect the dead, as someone who had eaten people many times that courtesy was lost on him, he would comply because he liked kyn but he did laugh at her a bit. He raised his rifle and with a big grin said She wouldn't have brought us along if se didn't have an idea of where it was. Or she's guessing and at least their might be valuabke things in there as a consolation.

* The music in question
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yctfXIqugXc&feature=kp
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby SoulCode » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:20 pm

So Kyn stood outside her door. Looked at Reka, and...left?
Did she just...did Kyn just pull a Reka moment on Reka?

Reka blinked a few times and added another question in her mind.
With these questions buzzing about she was so distracted that she got all halm-food by mistake.
Made for...interesting flavor when she sat and ate.

-------------------

The airship ride was more questions as Reka let her body fall back to muscle memory as it double-checked her weapons and supplies. Reka herself was rather lost in her own head.
Not 30 hours ago she was at a shootng range in the lower levels of the space station.
In that short time she had met a new squad, sent on a recon mission, find recordings of her old squad, been abducted, met a new hidden army, fought a space battle, saw the station destroyed, saw massive ship blown up not 1 minute after, heard Kyn's confession, merged with hidden army, and sent on a new mission.
The quick-fire succession of events made for no time for Reka to adjust or understand.

The ship landed and the mansion stood before them.

--------------------

Piled with questions, Reka was confused on how to sort it all out.

So she didn't.

She accepted that it was a little nuts and simply decided to move on. She was, is, a scout.
There was a mission. There was an objective. There was a book to find.
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:34 pm

When it came to meeting new people, especially people who seemed to be either the really well armed and silent type or the equally well armed and talked a lot type, either way, the mercenary liked to gauge the people he met. Sometimes. Not always of course but just if they seemed interesting. He didn't have a lot of hope for Raven's friends... or her driving but then, she was better at piloting a gunship then he was. The first time he'd done that there were a bunch of naked people on board and he landed it (if landing is the same as smashing it through the wall of) at a hospital on the 22nd floor.

Either way this promised to be either incredibly boring or incredibly interesting. "I've yet to have anyone explain to me just why we need this journal, or why such a big group of us is needed to find it," he drawled, cricking his neck as he stepped off of the off ramp and watched Raven fly up to the top of the mansion. He wore tactical armor, sleeveless save for a pair of gauntlets on each wrist with some read outs and display numbers, on each hip he had a holstered plasma pistol, a few modifications looked like they'd been done to both and they were, for lack of a better word, stupidly big, almost like firing one and break a smaller person's arm. On his belt he wore a large pack but it was unclear what he was keeping in it as it didn't seem like it was big enough to be explosive ordinance or anything else like that. Besides he had those in a duffel over his shoulder and to finish it off was a tactical assault rifle on his back. Rounding off his gear was a folded axe on his belt, though it was unclear just how it worked with it folded up like that.

The dark elf had yet to really introduce himself to the rest of the group, let alone ask their names but he was there and he seemed to be more then a little talkative. "Right, can't disrespect the dead, I mean, what if we offend them they might rot on us." he had every intention to take some things, he never understood some people's notions that the dead had a right to their things when they could be better served to people who could put them to use, and while Kyn might be Raven's friend, she wasn't the one paying him and therefore, had no business giving him orders.
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Andromedai » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:03 am

"I would not have brought us out to the mansion unless I was sure the journal was located somewhere in this building. It is here somewhere, we just have to find it before nightfall of course." Kyndariana spoke into her com as she pulled out drawers, opened shelves and searched everything she could get her hands onto. "Speaking of which, how is the search going everyone, find anything interesting?" she asked into her com. Their current assignment was not the most exciting one, or really enjoyable at all for that matter. Kyndariana would see it though even if they had to spend the next couple of days searching for it. Raven was the lucky one in the group, she sat in the tower on top of the house that gave her a full view of everything around the house for quite a distance.

Like a hawk waiting for its prey, Raven scanned her surroundings, looking for anything out of the normal. At first, she did not notice what was looming in the distance, a dark storm cloud, heavy and ominous, it moved towards them at an alarming speed. Finely, Ravens hud flashed red a couple of times with a message that said, "WARNING: STORM APPROACHING." She quickly stopped her music and spoke into her com, "Good afternoon everyone, this is your captain speaking, a large storm that looks like it could cause some serious damage is heading our way. We should either take shelter in the mansion, or we should head back to base. In my personal opinion, we should head back to base in the next five minuets."
Andromedai
Summoner

Postby django » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:15 pm

"I guess.", Mae said to Ebinoth as she approached the house. Wishing this mission was done in the cover of darkness. "Codes. Pass works. Black maiL Anything you don't want to be hacked, you put it on paper. Make somebody go and get it."

Mae wasn't sure who the new guy was, but it was different to work with a dark elf that wasn't trying to kill you. It wasn't helped by the last few days being the most jarring mission Maes ever done. But right now, with the storm coming, it wasn't the time for idol talk.

"Too bad, this Tv is pretty big to leave behind.", Mae said as she peeked behind the wall hanging plasma TV. Looking for secret compartments in the wall. "Where going to need like an hour to comb this place, at the least. You should have brought more people."

Mae slung her LMG to her back to free up her hands to dig around with.

PM for Rping help
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:11 pm

Ebinoth was perturbed by the news of the oncoming storm, best to get going right quick. He kept his weapon at the ready for any kind of assault, staying silent to avoid detection by any enemy. Ebinoth scanned the room quickly looking in place after place for his target.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby SoulCode » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:27 pm

Reka heard the radio chatter, also known as orders, and continued as she was.
The mansion was quite large, no surprise. Reka's stepped creeked on the old stairs and floor as she made her way to the top level. She carefully checking every place like any scout would, even if she still wasn't sure what hostiles there could be.
Most the halls were damaged and dusty. Each room showed equal signs of misuse.
Reka paused at a small library, only to continue on seeing the shelves oddly empty.

It was the Reka opened the door to what once must have been a bedroom. Whilst dusty, it was eerily calm and pristine. It was if the room itself was preserved in time. It was a small room, naught but dresser bed and mirror. The room's lone window was half covered with the drapes. The room seemed to connect to Reka somehow, perhaps because both were of quiet nature.
Reka set down her rifle and went to the window, pulling back the drape enough to look out. The light from outside made the windows all but white. She wondered slightly what the room's late occupant must have felt looking out this window...
As Reka had heard on the radio, a storm was indeed coming and Reka placed her hand on the bed to lean over to get a better look.

She felt something and looked down. Under the sheets, dusty but preserved like much the room was a book. She idly felt it's leather title-less cover before she clicked her headset,
"Objective acquired."
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Postby Andromedai » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:44 am

The storm was a torrent of darkness amongst the abandoned city, violent winds weaved through the buildings and heavy rain blanketed the land, causing flooding in the low land areas. Raven stood outside of the mansion near the shuttle, waiting for the crew while the rain pelted her body, making it hard to see anything without using her optics. "We do not have much time, get outside already!" Raven opened the doors to the shuttle and got in, taking the pilots seat. The ships A.I. immediately started to spew warnings at her about how she should stay grounded during the storm. Flashes of light came from in the distance, not far from the mansion, "Times up everyone, we need to move now."

Back inside of the mansion, Kyndariana was running up the stairs to meet with Reka. She finally found her in the bedroom, looking out one of the windows, the journal in her hands. "Reka? you found the journal? hold onto it and let's get out of here." Motioning for her to follow, she ran down the stairs, using her com to tell everyone else to meet her outside at the shuttle."We are on our way Raven, have the ship ready to go once we are outside." Of course, Raven already had all of that covered, and was keeping a close eye on the weather patterns that only grew with every moment they wasted. "Everybody ready to go? I hope you didn't leave anything behind, because we will not be coming back."

Once outside, Kyndariana and whoever stood by her side would be hit by large drops of rain and a violent wind that made it hard for them to see or even walk. "Get to the shuttle!" she yelled at the top of her lungs, making sure everyone in her squad could hear her.
Andromedai
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay