Solar Spicule: (Part One) Memories of Nirrous

Re: Solar Spicule: (Part One) Memories of Nirrous

Postby Brawl97 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:59 pm

Ebinoth was observing all the cool toys he had to play with, rifles of all sorts, heavy weapons, exquisitely made every last one. He smiled at the array of weapons, Oh my, oh my, this looks promising. he said grabbing a shotgun, it was a hefty automatic weapon Oh the carnage we will cause baby. It will be glorious.. he cooed to the weapon as though it could respond.

As he was about to take the gun and test it out the alarm sounded and Ebinoth's eyes were alight with enthusiasm Intruders? Where!? Oh it's time for fun my dear! he said to the weapon and ran out of the armory. Before he could even remember that he couldn't get to a quarantined area it was over. He sighed when he couldn't get to shoot the stow away. He was giving kyn a suspicious look hmmf, one of her friends is here, awfully convenient. he scoffed to himself I'll take her. he said to the A.I., taking the unconscious stow away he walked to one of the empty rooms and layed Solares down Welcome to the ship, I got my eye on you. he said sitting in a chair, both hands caressing his new shotgun hoping just a little bit for this person to make a move.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Andromedai » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:05 am

As the doors to the ships main elevator opened with a soft hissing sound, Kyndariana quickly turned around to respond to Mae's question, her sapphire blue eyes peering into Mae's. "I am not entirely sure Mae, but it seems we have quite a large number, enough to occupy the empty seats on the ship. Now hurry up and get into the elevator so we can go grab some lunch." Kyndariana held the button inside of the elevator to make sure that the doors did not close on either Reka or Mae. A couple of drones decided they would stay in the armory to search for any other stowaways. The others, quickly made their way back to their stations.

Solares would remain unconscious until a couple minutes after she was placed upon the bed in one of the spare rooms aboard the ship. Her body would twitch slightly a couple of times before she opened her blood red eyes slowly, a pained expression across her face quickly followed. The ships A.I would break the silence, "Solares, Female Drow of the Special Operations squad twenty three. Pulse: Eighty Five beats for minuet. Blood Pressure: One Hundred and Thirty Seven. Brainwaves show stress, anger, and high levels of pain. Recommended Actions: Administer Morphine via medical kit, failure could result in permanent damage to strained muscles." Solares was somewhat conscious, but was still unable to talk or move much.

(Ten days before touchdown, from within the city.)
"What the hell are you talking about? I do not see shit out here, and this storm is f**king up all of our equipment." said a mercenary named John that was peering out one of the windows of a tall apartment complex that they had taken shelter inside of from the storm. "I am telling you, I saw movement below us, they were on my heat sensor then they were gone. Theres something out there, I swear to god." The other Mercenary named Nick said as he sat in the corner of the room, rifle in hand, pointing it at the door. "Calm the f**k down already and get yourself together, this city has been dead longer than you have been a virgin so relax and act like a soldier." John glared at Nick from behind the visor on his helmet. "Yeah...yeah...ok...you are right, sorry, I just...this place gives me the creeps. Something feels very wrong here and I want to get the hell off of this planet and back to our ship for our credits." said Nick while John moved away from the window and took a seat next to his squad mate. "Get some sleep Nick, I will keep watch." said John before he lightly patted her friend on the back.

(Nine days before touchdown, from within the city.)
"See Nick? drones, they were drones the whole time, just doing some scouting, most likely from the space station, no worries mate." John smiled lightly at his friend before motioning for Nick to follow him into the research base where they were ordered to pick up whatever documents they could from what the previous occupants were doing there. "God damn, what the hell is that smell? I can smell it through my armors bio-filter." said Nick, gripping the handle of his weapon. "Just chemicals that have gone bad, just keep moving." John turned on the light upon his helmet and shined it down a dark hall where lights flicked off and on, swaying back and forth lightly from some unseen force. "Not good, not good at all, what is causing these to move?" said Nick, flipping the switch on the bottom of his gun to enable his flame thrower.

(Eight days before touchdown, Within City.)
"Oh f**k, oh f**k, oh f**k, game over man." Nick was out of ammo and was clutching a couple grenades, glancing back and forth rapidly. "Shut up Nick, just shut up right now." John had a couple rounds left in his shotgun, moving around corners slowly and quietly. "Game over man, we are so screwed, did you see what it..." John placed a hand over Nicks mouth, and held up a finger, telling him that now, was a prime time for him to shut up and not make any sounds. The sound of something struggling to breath in a grotesque wet sounding way could be heard near by.

(Seven days before touchdown, location unknown.)
"Personal log of John, Nick is dead, he ran off into the darkness and shortly after I heard inhuman squealing coming from whatever had found him. I do not know where I am, I feel as is my mind if slipping from me with every second I spend here. I will update my current findings and condition as the day drags on."

(Six days before touchdown, location unknown.)
"Personal log of John, if anyone finds this, please let my family know that I love them, and that I am sorry. We were so wrong, we were all so very wrong, this whole mission was a death trap, they were waiting for us, watching us, always have been. I am leaving myself here to die alone in the darkness of this hell. If you come looking for me, you may not like what you find."

(Three days before touchdown, location unknown.)
"DO YOU BELIEVE DEATH IS ONLY THE BEGINNING? THEY ARE WATCHING US, FEAR NOT, FEAR NOT."
(The messages would repeat over and over again, lightly flashing upon the blood stained datapad that laid upon the ground, giving off waves of transmitted data for anyone who would listen closely enough to their transmitters.)
Last edited by Andromedai on Wed May 28, 2014 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andromedai
Summoner

Location: Azeroth...or is it the Koprulu Sector? maybe Sanctuary?
Clan: Sarghress

Postby django » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:07 am

"What do they serve on this ship anyways." Mae said as she slipped between the doors of the elevator. "I hope if they decided to give us something a little more then just K rations. Since they spoiled us with the whole ship."

When they arrived at the dinning area. It didn't appear to be anything special compared to the rest of the ship. Standard tables and benches, "Now I wonder if we got a cook on site or does the AI come with a chief mod."
Tripping out from a bad coke.

PM for Rping help
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby SoulCode » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:45 am

Reka didn't really have much on her mind as she awaited the meal. She had paused thinking about the whys and the whats and the wheres.

Why were they sent here? Why would they be given such a ship? Why did command make no sense?
What were they going to do? What was out there? What was the enemy?
Where were they? Where was the enemy? Where were the colonists?

Reka didn't have much on her mind.

The food as it turned out, was indeed prepared for them by an A.I. It looked to have been made by machines. Fake-looking design on the tray. Reka might have been seen as snobby as she took one look at the food and turned away. She went to the kiticen itself and selected her own food which she then proceeded to eat at the other end of the room alone.

---

A faint transmission beeped softly from Reka's back-pack.
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Postby Brawl97 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:25 am

Ebinoth noticed the stow away twitching and he heard the bot tell him the deal. Well, I'm here to take care of ya. Tearing yourself up is not on the menu today. he got the medical kit and pulled out a clean needle. Using his gearth to hold down the struggling Solares he found the vein in her left arm and put the needle in. The grotesque jittering seemed to die down, he sighed, used both hands to move her head to face him and looked her in her bloodshot eyes There, I gave you your medicine. Do behave now, would you.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby Andromedai » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:05 am

The body uses a mixture of electrical and chemical signals to send commands from the nervous system to and from our other systems. A taser, like the one Solares was shot with, incapacitates a person by taking control of the central nervous system momentarily. The shock caused by the weapon can cause muscle contractions and extreme pain. While coming out of the effects of being shot by a weapon of the sort, the muscles can shake and confusion will most likely follow, which is what Ebinoth had witnessed. Solares looked around, unsure of where she was and what was going on, this only lasted about twenty seconds before she pulled the blankets of the bed up and over herself, to warm her aching body and sore muscles. All that she could remember was trying to pull her datapad out of the mech she was hiding inside of, then hearing footsteps behind her. It was clear to her that she was shot by some kind of incapacitating weapon. She let her body relax and stared up and the ceiling of the ship. In a pained voice, she spoke, "How long was I out for? Where is my Datapad? Is Kyndariana near by?" she knew she was not in the best position of asking questions after what had happened, but these were the first thoughts that came to her head when she was able to talk and think straight.

On the upper deck of the ship, Kyndariana glanced down at her food and let out a sigh,"With such a technologically advanced ship, you would think they would have real food, and none of this mass produced crap. I think a visit to the AI core is in order after lunch." She picked out the parts of her food she was not interested in and quickly ate the rest, drinking quite a bit of water after every bite. "I hope this storm...." Kyndariana was cut off by the faint transmission beeping softly from Reka's back-pack. "What the hell is that, put it on the ships speakers." yelled kyndariana at the ships A.I. "At once." the message played over the ships speakers for all to hear. A small video of mercenaries first days played at the beginning of the transmission, which showed on a large screen in the dining hall. "I am unable to track down the location of the transmission Kyndariana, it will take me a couple days. I would like to remind all of you that the drones that were launched from orbit can be used to scout the city." "Theres enough of them for the crew I believe, well...minus me. I can watch the feed from the commanders room." This room was located at the top of the ship, and had a large screen that could be moved out of the way to reveal a large, viewing window of the world that laid outstretched in front of them.

Just as she finished talking, the ground beneath them started to shake, something beneath them was causing tremors in the ground. The ships A.I. Immediately took control of the ships engines and lifted it off of the ground, climbing to three hundred feet off of the ground with in seconds. "The fuck was that?" yelled Kyndariana, before the ships A.I. quickly spoke. "Large tremors coming from directly below the ship, at least a 5.7 on the richter scale, unknown lifeform was causing them. It has vanished from my radar, last scan indicated that the lifeform was quite large, forty five feet tall, thirty six feet long." "Someone go to the engineering bay and get on those drones already, I want to find out what the hell is going on down there, or at least scan the city for SOMETHING that would help us."
Last edited by Andromedai on Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andromedai
Summoner

Postby django » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:38 am

Mae took a seat at one of the many benches available with her tray of food in hand. It looked like a shepherds pie: ground beef, corn, carrots and a layer of mashed potato's ontop. Top that off with cold coke and slice of garlic bread and your eating well as far as military food goes. "We'll its fake potato shit but at least its not half bad." Mae said after she took a fork full of the stuff. "And the veg tastes like frozen vegetables brand." It was even questionable if the meat was real.

Ah military cuisine.

"Whats wrong?" Mae looked up at Kyn as she noticed someones pager or something was beeping. Suddenly it felt like dinner was on hold as the ground shook. "Holy shit is 5.7 big?"

PM for Rping help
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby SoulCode » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:39 am

The beeping was not unheard by Reka, as she made her way back to her gear Kyn decided to show everyone.
Reka watched as she walked. Something felt odd.

Like a case of deja vu.

Something about these troopers was oddly familer.

Rolled 2

So lost in thought was Reka that when the quake, or whatever it was, hit, Reka fell flat on her bum. She knocked her head against the wall but luckily it wasn't anything close to a neck snap.
Annoyingly enough, a robot that stood next to her was just fine and looked down at her.
Reka rolled her eyes but in doing so saw her datapad on the ground along with the name of the sender.

John Rodgers RS49

R S 4 9 Reka's former squad was Recon Squad 4 she was unit number 7 R S 47

Rea grabbed the pad and stared.
Stared hard.
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Postby Brawl97 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:05 am

Solares stopped with all the convulsions and as quickly as she stopped doing one strange thing she went to asking him questions. He saw she was still in a bit of soreness so he gripped her arm tightly, trying to agitate the sore muscles So you do talk. he said with a smile on his face in order, a few minutes, kyn has your tech and she's upstairs. holding her even tighter he said My turn, why are on this ship, what's so special about your tech and why do you need the boss?
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby Andromedai » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:17 am

The drone standing next to Reka glanced down at her. It outstretched an arm and offered to help Reka to her feet. "Ma'am, are you alright?" it said, waiting and watching Reka closely. "I am fully programmed in first aid if you require it." While the drone was offering its assistance to Reka, Kyndariana quickly walked into the kitchen to have a "talk" with whatever or whoever was making their food. It turned out that the ships A.I. was not making the food, it was...to no ones surprise, a drone. Without missing a beat, Kyndariana raised her pistol and shot the drone in the head. The sound of the shot echoed in the kitchen, causing her ears to ring and most likely making everyone in the dining area of the ship jump. Colorful language followed by threats and demands would follow the shot as she yelled at the other Drone that was programmed to cook. "Nothing more than a month old, nothing mass produced like that MRE shit. Dinner tonight was not even fit for a dog to eat. We want fresh food, I know its in your programming to cook for officers and higher rank so do it fucking right."

Kyndariana walked back out of the kitchen spoke, "I would like to apologize for the shitty meal tonight and for that gunshot. From here on out, we will be eating real food, none of that mess hall shit. Now since it seems I am the only one that is interested in taking control of a drone..." Kyndariana was unable to finish her sentence, the ships A.I. spoke up and quickly cut her off. "Drones are offline Major, the quake must have caused some sort of interference." Kyndariana let out a soft sigh. "The storm has passed, so we should be able to travel by ground now." "Correct, the storm has left the area and will not be coming back. You have six hours until sunset, I very highly advise being back in the ship and at this altitude before nightfall." That was all Kyndariana needed to hear, "Ok then, everyone pack up your gear and deployment room." She turned to face Reka, "If you are tired Reka, you know you are allowed to rest, I want my soldiers in their top condition. What the hell are you looking at anyway?"

Solares winced as Ebinoth caused her aching muscles even more pain from agitating them. "Ever heard of chivalry? or the way you are supposed to treat prisoners? You know, respectfully and non-abusively. These rules apply even more so to females." She turned her head and stared into his eyes once more, "Probably never heard of any of that. Now would you kindly let go of my arm so I can think straight and not have my mind clouded by pain? If its not to much to ask I mean." her eyes narrowed slightly at Ebinoth. Right when she was done speaking, a medical drone walked into the room and in the doorway, looking at the two of them. "The ships A.I. Informed me to tend to the rest of this woman's wounds. You on the other hand..." it pointed at Ebinoth, "Have been ordered to join Kyndariana in the deployment room with your gear, ready to go. The rest of the squad will be joining you shortly." Unlike the other drones, the medical drone had a soft, calming, and reassuring female voice that was made to try and calm its patients.

The deployment room was next to the armory. It held weapons, suits of armor, and almost anything a person could need for a very large number of missions. There was also a row of seats and a large screen that hung in front of them, used for briefing troops.
Andromedai
Summoner

Postby django » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:22 am

"Waoh." Mae exclaimed as Kyn shot the drone in the head from the kitchen. Drawing her pistol from the back of her belt and ducked behind a table. For what ever meager cover it could provide. "Kyn, what the fuck. You scared the shit out of me." And Kyn's answer didn't lift Mae's frowny face as she slipped her gun back into her holster.

"We don't really want to travel in this kind of weather do we? What if a build collapses on us? We don't exactly have search and rescue around to help us."

PM for Rping help
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby SoulCode » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:04 pm

"What are you looking at?" came the question, a simple question yet it took Reka a moment to respond.
Reka simply looked to Kyn.
"..." it was a quiet response, but then again coming from Reka, it counted as one.
Reka practically vanished from the room, not needing to hear the order to move out.

Reka made turned several corners, making way for the nearest exit by following the signs. She normally was never this driven. Normally calm and so very passive, she'd have never moved without her comrades first.

Comrades the word echoed in her mind.

They had a mission to do. It was high time they did it is what Reka felt.

Round the last corner a droid blocked her path. It was a battle mech and outfitted as such.
Reka glared at the machine. Had it been flesh and bone it might have even flinched.

"Corporal Reka you are not yet cleared for sur-"
"Move." Reka spoke, Reka. Spoke.
"-face exploration. Once commanding officer Ky-"

Roll 17

"Command execution 0-RS4 Command Override."
For a moment it was hard to tell who had said that. Reka had despite being so many words. So uncaring and flat in tone it might has well come from a machine.
The droid obeyed the line of code embedded deep within its core programming and went still. It was a old line of code that newer tech did not follow, she had been lucky the droid was an older model. At the moment however, she could care less.

"Let me pass." said the shell of what had once been Reka
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Postby Brawl97 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:20 am

Chivalry? nope, never heard of it. What I hear is the moaning of a stowaway, a prisoner that is getting between me and my food. he said pulling her closer, starring deeply into her eyes If you were not one of ours this little chat would be even less nice. I don't take kindly to spies. The drone came into the room and told him Kyn's orders. With a smile Ebinoth let go of Solares and turned to the machine Oh, marvelous news! Marching orders at last! he grabbed his new shotgun and left the room. Stopping for a moment he turned and poked his head back through the doorway Do stay out of trouble my dear he said to Solares This conversation was so fun it would be such a shame for me to kill you.

He got upstairs and found his squad Hey people I'm back, the lady you zapped is awake again talking boss. What's the word? he asked before receiving his orders Alright then, Time to begin hoofing it towards whatever is down here. I am already packed and ready boss.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby Andromedai » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:29 am

"Command execution 0-RS4 Command Override." the message flashed up on Kyndarianas hud repeatedly. "What the hell is going on Reka?" she asked through the microphone built into her armor. The drone would respond with in a second of her asking the question. "RS4.7 has attempted to leave ship without clearance or proper unit of transportation. Safety procedures prohibit such actions aboard the ship, putting all of crew including herself in danger. Permission to apprehend suspect and escort to your position?" Kyndariana let out a heavy sigh, "Negative, do not apprehend, but do not let her outside. Now Reka, I have no idea what you are thinking but the city is over fifteen miles away. The storm could change its position, there could be another quake, or you could be attacked by whatever the ships sensors picked up that was moving below us. Most importantly, did you forget we are three hundred feet off the ground? that would be a short trip to your death, and I will not allow that. Please report to the armory so we can get started, ok?"

Right when she finished talking and closed her microphone, Ebinoth entered the room, informing her that Solares had awoken and was communicating. "What did she say..." Kyndariana stopped herself and shook her head back and forth lightly a couple of times, "Nevermind, head to the shuttle and take a seat, and don't jump out of the ship like Reka was about to do, ok? You planning to bring something else besides a shotgun with yourself?" She turned to Mae and lightly patted her friend on her left shoulder, "Don't worry Mae, the odds of the storm moving back to this area are very very small. As for buildings falling on top of us, keep in mind that these were built as the foundation of a planetary settlement. It would take large weapons or very large quakes to bring them down. So as I said, do not worry about these things, unless they happen. I want everyone to be ready for anything we may find down there." She turned and walked into the shuttle, taking her seat and strapping herself in.
Andromedai
Summoner

Postby django » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:40 am

"I don't know." Mae shrugged as she started to shovel down as much of the mer ration down as she could without choking. Being on a quick response team gave her lots of practice.

And without much of word to Kyn. Mae hurried back to room where her suit and equipment was prepped and waiting for her. She was the SAW woman of this crew and carried her Varg PP 90, with high capacity drum magazine and red dot laser sight. It was a simple killing machine.

With a heavy pack on her shoulders and her full helmet on. She made her way to the shuttle.

PM for Rping help
django
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay