Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

A long voyage home. (Privet)

Re: A long voyage home. (Privet)

Postby Zenzetra » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:59 pm

Uuera'unkara sat at the stern of the ship watching the ocean pass by and drift off into the distance as the vessel continued to press onward. She had her crescent axe propped up against her azure armor and was drawing a whetstone across it's fine blade. She had only been on a boat a few times but never one this big, and so each deep breath brought her the new scent of brine and salt-wind which seemed to treat her throat nicely.

Nearby a young halme boy was trying his best to chat her up. "S-so you travel a lot? It must be exciting to see new places every day," He pried. The boy couldn't have been more than nineteen though Uuera couldn't tell the difference either way.

The Azure Wolf kept up with the conversation in her practiced Halme-tongue, "It is exciting I suppose; Before long it just becomes common place," she reasoned while drawing the whetstone up the blade again.

The boy persisted, "D'you ever get a chance to rest? Since you've been here I haven't seen you leave the deck.. Y-you know.. I wouldn't mind if you wanted to use my bed to get some shut-eye". The young man was trying his hardest to present himself as a viable mate, unfortunately he couldn't tell that Uuera'unkara's battle-hardened mind had made her oblivious to the advances of males of any race.

"As a raider for my clan I have trained myself to survive with very little sleep. It is a kind gesture but I make do with a nap here and there," Uuera spoke bluntly with no hint of emotion as she turned her axe over to start on the other side. The Halme was visibly crushed as each attempt to gain the Sarghress woman's favor was met with stalwart ignorance on a level he had never met before.

The captain finally brought an end to his suffering (at least for the moment), "Boy, if I have to tell you one more time to keep to your work I will throw you overboard!" The young man responded instantly in a shaky voice, "Y-yes sir!!!"

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

After only twenty minutes of sharpening, Uuera'unkara looked over her work and smiled as the edge of her blade perfectly caught the sheen of the mid-day sun. She strapped a leather cover to the head of the crescent axe and placed it safely next to her armor.

Looking around she decided to see how the others were doing and instantly caught sight of Mae embracing a dirty bucket and religiously emptying her stomach into it. Uuera knelt down next to the poor girl and rubbed her back lightly. "Is this your first time on the sea, Maene," She called her by an often unused nickname that she liked to use during the rare occasion where Mae wasn't feeling her best.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Alric » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:17 am

Vithar stood on the poop-deck of the ship, looking out over the cold dark ocean as they sailed across its surface. The constant rocking of the boat was troublesome at first, but eventually one got used to it. Well, most did...Mae was apparently having trouble with that. Vithar turned to where Mae was currently bowing down before a bucket as if it was some sort of idol.

“Just take it easy...” he advised. Vithar had never seen someone remain so sick after two whole weeks. They'd have to travel by land from now on for her sake. During the first week, Vithar wisely chose to eat lightly as to reduce discomfort. Then again, it wasn't like the food on the ship encouraged one to eat hearty meals.

“I take it you've traveled by sea before?” he asked Uuena. Vithar had never before been on a sea voyage like this.

Shaking his head, the male raider looked over to Pariel. The latter was not a stranger to Vithar, but just barely. He had run into him before in Val'Raveran and on the surface, albeit briefly. Vithar wasn't sure if Pariel even remembered him.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby django » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:11 am

"The first and hopefully the last." Mae mumbled as she wiped her mouth. She has not heard anyone call her by Maene in a while, Uurea must be worried about her. As Uuera knelt down besides her and rubbed her back gently, Mae felt a little better. "Thank you Uouie." she smiled, trying to show her shes going to alight now.

"I'll take it easy Sir." She said standing back up to dump the vomit over board. Glancing over her shoulder, she noticed some of the humans have been looking at her again. "They're like a bunch a watered down Sullisin'runes. Horny, harry and unwashed." She said to the Raiders. "Last night I think some ass hole been trying to peep on me last night. I heard him sneaking around, looking for a peep hole I blocked. I am concerned that this boat doesn't have a female to fuck and they've been looking at me 'funny' lately."

Mae was sure Uurea had similar stories.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Pariel » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:39 pm

"The unknow begets terror." Pariel voiced his mind out, eyes still closed as he breathed deep. "But for some goblins, that feeling is replaced by bile fascination. Add to the fact that these folks probably have not seen one of her female species in some time, and therefore lust is evoked when something similar is in front of their view."

He chuckled. "Rest assured, though, that they're too afraid or too level headed to attempt anything, Wolf-clans." He added, with a chuckle, his Chellian accent being noticeable.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Zenzetra » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:20 pm

Uuera smiled back at Mae as she stood up and dumped her leavings. Then Mae and Vithar began discussing the rapacious attitude of the shiphands. Uuera thought upon it for a short while and cringed as it slowly dawned on her, "They want to have sex with us? I thought they were just trying to get on my good side out of fear for their safety".

Pariel offered a more complete point of view, "Rest assured, though, that they're too afraid or too level headed to attempt anything, Wolf-clans".

"As it should be! Though.. their younger men seem to view themselves quite highly. Thinking upon it I'm starting to wonder if I was the target of their frustration", Uuera intoned with another cringe; her third-eye gem growing dull in the wake of her thoughts. She didn't like the idea of Goblins lusting after her any more than she was remarkably oblivious to the whole process.

(OOC: 100th post~!!)
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby Alric » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:36 am

Vithar shrugged at Pariel's musings on the goblin males' odd behavior."I figured they'd want to fuck something. I wasn't even sure if they'd find you gals all that attractive," he said with a chuckle. It was close enough, thought Vithar. Even so, human females were so...hairy. "At least Sullisin'rune wash frequently and are well groomed," Vithar told Mae.

"I doubt any of them would be able to lay a hand on you two without withdrawing a stump. Just be on your guard," advised the male Raider.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:53 pm

"Well yah, what the hell did you think they wanted." Mae was surprised Uuera did not catch the signs but then again Mae spent some time in and around the Sullisin'rune dome singing for the creeps. She was hit on left, right and center. Thank goddess she was smart enough to bring her mate along for the tour. They needed to spend more time together.

Mae frowned at the commanders comment 'They'd find you gal all that attractive.' He probably did not mean Mae and Uuera were ugly, just not something humans would normally like.

"So who's the new guy, you seem to know your human well enough." Mae turned to Pariel. "IM Mae Sarghress and I thought we were the only drow this far north."

Up in the crows nest. The look out called out to the captain, seeing still seeing a ship that was either heading in the same direction they were or was following them.

The Captain was looking in the direction of the ship was following them. "I think there Huthgars Captain." Pesty said besides the captain. "I've heard they've had a hard season this year and many of the red haired bastards are desperate enough to turn to pirating."

Although legends and myths make them bigger then they really are, Huthgars are a strong and wild people. Who are born and bred for sailing.

"Put some extra watchmen on the night shift." is all the captain said.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Pariel » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:27 pm

Pariel sighed as he stood still, wrapped around his clothes to conserve heat. "Well, I can get my way around. Specially If I don't look as intimidating as a clan soldier. I am Pariel Beldro'sarol, of Chel. Apprentice Blacksmith and Golem maker." He added,as he shrugged. "I was simply seeking to find traces of ancient smithing techniques, up this far. Suffice to say I wasn't successful."

He glanced at the raiders. "Well, by the looks of it, you also weren't that successful either. So it'll be a boring trip home."
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Zenzetra » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:45 pm

While the Drow spoke of their respective journeys Uuera'Unkara heard a call from the crow's nest, "I think they're Huthgars Captain. I've heard they've had a hard season this year and many of the red haired bastards are desperate enough to turn to pirating". This made Uuera's ears twitch as she turned to hear the conversation a little better.

"Put some extra watchmen on the night shift," the captain called back. "It seems I can get some well deserved exercise afteral," Thought the azure wolf.

At that point Pariel's voice broke through Uuera's focused mind, "Well, by the looks of it, you also weren't that successful either. So it'll be a boring trip home". She turned back and offered a retort, "Our success was marginal at best but the trip back may be much more exciting than you let on, Craftsman," her purple forehead gem sparkled with a hint of anticipation as she divulged her thoughts.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby Alric » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:00 pm

Vithar caught something from the watchman in the crows nest that they were being followed. Sure enough, out on the distant horizon there was the faint outline of a ship following them. From the looks of things that ship was gaining fast. If they were hostile Vithar hoped that the captain of this ship would pick up the pace.

The Am'saag turned to Pariel. "I'm Vithar, an Am'saag. We ran into each other briefly in Raveran," he said before turning back to Uuera. "Look out there," he muttered as he pointed out towards the ship on the horizon. "Just be careful what you wish for, huh?" Not that Vithar didn't mind a good battle every now and then. The trip thus far had been devoid of violence, but there could be plenty in the not too distant future.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:34 am

"Exciting? you mean by exiting is seeing Mae get sick with the bucket. Then yah, its been one hell of a trip." Mae said as felt the boat rock against the choppy waters. 'Oh no not this again' she thought to herself she held her stomach, trying to calm it down.

As Mae looked toward where Vithar was pointing she held back a sigh. This cant be any good, the humans started to show their game faces as they scrambled around doing what ever sailors do.

"I better... get dressed then." Mae said as she slowly walk down the ladder to the rooms. She didn't like the idea of fighting with a sick stomach on a vessel that constantly moved under her feet. Sitting on the edge of her hamic Mae started to get armed up.

As the Huthgar ship moved closer and closer, the weather started to turn. The winds turned violent and cold rain pored on both ships.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Zenzetra » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:41 am

"Just be careful what you wish for, huh?" Those were Vithar's final words of warning before Uuera'unkara paced to the front of the ship to don her azure armor. As she fitted her Wolf's-head helmet on the winds began to pick up while sailors scurried to and fro getting the ship ready for defense. She lifted her freshly-sharpened crescent axe onto her shoulder.

Uuera met back up with Vithar and waited there for Mae to return as rain poured onto the deck all around them. "This weather should make our coming battle much easier for me," she said with a smirk while pulling at the wind with her mana.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby Pariel » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:54 pm

"I suppose our definitions of excitement vary, lady wolf." Pariel said, tugging with his coat and fumbling on his belongings. He wanted to take a good look at that gem in her head, take some notes for his golem projects. He was interrupted though, when the veteran-looking male loomed over him, mentioning raveran. His eyes narrowed so slightly. The sarghress he had met there had not really left a good impression.

"Raveran, huh. I don't wish to remember that place. Not at least of the massive idiotic things i heard and witnessed there. My brain would've shrunk if I stayed among that lot." He spat back. "At least you...don't seem like the other two ones."

And then, rain happened. Pariel's visage frowned. Just great, now i'm going to be chilled to the bones.

He breathed deep. "Cut or destroy their main sails. That's going to stall them. Just a suggestion." He added as he begun to search for a cover of the rain.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Alric » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:02 am

Vithar chuckled at Pariel's not too fond memories of Raveran. "You know, I wonder what those two are doing now...they're back at Raveran while I got sent up here," he said. They had once more been placed on the same mission while in that lost city of Dul'kun'de. Man was that a strange mission...

The Am'saag grimaced as it began to rain. It likely wouldn't slow the pirates down any. "Excuse me..." Vithar said as he pulled his cloak about him and walked off to gather his armor and weapons in case the pirates caught up. He reached his room below, where his armor and weapon awaited. Vithar quickly laced the armor plates in place and hefted his two-handed sword over his shoulder. Upon finished, he emerged onto the deck, pulling the hood of his cloak over his helm to prevent his armor from getting soaked in rain.

"Hm...good plan Pariel. Raiders...when they get within range, we use mana projectiles to damage the pirates' sails." Vithar then turned to Uuera specifically. "See if you can foul their sails or even blow them off course from us. It should buy us some time."
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:55 am

The Raiders waited patently for the ship to get within mana throwing range, and it seemed like an eternity with this storm happening.

Once the ship came within range the Raiders unleashed a their colorful mana bolts into the sails, Burning neat holes into the sails and frightening the superstitious sea folk aboard. As Uuera summoned enough strength for her wind powers and unleashed it on huthgar ship, causing the ship to become unbalanced on the already rough sea water.

The crew gave a cheer as the Huthgar ship lurched and started to turn away. The wind picked up and the sea transformed into a monster, tossing both boats like an angry child. Foamy water rushed across the deck and the boat lurched dangerously to one side, sending sailors to their death.

Mae was the closest to almost fell over board but she managed to stay aboard. Slowly she tried to make her way across to get bellow deck, staying up here was a hell of a way to get tossed over. "Sharess forsake us." She cursed as the cold wind and rain got in her face, she could barely could make out where she was going, and everyone seem like a black blur either trying to get the ship to stay afloat or get bellow deck to get out of the weather.
django
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive