A place for dead or inactive threads. May they rest in peace.

DT RPG: 2012 timeskip contest! (And results!)

Re: DT RPG: 2012 timeskip contest!

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:47 pm

Nice entry Hetros, though I feel the need to point out that the sightless can use magic too, just not as well. I think your entry would strengthened with more ties to Raveran in particular.

Funny thing I was also thinking of using a kirisu biting its own tail for the symbol of my clan entry before settling on a scorpion theme. Funny coincidence, huh?

Can we submit to multiple categories?

I was under the impression that a submission had to have all three parts... *eek* *doh*
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:41 am

LolWUT?!

CONCERN. CONCERN. CONCERRRRRRRRRRRRN.

----

NO WAIT IT'S OKAY.

Thalar wrote:The timeskip contest will have three separate categories.

So no, entries need only be in ONE category.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Thalar » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:18 pm

DeadPigeonGolem wrote:1. Rephrase: Can we submit more than one entry in each category? Can we submit to multiple categories?

2. What would be the appropriate term for the leader of of a Raveran based clan?

1. Yes and yes.
2. Illhar. That is the generic term for the leader of a non-great clan :)
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Thalar » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:19 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:I was under the impression that a submission had to have all three parts... *eek* *doh*

It doesn't have to, but it makes sense to submit for all three if one can, as a clan would have a location and perhaps related events. It's fine to only submit to one category, too :)
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Thalar » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:18 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:Nice entry Hetros, though I feel the need to point out that the sightless can use magic too, just not as well.

I was mulling over this for a bit, because it didn't seem right, and decided to go to the source itself. Sightless cannot use mana arts. If it says otherwise anywhere in here, please let me know so I can correct it.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:19 pm

It doesn't have to, but it makes sense to submit for all three if one can, as a clan would have a location and perhaps related events. It's fine to only submit to one category, too

Ah, ok then.

If I submit to all three, is there a possibility to win in one category in not in others, or do they have to pass together?

I was mulling over this for a bit, because it didn't seem right, and decided to go to the source itself. Sightless cannot use mana arts. If it says otherwise anywhere in here, please let me know so I can correct it.

Well, the audiobooks are canon and in Feast of the Blind a sightless known as the Spirit Eater used some anti-summon ability that is presumably magic, though I guess you could argue it is an innate ability and not an art.

And there is that scourge with the face changing mask - doesn't he use shadow magic to sneak up on the Kyrol? And considering how elves look down on goblins, how would a sightless get such a rank without being able to use magic.

But I guess if the source says otherwise, then I am mistaken.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Crilltic » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:52 am

Crap, I want to join but now i only have nine days *omfg* , cramming here I come, yeah

Edit: Here is my preliminary Idea any feedback is welcome

Link: http://forums.drowtales.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16663
Last edited by Crilltic on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crilltic
Summoner

Clan: Sharen

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:55 am

Do an event or location entry, they should only take five days (one brainstorming, two execution, two proofreading).
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Pariel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Are dokkalfar allowed this time, unlike the last one?
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Thalar » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:33 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:If I submit to all three, is there a possibility to win in one category in not in others, or do they have to pass together?

That depends - if you submit a Clan, a Location (the clan's home), and an Event (something that the clan did in Raveran), but the Clan doesn't win, then it doesn't make much sense for the Location and Event to be included, unless they can be edited to not involve the Clan. It'll be looked at on a case by case basis :)

Junglefowl26 wrote:

Well, the audiobooks are canon and in Feast of the Blind a sightless known as the Spirit Eater used some anti-summon ability that is presumably magic, though I guess you could argue it is an innate ability and not an art.

And there is that scourge with the face changing mask - doesn't he use shadow magic to sneak up on the Kyrol? And considering how elves look down on goblins, how would a sightless get such a rank without being able to use magic.

But I guess if the source says otherwise, then I am mistaken.

You'd have to ask Kern to be sure (and I may), but I would guess the xuile'solen have some innate abilities that don't count as mana arts. It could simply be that unspecified "anti-magic" ability that we don't know much about. Summons are just ether, after all.

As for the standing of a sightless in drow society - they are still far above the goblins. They're still fae, and they are the offspring of drow. As far as I know the xuile'solen in that chapter just snuck up on the drowussu, without aid of magic.

Pariel wrote:Are dokkalfar allowed this time, unlike the last one?

Where would they come from? My initial response to that is: No, unless you have a damned good reason for including one.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Thalar » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:40 pm

Good luck, everyone! Just a few more days left now :D

Remember to PM me with a link to your entry/entries before the deadline! Please make the PM topic "DT RPG 2012 timeskip entry" or something similar so I can easily find it, otherwise you risk being overlooked *omfg*

I'm looking forward to reading all your entries *wee*
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Crilltic » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:04 am

don't know if this has been asked yet, but when will the winner be announced, just curiuos
Crilltic
Summoner

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:50 am

Less than twenty four hours left!! Good luck everybody!
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Sionyx » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:45 pm

Got mine submitted a bit ahead of the deadline...whew! Now I can let myself read the other entries. Good luck, all!
Sionyx
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:04 pm

I would just like to say that I have personally decided to play as a member of at least one of the clans that have been entered. All of these are incredibly awesome; it would be a horrendous shame if any of these entries fell by the way side.

WHO WILL JOIN ME?!!
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Threads