Tei'kaliath clan discussion and announcements.

Re: Path to Power: New Subscriber Introduction Thread!

Postby Hfar on Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:09 am

kimx1636 wrote:And yes, i think the harvesters will be a perfect place to earn some trust before we stab them in the ba-... i mean, make friends with them ^^

Just kidding, just kidding.
I luf this place, i wont do anything back stabbing.

So, we'll have to watch our fronts instead! Just kidding! XD We luf u 2!
We shall settle this in the ancient way. WITH A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Hermil on Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:50 am

Hi :)

I was so focused on getting vouching I forgot to post an introduction! :O

I'm Hermil, nice to meet you! I just got convinced to join by a friend and I agree now, it's really a lot of fun! Hope to gain forgiveness by the clan at some point :)
Hermil
Nether Spawn

Postby Soetome on Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:27 pm

hi to all the new people its nice to see all the special characters with such interesting backgrounds like all you former slavers
(volis may be a bit shy *blush* around you as she was a former slave before the fall ^^; , so you will seem intimidating to her)
Dyslexia yea thats right I can't spell stuff

To the last, I cuddle with thee; From Clans heart, I poke at thee; For Love's sake, I split my last cookie with thee

Volis Lugger of the Clan
Soetome
Nether Spawn

Postby Bamawing on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:20 pm

I've finally got my bearings (I think) but I decided that I didn't like my original character idea. Um, what kind of person does the clan need? *in desperate need of suggestions*
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby dukeant on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:31 pm

First off, welcome to the clan, its good to see a new face around, especially one with an interesting background(so far only a few have taken up the slave or slaver character backgrounds)
I believe Khanzalika is looking for more Overseers and Katralya could always use more harvesters
Really any profession is open(almost everyone is hiring), cept the scouts that is, i believe that for now they will be stayin at 6 members
but the others should all be open to new members, ask around and youll be sure to find out
Last edited by dukeant on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dukeant
Summoner

Postby Jeriah on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:35 pm

I'm afraid we already have one Clan jackarse already. I don't know if the Clan could handle another.

Unless you meant profession-wise. In which case, I believe the Overseers (Slavemaster) and technicians (Engineer) are in rather short supply. In regards to people we don't 'need', I believe the warriors and nurses are pretty much full. Scouts are pretty full up as well, but any other profession should welcome you with open arms.

Oh yes, Bamawing. Welcome to the insanity.
- Ank'iseth Samarrikh
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:17 am

Bamawing wrote:I've finally got my bearings (I think) but I decided that I didn't like my original character idea. Um, what kind of person does the clan need? *in desperate need of suggestions*

Go read the character list in the Census Table of Clan Tei'kaliath. There you can see what the other characters are like and make sure you don't accidently create a character that is just like someone else's.
What the clan needs most at the moment is more overseers to assist the Slave Master Kanzalika. ^^; It's a VERY unpopular job.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Bamawing on Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:17 am

Jeriah wrote:I'm afraid we already have one Clan jackarse already. I don't know if the Clan could handle another.

Nooooo!! *crying* I wanted to be the jackarse! Durn. I guess I'll have to be the village idiot. *wee* I've got an idea for a character now (thank you ALL!). Lemme check on some of the timing and come up with a name. For some reason, I've never had this much trouble with a name before... 8P
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Zafia on Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:23 pm

Bamawing wrote:Lemme check on some of the timing and come up with a name. For some reason, I've never had this much trouble with a name before... 8P

It's hard to come up with a "drowtales" sounding name, believe me, I know... But might I suggest going to the wiki and browsing the different clan pages for existing names, you might be able to find something that sounds alright my mixing up different parts of different names.
Zafia
Tainted

Postby Sabotender on Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:17 am

greetings all, Sabotender here.
Im generally new to Drowtales, though i have been a fan of all the free stuff for a couple of years. I bought the book and poster last year, and started my combo subscription a few days ago :)

Well, here is my character info:

Name: Gar'Krox Gender: Male
Background:
Gar'Krox was born on the surface and raised in a tribe of lizardmen. He was raised in chains as an arena fighter, but during a human attack on his tribe, he escaped. On the surface he never found any place that would accept him. He decided to go down to the underworld to find the drow that he had been born from. Hopefully they would respect his strength more.
Gar'Krox is a powerful fighter, he uses two enchanted chains in combat, one can be set ablaze at will, the other has an increased chance of defending him. Additionaly he also has sharp claws and fangs has and increased agility, due to his mixed blood. Although Gar'Krox suffers a short temper and a barbarian like personality, he still has the disciplined training that most drow warriors have. When traveling around the Underworld he stumbled across a clan of Drow that had been exiled. In need of worthy fighters, they decided to take along Gar'Krox.
Appearance:
Gar'Krox is a medium sized masculine male with a dark gray-green skin. He has green eyes, and scales on his back and shoulders. He sharp claws on both hands and feet, and a short tail. Gar'Krox wears a battle kilt (plain, no tartan) and a shoulder cape with clan logo on. He has medium length braided black hair.
Proffesion:
Gar'Krox is suited as a War Master, or a Slavemaster. HIs third choice would be scout, as long as he is promised some killing :D (he gets a little bloodthirsty from time to time)

(PS. i am working on a picture of him as we speak, may take some time though, as i left my wacom at home (i am currently on summer holidays away from where i study))
(PPS. I hope Gar'Krox makes it into the Visual Roleplay some day :D)
Path to Power character:
- Izz'lochar Shyn'Tyrr

On the ceiling of the cavern high above the Tei'kaliath ruins, Izz'lochar Shyn'tyrr wrote:I was here!
Sabotender
Nether Seed

Postby Hermil on Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:24 am

Welcome :)

Ithink there's another thread for posting characters. * 8)
Hermil
Nether Spawn

Postby Thalar on Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:31 am

Velkommen ^^
Inspirert av D&D? I Tei'kaliath finnes det bare drowolath, ingen halfbreeds. I tillegg er ikke vi heltene, An'jhali er. :D

Hermil wrote:Ithink there's another thread for posting characters. * 8)

Yes, there's the viewtopic.php?f=73&t=10926&start=300 registration thread.

All you need to be hired by anyone is a name tho. Here's how you can apply for an assistant job.

The name field is the only required field.

After completing this, post in the relevant thread (Slavemaster is looking for more Overseers, Warmaster is probably not adverse to getting another warrior. I don't think the scouts are recruiting atm) that you'd like to join as an assistant. :)
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Rulishia on Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:17 am

Great to meet you Sabotender!

Just... I think your character is a bit out of place for P2P. We have had no contact with the surface, half-breeds, etc.
Our old Clan home did have Dark Elves and a lot of lore/knowledge from the surface, but we were isolated from both the main Chel'el'sussoloth cavern and the surface. Also, for those who track the religious aspect of DT, we don't really know much of Sharess as well.
Rulishia (formerly of the House of Mithran)
Squad Cute... wait, no... WYVERN!!! - Dini Nidinas, Nar'kaller, Yasha, Ys'sa (the Originals)
ImageMy little Ceru! ^.^ Image Serene! Image Leon!
Rulishia
Demon

Postby Sabotender on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:15 am

Thalar wrote:Inspirert av D&D? )

yepp, Gar'Krox er en av mine karakterer jeg spiller med i Hamar :)

sorry, dont mean to stray from english, its just unsual to meet someone who speaks norwegian ^^
what i said to Thalar was that Gar'Krox is based heavily on one of my Dungeaons & Dragons characters i play as.

I would like some suggestions as to how I can more adapt him to Drowtales.
My thought was that an underworld scout party attacked a lizardmen camp on the surface, somehow this led to Gar'Krox being concieved (doing what Drowolath do best :P)
The reason his "race" is Lizard/Drow is because those on the surface cant see any differance between Drowolath and Drowussu.

The only real thing that is important to keep is his personallity though. Any background information can be changed to fit Drowtales more.
However i would like to keep him half lizard (could be a magical thing), this because i have started colouring my picture of him :P
Path to Power character:
- Izz'lochar Shyn'Tyrr

On the ceiling of the cavern high above the Tei'kaliath ruins, Izz'lochar Shyn'tyrr wrote:I was here!
Sabotender
Nether Seed

Postby Madea on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:41 am

My sincere apologies, mate, but really... by the time your character would be completely adapted to the drowtales world and, more specifically, to Tei'kaliath, he'd likely only have his name left over.

I'm sure you're attached to your character - we all have our dearly beloved ^^ - but I would sincerely suggest reading up on the world setting and the rules for this game, and start from scratch. Everything, from culture to magic, is different from what you're probably used to.

If you have any questions specifically about character building, head on over to viewtopic.php?f=73&t=10925&start=195 and ask them here. :3 We're more than willing to help!
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!
Clan: Sharen

PreviousNext

Return to Path to Power