Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- Vloz'ress fortress

Re: Chel'el'sussoloth- Vloz'ress fortress

Postby Reeds » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:56 am

She was relaxed, well that is until Brogen shouted and she nearly jumped out of her skin. That big lummox sure could shout. "The boss?! Hell I don't know big guy! Maybe at the tower? I haven't seen her for a while!" She shouted back before standing up and heading towards the group. Well she stopped, and looked at the recruits. "If you guys stop for any reason other then to get a drink. I'm going to bust your asses when I get back." Various groans and gripes could be heard, but she ignored them before heading towards the group and instantly spotted Garr. "You." Then she saw the dripping bag and her mood notably brightened.

"Did a pretty good job," To be honest, Maki was a nice girl she could be a bit serious and even she has her limits. But seeing the bag and almost knowing what was in it, she had to smile. She gave him a pat on the back and nudged him. "The least you could do for pushing my buttons last week, is buy me a drink." She was being serious however. Maki hadn't had a drink in awhile and hell she would have loved to go and hunt some kyorl's for a bit of fun and profit. Maybe, lead a small group of their scouts into an ambush. That was always fun, and Maki was well known with the mercenaries for her ambush plans. In fact, some of them even compared her to a scourge in that aspect which was, to say the least, flattering. "So who's this guy? He ain't a Vloz."

She scratched the back of her head, examining him for a moment before shrugging her shoulders. "Well whatever, not my problem." She turned to Brogen and gave him a pat on the back. "You know after we're done our chores, I think the three of us. Well, four of us, if Tan would show up should go on a little hunt for some Kyorl. I haven't had a decent bit of pay in awhile, and training scrubs just ain't worth it. And I need to get some use out of my sword again." She grinned patting the hefty brutish looking blade at her side. It was a large blade and it looked notably heavy. The best part, was that it had a short one handed grip. This was not for anyone needing finesse, this was for someone who wanted to get the job done quickly.
Reeds
Tainted

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Mega » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:17 pm

Speaking of the apparently illusive Tan, he was off somewhere sharpening the claws of is gauntlets. He was busy at a makeshift cutler wheel he had managed to put together, using the spinning stone to sharpen his gauntlets. Unfortunately for the ears of everyone nearby, this emitted a very loud and ear piercing screech as the stone dragged against the metal nails of the gauntlets. Sparks also flew in random directions as he mercifully pulled the nails away from the wheel briefly to examine his handiwork. The blood was really caked on the nails, it would still be some time before he could get them as sharp as he wanted. After several more ear splitting moments of sharpening the nails of his gauntlets, Tanver'an decided to see what everyone else was doing and eventually wondered into the room with the snake pit. There he saw Maki nearby training some recruits and that one guy... Brogen, Tanver'an recalled after a moment; feeding the snake mounts. The only thing the two seemed to have in common was the bladed gauntlets they wore. Then again, Tan didn't socialize very much... that involved more talking then he would have liked.

There were two other people there but that was a moot point as he walked his way around the pit until he stopped at the little group gathered by Brogen. "Busy I see," Tan commented in his usual, short and simple manner, casually glancing at the bloodied bag on the ground.
Mega
Tik'tikki

Postby Draquadarb » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:29 pm

Garr hefted his bag with a grin.
"Bit of Kyorl for the Naga to chew on." he snickered. He hadn't met this mercenary who wore Berserker gauntlets, but he didn't figure it much mattered. He glanced past Maki at the lineup Brogen had indicated.

"Drink'll have to wait until I get some coin, love. Then we'll get you whatever you want. Although the taphouse is probably busier than Captain Verna is right now. Ah well, we'll manage to have some fun I'm sure." he then considered her other proposition.

"I got no commitments or assignments waiting for my attention. Yeah, I'd be upto some more Kyorl hunting. Sounds like fun, doesn't it fella?" he nudged the foreigner with an evil grin.

"But if we want that drink, I have a line to stand in. See ya around, Brogen." he waved to the large simple creature. He hadn't spoken to him before, but liked him already. Anything that could pull out something's limbs then laugh like a six year old had his respect.

He resisted pinching Maki's bottom on his way by.
Draquadarb
Nether Seed

Location: Glowering down at you from above. With dissaproval.

Postby Zickman » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Alderic fought his rising frustration with all his might; knowing that for once breaking skulls and lopping off limbs would not get him what he wanted and would probably give him a one way ticket to the Abyss. He did his best to remember that he couldn’t judge these people the way he would judge others on the account of them being insane tainted freaks. Alderic noted that the group around him was slowly swelling and that a Kyrol attack of some sort was being discussed, one of them tainted freaks even went so far as to smile at him. Alderic forced himself to remain calm.

The Ada, think about the Ada. This will all be worth it when he receive his payoff.

“I can see that you all are exceedingly busy,” Alderic said his voice dripping contempt and sarcasm. “So just tell me where I can find this Nether Summoner and I shall leave you to your own devices.” Maybe he should have broken that down a little simpler and add in some grunts, Alderic thought sourly, maybe that would have gotten through to them.
Zickman
Summoner

Postby django » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:01 am

"Oh boy, oh boy!" Brogen clapped his gauntlets together. Like every Volzz he hated Kyos to the core. Burt Espcially hates Wardens. "Bye bye." Brogen waved good bye to the Merc with the bag, with the head in it. He didn't didn't know his name but Brogen liked the name Bag Man.

"I like Bag man." He said out load seemingly to no one but was actually talking to Burt.

So he lumbered off, until he saw Tan. "Hi Tan. My Mom said, If Tan every wanted to become a berzerker to match his claws, you should send him this way if you can please dear." Brogen was a strange creature, time from time he seemed dim witted but he has showed to have a good memory.

Brogen stopped for a second, deep in thought. "Oh yah." Turning back to Malik "I finished my chores. Unless another slave just died." He looked left, right and to the left again "Nope. Wait" Then he looked over his shoulders "Nope." can never be too careful he thought.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Reeds » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:58 pm

"Oi! You!" Maki called out to another mercenary scrub who merely pointed at himself. "Yeah I'm talking to you jackass. I need you to take over on training those morons over there, and for sharess sake DON'T slack off." She turned to Alderic and sighed. "Now where was I? Ah yes, the boss. I would suggest the tower, but like I've stated before. She's not exactly the easiest nether summoner to keep tabs on." Maki turned towards tan and chuckled as she approached him and chuckled.

"We're gonna head out after awhile for a bit to hunt some Kyorl and no this isn't a request, it's a damned order." Maki wasn't being serious, nothing she said was really serious, except for the orders she tossed at the mercenary and the honesty that the boss, wasn't an easy women to find. But all in all, she was still intent on hunting some grayskin zealots down for some fun and profit. Bonus points if they ran into a warden. "This would make it easier to help, if I knew your name. By the way, name's Maki'eda, most just call me Maki." She scratched the side of her head before pulling the mask off her face to reveal a normal Drowolath women. Well normal in that she looked normal, but in reality she was a bit short on sanity. Living here for ten years will do that to you.

"But the easiest thing to do is wait around. If Selune wants to see you, she'll find you most likely. No point in looking for her, if she doesn't want to be found." Maki found that out the hard way. Trying to find that women, was like trying to find a needle in a haystack. She let out a frustrated sigh before talking to herself. "No I don't think he'd be interested in having a drink, and no, I don't think he wants to take part in a kyorl hunt. Why are you even asking me these things?" She trailed off on her own little thoughts, as she kept on arguing with herself. This was just Maki's way of dealing with situations which was generally to argue with herself, until she came up with an idea that she liked. Anyone that knew Maki, also knew that this was going to go on for quite some time as well.
Reeds
Tainted

Postby Zickman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:48 am

Alderic sighed in frustration. So now he was expected to twiddle his thumbs and wait in the demon invested loonie bin until the goddamn nether summoner decided that she had time to spare? Now he understood why this job was so high paying. Then again he had half been expecting something like this. No, what really rankle him was that he couldn’t see any other alternatives but to wait, going room to room in the tower would be very tedious not to mention hazardous to his health and probably pointless.

Alderic pointedly ignore the offer for his name, he didn’t want to be on a name to name basis with these people. This resolution hardened as his glance swept over the berserkers, yup he definitely had nothing to gain from associating with these crackpots. Alderic began doubting his own sanity for coming over to talking to these people in the first place, it was obvious now that a solitary search no matter how last he was would have been the best option. Maybe all the insanity surrounding him was rubbing off. As if on cue, the Maki girl began talking to herself.

Alderic shook his head bemused, wondering once more why the hell was he in the Vloz’ress stronghold. Surely he could have found a more productive way to spend his time, like chew his fingers off or wrestle with a dragon. Maki had removed her mask, Alderic took in her features with lighting perceptions; needing only a glance to memorize her face. She was rather plain looking, not unattractive just plain. Her only notable features was a small skull tattoo under her eye and a few crisscrossing scars.

The Drow ran a hand threw his hair as he contemplated his options, he could continue wondering around aimlessly; waiting for this Nether Summoner. But the Drow didn’t know how long it would take before they finally met, and he didn’t need anyone to tell him that the longer he stayed in this compound the more dangerous it would get. A lot of tainted weren’t very friendly to those that didn’t share his condition, he had garnered as much from the hostile glances he had received earlier. Not that he was afraid, but kicking a wolf around its packmates wasn’t very bright.

The other option was to stick with this crew, they were insane yes but at least they weren’t hostile. Alderic groaned aloud, between the dragon and the fire. It was loose-loose situation.

“Don’t know about Kyrol hunting unless there is a lot Ada involved, but I might just take you up on that drink.” Alderic said heavily. “Something tells me I’ll need to get through this.” He added under his breath. The Drow had the nasty feeling that his day was about to get a lot more interesting.
Zickman
Summoner

Postby Draquadarb » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:50 am

"And drinks we shall have!" Garr declared, rejoining them. The line had proceeded faster than he had expected it to, most the people on brief business. He bounced the small bag of coins in his palm.

"This is just for one head. A whole party? Plenty of ada up for the taking. The trick is finding the right size. Not too small to be a waste of effort, not so powerful as to be too much risk." he continued. He the gestured back towards a squat structure set against the wall of the tower.

"To the taphouse then? We can discuss specifics within. And I believe I owe a certain lovely a drink." he grinned, ever so subtly eyeing Maki up and down.
Draquadarb
Nether Seed

Postby Mega » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:28 pm

"I will keep that in mind, Brogen," Tanver'an replied unflinchingly to Brogen. Tan knew the only reasons the topic came up was because he was fairly strong physically, and he had a similar fighting style to a Berserker. However, he had no intention of becoming a Berserker at all if he had his way, as they usually did not have very long life spans and other then that were prone to being taken over by their demon seed. All of which were not very favorable to Tan's rate of survival.

Then the topic of hunting Kyorl came up and Tanver'an simply nodded to Maki. It beat the hell out of sticking around twiddling your thumbs. Then the topic was derailed by talk of going to the tap house for a drink, which didn't sound like a bad idea either. Tan was probably the only one who wondered who this outsider was and why he was in the fortress, but as long as he did not make himself a threat, Tanver'an didn't give it much mind.
Mega
Tik'tikki

Postby django » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:59 pm

Brogen was happy to see bag man came back. "I don't usually go to the tap house, its smells like pee and vomit." Brogen plainly put it. "But I know the way and maybe nether summoner there too! hur-hur-hur" Brogen was a happy berzerker, he was hanging out and was getting ready for a hunt.

The Tap house is a ruddy, dirty, rowdy and quit possibly the best Tavern the Volz have, with no mass murdering whores or phyco bartender to boot.

The place wasn't too busy at this time of the day with most of its patrons working but it was still was noisy. Borgen lumbered past customers excusing himself even if he wasn't bumping into any one. "Were are we sitting?" Borgen and Burt turned to see if what the others think. If any one was following him.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Draquadarb » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:13 am

"Over there, corner table near the bar. Good view of the door, and easy access to the taps!" Garr grinned to the big simple one. He remembered a time when life seemed that... straightforward. Everything got so tangled these days.

"You guys grab a stool, I'm gonna grab a few. And by a few I mean three. One for me, one for Maki and one for my main 'serker Brogen here. Strongest crap they got, too. I wanna see how long it'll take Brogen to drink us under the table." Garr laughed, and moved towards the bar. A cluster of females sat opposite the corner he had indicated to Brogen. A couple of Scourges, three mercenary captains. And a familiar Nether Summoner. Her Soul Seeker stood near the table, turning away any who approached firmly.

"Well, there she is ladies. Although, she doesn't appear to be taking appointments. Too bad." Garr pointed. He then turned and entered into engagement with the barkeep, a stout woman of volumptuous curves and crazy eyes. Garr'eth grinned widely, liking her immediately.
Draquadarb
Nether Seed

Postby Reeds » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:34 am

Maki sighed softly it was another normal day at the tap house and the boss was here. Though she didn't seem to be taking any visitors at the moment. "Well she's here of all places. That's good, but it seems she's not taking any visitors and her soul seeker is a rather stubborn bastard." She yawned loudly, as she took her seat at the aforementioned table. Grabbing her own stool and just taking her place, waiting for garr and the others to take their seats. "So then I wonder how many Kyorl we can bring in with the five of us. That is, if the foreigner wants to join in for some quick and easy ada."

She cooed at her own words, especially at the mentioning of ada she had gone long enough without a decent paycheck and she might as well bring back a head. Hell if they find a good one, she might take a few choice cuts of Kyorl meat home for later. Meat was a rarity down here and Maki, well she took whatever meat she could get, even if it was straight from a dead elf.

"Let's hope we find a decent group of em," she chuckled softly to herself. It wasn't often that she felt like going on a kyorl hunt, so they almost certainly had to find a group of at least five kyorl, or she was going to be pissed. Because a pissed off Maki was never a good thing, you could almost bet some poor mercenary recruit was going to catch hell if she didn't get a decent bounty off a kyorl. "A round of drinks, then a round of head hunting. Let's get this underway, I don't want to miss out on the fun."
Reeds
Tainted

Postby Mega » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:49 pm

"So she is," Tan's voice rumbled from the back, his eyes surveying the tavern for a moment as he followed the others. Grabbing a stool, Tanver'an sat and rested a metal clad elbow on the table that he then rested his head in. Tan rolled his eyes at Maki's impatience, it was adorable. "I don't think we need to worry about any Kyorl dissappearing," Tan pointed out matter of factly, his way of teasing Maki. "I just hope that no accidents happen this time," Tanver'an added, a faint grin tugging at the corner of his lips. He was of course refering to the time there was a misunderstanding during a hunt where Tan was going to lift Maki up on a stone pillar that would have put her out of melee range, and also given her a clear shot with her bow. However, just when he started, Maki had "somehow" not heard it correctly and long story short, ended up shooting her foot and toppled over on Tan.
Mega
Tik'tikki

Postby Reeds » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:57 pm

Maki stammered and coughed when Tan decided to bring up that little accident. Shooting him a rather nasty look she leaned in close to him and hissed. "You idiot! Didn't we agree not to even make mention of that?!" She was for the most part, after his little jab at her ego not in a rather talkative mood. So instead of trying to argue back she just looked at her feet, as she tried to hide a deep blush forming on her cheeks. The sooner we get this sorted out, the better. She was thinking to herself as she peeked up from staring at her feet to see what Garr, Brogen and the newcomer were up to.
Reeds
Tainted

Postby django » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Sitting on a stone put there just for berserkers scratching his leg.

Then Brogen started thinking. Kyos live in Chel. "Don't Greys live in Chel? What they be doing out of... where do greys come from where they come out of to poke Burt and Brogen with a sharp things?" Although hard to tell, he gave a screwed up face. "Hmm. What you guys think?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Previous

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive