The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

The Great Library of Ama'varde

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:20 pm

Ok, so the thread title might be a little over the top (but only a little :P ), but the goal is noble enough. I hope to resurrect my old "Tei'Kaliath Archive" design, first mentioned in the 'school of common knowledge' thread here: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=15320&start=15#p668305, and available to view in full on my dev-art page here: http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/ga ... 5#/d3h9stn. I intend to present the design to An'jhali under an advice suggesting it as "A location to store collected clan knowledge (books) and display items of significance" (too long to post but that's the goal).

The point of this thread is thus to open up the idea to suggestions and general public debate (and official announcements of support) - The plan is to actually put up an advice THIS weekend though, so it discussion time is gonna be kinda limited... sorry...

STATUS: Approved pending popular support (achieved, awaiting LA update)

JD
Last edited by Jonarus_Drakus on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: The Great Library of Ama'varde

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:28 am

Well, how much knowledge have we accumulated? Do we have enough to make a library? A school house for our children with a library added in would probably make more sense than a full fledged library just cuz I don't think we have much to put in there just yet, not alot of writers in our clan, and Anjhali's dragon summon is safe in her possession, so i don't know what other significant items we could put in there
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Tibanna Vilrath on Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:04 am

a bottle wine from the very first vintage. in years to come a place of pilgrimage for every drunkard :P
Aleria Vilrath - PTP
Tibanna Vilrath - RH C2
Tibanna Vilrath
Summoner

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:40 pm

I case it isn't already obvious, I have decided to wait until the NEXT LA to post an advice about this, both so I can gain extra feedback, and to (hopefully) avoid getting 'lost' in the muddle of all the other advices...

@Durlyn: The "library" is only a small part of the building, one 'wing' specifically (If you go look at the zoomed-in 'big' version of the image, you will be able to see that in the on-page descriptions). And the thing is, we might not have a massive collection of written works NOW, but with this building already in place, we might just be able to encourage people to try to add to it!

Also, the second main wing, the museum, is a place where we can store non-literary relics. One major case-in-point would be the 'Relic Armour' we found (assuming we brought it with us), maybe An'Jhali's armour too... Basically any item that has historical value to the clan! (In the case of wine, probably not the wine itself, but maybe one of the 'casks' it was 'aged' in, as a symbol of the beginning of the clan's wine-making industry in general).

Finally, the 'vault' section is where we store things that are too valuable/dangerous for public display. An'Jhali's summon gauntlet would potentially be such an item... Then again, so might Rosani! :P

JD
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:18 pm

Well... An'Jhali liked the plan, and the idea in general... Now its just a matter of drumming up the support to make it happen... I've posted a new 'encouragement' advice: "" (Vote for it if: If the archive is built, you will make a point to submit stuff to store there).

Factor in that the census already has 4 votes (which is what the archive got through with), add Sol's 'record collecting' advice (and however many votes it gets in the end)...

Hopefully We'll get a combined total that puts enough 'omph' behind the plan to justify starting construction very soon! (The next EA, if the is another before PtP2 is 'initialized', will see me posting an action about setting aside resources and marking off a location near the existing school building in preparation for An'Jhali's final approval).

Thanks all!

JD
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Postby Solei'na Luna on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:06 am

There we go, found the thread.

So far, there's the archives for the library; accounts from the fall of the old city; the books with our history that were written for the kids, so I'm sure those can be adapted, too. I submitted an EA in order to get more quills and ink since recording the information may take up these supplies (plus, I want some quills for my backpack in PtP2). I'm also thinking records of plans that were drawn up by clan members should be included. What do you all think?

But I escaped from the reality
Escaped from all the pain
I said to myself, "I'll be my ideal self some day"
Though I'm far from that now... ~Ayumi Hamasaki "Walking Proud""
Solei'na Luna
Tainted

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby James Rye on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:15 am

I think you should also include a book about plants and animals we found so far in our new home. :)
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Vongemmingen on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:19 am

It would also be a good place to store maps.
Path to Power character: Det'neb Tei'kaliath, architect.
Vongemmingen
Nether Spawn

Postby Solei'na Luna on Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:20 am

James Rye wrote:I think you should also include a book about plants and animals we found so far in our new home. :)

I agree!

Solei'na Luna
Tainted

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:14 am

Hopefully I'll be able to have someone from my family post an EA action to start the actual construction soon...

JD
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Postby Talancir on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:49 pm

doublechecking; was the library design approved? I don't believe that it was run past an'jhali yet, so without an approved design, construction should not be started? otherwise I would be submitting an EA advice for a box?
PTP / RH - Eldri'caldeyi - former burgoisie (Press my shirt, lowly prole!), Architect of Ama'varde, Relic Hunter of Sohei Thunder.

Main Archive: Lysire'indris Beli'cadrin - Warden of the Twin Eyes "and Belph'aegor is a hottie!"
Talancir
Vel'akar

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Solei'na Luna on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:39 am

Talancir wrote:doublechecking; was the library design approved? I don't believe that it was run past an'jhali yet, so without an approved design, construction should not be started? otherwise I would be submitting an EA advice for a box?

Tal, on 10/7, Eh'rin brought up to Anjhi about the building the library/archives, but I'm not sure a design went through.

*Also, I submitted an EA this week asking to collect maps & info on plants and animals around Amavarde for the archives, but it appears part of my action got cut off. ^^; But that's what it says.

Solei'na Luna
Tainted

Postby Solei'na Luna on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:46 pm

Talancir wrote:doublechecking; was the library design approved? I don't believe that it was run past an'jhali yet, so without an approved design, construction should not be started? otherwise I would be submitting an EA advice for a box?

Tal, you posted plans for the library for LA, correct? I'm just double-checking.

Solei'na Luna
Tainted

Postby minalia on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:17 pm

Anjhali told you guys that this project was not necessary and that there were more urgent matters to deal with. But she also said you were free to build it but as long as it would not in any way be detrimental to other folks projects that take priority.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:48 pm

At this point I don't see any way that it can be considered to be 'hurting anyone/thing"... Especially since we cant do all that much right now due to lack of stone... However, we do have wood, and we will need a great deal of wooden items not only as furnishing (desks, bookshelves, etc), but all as structural fittings (Doors, window-frames, etc), So I'm looking at re-focusing the project that way until such time as stone becomes available.

The action is up, were making both furniture and 'fittings' - anything that can be done with wood basically...

JD
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Next

Return to Community Centre