Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Shrooms! Out of Character

Re: Shrooms! Out of Character

Postby django » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:37 pm

Personally I think our characters have taken off more then they can chew. I feel as thou we up against a small army well armed army that is entrenched and prepared for us. Look at it for the point of view of a character, we've lost two people, we cant get to them without getting shot (Even if Elk cloaks up like he did hes still only one man.) Garrus has been shot more times then he can remember and all were fighting for is mushrooms.

I think this is too much for our characters to handle.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:28 pm

Ah, that's a good point.

Then again, I could make them all part of the Red Shirt army: that is, unspeakably easy to kill. Given the amount of arrows, it makes sense that a large majority are archers, which have a tendency to be very bad close-range fighters. If we can move into their position, we can probably decimate them.

That, or Detir is actually a shockingly shallow character who holds profit on a very very high pedestal. Chaotic Neutral?
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Reva » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:55 pm

The problem is, the others aren't. I mean, most of them just joined out of good will to help the guy, going suicidal over lucre nor sounds pretty out of character.
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:15 pm

Baaaaaaaagh.

Hum.

What if the specters we saw torturing/killing/puppetering Alderic were not, in fact, part of the enemy mercenary villagers? What if they were contracted to kick ass and take names regarding these damn mercenaries? True, they're rather vicious and have a very bad tendency to torture their victims, but if they somehow took down the enemy, this could still work as a viable RP. It's a bit contrived, but I'd prefer to do that then let the RP die. What say you"
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:04 am

What. A. Fucking. Day.

Haven't slept in over 30 hours.

Sleep needed.

Play catch up tomorrow.

All PM's shall be replied to then as well.

PEACE
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:06 am

We luvs ya' Blackshade, don't die!!!
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:03 pm

Do you think Elk could sexy his way into the commander's quarters, persuade him to hand over the shrooms, and then drug him to give the party time to run?

Possibly, I guess, but seeing as this is already extraordinarily violent, I don't see how that could really happen. Elk is busy killing people, and seeing as both have already taken deaths, I don't see any reason to try and use diplomacy when the enemy's have just taken to attacking us for no reason that we see.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Right, but we also have a small army up against five drow. Honestly, the easiest way to do this would be to get in bed with the commander, stave off veneral diseases, and persuade him to give up the shrooms. Somehow.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:07 pm

If it's truly a small army, then the logical course would to say "This is not worth some mushrooms, lets go get some elsewhere."
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:10 pm

But I'm insane, so I really want to go through with this. Also, there should be a map in there somewhere. Which is probably in a place that Elk can break into. If we can get the map, we can run away.... Hm. You think Elk could break into the guard tower and steal the map?
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Sneakiness is his forte.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:31 pm

Plans:

1. Run away.
2. Flanking assault while someone ties up the front lines.
3a. Sexy Diplomacy
3b. Unsexy Capitalist Diplomacy.
4. Steal a map and run.

Plan 2 would require one of the tanks to stage an assault while everyone else flanks, takes out the ballistas, steals the shrooms, and runs.
Plan 3a would require Elk to sexy his way into the commander's office, drug him, and persuade/sexy the guards into giving us the shrooms.
Plan 3b would involve someone negotiating.
Plan 4 would involve Elk stealing a map, running back to the cart, and then us running then regrouping to use said map to get more shrooms.

If all fails, we can reboot from the time we entered the village as our last "save point" and figure something out from there. I would say that at that point, we could have someone do a recon and remove Alderic and Umrae'sin using Plot Magic, ascertain the level of resistance, steal the map previously mentined (it'd be easiest) then go and retrieve shrooms in those locations. Why is there a map? I have no idea. Plot magic. I'll make something up later.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Reva » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:45 pm

To be fair, I'm not on the least opposed to the idea of Plot Magic right now. I got this weird feeling the RP is getting much 'darker' than it was expected. While it can be an interesting turn, the sudden death of two characters on rather gruesome ways might have been too much for the rest.
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:49 pm

Can't entirely disagree with that.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby django » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Well to be honest the first thing Garrus is going to do once they get to safty is try to convince Aiva its a lost cause and its not worth going back.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive