Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussuloth: Spidersilk Stands (Public).

Re: Chel'el'sussuloth: Spidersilk Stands (Public).

Postby Pariel » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:29 pm

((no, shadow sorcery cannot animate stuff, and what waes does is out of the power scale for the ffrpg. I'd ask for you to adjust to a golem toy merely animated by mana. That much is acceptable... He is a rich kid after all.))
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Zenzetra » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:16 am

(((I fixed it. n/n;)))

Napheto returned Nin's grin and was about to reply when Ny's laughter interjected the air between them.

"Ah! What a little treasure! Is it yours, boy," she questioned. Napheto bit his lip and approached Ny with a diminutive step to watch what she was doing with the 'toy'. "Y-yes, I," he began awkwardly. Then Nin leaned in to commend his bravery, "..coming this close to Shamshayid without shaking like a baby rattle".

The mechanized legs of the spider kicked around in the air in Ny's grasp. Napheto gathered his thoughts and conveyed, "It would be insulting to shake in front of someone, and y-yes that is mine". As he finished he scratched his dishevelled hair with a tinge of abashment.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Pariel » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:05 am

"Lady Cherrai, spidersilk is actually one of our best commodities. Neglecting the logistics and sources of income of our clan can only hurt us in the long run." She chastised, eyes staring sharply at the other Beldrobbaen. And then, a sound, and a children's toy. It didn't take long to find its owner. A male kid, which seemed young enough to not have developed the disgusting habits of males, somehow was there. Said kid had the trademark sorcery of our clan.

Shamsha's eyes rolled back in her orbits, as her visage displayed a frown. What had she done to deserve this? This wasn't her squad. She didn't want to be the center of attention. But somehow she felt she was. A faint maternal instinct struggled inside, only to be quashed down by the uneasiness she was feeling with two foreigner clan females and one ditz from her own clan. Her stare shifted to the little kid, her eyes piercing the youngster like daggers.

"Kids your age are not allowed to go out alone." She said.Not even the male ones. She added inwardly. "Where is your caretaker? She or He is obviously neglecting duty." She sentenced.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Zenzetra » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:15 am

Shamshayid's presence was nearly tangible; Napheto inhaled deeply while constructing his response, "M-my guardian is nearby.. He is the gr-," he paused once he realized what he was saying and then continued with a forced, confidant attitude, "..Greatest.. children's guardian".
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby AddictedToTheKnife » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:15 pm

"Oh, come now, the boy isn't an infant," Ny said lightly, speaking from a childhood that had taken place with looser restrictions and safer streets. "It will be a sad day indeed when a child can't slip away for a few cycles every now and again."

She offered the wooden toy for Napheto to take back. "Precious work. You ought to be more careful with it."
AddictedToTheKnife
Tainted

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Zenzetra » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:57 pm

Napheto reclaimed the spider golem with a smile and a polite, "Thank you". He then tilted his head back to Shamshayid and addressed her with his unusually mature tone, "Worry not, Lady Shamshayid, My guardian knows I like to keep to myself so he is watching me from afar".

As the boy spoke those words his inner-thoughts berated him for lying on so many levels, but he continued smiling while assuring himself that none of the present Bells seemed to know whom he was anyway. He felt safe for the time being.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby Pariel » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:34 pm

Shamshayid's fist clenched tightly, as her gaze gained in intensity as she switched targets. "Curb your tongue, Illhar'dro. Even if he were adult, no one is safe these days." She snapped, not leaving her stare even once. "They also said Orthorbbae was safe, that the -tainting- was safe. And my daughter hasn't spoken a word ever since the accident eight years ago." Her frown was made patent. "But of course, what would you know about that? Do I need to mention how much your eyes betray your carelessness?"

It was then who then addressed the kid, sizing him up and down. "Cheeky male, aren't you? That, or your guardian is extremely confident." She said, an icy grin spreading across her face. Her arms reached for her weapon, firm and confident.

I'm sick of this troupe of buffoons. I wanted an effortless patrol. Minding my own business. I'm not in the mood to be berated by a tainted floozy, an airheaded youth, and a male kid who doesn't know how to respect their betters. She thought, as the two handed sword made the swing for the boy's head, without the slightlest ounce of hesitation.

"Call your caretaker. I'd like a few words with him or her." She said as the blade stopped short of touching the brat. "If this was a real foe, or one of our enemies you'd be dead by now."
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby AddictedToTheKnife » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:25 am

Pariel wrote:Shamshayid's fist clenched tightly, as her gaze gained in intensity as she switched targets. "Curb your tongue, Illhar'dro. Even if he were adult, no one is safe these days." She snapped, not leaving her stare even once. "They also said Orthorbbae was safe, that the -tainting- was safe. And my daughter hasn't spoken a word ever since the accident eight years ago." Her frown was made patent. "But of course, what would you know about that? Do I need to mention how much your eyes betray your carelessness?"

"You do not know what you speak of, Lady Shamshayid, so I would thank you not to speculate about my past." Ny returned sharply, eyes narrowing behind her black veil. "My condolences that your daughter was harmed by this Sharen folly, but I do not think much of your Chelian Vals if not even your marketplaces are safe!
AddictedToTheKnife
Tainted

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Zenzetra » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:27 am

"Cheeky male, aren't you? That, or your guardian is extremely confident," Napheto's eyes widened as Shamshayid drove her blade on a course straight for his neck. When she stopped, the rushing wind in the boy's ear echoed through his mind and his eyes glazed over. He was reminded of his peers; though there were not many Beldrobbaen his age none of the others trusted him because of the rumours surrounding his birth.

"None of those children have ever shown such conviction," Napheto concluded within his mind, "They may talk behind my back but none of them would be so bold as to threaten my life". Shocked and dazed he gazed back at Shamshayid's intense visage with a mixed feeling of adoration and spite.

The young boy snapped back into reality as the colour returned to his eyes and his aura grew darker. A few tears spontaneously escaped while Shamshayid spoke more on the matter at hand, "Call your caretaker. I'd like a few words with him or her. If this was a real foe, or one of our enemies you'd be dead by now".

Napheto recalled the dwarf he met at the slave market; he had said nearly the same thing. The boy finally asserted, "Is this r-really the face of a widely renowned Beldrobbaen? I had heard you hated men b-but this might be taking it a little too far". His voice shook lightly; he could be seen trembling just beneath the shadows he had pulled around his body, though it was only slightly noticeable.

"That aside," Young Napheto went on, "My guardian would know not to worry about me being killed by my own kind. You are probably just making him nervous," he seemed to regain his composure ever so slightly.
Last edited by Zenzetra on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby django » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:47 am

Nin was shocked on how far Shamshayid took this issue. She understood and agreed with her on some things but this went too far.

Nin pulled Napheto back gently. She was a mother herself and saw he was rightfully upset under that shadow he hid under "That enough Shamshayid, you proved your point but you need not pull your blade like that on the boy."

She bent down to Napheto level "Look at me child. There your ok." she cooed as clear his tears. "That was very rude of her to do that to you. But there are people in Chel who would take you or hold you for ransom. Nobody wants that, what good do for the clan, hmmm? Come now, no more tears big man, lets get you out of here. You've been through enough."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Pariel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:03 am

"Why do you think I am outside the fortress, Illhar'dro? Surely it's not because the view." Shamsayid snapped back with a quip, her eyes still dead set on Napheto. "People are growing bolder and bolder against the Vals these days. Think what you must. I've got a clan safety to answer for, unlike others."

Her eyes shifted so slightly to the other beldrobbaen, bent on coddling the children. Amateur. Sometimes one needed to give the fist. "I will decide when it's enough, Lady Cherrai. And for your information..." She paused as she swung her blade back in her guard position. "I'm going easy on the brat. Had he been an adult, I'd have smashed his ribs with my plated fist until he spat blood and said he was sorry.Are we clear? The clan cannot afford leniency."

She then begun to walk, her back turned to the kid finally. "So be it you, and your lies, kid. If there was a caretaker around, he would have jumped in and identify himself, lest the situation would be worse. Hence, I will punish your caretaker in your place because he has failed to keep you in check and keep your insolence in check, not to mention not obeying your elders. Congratulations, kid, your caretaker's next hours will be made miserable, I assure you. Because I'll find who you are." She casted a last side glance to the kid as she resumed her patrol.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Zenzetra » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:27 am

It was very clear to Napheto that Shamshayid was unlike others within their clan. It could be because she didn't know who he was, but the boy wanted to believe she held everyone with the same convictions. At the very least it was a far cry from the usual torment of being called a "cursed child".

Nin comforted Napheto while he regained the rest of his composure. Once he felt confidant again he pulled away from her and smiled wide, "Thank you for giving me support, Mi'lady. Do not think of me being ungrateful, but I have to see this through," He bowed slightly and lifted his hood then went off after Shamshayid while deactivating and pocketing the spider golem.

The young Bel pulled the shadows of his hood over his face as he sidled up next to Lady Shamshayid and kept pace with her. He didn't care if she lashed out at him again or even if she turned truly violent, he felt compelled to find out as much about her as he could.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Previous

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive