DT RPG: 2012 timeskip contest! (And results!)

Re: DT RPG: 2012 timeskip contest!

Postby Eltharrion » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:28 am

blackshade10 wrote:Last I checked, you could still make your own clan. The thing is, being an "official" clan, also kind of denotes your clan being more powerful and more influential.

There's lots of tiny clans. So, I've been led to believe you could make a tiny clan of 40~ people(random small number).

Heh, that would mean my clan (or wait, maybe it should rather be called "a faction") could be used in more minor degree as a base for characters... I like this already.

DeadPigeonGolem wrote:On a separate note: How was everyone's writing experience? Did you approach this methodically or did it spring from an "Eureka! Moment"?

I'd say I went more with B, as my whole idea was re-formed old entry I made for fanfic I was writing from Drowtales (no, not publishing it: it's only few pages done and really bad one).

...Oh, on other note, I don't think I've even published my entry for the contest... Well, anyone who wants to read it can go right ahead.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Crilltic » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:45 am

My idea bunnies only managed to produce one Idea, so I just ran with the Idea of a Ninja clan from a distant city, but I pretty much just winged it because i found out about the contest so late, But I'm happy because my clan is easily downscaled to a smaller size, I mean how many refugees can there possible be after 100+ years on the surface *lol*
Crilltic
Summoner

Clan: Sharen

Postby Thalar » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Crilltic wrote:don't know if this has been asked yet, but when will the winner be announced, just curiuos

So much awesome has been sent my way! I'm really happy to see such a great turnout :) I hope to get the judging done this weekend, but I won't make any promises as I hear rumors of family gatherings in the background, and I won't be doing the judging alone :)

DeadPigeonGolem wrote:Er, we CAN play as a non-official clan, right? As long as it's not grotesquely overpowered for the world setting and Thalar okays it?

Minor clans, or more appropriately guilds or families, are possible. But as opposed to an official clan, the non-official ones can't have any influence on the city's politics, happenings, etc. Their impact must be minimal or nonexistent. Because we can't change the setting's past or present every time someone invents a new group to enjoy :)
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Crilltic » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:22 pm

Thalar wrote:
Minor clans, or more appropriately guilds or families, are possible. But as opposed to an official clan, the non-official ones can't have any influence on the city's politics, happenings, etc. Their impact must be minimal or nonexistent. Because we can't change the setting's past or present every time someone invents a new group to enjoy

What if we say no one found out they did something :P
Crilltic
Summoner

Postby Eltharrion » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Crilltic wrote:
Thalar wrote:
Minor clans, or more appropriately guilds or families, are possible. But as opposed to an official clan, the non-official ones can't have any influence on the city's politics, happenings, etc. Their impact must be minimal or nonexistent. Because we can't change the setting's past or present every time someone invents a new group to enjoy

What if we say no one found out they did something :P

Sadly, they'd still done something, and while nobody knew, it'd still have some effect on the surroundings and thus should be monitored and prevented to some degree. Of course, I think it's okay to cause effect on scale of "robbing one or two commoner's money" without even worrying if it's bad influence. On other hand, "stealing lifelong savings from large house's main vault" is something that shouldn't be done unless our GMs here first allow it to be canon.
Just 'cause nobody hears a tree fall down doesn't mean nothing gets crushed under it. ^^;

...Truth to be told, I'm already waiting for this to be over so that timeskip can occur and I can add some nice stuff to my current one character... That, and hopefully it will kick this whole RP thread up.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Junglefowl26 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:01 pm

Sorry if this nagging...but....any progress yet?
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Eltharrion » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:28 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:Sorry if this nagging...but....any progress yet?

THANK YOU for making that question. I've been itching to make it for days now, but always felt I shouldn't.
Now that somebody else has made it, I can feel okay with commenting on the question itself instead of nagging and asking it personally. ^^
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Hopefully after this, they can also get around to the Res. Those guys have been waiting for a while now.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Crilltic » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:40 am

django wrote:
Hopefully after this, they can also get around to the Res. Those guys have been waiting for a while now.

Yeah Just'alci is getting bored, she let Suka take her to the only bar that will still serve them in the Vlozzies district, hopefully no one tries to hit on Suka or they won't be coming back to that bar, or any in that half of Chel :)
Crilltic
Summoner

Postby Thalar » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:56 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:Sorry if this nagging...but....any progress yet?

Not nagging, totally understandable. Summer vacation was going to be an awesome low pressure time where I could do all sorts of great stuff.. and then shit happened. I will finish this on Thursday, and after that I will temporarily lock down the registration thread in preparation for the post-timeskip setting. And one of my review assistants is taking care of the registration thread right now :)
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Thalar » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:12 am

And the results are in! It's still Thursday somewhere in the world, right?
A big thanks to Runes and Pariel for taking the time to co-judge the contest!

The winner of the DT RPG 2012 timeskip contest is:

Ailee’khevlani clan by Sionyx!

In second place, an excellent runner-up: Deme'dichi clan by DeadPigeonGolem!
And in third place, another deserving entry: Aqrab’Akkar clan by Junglefowl26!

All the location entries were related to clan-entries, so the Ailee'khevlani Clan Fortress and Compound by Sionyx is the clear winner there, with the Vir'reska Shrine of the Frozen Dragon by Kail'odian in second place.

For the event entries:
1. The Bazaar Riots (Pitdragon)
2. The Second Demon Invasion (blackshade10) (minus the Deme'dichi portion)
3. Vir'reska Expansion (Kail’odian)

I would like to extend my gratitude to all the participants; it was a pleasure to have so many entries to judge among and I only regret that we couldn't choose even more winners!

As a small bandaid, as we got so many excellent entries I would like to add edited entries of Deme'dichi and Aqrab'akkar to the DT rpg as well, provided their creators agree to the proposed edits. For the two it concerns: please drop me a PM when you have a moment, if you think you might agree to an edit of your work :)
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Re: DT RPG: 2012 timeskip contest! (And results!)

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:48 am

Woo! Congratulations to Sionyx! As it turns out, I am an excellent fortune teller. :D
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby La'karma » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:34 am

Congrads to Sionyx!
I am excited and eagerly awaiting the chance to discovering these clans, events, and location when everything gets up!
La'karma
Summoner

Postby Junglefowl26 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:46 am

Grats to Sionyx! Woot!

And also grats to Pitdragon for winning the event entry and all the second and third place winners as well!

And if I may be an egotist for a moment - third place, super sweet! And yes, I would be more than willing to allow some changes to my clan entry if it gets to be in the rpg...heck, I meant for it to have more peer review anyway, I just never got around to it.

It's still Thursday somewhere in the world, right?

It is Thursday for me.

Summer vacation was going to be an awesome low pressure time where I could do all sorts of great stuff.. and then shit happened.

I totally understand, the exact same thing happened to me.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:57 am

Basically, it's a law of the universe. If you have free time, it will be consumed by shit hitting the fan.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay