Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Shrooms! (Private) (Closed)

Re: SHRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS!!!! (Private)

Postby Reva » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:28 pm

Sharess, were those mood swings ever going to stop?

- Sounds like a long walk. I suppose you want to go around the Nidavellir, then... - Aiva'ihl pondered. Unless the worst happened and they, Sharess forbid, came across a Black Sun raiding group, the road should be safe enough till Machike. Then there was the Dokkalfar Pass, near the wasteland, and then a walk around the Sea of Mist... It wasn't a journey through Hel or Char, but you could never say what the Mist or crazy halmes would bring.

- Sorry to ask... But if this is the truth, shouldn't your mother find you a more permanent guard? Where is she, after all?
Reva
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1838
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:27 am

Re: SHRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS!!!! (Private)

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:35 pm

"Ah, well, she's kind of the head of the Itar'nae Subhouse. The subhouse is organized around mainly commerce and 'shrooms, so it's considered really important that a child learns how to manage expenses and profits as well as be skilled in mushroom finding and identification. That's why I'm out here alone, I need to manage the money I have to hire a bodyguard and figure out how much I have to make in order to support both of us, if you agree to come with. Overall, it's a decent philosophy, if a bit brutal."
User avatar
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2477
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Nuqrah'shareh, studying Mana Cannons
Clan: Sarghress

Re: SHRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS!!!! (Private)

Postby Reva » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:33 pm

- I see...

"Drowolath sure are ruthless with their children. Would it be that much trouble to at least make sure the kid has a chance on his own? I thought the Illhar'dro were more watchful, but apparently not this house."

Aiva massaged her temples as another servant came to recieve the payment.

"Can I really leave him alone? Someone else might take advantage of him. It was a interesting chain of coincidences that led us here, this might actually be providence."

She counted the crescents and slivers until there was enough to pay the bill. The servant took the plate and the coins and left.

- Illhar'dro, I believe that my assistance may be required. However, I wish to make clear that I do this not for the ada you may offer and that I need colaboration; as in don't do anything reckless and listen when I talk.
Reva
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1838
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:27 am

Re: SHRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS!!!! (Private)

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:06 pm

"Excellent! Free labor!" said Detir, laughing. "Just kidding, just kidding. I'll pay you anyway, you can use it to upgrade your armor or weaponry, should you choose. If nothing else, consider it a token of my thanks. And of course I'll collaborate. I understand my own weaknesses, and I trust your judgment as an older and wise Drowussu. Again, many thanks. When can you leave, and do you need anything before we leave?"
User avatar
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2477
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Nuqrah'shareh, studying Mana Cannons
Clan: Sarghress

Re: SHRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS!!!! (Private)

Postby Reva » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:13 pm

(( We'll need to slow down here, so let's just keep talking, unless you have something planned to keep us busy? ))

Aiva suppressed a chuckle at Detir's exuberance:

- Good, then. As I said before, I just arrived in town, so I have to organize a few things, see if I am not needed elsewhere, the usual. However, I do think it would help if we could list what shall be needed. - Her hand disappeared behind the cloak, reaching for the back of the belt. When it came back a small handbook and a pencil could be seen. She opened it at a random page. - Have you packed anything yet?
Reva
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1838
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:27 am

Re: SHRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS!!!! (Private)

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:29 pm

((Off to the Markets! Also, we got a new guy. I think I acted a bit rashly and approved him without asking anyone, but I'm also almost certain that he's cool beans.))

"I've got water, meds, clothing, and rope. Hm... now why didn't I pack any food? Anyway, what did you want to do first? There's no rush, so we can plan here for awhile. I'd like to get going at least an hour before nightfall though."
User avatar
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2477
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Nuqrah'shareh, studying Mana Cannons
Clan: Sarghress

Re: SHRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS!!!! (Private)

Postby Reva » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:45 pm

(( Send me a PM, I wanna know more ))

Aiva frowned, concentrated, trying not to forget anything important:

- Hmm-hm. We can do this on the morrow, you know. - She started writting down - Food... Sleeping bags are always a good idea too. Tent, resistant to the water, those "rains" can be quite annoying. What about maps and other localization devices?

She was a bit more than excited, though working hard not to let it show. A trip to the surface was always more than welcome, as she loved the place.
Reva
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1838
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:27 am

Re: SHRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS!!!! (Private)

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:53 pm

((Gimmee a few, I got work to get done, Sorry_))
User avatar
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2477
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Nuqrah'shareh, studying Mana Cannons
Clan: Sarghress

Re: SHRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS!!!! (Private)

Postby Reva » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:58 pm

(( Sure, I'll be right back too ))
Reva
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1838
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:27 am

Re: SHRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS!!!! (Private)

Postby Zickman » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:26 pm

(Just love being the party crasher. :D)

Even with one massive hand in a sling and a grimace of discomfort upon his face, the giant of a Drow still looked formidable enough to halt almost all conversation upon his entrance. For a few seconds nearly every pair of eye in the White Lion rested upon the Drow warrior as he strode in looking every bit as magnificent as the beast that was the famed tavern’s namesake. Many different eyes seized him up, wily eyes, curious eyes, appraising eyes, indifferent eyes, and eyes with less identifiable intent. Those eyes viciously dissected him, taking in everything. From his six feet five muscular frame to his long white hair with streaks of it dyed purple which was tied back in a ponytail, to his glaring contemptuous turquoise eyes, from the vicious scars that decorated his face to the obviously well used hand-and-a-half-blade at his waist.

The Drow strode towards the bar, his heavy footsteps resounding around the now almost silent room, his eyes straight; looking at no one and yet seeing everyone. The blood spattered upon his spider silk vest matched the blood that stained his sling, despite the obvious injury the warrior_______ for warrior he had to be________ still appeared as dangerous as a panther. The man fell heavily into a stool at the very end of the bar, and was silent. A few moments later tentative conversation struck up in the room once more.

He shifted in his seat, moving his arm slightly in the process and gritted his teeth as agony raced up his arm and through his body once more. The Drow signaled with his good hand for a drink and the bartender hastily made his way over. He put down a mug of ale and the Drow down it in a gulp.
another drink, another drink and it all gets better……..
The warrior made it through four more mugs before his rigged composure began to change. He seemed to relax, if just momentary. The bartender felt embolden enough to actually speak as he waited with a mug of ale in his hand.
“Hey fella,” he said hesitantly.
The Drow grunted and didn’t look up from his ale, the bartender took that as a sign of approval to speak.
“Fella, you look like a sellsword if I’ve ever seen one.”
Another grunt.
“Lad over by that side,” The bartender continued jerking his thumb in the direction. “Looking for hired blades for some expedition or the other………thought you might want to know.”
His piece spoken the bartender refilled the Drow’s now empty cup and strode away. The Drow sipped his drink, his mind whirring with the possibilities of this newest turn of event.
Zickman
Summoner
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:12 am
Location: Somewhere in the Ethereal Realm of Magic

Re: SHRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS!!!! (Private)

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:44 pm

((Well this is interesting.))

Detir gave the humongous Drow a sideways look. "Well this can't be good. Aiva, it seems that your first assignment as my bodyguard is to give me a threat assessment on that guy over there."
User avatar
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2477
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Nuqrah'shareh, studying Mana Cannons
Clan: Sarghress

Re: SHRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS!!!! (Private)

Postby Reva » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:48 pm

Aiva gave a quick glance to the approching drow, evaluating possible weapons and overall atitude with a rather cold look. She then turned to Detir:

- Calm yourself. You came here looking for a bodyguard, it's clear that interested people would be indicated to talk to you. I don't think even the worst mercenary would be so obvious if it was indeed his intention to attack you. - Aiva took the last gulp from the glass. - Let's wait and see.
Reva
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1838
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:27 am

Re: SHRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS!!!! (Private)

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:53 pm

Detir frowned. "Yes... let's." ((This would be your cue to walk over, Zicks))
User avatar
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2477
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Nuqrah'shareh, studying Mana Cannons
Clan: Sarghress

Re: SHRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS!!!! (Private)

Postby Zickman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:36 am

(Here I come! Hope you don't mind Reva. :D)

The Drow threw back his current drink then slammed the cup down on the counter. His furious scowl had slackened somewhat. He looked up and cast a furtive glance over to the corner, towards the private booth that the bartender had indicated. His eyes latched unto a Drowussu warden and stayed there. In the sea of black skinned Drow she stood out as much as a dove among ravens. Her heart shaped face with its high striking cheekbones and thin luscious lips was as perfectly shaped as a sculpture worked upon by the finest Illhar’dro masons, her light brown hair fell around her in waves. From what the mercenary could tell with her sitting down, she was tall but he would still tower over her by almost a head. The Drow’s turquoise eyes locked upon her gray ones and for a moment he felt as if though a great hand was squeezing his heart to a pulp. He watched her for a long moment before turning his eyes unto the next inhabitant of the booth. Long well cared for teal hair, blue eyes, expensive triple woven spider silk trousers and pants, fresh excited look upon her face. The female could be of no other clan than Val’Illhar’dro.

The mercenary considered his options at the speed of thought. He had just come back from deep within uncharted tunnels where he had barely escaped with his life from Xuile’solens, and suffered a grievous cut to his arm. As it was he was looking at a minimum of a month of being left handed. Besides that he was tired, both mentally and physically. It had been a grueling adventure. Did he really want to throw himself into another quest so quickly?

The answer was yes. Had been yes ever since he had seen the warden. No way he could not go on a journey where there was the possibility that he would be spending alone time with her. With a grunt the Drow heaved himself to his feet and made his way over towards the table.
Zickman
Summoner
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:12 am
Location: Somewhere in the Ethereal Realm of Magic

Re: SHRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS!!!! (Private)

Postby Reva » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:50 am

(( As long as the RP is fun and everyone respects each other, I'll welcome every new player :) ))

The warden resumed her watching from the corner of the eye, in the most discreet manner. She didn't want Detir to worry, but it was prudent to take a deep look into anyone who might make contact. Her mother would always remind her of the three virtues she needed to judge someone: Observance, patience and fairness. And she was exactly on the first stage.

The male drowolath was tall and doubtless a experienced warrior. She assumed her guess of a mercenary was true. A more careful look revealed a ugly-looking wound on his right arm. Detir mentioned his house was good with medicinal fungi, could he be after this knowledge too? This, of course, would mean he already knew about the Itar'nae beforehand. It sounded a bit unlikely. Either way, he didn't appear like a immediate threat and, if proven an ally, would need medical attention soon.

As he grew closer, she turned a reassuring look to Detir and waited.
Reva
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1838
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:27 am

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests