Tei'kaliath clan discussion and announcements.

Postby Lady Tenkage on Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:44 pm

Yokoso, minna-san! We're all very glad to have you! And did I hear mention of anime? :> May I just say that I am a long-time otaku and cosplayer, and I always love talking about anime, manga, and whatever else is related. Anybody else attending Anime Expo 2008 this year??
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Serantis on Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:18 pm

Id love to but i doubt ill have the funds until my car is payed off , Btw what Animes are you watching or are you favorites Ten_Chan? Im currently only watching Bleach and Naruto which i get of a torrent site Uncut and subbed .

But im always looking for new series to watch .
Serantis
Demon

Postby Nerev on Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:10 am

Martian Successor Nadesico. Old, but good. If you're into cannabis though, you can't do much better than Excel Saga or FLCL. Evangelion's for the heavy drinkers, and Ghost in the Shell for all of you who dig philosophy, absinthe, or some madcap mix of the two.
Nerev
Summoner

Location: If only my gi was oranger I could grow a monkey tail.
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Jaibyrd on Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:26 am

I'm watching the new Naruto: Shippuuden series, Gundam 00 and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya all of which I highly recommend.

I also second Ghost in the Shell. I am such a GitS nut. I found plushie Tachikomas on eBay the other day, man I wanted one... ;)
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby Lord Stone on Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:04 pm

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is an anime which I'd recommend to any anime fan. Also, do watch it in the original order, as broadcasted on Japanese TV, and not in the chronological order. For some reason those bastards who published the DVDs in America decided to change the episode order to chronological.

I'm not even going to start on the series I'm following, because I'd be ranting forever. I own about 400 mangas and have a reasonably sized anime DVD collection (though I download quite a few series)

I won't be showing up on conventions in America though because that's a bit far away for me :-p
Lord Stone
Nether Spawn

Postby kirio on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:00 pm

Manga?! Did you say Manga?
I've a manga collection of over two thousand 200 page comic reprints, in the original Japanese, 30 lazer disks, 70 video tapes, and an assortment of hard cover reprints of such classics as Kamuiden by Shinpei Shirato and The Firebird by Osamu Tezuka Not to mention the entire run of Lupin III its first incarnation as a TV series in the early 70's and most of its movies. Sadly, some of my favorites have never been translated. Kamui in the US was actually the last year of Kamui Gaiden. The art is of course first rate but it doesn't hold a candle to the story it's a spin-off from. I don't think Dr. Tezuka's The Firebird had been translated, yet, either. His TV series Astro Boy was the first Japanese anime ever translated into English, though. I'm a little behind the times these days. My kids read One Piece and Naruto and a couple of newer ones whose titles escape me at the moment. I read Monthly KC Afternoon a phonebook size manga magazine that carries 30 or so 20 page comics each issue. That's the mag that still publishes Oh My Goddess which just celebrated its 20th year! It also has Sword of the Immortal. I started out as a fan of Speed Racer (Mahha Go) and Kimba the White Lion (Janguru Taitei) as a kid in the early 70's.
(@_@) I may be a bit obscessed but it sure has done wonders for my Japanese reading ability! These days the Japanese language newspaper is a snap!

BTW, if you're looking for a tasty affordable absinthe try Kubler 65. It's so smoothe you don't need any sugar! :9
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Thalar on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:10 pm

I have a few shelves full of manga, symbols of too much cash spent XD
Currently reading Excel Saga (because it makes me laugh), XXXholic, Hellsing and Monster, as well as a few others which I am holding off buying for the time being. I don't watch that much in the way of anime mainly because it costs even more than the mangas. I think the only complete series I have is Maison Ikkoku, FLCL and the Uzumaki triology, but I have quite a few unfinished ones, some which it seems my local store either no longer imports, or it's been cancelled somehow. And others which have either caught up with Japanese releases or are awaiting translation, or I'm holding off buying them for more economical reasons. Waiting sucks.
I sometimes buy a manga simply for the drawing style :oops:
Oo and I heard there was another GITS book coming out, something about it being set between the first and second? *drools at the very thought*

I'm thinking maybe we should have a manga/anime discussion thread instead of cluttering the introduction thread tho :)
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Q on Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:38 pm

seriously, what a moderator you are >:3
Q
Demon

Postby Thalar on Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:03 pm

yeah, and you're a real smooth talker ;P
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Serantis on Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:52 pm

Wow what did i get started here O.o

I agree a new thread would work i have a few series on Dvd like Umm Berserk and Samurai deeper Kyo a few more but i digress , Ive seen almost everything mentioned here And Gits is one of my all time favorites.

Ok ok someone make a new thread =)
Serantis
Demon

Postby Hellsion on Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:48 am

....oookaaaaay.

well horay I finally subscribeded and now I'm poor again!!!1YAAAAAAAy....

I am Hellsion, the original Hellsion. stand in the glory of my name!

*cough* anyways.

I'm a girl.grrrrrrul. I live in south texas near the border, I love them tamales.

I love drawing, so much I've ruined a lot of official papers by drawing on them. Horses are my specialty, I've been drawing them since I could hold a pencil, however don't look to me for realistic looking horses like davinci type drawings, oh and I hate dreamworks-like horses (like spirit and that horse from el Dorado).

writing is my second passion, I've more than five stories in my head but not enough time to write them out.

I have three comics in production at the moment, two of which are on the web. (on smackjeeves.com).

super intresting fact about me: I've been homeless more than once along with my entire family (mom, younger brother, and younger sister).

was that too much?
Hellsion
Vel'akar

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Nerev on Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:54 am

Oh hell yes. More fellow Texans. *loads AK, awaits inevitable shootout*
Nerev
Summoner

Location: If only my gi was oranger I could grow a monkey tail.
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Frost Indri on Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:48 pm

Welcome to the clan, or at least the active talking part of it. ^_^ We encourage you to add your name to the helpers, particularly the warriors or the Harvesters, since they need the most in numbers.

So, do you ride horses at all or just draw them?
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Serantis on Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:54 pm

Greeting hello and welcome , its nice to see more people joining the forums. =)

Also when i was like 15-16 i used to help my uncle break horses and train quarter horse ... never actually competed or anything but it was fun non the less .
Serantis
Demon

Postby Hellsion on Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:34 am

Frost Indri wrote:Welcome to the clan, or at least the active talking part of it. ^_^ We encourage you to add your name to the helpers, particularly the warriors or the Harvesters, since they need the most in numbers.

So, do you ride horses at all or just draw them?

can I just be a lazy bum? *beer* the only lazy bum in the entire clan?...

as for horses...I've only ridden a horse once in my entire life, down in mexico. I enjoyed all ten minutes of it. But now I'm am sad, since I will probobly never get to ride a horse again... :(
Hellsion
Vel'akar

Clan: Valley'gurl

PreviousNext

Return to Path to Power