Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Pitdragon's random bits: Flowers and Rags

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Freya likes piggyback rides

Postby Pitdragon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:39 pm

Freya: Oh, wait until you see my dollies!

Servant: ... ok, I think we need to set some boundaries here... *whisper to self* Eyes forward, ignore the pout!
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Of Baby Dragons

Postby Pitdragon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:50 am

Cuteness overload time. Courtesy of this news comments section.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Holy Crist that dragon reminds me of my old dog! :D It so cute.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby SoulCode » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:10 am

stress goes bye-bye
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Pitdragon » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:25 am

django wrote:Holy Crist that dragon reminds me of my old dog! :D It so cute.

Was really going for the puppy look. I thought back on my old family Lab when she was a pup for that face. It brought back some feels. *sniffle*

SoulCode wrote:stress goes bye-bye

Henceforth, everyone gets a mini-version of their clan pet as a stress relief!
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Vanir babysitting

Postby Pitdragon » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:09 am

Even with both of them watching her, how long do you think it'll be before she wanders off again, to return with more outsiders? I'd say, regardless of the scary stuff she saw, she's been bitten by the wandering bug.

Not sure if Freyr can enforce the second command. He's talking to a sneaky type. The first might be obeyed, unless they all see Chiri again. Then all bets are off. }:3

What, the thought was cute to me. Maybe he likes commanding ladies?
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Sisters

Postby Pitdragon » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:00 pm

Everyone's favorite longest-lasting protector twins. I thought about the "Sisters" song from White Christmas at one point while drawing this, though the lyrics really make me think of a funny setup between Chrys and Shinae (the latter having to always keep the eye on the other, as well as being stuck at home when guys come around).
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Sarghress Smiths

Postby Pitdragon » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:35 am

Sorry it's been so long. I've had ideas, but lacked... motivation and ability I guess?

I had a few ideas for Sepa'susi that failed on paper. I watched some blacksmithing videos to help with ideas, everything from basic forging of nails to Damascus Steel making (though most of those were with modern equipment to slam those layers together). I still would like a cool shot of her slamming a hammer down on a hot bar, sparks flying, but I'll have to keep trying.

Instead, I had her showing apprentices the old way of grinding a blade so they would understand both the whys and hows, and that if they try to force other apprentices to pedal the grinding wheel while they worked on a blade then they'd face this as punishment! You don't want to piss off ol' Limper in her forge.

Sadly, there are few videos of blade grinding that aren't modern electric grinding wheels. I found just a few of people filing knives so I had to make some guesses from there. Though I do wonder if it would be better for her to balance the blade on her leg as opposed to this positioning. She'd tear the hell out of her knuckles.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Sarghress Smiths

Postby Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:03 am

Well it usually depends on the individual blade and what style of blade you're making they all require different techniques. For the blade I'm seeing being worked on looks to be a particular blade. Interesting none the less.
Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo
Vel'akar

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Chillin' with a movie

Postby Pitdragon » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:18 pm

THINGS ARE TOO SAD, TIME FOR SOMETHING CUTE:

I was gonna have him asleep too but it seemed cuter this way.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Makin' more peeps

Postby Pitdragon » Mon May 13, 2013 5:31 am

Practicing various things, I decided to use the character-sheet style Kern is doing of late to make a few guys (though I didn't do back views. I started to with one but didn't feel like inking boring clothing folds. If I had interesting backs to these outfits or hairstyles I might have forced myself). They're rather big and won't show up on the forums well, so just links with a few extra comments.

Raidin' Ur Manz

As Alric noted in the comments, there is a definite Cossack Ukrainian theme with this guy. I actually started writing up a whole culture for the Voisk, something not quite Black-Sun-y but still doing the "nab shit from your neighbors, trade the slaves to the biggest city nearby" kind of thing at times. Though of late they're probably dealing with the Hermionnes more and more, and whatever big city near them that I'm arsed to even create probably leaves it to them to protect their Surface resources, so they've been, ah, the Drow equivalent of "gentrified" to their neighbors. Barely. Also figured the group would have an uneven birthrate, with more males being born and females that are fairly gifted in mana arts, with slightly higher occurrences of High Sorceries, and of course females get to be summoners. So if a guy isn't lucky enough to have a job under mom's position/profession (these can be limited) or in a female's harem (same issue) he's off to become a raider and soldier*. Sticking with the other guys, doing the manly thing like fighting, taking the loser's shit, and then dancing drunkenly later. Seriously, they LOVE to dance, and love most performance arts. If they're in Chel, they'd hit the theater or some other such place faster than a brothel. I just like that quirk too much to part with it.

*Do not mistake males in soldier rolls as a sign the females are weak - females are combat-trained as well. When a major conflict is not happening, females handle/oversee other duties, and so males are left to raid and guard. The males even brag that their women are so tough they only bring them forth for worthy opponents. If you're ever in one of their encampments during a sleep cycle, you could catch one having a nightmare about the result of angering his mother, so perhaps there is truth to that.

A Snark in the Dark

Going from an earlier doodle, did a character sheet and named a personal-character adaptation into a Vanir elf. Not likely possible in canon, kinda don't care. I just wanted to draw more poking at poor Freyr and getting wrapped around Freyja's little finger. And, of course, practice.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Kyorl's New Ill'haress (parody)

Postby Pitdragon » Tue May 14, 2013 12:29 pm

I'm so sorry.

Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Max_black0 » Tue May 14, 2013 1:00 pm

Don't be sorry. I was thinking of way crazier people for the kyorl.

Syphile for example. Hey she was priestess in one version...
Then theres shannal. In a dresss. Mwa ha ha!
Max_black0
Vel'akar

Postby partner555 » Tue May 14, 2013 1:05 pm

Is that Valla in the last panel?
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Pitdragon » Tue May 14, 2013 1:12 pm

partner555 wrote:Is that Valla in the last panel?

Chiri.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Fanfics and Fanart