Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | Inlulk'lar

Re: Val'Raveran | Inlulk'lar

Postby Kalandrin » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:57 pm

Kyori arched her eyebrows when Seruxis talked about his cooking. "Alright..." she said, not sure what else was worth mentioning. "I'll make sure to keep that in mind next time we spot a Berserker. Might come in handy, who knows" she then smiled at him, feeling kinda silly by having to say that. Was it an insult? It wasn't meant as an insult but as a continuation of his own joke, as it sounded. She was bad at this thing called 'humour.' Ugh.

"Do not spend all your hunger on the garlic bread by the way, keep some for when the main course comes" she advised him. She was pretty sure he would be clueless about the size of the portions in this place, and this is why she ate only two pieces of garlic bread prior to the food's arrival. The rest would be eaten along with the main course, which should be served anytime now.

"Do not forget it's not just bodyguard duty here" she reminded him. Kyori knew however that serious battle involved running, and this is why she had recently modified her armour to include a shorter armoured section on her dress, and more plates for not just her whole legs, but effectively the rest unarmoured parts of her body as well. She had converted from half-plate to nearly full-plate in light of the Vloz'ress attacks.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Celice » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:24 pm

(hehe. Posting this secretly at school XD hacking the system a bit)

He snorted taking no offense to the comment about his cooking, "He won't know what hit him that's four sure," Seruxis responded as he finished the second piece of bread, "and don't you worry about loosing my appetite. I don't think I've eaten decently in a week or two...carvan fares," he said but nonetheless took her advice although his stomach complained again for food.

"Perhaps," he said, "But straying to far in battle from your partner could have ended up wounded seriouly maybe even killed, " He self counciously rubbed his neck again knowing all to well that lesson, "Expecially when the battle begins to break down into chaos kill or be killed,"

He went quite for a bit before letting out a sigh and changing the topic, "The carvan master dropped my things off and said he would have someone take them to you apartments," he said idly, "However I don't think I'm suppose to stay in your apartments right?"

He gave her a questioning look, "I was curious to what the sleeping arrangments for myself will be while I'm here"
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:05 am

Kyo snorted herself at the sound of caravan fares. She disliked them beyond belief; it wasn't as if they couldn'y have better food for them after all, it was more like the fact they didn't want to."I know the feeling. I was born on Chel'el'sussoloth myself. The concept of fares is as flawed as those heretics who claim that Sharess is dead" she muttered under her breath and sighed.

A waiter appeared soon, smart in his clothes, and brought their main course; stuffed vegetables for Kyori, and meat pie for Seruxis. The noble nodded appreciatively and examined her collection of vine leaves, potatoes, and Sharess knew what else, all stuffed with a delicate mixture of rice, herbs and meat. Not only did they look delicious, but they smelled delicious as well, and in a moment, they'd taste delicious too, as soon as they found her mouth.

"Eat while it is still warm" Kyori said as Seruxis was about to speak, then listening to him. With Tar'lyn, they would both be in the frontline. Kyori did not like staying in the rear and do shit; no, she liked the thrill of fighting and protecting her blade just as he protected her. She arched her eyebrows and looked at the new one, sighing hopelessly. "I am not some chicken who stays in the rear, keep it in mind. I've killed soul seekers single-handedly."

She ate some of her food as the Seru-person talked again. "You'll have your own apartment, as far as I am concerned... Next door from mine. All your responsibility, and the rent is all yours to pay. If you cannot afford it, we can arrange something, but there is no possibility I am allowing you to move. It simply destroys the purpose of trying to be a 'rapid-reaction force'" she explained him. Little did she know about the surprises she would get soon.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:35 am

He took a bite of his meat pie and nearly threw manners to the wind. It was delicious and all he wanted to do now was devour it before it lost the delicious meaty flavor blended with some sort of mushroom and other assorted items in the thick gravy like sauce that mixed the pie together. At the talk of paying for rent on an apartment next to hers he paused for a momment.

She was a noble whou could afford to eat at this restaraunt meaning paying rent on similar apartments to her would cost him a fortune he didn't have, "I can tell you now I can't pay that rent. I'm not a noble you know just a merchant's son and I have just enough ada to get by with food and whatever cheap room I can find." he returned to eating the pie for a few seconds before looking up at Kyori again, "If anything I would probably end up a bit far from you if I am going to handle paying rent on something"

Usually what Seruxis affored in rent was a small room, vermin free at least, a small bathroom that had a simple curtain for the door and a small window tucked up in the corner top of the room. It always seemed smaller still due to the fact he wasn't neat about such things after all it was his space to occupy. The little corner of the universe that Sharen has allowed him. He cleared his throat taking another drink of water," I only have a fifty ada savings on me right now. I usually get a few from pay coupled with a few extras sent from home when buisness is good. I don't think that covers an apartment."

He merely shrugged and finished off the meat pie knowing he had eaten it a bit fast yes but it had been good, "We'll have to work that out soon. I don't want to be starving over lodgings and not being able to pay for repairs to my gear. Those things come first for me"
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:34 pm

Kyori continued eating her meal, delicately but half-rushed out of a habit, as Seruxis spoke. He did sound like a bottom-class commoner, in the end, making her wonder how had he afforded a sword and a suit of armour in the first place, but anyway. "Fine" she muttered. "I'll see what we'll do. I'll stuff you in a room somewhere, most likely" she offered, and continued eating, albeit more casually and with less of a rush than before.

Of course, she now had other things to worry. Kyori was afraid that she'd have to cope with the Seru-someone more than she had initially anticipated. Did she have to house him now too? Oh, she would definitely make him take a test sort of thing in order to check his patience. They had not started on the best terms, after all, so she might stand lucky and manage to get someone who could live on his own. That, or she'd have Seru live far from her.

"Yeah yeah yeah, whatever" she muttered. "Once we eat we'll have a proper dessert, you'll drink some wine to stop being so stiff, and I'll take you to my apartment. I might just let you sleep on my floor until we sort out your bedroom issue if it comes to the worst" she told him, and drank some of her wine. "It will only be temporary however, do not get any funny ideas" she warned him subsequently.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:51 pm

"Dessert sounds fine. No wine though...I have no tolerance for alcohol," the images of the last time he had went out to drink with some friends flashed through his mind. Not a pleasant memory expecially since his so called friends almost let a slut drag him home. However his thoughts quickly turned to the sleeping arrangments she had mentioned.

Stuffiing him in a room sounded like she was just going to put him in the first room she found probably the broom closet. Sleeping on the floor in her room? Not a chance....

"I'll sleep in the hall or on a couch rather then your room," he muttered back before taking a sip of his water, "It isn't right for two strangers to sleep in the same room without other people thinking something is up..."

Plus that also meant not having to deal with the shorter, slightly bossy , in his opinion, warden and have a little free time away. Perhaps though he was jut being foolish about his slight dislike of her...maybe he should at least try to get along with her since she was his warden and the person he would be trusting to watch his back in battle.

"Something will come up according to what Sharess wills, " he said confidently. Inside he prayed it didn't involved sleeping on the rug like a dog or something.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:43 pm

The warden actually smiled as she heard that Seruxis was not into alcohol. It was offering her some nearly vicious ideas, to be honest, though she was too shy to make any of them come true. Embarrassing a templar beyond belief was not something a warden should even consider doing, let alone actually do and commit. It would be a near-heretic criminal act, in Kyori's opinion... but still amusing, somehow, albeit improper.

"We'll see when we get over there. There's plenty of space for both of us. I'll come up with a plan for the rent issue too, and there will be no harm" Kyori stated plainly. Most likely she'd force him in the second, spare bedroom or something, and make him clean up the whole apartment instead of paying a rent. She quickly but casually finished her lunch, and eventually her wine as well, prior to putting her dish and glass away and crossing her arms on the table.

"Sharess will guide us and help us solve this small issue, do not worry. As of what others say... they can go have a lunch with berserkers for all I care" Kyori countered with pride and defiance. Besides she was not on the best of terms with basically... everyone else. They gossiped about her as it was. Though she would definitely not allow them to pair her with that tall monkey of a templar here, even if it was just in words.

"Any preferences for dessert?"
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:28 pm

He nodded about the rent and room and dropping the subject there. As long as she didn't excpect him to clean it would all work out in the in. He just couldn't keep things as neata most people wanted it to be. His method was to drop it on the floor and pick it up next time he needed it. Kyori defently did not look like that type.

Preferences for dessert...it was like an open invitation to paradise for there was only one thing he could think of as being the perfect dessert, "Chocolate covered strawberries" He said without hesitation with a conviction that was only matched by his faith to Sharess. "Of course if they have them here" he added quickly with a hint of eagerness hoping they did indeed have his favorite treat. If they did not he wouldn't show his dissapointment....a lot.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:21 pm

Kyori raised her hand briefly, giving signal to the waiter to come over and take the empty plates as well as a new order. She remained speechless with regards to Seruxis, at least for the moment. The smartly dressed waiter soon came, took the empty plates and cups, and listened to what the noble drowussu had to tell him. "Two sets of strawberries with chocolate, and two glasses of water if you would" she smiled at him, and he left.

"That's quite a coincidence" she told Seruxis. "I love chocolate and strawberries myself. Though I've never before tried them combined" she explained him with a smile. She then got serious as she spoke to him again, however. "Of course, if it's not worth it, the lunch is your treat" she said with a very serious stare, giving no sign of not being serious, although she knew she clearly wasn't.

But whatever. Messing with commoners was fun after all, and a little... humour did not hurt either. They could get to know each other better, right? After all, being and thinking seriously, she was pretty sure they'd have to stick together eventually. The thought of driving him out was one thing, but actually doing it was rather improper for a warden of her standing, especially one that led the attack on the demonshells not so long ago.

"So, what else do you like to eat?" she asked him, retaining her serious look, and even feeling like pulling a prank on him soon. That was quite rare for her... and he'd no doubt hate her after this, but what the abyss.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:02 am

Seruxis nearly started wide eyed at her when she said he would end up paying for this if they where bad. For this meal? He would end up having to do the dishes for weeks or end up doing something worse like having to sell of his armor, sword, and even the clothes from his back. There was no way however was he even going to suggest anything other then that.

"Hmm..." Seruxis said pondering the question for a second or two, "I like tea a lot expecially with some creme in it. Fried tikki can be good if prepared properly a bit smoked with some gravy poured over it...other then that I haven't really been treated to a lot of fine cusines in my lifetime,"

As the watier arrived with the treats he prayed to Sharess above she liked them or else he was surely going to be knee deep in dirty dishes battling the fiends known as filth and probably be the cleanest templar in the city after being soaked in the soapy suds. "Well enjoy," He said with a slight smile picking up one of the red fruits and dipping it slowly in the chocolate.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:48 pm

The warden took almost sadistic pleasure at her templar's response to her threat. Even if it wasn't a real one, it offered her an insight in his personality and habits, and more than obviously, this templar was either an impoverished noble or a well-off commoner who had taken up the mantle of serving Sharess. Which was good, but it was something that would have affected his habits, and Kyori Umrae'yirr needed to know if she would host him.

"Tea is good" Kyori nodded as the waiter arrived and began serving them. "Fried tikki, however... I admit I haven't tasted. Stuffed ones are interesting though" she countered and explained. "We'll correct that detail, for sure" she then added. "Social rank might not play a role in our relations, but I assure you that I will not be a tightpouch."

She look a look at her dish, her eyes seriously focused on it. Whole strawberries and creamy chocolate in a small bowl. It actually looked delicious. "I will try" she said, and took a small spoon and tried the chocolate first, a strawberry next. This was delicious. She didn't show it in her face, however, but instead kept going at a calm, really slow pace, looking at Seruxis for his reactions next.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:42 pm

He enjoyed the sweet fruits greatly and as always, dipped in creamy chocolate made it just all the more enjoyable. "One day I'll have to treat you to my mother's fried tiki. She has a great recipe for it she makes one in a while," he picked up another strawberry and ate this one slowly enjoying the treat while he could for as long as he could.

"So how do you like them?" He asked looking her in the face with absolute attention mostly because his finnacial future rode specifically on whether she would like the dish or not. He didn't want to appear overly tense but it was hard not to keep the slight hunch out of his shoulders, or the slightly intense look he was giving her awaiting impatiently for her verdict.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:53 pm

Kyori ate more strawberries, smiling appreciatively at Seruxis' invitation. "I will be looking forward to it, but, don't you think your mother will mistake our relationship for a non-professional one if you introduce me to her?" she asked. It would be a very embarrassing thing, especially to somebody with such vanity as Kyori that had still practically zero experience with such issues.

One more strawberry, some more chocolate. Seru seemed a bit impatient about the answer she would have to give to him. Instead of answering it she chose to change subjects, and reserve her reply for the end. All the better for her, in the end, and she could have a little off-duty fun with him being angsty about that all. Harmless fun, of course, which could be used to make them feel less spiteful about each other in the end.

"You know" she said, "just telling you know one of my ground rules. No talks about my past. I am amnesiac so I cannot remember much about it anyway" she explained. "Nothing at all" she affirmed, as if she was underlining the statement, and ate some more strawberries in the meanwhile. Although she did look as if she was enjoying them, it was a fifty-fifty chance if you judged by her face.

She'd be over with them soon. Until then...
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:14 pm

Seruxis rolled his eyes shaking his head to Kyori's question about his mother, "If I was to show up with a unicorn for dinner she would think we had a relationship. She thinks everyone I ever brought into the house had a relationship with me...Just ignore her and nod once and a while to pretend you even care what she is blabbering on about,"

His mother was a character, sweet but at times he truly thought she was loosing her marbles. He watched her eat another strawberry his eyes watching the whole spectacle feeling even more nervous about what she would say and really he didn't know why he was getting so worked up about this. Maybe it was because this was a first contact thing between them.

"I would bring your past up as long as you don't bring mine up"

He continued to watch intently hoping she would like them.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:53 pm

Kyori actually chuckled when Seruxis talked about his mother. "She sounds like a great, loving person" she admitted. "Mine... I actually do not remember well. I last saw her around the time I had my accident, that caused my amnesia... but I am pretty sure she is a nice one. Or at least I hope so" she said in return, her voice sounding less cheerful as she went on, until she eventually remained silent.

"Well, whatever" she said dismissively, and ate some more strawberries. She only had one left now, and her chocolate was also running out, but she seemed to take her time with those last two. The warden gave the templar a serious look, almost as if she was about to answer negatively to that question of his, before she eventually took the last strawberry, dipped it in chocolate, and ate it very seriously.

"Well" she finally said, before she took her spoon and finished the chocolate as well. She looked at him honestly and seriously. "Have I told you I love chocolate and strawberries/" she smiled at him, almost meanly, and drank her water. "There is no way the two together could be any worse than separate" she nodded. "Now, when you're done... we can go sort out your room issues."
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive