Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Mini Fanfic - A Nuqrah story

Mini Fanfic - A Nuqrah story

Postby La'karma » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:51 pm

Inspired by Chapter 31 & 32.
Created spur of the moment.
-Please be aware that my grammar sucks and my spelling ain't that great-

There were bound to be moments of unease, she could understood those. Transitions and changes rarely bring calm and order. Perhaps, it would have come with time. Perhaps they should have never been kept out, but over confident and almost arrogantly Fa'shi had believed that the chaos would never touch her world. That it would never reach her, her friends, her home. A foolish fantasy that has definitely been shattered now. In the distance she heard it. The many mouths, hands and voices of the ugly monster that had invade her home. Their screams, shouts, and rage saturated the air, polluting her lungs with fear. The clogging scent of burnt flesh and blood clung to her bring tears to her eyes, clouding a mind that is already foggy from panic and fear.

Death was all the foreigners brought to her city. Chaos is all they seek and had brought to her world. Now all she can do is seek an escape from the monster, the armed and raging monster. She had to stay ahead, to keep her head from it's grasp. Fa'shi ducked and weaved, running through the streets she knew so well. Determined not to die because of her own arrogance and their anger. Ignoring the heavy treed of feet, the screams, pants and screeches of those who fought around her, narrowing her focus on living.

She only could feel the jarring of her feet against smooth stone streets and her labored breath. While her ears were filled with screams and chants of monster that left nothing of her world in their trail. Nothing was left that they had not taken. No friends were around or alive to aid her. No refuge had been left for her here. All was gone, burn and killed at their hands. They had taken so much from her. So much they needed to pay for. She would find those who had brought such chaos to her city. She would destroy the monster. She ran to live. She ran to fight.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

"The-they were terrible. They are terrible. A-a terrible monster, a nether beast devouring. Those mere beast..should be des- just wiped out, purged from our cit-OW!"
Fa'shi glared down at the kneeling form of her cousin, who in turn was glaring up at her. Jun'ya gave her sister another harsh pinch on the leg, before standing to her full height then walking away with her blood stained tattered clothes. Moments passed in silence, allowing the soft trickle from thee courtyard fountain below to fill the space. It was so peaceful, calm and almost normal that for a moment Fa'shi felt adrift. Somewhere in the city some one was probably carving up, feeding upon the body of her friend, her head dangling from a rioters fist. Eyes wide open in death filled with the same shock and pain as her when she had last breathed. So painfully clear on a face that was so lifeless. Dead. She was dead.
Fa'shi threw up.
"I am going to hope that when I turn around, I won't find whatever made the ghastly sound on my couch." Jun'ya said dully, dumping the ruin clothes into her slave's out reaching arms.
"No..nope, I did it out the window..."
"Oh great...," Jun'ya muttered and sighed. Another passing silence and then Fa'shi felt the couch move. Turning for the view of the courtyard to her cousin, she saw her face was pinched and drawn.
"You've been through a lot," she started ringing her hands. "However I can assure you, at least a little that there is action being taken. You are safe now."
"Safe...Act- Action! You call what our grand matron is doing action!" Fa'shi shouted
"Fa'shi, lower your voice."
"...I'm sorry...but she isn't...We are...They aren't paying! Jun'ya they killed her. For no other reason than for being with me! They can't be allowed to do that! We can't let them take this city...Our Illhar'ess is, I want it to..but, But it won't work! We ca-can't...wo-w-w...I won't forgive them!"
Fa'shi could no longer see her cousin, but she didn't need to. As she was brought into the folds of her cousin's strong arms, she could feel the tension running through her tightened muscles. Closing her eyes, she tired to hear the steady beat of cousin's heart, only to have the terrible screaming and shouts fill her ears again.
La'karma
Summoner

Re: Mini Fanfic - A Nuqrah story

Postby La'karma » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:00 pm

I wrote more. *heehee*

Character info:

Name: Fa'shi Val'Illhar'dro
Place of Birth: Nuqrah'shareh
Current Residence: Illhar'dro Palace (Nuqrah)
Skills:
Spellsong
Skipping out on work
Hanging with friends
Pranks

Name: Jun'ya Val'Illhar'dro
Place of Birth: Raveran
Current Residence: Illhar'dro Palace (Nuqrah)
Skills:
Light sorcery
Lute playing

Name: -------- (unnamed friend)
Place of Birth: Nuqrah'shareh
Current Status: -Deceased-
La'karma
Summoner

Re: Mini Fanfic - A Nuqrah story

Postby Whispering shadows » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:26 am

not bad!
Whispering shadows
Vel'akar

Location: In the deepest, darkest, depths of an forgotten crypt. Alone. Forever.

Return to Fanfics and Fanart