The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Katralya's Supply Docks.

Postby Zorlond on Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:54 am

Alrighty. Here's how things work. Each player has, in point of fact, one counterpart character in the game of Path to Power. They may or may not be visible. Heck, they might never reach visibility on the pages. But they are there. What does this mean? It means that each player can volunteer their character to perform a general role within the clan of Tei'Kaliath. It's not a specific action. It's a job, just a role to be performed.

Are you stuck in one job in PtP? Nope. If something better comes along, you can volunteer for that, and you'll move on over. But right now, there's only one job. It's not glamorous. But it is valuable.

The Harvesters.

The ones who go out to the source of food, collect it, then return with it loaded on their backs so that it can be sorted, stored, distributed, and eaten. A vital job. Everybody needs food, even drow. And with the success of this job, others will no doubt become available, but the harvest needs to be brought in, first.

This thread is for any and all volunteers to state their desire to become a Harvester. If you'd prefer, you can privately message me on this forum and I will quietly slip your name to Kern. With all that said, please form an orderly line, state your name, and place your mark here...

(Edit: From the fingers of Kern: You can upgrade from a trained position to a ranked position anytime. But from rank to rank is much harder. So a rank should be considered well before taken.)

(Apparently I was overstepping a tad. I'm not certain if this means a complete ban on changing non-ranked jobs or just significant downtime/restrictions between changes. But still, this job is pretty important.)
Last edited by Zorlond on Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zorlond
Vel'akar

Postby Frost Indri on Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:00 am

Ka'hab raises her hand from her (well fed) seat on the ground.
"When you don't need me for taste testing, I'm happy to help gather." She shruggs and takes another bite of the bland algee loaf. "Besides, It'd be nice to get a look around our imediate areas."
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Meska369 on Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:09 am

I am QUITE willing and happy to provide my back and energy to the feeding of my people. While I might start tossing rocks at nameless/faceless folk who will not contribute to this first and VITAL action, I will not hate them... (no this is NOT directed at players. I'm talking as my character here)

If you like, I can also look for and bring any mineral salts that might be leaching out of the sediment. Also, clayes can be a good source of other minerals we need. It will stay at bottom of pot and can be mixed into the loaves, the clay will not be noticed, and should improve the taste.

*goes back to her job*
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Hetros on Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:11 am

edited: see post below>
Last edited by Hetros on Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Thorn on Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:59 am

Ro'sij raises her smallish hand "I'll help out with the salt as well. And gathering food."

(Also, we WILL get our normal jobs, right? XD)
Thorn
Demon

Postby Zorlond on Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:17 am

Um, previous posters, kindly read the edit above, and I will fully understand if you wish to withdraw your offer to be a Harvester.
Zorlond
Vel'akar

Postby Frost Indri on Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:27 am

Wait, does that mean that this is a ranked position? Cause if it is, I'm holding out for a different thing. If its not a ranked position, then I'm still in. I just want to be helping and participating.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Thorn on Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:42 am

Ditto with Frost.
Thorn
Demon

Postby Hetros on Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:49 am

yeah... my rp calls for me to wait till an armorer rank is available, and then if I can't manage to get it. (and I'll seriously contemplate stangling the person who takes it before me, no offense, I've just tooled my RP for it, and I'll be extremely disappointed if someone nabs it first) And failing that a unranked armor smith position.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Meska369 on Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:16 am

I want to help BAD!

If it's a ranked possition.. that is cool too, but not needed to be. If not, then other positions can still be had.

I mean I wanted to help gather stuff and use my mineral/rock/dirt mining/whaterver knowlege to the best bennifite of the Clan.

Hetros-

Yeah me too. I wanna mine! get materials for us to make our clan great. Supply YOU and the other artisans too.

If this Harvester thing is that end result niffty! if not, then it is something I can shoot for AFTER our immediate needs are met.
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Thorn on Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:19 am

And lets not forget the smashing and slashing of our future military might of our clan!

>:3
Thorn
Demon

Postby Lordof??? on Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:35 am

Until I can do otherwise i'll assist with collecting food and processing it, but i won't be stuck in this job.

I will help until such time as my skills can be put to better use elsewhere.
Lordof???
Summoner

Postby AuroraDragonKaya on Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:42 am

No, harvesters are NOT a ranked position. They're for the faceless crowd. Basically, your turning yourself into a resource for the clan, instead of sitting their taking room.

What Zorlonds edit implies, I assume, is it'd be slightly difficult to go from a non ranked harvester to a non ranked soldier.
Going from a non ranked harvester to a ranked soldier/warmaster/whatever, however, would, in fact, be easy. :3
AuroraDragonKaya
Demon

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Lordof??? on Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:05 am

I have no problems at all then with pitching in whole heartedly into the effort for getting more food.
Lordof???
Summoner

Postby Q on Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:30 pm

changing ranks :

not a problem to go from a non-rank to a non-rank ( harvester to... tester ? )
problem to go from rank to rank : pay 10$, cancel your rank, subscribe to new rank, 10$ more, so 20$ in the month.
Q
Demon

Next

Return to Community Centre