The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: EA Updated: Day 13 - Early

Postby Hetros on Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:05 am

Meska369 wrote:LOL!

That's the next goal. I had to try to see if pure mana would work without one.

Next we get a stone and try that, if it works, then pipes.

oh... *feels embarrassed for shouting* sorry *doh* I just feel like I've been saying it for a while now lol ^^; just ignore me and my poor frazzeled mind (damn you ACTS, damn you straight to hell... and back... and to hell again, except stopping in Heck to chafe a bit in heck's unbearbly moist heat... THEN going to hell on the second trip.)
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Meska369 on Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:11 am

aww....

*huggles her friend*

Your so CUTE! No feel bad Het, no feel bad!
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Serantis on Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:53 pm

The scouts are currently away up north and unfortunatly unable to intercept our new guest, so i would go to Shiir and his warriors.
((Please if this is a little late ive been unable to post or get online for awhile so please forgive my ignorance on our current situation.))
Serantis
Demon

Postby Kail'odian on Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:21 pm

Serantis wrote:The scouts are currently away up north and unfortunatly unable to intercept our new guest, so i would go to Shiir and his warriors.
((Please if this is a little late ive been unable to post or get online for awhile so please forgive my ignorance on our current situation.))

Don't worry about it Serantis. ^^
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby kirio on Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:51 am

A quick thought about the carts we've seen and using them to gather clay or transport food from the river.
Unless I'm mistaken Kern has avoided this suggestion at least twice. The reason is probably that the ground is too rough for a cart. Holes, stones, and steep slopes render a cart useless. We may only be able to use the carts in the ruins and on the path leading to the mine (guarded by the golems) and Chel. ^^;
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Dice Warwick on Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:29 am

Good news bad news.

Good: these Girls don't look like there from a clan, or very well supplied.

Bad: They do look as their part of some organized group, and their better armed then us.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Leader Archive Updated: Day 12 - Late

Postby kuma on Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:47 am

kuma wrote:I just volunteered to be a herald in the shoutbox if this situation needs it.

my character is willing to do any thing to repay the debt she feels she has to our new clan and Ill`haress, even dying.

Though of course, if she dies no mushroom beer XD

I have already said it once, and I`m still willing to go if our Ill'haress wishes it.
kuma
Tainted

Postby Finish on Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:50 am

Dice Warwick wrote:Good news bad news.

Good: these Girls don't look like there from a clan, or very well supplied.

Bad: They do look as their part of some organized group, and their better armed then us.

See it as a advantage, if we kill them we get there weapons. ;) Their armours looks like patchwork stuff as well as their cloaks. If they are slave hunters they aren't were successful or new in that buisness. Cloud also be a group of bandits. I would prefer that last thing to be honest. We can talk with bandits, while slave hunters automatically would see us as prey. But all that are speculations, we know more if we talk to them. :)
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Jeriah on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:14 am

kuma wrote:I have already said it once, and I`m still willing to go if our Ill'haress wishes it.

I'm no lush, but if we lose you, who will make the beer? Heh.

I agree with most of Finish's observations. Admittingly, it could be a ruse by using ghetto armor, but I'm sure the advantage of appearing to be of higher standing/development would bear a greater intimidation factor, so that option is unlikely. The common insignia would suggest a fair level of organization/pride and they have a large beast burdening unknown quantities of various supplies. I would think bandits and slave traders wouldn't announce their arrival so boldly and would prefer a sneak attack instead, so I wouldn't assume the group's intentions are necessarily aggressive. But we can sit here all week and speculate or we can send someone in to open communications and get the lowdown. I (Ank'iseth) have a scholarly background, so I may be a good candidate to act as the negotiating voice. However, Kuma called dibs, so I'll remain in reserve.
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby PenDragon on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:26 am

Mercenaries. That's what I bet they are.

Unlike the slaves, it's obvious that these people are experienced, so we cannot stand against that and not lose people. Talking it out is best. But from the looks of them, we'll need someone who can relate to the mercenary life in order to connect with them. I recommend a soldier or mercenary from our own side. And we should have every able-bodied civilian on call to defend if necessary.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby kuma on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:30 am

Jeriah wrote:
kuma wrote:I have already said it once, and I`m still willing to go if our Ill'haress wishes it.

I'm no lush, but if we lose you, who will make the beer? Heh.

Well, that`s up to Kern. Though I`m also wondering, how would the game mechanism handle the death of a paying member...? Any case though, I have faith in Kern, even if he kills my character. After all isn`t this a RPG? :A
kuma
Tainted

Postby kuma on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:37 am

PenDragon wrote:Mercenaries. That's what I bet they are.

Unlike the slaves, it's obvious that these people are experienced, so we cannot stand against that and not lose people. Talking it out is best. But from the looks of them, we'll need someone who can relate to the mercenary life in order to connect with them. I recommend a soldier or mercenary from our own side. And we should have every able-bodied civilian on call to defend if necessary.

If they are mercenaries I don`t think it matters who we send, however are they paid to kill us they`re going to try. If not they`re looking for work and wouldn`t be hostile to potential costumers. *hmmm*
kuma
Tainted

Postby Meska369 on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:53 am

What if they are not expecting US here, but instead the escaped slaves, as in the last residents of this place that they met?

Think about it. They might have struck some kind of a deal with the slaves about food/water/whatever in exchange for something. Maybe they want a place to rest or have already been using the ruins for years as a cimi-camp.

Or this is what a Slave hunting group looks like.
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Nagimalice on Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:11 am

I dunno I'd say that Slave Hunters would work on more of a smash and grab type of attack, not stand around boldly. After all would give their targets too much time to escape. Don't forget that most of the escaped slaves in the ruins seemed to be 'sold' or otherwise indentured first, not necessarily captured.

So i'd say our best hope is that they are either mercenaries or some form of caravan, that either saw the lights and came to look, or used this like a way point like Meska said.
Nagimalice
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby PenDragon on Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:21 am

We'll just have to wait and see. But I don't like the looks of them, that's for sure... *ooo*
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre