Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Shrooms! (Private) (Closed)

Re: Shrooms! (Private)

Postby Zickman » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:28 am

Okay, so maybe he had misjudge. He had completely factored out torture.

Alderic staggered back barely managing to keep in the scream of agony as the thing spat acid upon his arm far too quickly for him to do anything about it in his current state. He could feel his skin and sinew run like wax and knew that if he did not do something quick he might loose consciousness from the pain. That was the last thing he needed right now. Gritting his teeth Alderic placed the palm of his uninjured arm over the wound and released the tiniest bit of ice sorcery. The pain was instantly replaced by a bearable numbness.
Now he was mad
Alderic pushed himself forward towards the figure in a casual charge, his legs bent in preparation to dodge any such attack.
Zickman
Summoner

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:57 pm

The shadow coalesced into a pool of something incredibly sticky, freezing Alderic in place. "Ah-ah-ah!" cooed the shadow. "No dodging for you!" And a blade of black fire bit into Alderic's arm, causing the flesh to burn instantly as the limb slowly began to be shorn from his body.... (no, Aldy won't lose his arm, but I would request you act like he will. Trust me.)
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Eltharrion » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:49 pm

Aw fuck

That was the only thing Elh'vir could think of when the first volley hit his mana shield, bashing off from it to sides, but breaking it at the same time. Rolling violently to dodge the second wave of bolts, Elh'vir made some extremely weak wind blasts toward the village, lifting yet again a cloud of dust to cover his and Garrus' position from them. This, however, cost him greatly as multiple bolts made scratches to his body, and few actually manged to clearly hit his right side and legs. Elh'vir nearly screamed out in pain, but managed to keep his voice down on speaking level as he gabbed the bolts and pulled them out just as they were lighting up in flames, burning his hands quite greatly. His cloak caught fire, and he had to roll to put the fire out. But, at least he could make them to shoot randomly around, as Elh'vir took a sudden turn and back to direction of the cart. He was shaking badly, both from the pain, damage and mana loss, and his speed had dropped down to walking.

Mission done... Now at least the ladies can get out without turning into needle stacks. Let's just hope that doesn't happen to us instead before I get back there...
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:56 pm

(Eltharrion, you're a sitting target. You WILL be killed by a sharp shooter in the next post if you don't find cover NOW.)
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:11 pm

Garrus gave a shout in surprise as the arrow smacked into his arm and burst into flames, searing and burning his spider silk clothing along his shoulder. He growled in frustration and yanked the arrow out. From the Mercs distance it would be hard to penetrate his thick armor with bolts but Garrus had to find some cover.

He saw an opportunity and jumped into the first ditch he came across. Garrus rolled and smothered the flames out in the dirt. "Avia'hl, Umrae'sin..." Garrus looked to the moon, "Goddess, If there is one day I can have a prayer granted, it would be tonight. I pray for the safty of my Warden Avia'hl and a young crusader named Umrae'sin, please grant me the straight and knowledge necessary... Please bring them back safe. I know not why you took my daughter but for all the years I devoted to you, you own me at least one."

It now the only thing Garrus could do is wait. Then he caught something at the corner of his eye, Elh'vir. He was staggering and was about to walk by until Garrus grabbed him by the belt and yanked him into the hole.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:43 am

(Thank you Django, for you prompt and timely retrieval of Elh'vir.)

"Goddess damn it," swore Detir, peeking out of the bolthole. "They'll never make it out of there...." What to do?! How did a quest to find some mushrooms suddenly become so hideously dangerous?! Should they run? NO, Detir REFUSED to bring shame upon the Illhar'dro!! There had to be some way to destroy the enemy...

A flanking maneuver. Damn it, they needed to pull back and hit the enemy from the rear, and they would have to wait for cover of darkness. As it stood, if anyone so much as farted out there, they'd be pinned with enough bolts of fire to wound Quaintana. Which, incidentally, was enough to kill any other drow eight times over. Or so the stories said. ANYWAY....

((Time skip because of plausible redundancy of plot. It'll be okay with Aldy, since he has NO idea where he is and what time it is, so if he ends up post time skip it'll be cool.)

It was now dark enough that Detir couldn't see his allies in their cover. Fires had been lit and the village was now very clearly occupied, but only occasional pot shots were available and Detir couldn't risk running out of ammo.

This would be a VERY good time for Aiva, Garrus, Elh'vir, and Umrae'sin to come back so that they could form a plan.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:59 am

"Time to do the Light Sorcerer thing." Elk said, moving toward the enemies, flying across the battlefield- and vanishing in a flash of light. His hidden form soared across the field, moving toward the unsuspecting enemies.

((Invisibility go!))
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:41 am

(Vetoed. Now, bending light to get active-camo is okay, but pure invisiblity = nuuuuu.)
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:58 am

((I didn't mean literal invisibility goof, I meant active camo. I was just joking around. *hmmm* ))
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Eltharrion » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:05 am

Elh'vir had just been trying to desperately walk back to the cart, hoping not to get hit by any bolts on the way. He had nearly made a good start on it.
That is, until Garrus pulled him into the ditch, and the pure exhaustion and pain made his world spin into darkness.

He got back to his senses later, as the darkness begun to fall. They were still in the ditch. Goddess, this guy actually was good. Most people would have though about getting away, but he just stayed there.

Elh'vir tried to lift himself bit up, but the pain in his leg and palms protested heavily. Holding his breath so he wouldn't groan, he silently fell back on the ground, gapping for air. He was sweating heavily, and the darktime was coming around. Temperature dropped easily, it seemed to him, as he started to feel a chill down his body.

Elh'vir made a small whisper, one so light that even Garrus had hard time to hear it, and flashed away a bit stretched smile to cover the pain.
"Did... Did Aiva and Umrae get out? 'Cause I'd hate to suffer like this just for running foolishly out there for no reason..."

He tried to lift up again, but the pain just hit back even harder and he fell back.
"...Okay, I admit... I think I'd like you to help me back there..."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:15 am

Garrus shifted in the ditch to make some room for the both of them, this hole wasn't the best place but it got them cover when they needed it. Garrus looked over to Elh'vir, poor bastard was out like a light and they were stuck until night fall or until somebody forced them out.

Later, Elh'vir woke up and whispered something, he could barely make out, only really catching -did they get out- part of it. Garrus leaned his head back against the dirt and looked at the dim sky, he couldn't stop thinking about them, he felt almost lost on what to do, pinned down and alone in a shoot gallery. "...I don't know..." was all he had to say on that.

It was then he noticed Elh'vir tried to get up "Stay down, you'll do no good in your condition." Garrus put a firm hand on Elh'virs shoulder, trying to coax in to stay put.

"Rest, your not making any sense right now, we'll have wait for dark before trying it again." He then leaned over and put a bare hand in Elh'vir's face, “Here I'll give you what I can but I cant give you much.” he said before lending some of his mana to him, just a enough to get him started, he needed the rest for himself.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:17 pm

((WHERE EVERYONE GO?!!!!!!))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:35 pm

Elk quickly moved along the edge of the battlefield, avoiding being seen(and especially, shot at) as he sneaked through. If he had a chance to catch any of them away from their contingent and alone, they wouldn't last long. He was looking for the equipment they using to fire those enormous bolts, his eyes scanning the field.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:45 pm

Unfortunately for Elk, said equipment is nowhere NEAR the battlefield and is instead in the center of town. However, the location of the cart happened to be somewhat up a hill, making it easier to see into the village. The ballistas are somewhat visible from their vantage point. The illumination the mercs are using will make it more difficult for Elk to sneak, as it would confine him to whatever shadows were present (active-camo isn't infallible, bending light for active-camo would require you to bend light from ALL directions, making it imperfect and especially obvious in full sun or the light of a campfire), but would also make it easier since the shadows would be that much darker. The question is: Will Elk risk moving into the village to destroy the weapons?
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Zickman » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:04 am

What the fuck?!
One moment he was charging the goddamn acid spitting bastard with all intentions of ripping his face off, the next moment he was in a web of spiderlike shadow. What in the world was this? A daemon? Alderic struggled with all his might to break free, he felt something budge. But just then what appeared to be black fire erupted from somewhere in the shadows that held him, the fire then began to coolly and methodically sear through his arm. Burning flesh, sinew, touching bone. Agony. No other word could describe it. Pure and simple agony. Even then Alderic refused to scream, he would not give the thing satisfaction. The howl of pain that would have ripped from the throat of any lesser Drow once again stopped upon his tongue. The blackness that had already been swimming on the edge of his vision threatened to overwhelm him. He could feel the tug of sweet oblivion. But ever the stubborn one Alderic continued his struggle. He thrashed around wildly in the shadow’s grasp, throwing himself against its clutches with all his might which was compounded by his terror and pain.
Zickman
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive