Tei'kaliath clan discussion and announcements.

Re: Path to Power: New Subscriber Introduction Thread!

Postby Thalar on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:46 am

Much of the problem with that concept stems from a few basic guidelines which everyone has to follow in order to make a Tei'kaliath character.

We all (with the exception of the ex-Relentless) come from a city in the underworld, far far removed from both the surface, and from any other drow society.
The drow culture in this worldsetting is significantly different from the primary one in D&D.

In our city there were only drowolath, and dark elves. No dark elves survived the Exodus, in fact they may all have been killed in the chaos that destroyed the city.

One problem with a half-lizard or half-lizardman character, is that there are no lizardmen in this worldsetting. Another problem is that it is not so easy to create halfbreeds in this worldsetting as it is in D&D. A third problem is, the only allowable race for Tei'kaliath is drowolath.

Also, there is one point about character creation here which is rather important. We are not the heroes of this story. Normally when you make a character, that character is intended to be a hero of some kind. Here the characters are the backdrop for the real hero, Ilharess An'jhali. We are just your normal run of NPCs working behind the scenes to make her shine.

So my basic advice is the same as Madea said. Start from scratch, instead of whittling away your favorite character to the bone to get something playable.. You'd be betraying your old character as well as your new one if you tried to force him to confirm to this worldsetting. *doh*
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Sabotender on Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:34 pm

thanks for your insights, it is rather depressing though, as you all understand.
(what i dont understand is how "drow"-tales has kept the name drow, when it is apparently so far from the obvious inspiration D&D)

anyway, back to DT, I will see what i can come up with for a PTP character, and hope that someday Gar'Krox will be in the Visual Roleplay.

PS. one thing is sure about my PTP character, he is going to be stubborn, as i am stubborn by nature myself :P

PPS. about there being no lizardman like races... you do not know that! Kern and the rest of Studio Drowtales may yet reveal new never before seen undiscovered races! Mwhaha 8P

PPPS. can Ver'drowendar produce offspring? is it too much to ask to have a decendant of a Ver'drowendar and a Drawolath. (no longer has a demon seed, but some of the traits remain.)
Path to Power character:
- Izz'lochar Shyn'Tyrr

On the ceiling of the cavern high above the Tei'kaliath ruins, Izz'lochar Shyn'tyrr wrote:I was here!
Sabotender
Nether Seed

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Thalar on Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:35 pm

Sabotender wrote:PS. one thing is sure about my PTP character, he is going to be stubborn, as i am stubborn by nature myself :P

Welcome to the club. XD

Sabotender wrote:PPS. about there being no lizardman like races... you do not know that! Kern and the rest of Studio Drowtales may yet reveal new never before seen undiscovered races! Mwhaha 8P

That may be so, but I feel confident enough in my guess for the time being.
And since the only allowable race for a Tei'kaliath is drowolath, it really doesn't matter whether I turn out to be right or not. :D

Sabotender wrote:PPPS. can Ver'drowendar produce offspring? is it too much to ask to have a decendant of a Ver'drowendar and a Drawolath. (no longer has a demon seed, but some of the traits remain.)

A Ver'drowendar is just a drowolath with a demon seed in their aura.

There were no Ver'drowendar in the city we fled from, so no, you can't be a descendant of a Ver'drowendar.

Also, when a Ver'drowendar breeds with another Ver'drowendar, the offspring is drowolath. Same goes for Ver'drowendar x drowolath. The demonic seed does not transfer or transmit a part of itself to the offspring. No traits are transmitted either. The child of a Ver'drowendar is in fact as boringly ordinary as anyone else's child.

And on that point I'd like to reiterate my previous statement.

Thalar wrote:Also, there is one point about character creation here which is rather important. We are not the heroes of this story. Normally when you make a character, that character is intended to be a hero of some kind. Here the characters are the backdrop for the real hero, Ilharess An'jhali. We are just your normal run of NPCs working behind the scenes to make her shine.

She's the hero. We are the support.

Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Sabotender on Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:15 pm

I know that we are only support characters, but in the event of being promoted to a possission where my character gets an appearance in the comic, all comic characters need some identifying traits. (that is why manga characters developed strange hairstyles)

so i am just trying to rule out the possibilities so that i can think of a unique character in the event of a comic appearance.
I can foresee a "Hey i was on that page!" "who were you?" "that guy next to all those other guys, the one that looks identical to all the others"

With out a unique appearance and personality, all the characters might as well be clones :P
Path to Power character:
- Izz'lochar Shyn'Tyrr

On the ceiling of the cavern high above the Tei'kaliath ruins, Izz'lochar Shyn'tyrr wrote:I was here!
Sabotender
Nether Seed

Postby Thalar on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:34 pm

Sabotender wrote:With out a unique appearance and personality, all the characters might as well be clones :P

So you think all the people with faces so far have been clones of eachother? :U

The faceless represent subscribers who haven't made a character.
Every character shown with a face is a player character, with the exception of the Ilharess and the Relentless.
You don't need to have some kind of special or unique background to have an interesting character.

Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Sabotender on Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:24 am

ok guys, thanks for the support, I have posted my new character in the RP registration thread
http://forums.drowtales.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=10926&p=497788#p497788

Hope this is more satisfactory :)
Path to Power character:
- Izz'lochar Shyn'Tyrr

Sabotender
Nether Seed

Postby Serantis on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:21 am

Umm heh
this is late but welcome to all the new people/Drow to the clan, And yes the Scouts are looking for more. No scouting exp needed, Must like long walks through dark caverns, Poking your head into places most would run from and wearing dark cloths.

Any questions about the scouts or anything else in general you are welcome to PM me or Kir'ima (regarding the scouts)

Besafe
Serantis
Serantis
Demon

Postby Freya on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:42 pm

Uhm *waves* Hi folks. I'm new here... :B
Freya
Summoner

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Jeriah on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:45 pm

Welcome to the insanity. We love new members. Both boiled and fried.
- Ank'iseth Samarrikh
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:47 pm

Hi, Freya! :)
Here's a list of useful threads to get you started.

The main thread for commenting on the comics (and used as an extension of the shout box) is here.

Others are:
Engineering
Supply Master
War Master
Scout
Crafts
Smithy
Mines
Slave Master
Healers
Architect

Artist request
Tei'kaliath Census
RP registration
Character Image, Tattoos and fan art

Have fun!

P. S. and please volunteer to become an assistant to one of the ranked members. ^^;
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Freya on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:05 pm

I'll try to get all read by tomorrow or so. Assuming RL doesn't bite me on the bum. :B
Freya
Summoner

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Writer on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:13 pm

Welcome to the boards, Freya! If you have any questions or such, feel free to ask away and we'll do our level best to answer 'em. 's always a pleasure to see new faces on the boards...Or in the comic.
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby Thindra on Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:52 pm

Hello, my name is Thindra Hitoru. I live in Manitoba, Canada (100% Pure Canadian Meat). Basically I'm a broke college student in accounting and find it amazing how much the other students in my class drink - before class, in between classes, at lunch, after school, in the evenings... shocker. Anyways, my character is Jan'telle and is my little cutie. I have my own website that will hopefully get it's own webcomic by christmas. I just keep rewriting and adding to the first chapter that it may never see the light of the internet.

I have read Drowtales for years, but this is my first time doing anything in an FFRPG like this. It should be fun.
To'ast - We will either find a way, or make one.
Thindra
Summoner

Postby Jeriah on Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:19 pm

((Welcome to PtP, Thindra. Hope you enjoy your stay with us. If you haven't already, please take note of Kirio's post, 3 replies up.))
- Ank'iseth Samarrikh
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby Thindra on Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:27 pm

I've noticed and looked. Since the forum wasn't working for me during the past 2 weeks I went around the p2p website and got familar with it and what's going on in the clan. Now that the forum is working, I will do a thorough search through it.
To'ast - We will either find a way, or make one.
Thindra
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Path to Power