Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Leisure Area and the Pillar of Light [PUBLIC]

Postby Raeklore » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:04 pm

In her wounded stat, there was no keeping her balance, but, Poe was much relieved and excited to hear a friendly voice. Tumbling off, Poe curled up her legs and tried to make herself easier to be caught by the hybrid.

Me'ska's disappearnce from under her, came much to quick for the drider to react to. So, after the Soul Seeker went charging under her, she hit the ground with a thud. It was only 20 feet, so her upper body, wounded already as it was only battered more. Her spider body, for all it's fearsomeness, was more fragile and the impact of that height really hurt.

She hurt to much to scream.

Laying on the ground, the crumpled creature thinks this may be the end. "No strength for magic, dropped my spear...what can I do?" Her hand then goes to her hip as she remembers her other weapon. A holstered pistol crossbow.

She draws it out and trains it shakily at the Soul Seeker. "What am I doing? What can this little dart do to him?"
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby Kalandrin » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:23 pm

Kalandrin frowned upon noticing the further ongoings, and quickly adopted a dual-function battle position allowing her swift change from offence to defence. Her front pair of legs, raised defensively and with their protection enhanced by 'greaves', were ready to give a sharp, quick push, or even attempt to grab an opponent that would arise. All in all, the Ne'kalsaider's mind ignored Dee's prompting and planned ahead of time, to figure out how to bead the dangerous opponent. At least, however, she had the advantage of speed, given she was a lot less armoured than the plated Soulseeker.

"Gosser, get E'apoe!" The Ne'kalsaider's voice echoed sharply and aggressively, showing concern as she focused and tried to interpret who was with who over here. Simutaneously, she made a quick, sharp movement forward, with a feint attack meant to disturb the Soulseeker and give Gosser the needed time to do as she commanded. From that point on, she would count on her speed to avoid blows and begin tiring her more prone to get exhausted opponent, while trying to exploit any mistakes he would make.
Hostis humani generis ad infinitum. Compos mentis ad MCMXXCIX.

[The Good | The Bad | The Ass | The Badass]
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby kembaru » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:43 pm

((Jacking once more...))

In the Soul Seeker's mind not much was going on, there was pain in his neck, dull due to the taint but it was there, his breathing was a little laboured, but other than that his body was in working order, no sense wasting that.

Kalandrin's feint was met with... nothing, he didn't move to block or dodge, he just seemed to expect his armor to absorb the attack as he drew back an arm and removed the dagger from his throat with a squelch. To think that any high ranking soldier had only mere weapons at his disposal was a foolish mistake to make and as the knife clattered on the ground a wide wave of raw mana blasted out from him in all directions, not to do much damage but throw back his opponents to thin the crowd.

At this range it would be very hard to dodge such an attack, and the Soul Seeker had all the finesse of a sledgehammer as he turned to charge the two wounded.

"Your soul is mine!" He roared in rage and pain.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Meska369 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:06 am

(You know what is really funny? I had ment that Meska had gone along the 20 foot high ledge to catch Poe up there, not 20 feet down. LOL Oh well. *shruggs*

Also, Kem is totaly correct , please do not think I was exspecting a "easy" fight. The daggar that hit the seeker was just her trying to keep him distracted and hopefully hit an artery. That is why it did NOT. Just a nick of his vocal cords, that could turn him mute with too bellows or yells. Had taken a look at the seeker help on the world pages and thought it hitting was a exrsteamly hard chance. She made it, but she might not have much more luck then that.

*laughs evily before trying to figure out what to write* hmm...)

In hind-sight, as she was shouldered away from her possition by a painfull armored shoulder, she really should have seen this comming. somehow, in her need to get to Poe and attack the aggressor, she had not kept herself up along the upper ledge as she had intended. Instead, her more angery and primitive self had brought her closer to The Seeker and only THEN did she attempt to catch a Drider who was going to fall on her.

Really.. What the hell was I thinking??? Yipe!

Meska rolled forwards with a yip of pain, Poe missing her as she hit the ground, and came back up on her feet at the end...just bearly shy of hitting the wall in front of her.

GODDESS! CLOSE! POE!

She lept up and touched the wall with her left foot and sentherself out and to Poe's left as the hybrid's body rotated in the air. She landed into a low crouch next to her friend and noted how the Drideress's body lay and moved.

She's in pain. Probubly weak. Hasen't already gotten up. She may not be able to get away even if I run interferance. Have to help her regroup...

Meska reached into her tunic and pulled out a couple of vials as she turned to take a look at her friend and also see what the madman was doing as he charged into the crowd. She pulled off her mask and looked Poe over again.

" POE! POE! Look at me. Take these and drink..just drink them. Afterwards, I want you to run if you can. Meet me in the Market, usual place..., she said hurredly as she opened the bottle's corks with her teeth and handed them to the girl, "Now drink these and get your ass out of here.".

(A clotting agent made from naturaly occuringherbs, roots, and seeds of many plants from the surface and below. and the second Vial is a Pain Blocker to numb her mind of her injuries.)

Her eyes looked back at the male stopping his run, her fingers unclasping her hood and then setting it atop Poe's shoulders. She closed the clasp and pulled up the hood before turning around and whispering in her low husky voice, "Take this to hide yourself in. I don't need it right now.". Her "devil-eyes" held the Drider's gaze and a hand touched her cheek as she whispered, "I guess This is my payback for your saving me last time. I'll be ok... Tell Mother I said cor'sin'liuce when you get to the Enclave. She'll know.".

I...I'm going to die for her... I guess I always knew it... Too bad I never told you how I feel about you. I guess this is goodbye Lovely... Meet you on the other side...

As she started to pull back with regret, the mana wave hit her from behind and she was suddenly tightly hugging Poe. She let out a small laugh before impulsiivly Kissing Drider's lips with an impish smile and turning around. after leaving Poe her facemask. The Male Seeker had pulled out her dagger and was now headed back their way as he bellowed something about souls.

Come and try to take it you twisted excuse of a man. The only being in all of this world that can claim it is behind me, I gave it to her a long time ago. Your not going to live long enough to take it away from her.

For some reason she was NOT entering a Bezerker's rage. Her head was clear and her martial skills unhindered as she faced him. Two curved daggars, about the length of her forearms, were unsheathed from behind her back. Each glowed according to the Gem that was imbeded into the handles. One Green, and one Blue. Her own Eyes that matched the blade's glowed a bit when she again grinned widely. PayLor was behind him and comeing to help.

YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!
Last edited by Meska369 on Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby kembaru » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:48 am

((Still Jacking...))

The Soul Seeker... stopped his charge for a minute and went red, or at least had a sheen of red about him as he stopped and focused, his aura hardening about him as just one more layer of armor, a form fitting mana shield so to speak.

And then, he resumed his charge, and he did not swing at Meska, or even so much as acknowledge her, he wanted blood, but more importantly, he wanted E'apoe's blood, the others would die momentarily once he was done, and he just charged, gaining momentum and protected by his shield he just ran forward so as to smash through Meska, knock her down and over run her so he could get to his target.

Take out the weakest, take their souls, the strong would fall later.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Faithen » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:03 am

[i]The Noble Sighed, and slowly stood up. walking towards the battle he began to focus on the Soul seeker, Distraction. he coudn't do much, but he could make the man's senses go apeshit. he did just that, random blips in his periphial vision, little sensations of light pain as if a small child was hitting him. If only he hadn't given his dagger away, soul seeker or not that neurotoxin would of made short work of him if he ever got the blade in.

Still, he wasn't done, the crazy Demon worshippers were his clan's allies.

Soul Seeker, Lay off your Assault.
His voice was loud and clear, and he laid off his previous attempt at distraction, focusing purely on making the Soulseeker want to abide by his words.

Take yourself elsewhere, and i Will deliver what you were sent for in a nice little package. a few of these people are my agents, I will make sure this all gets settled, and those responcible for acting out of line will be Punished.. Be Off.
This was his last bait and switch, a coup de grace. He halted his persuasive intents, and focused some more. The urge to leave would be implanted.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Location: sitting in the corner, well within sight even though you'd rather him be elsewhere

Postby kembaru » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:30 am

((Jack-o-mundo!))

The Seeker stopped in his charge as he started to experience strangeness about his senses, still the shield was up but beneath it he rubbed his face as he turned to look at the Sharen who called him out. And then his train of thoughts were interrupted in a way that he knew for a fact would never logically happen.

L'Tuain't would feel his magic shatter under the Seeker's will as he dispelled it with ease.

"I obey only my mistress, Sharen. And I can take what I came for right now without your help!" It seemed that clan pride and the fact that the Vloz'ress were seeking independance from the Sharen made it so that controlling his mind was out of the question. The Seeker, turned back towards his charge and marched forward more calmly this time, shouldering an axe as he did so.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Faithen » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:56 am

At this, the Sharen noble narrowed his eyes, he put his tongue flat against his lips and blew, producing a shrill whistle, what Sharen Guards there were would turn, and the noble would motion for them to come over.

Out of what there were, three came. One was a Officer, Female. Adorned in the usual Vel'sharen soldier armor, and weilding a Halberd, the other two were like wise female, but both carried a uniform sword and sheild, A simple Kite sheild and Long sword combo. lastly his other hand went to the side, low motioning for Dee to come, if he would.

You have my Offer friend. You accomplish your mission, I keep my underlings alive, I am not yet ready to replace them. I commend your loyalty, but you forget who runs this city, please take my good grace, I would rather not have to put bloodshed between our clans.

You have my word your mission will be delivered to you, and that the others will be punished.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Location: sitting in the corner, well within sight even though you'd rather him be elsewhere

Postby Ulnan » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:01 am

It had been a long day on the trail. There was never any shortage of them. And he had chased them to the upper levels of the pillar where they jumped to get away, traitors and cowards.

Ulnan rode a dragon, not a real one but rather the kinds of lizards bred by the Sharen to be like smaller dragons, not much larger than a regular riding lizard, the difference being mainly that it was a predator and that suited him well. The Vel'Sharen soldier stopped for the barest moment as he heard a loud whistle; a signal and at that his mount pounded off towards what looked like a fight. One of the patrols was already there and he hung in the back, Sharen heavy cavalry was added to the ranks.
Ulnan
Tainted

Postby kembaru » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:21 am

((Stiiiilll jackiiiinnng.))

The Seeker stopped and snorted, spitting up a gob of blood from through the jaw-like opening in his visor.

"you can keep your underlings Sharen, I won't hurt them so long as you get them away from me. But that one," He pointed and armored finger at E'apoe, "Is a Vloz'ress, not your underling, and has been working for my mistress for many years now."

Dee obligingly rose from his seat, and walked tall towards L'tuain't, however he did not make a motion to go for either of his weapons on him, sheathed at his waist were a rapier and a dagger. He just stood there lazily beside his companion.

"The Beldrobbaen drider protects her. Which means she has defected from our clan, and you will not deny us the right to execute traitors to our cause." Continued the Seeker, "We take her now and this is over, call off your underlings and they won't get hurt, they have no business here anyway."
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Faithen » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:32 am

A pity, I will send Your Mistress my condolences that you were killed by a greyskin patrol under our watch.

With that, he Smiled. Even though he liked to present himself as one, he wasn't quite a saint. stepping back he motioned for those who would follow his lead to bring the Soul seeker down.

Immediately the two Lower ranking guards stepped forward, approaching the Soul taker with their sheilds locked together and their swords down to the side, closing in on him as the Officer slowly circled around to his flank, readying her halberd.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Postby kembaru » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:19 am

((Feel free to interrupt me any time if I'm doing wrong, people...))

The Seeker practically snarled at L'tuain't as he threatened his life, sure he didn't stand much chance against all gathered, but at least he could take the head from the one he'd come for in the first place. He charged, shields up and axes raised and would continue to do so no matter what, nothing short of decapitation would stop this charge, and to decapitate him you'd have to dispell his shield first, and by the time that was done he'd have an ax in something squishy.

Meska was between E'apoe and the Seeker, he swung at her wildly, and if he hit she was wounded, if he didn't she'd have to dodge because with no armor that's the best way to not be hurt by an ax. Either way it would buy him the opening to charge past and get to his prey.

Dee in the meantime was watching all this with a look of sheer static boredom, he didn't know why he had been called over and particularly he didn't care, the Vloz'ress was on his way to the abyss no matter what he did and he wanted to take someone with him. He didn't know this drider and as such he didn't really give a flying rat's arse. What concerned him though was this Sharen's willingness to kill someone he'd never met on a wimb, and at this observation Dee rested a gauntletted hand on his sword.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Ulnan » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:27 am

"I expected no less from that greyskinned beast." Ulnan muttered as he urged his mount forward to be next to the noble giving the orders and drew his sword, it was a campaigner's blade; balanced enough to be used in one hand but with a handle long enough to be wielded in both.

"I hope you have a damn good reason to be killing this man." inquired the self-dubbed inquisitor in a tone suggesting that either one of two heads could roll.
Ulnan
Tainted

Postby Meska369 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:38 am

Meska had not used the pauses in the Seekers Charge unwisely. When he seemed to speak to the air she had quickly re-sheathed her right dagger and pulled out another vial. She popped the cork out and sucked it down her throat moments before her tongue, teeth, throat, face and eventually whole body started to feel more numb. The pains from earlier in the tavern were forgotten and the ones from the "caravan" were dulled down sufficiently to allow her to not really care about them any more then she really wanted to. The halving of her body's pain made her relax her stance as she tossed the vial off to the side.

Better. Hope he keeps talking. I can do a little more prep.

The other dagger was re-sheathed before they were drawn again at a funny angle. If anyone was looking for it, they could see the sticky thick whitish substance that now coated each blade and dripped a bit off of the tips.

Then the woman did something very odd. She began to dance.

Something of a rhythmic and flowing motion of her body and feet took her back and forth then side to side with graceful arm movements that complemented and balanced her form. This was her ART. It was something she had developed for over Twenty years of training and experimentation. Beautiful, yet beneath that beauty was something else.

The S'uto'zvu Katas. Through the experience of thousands of fights, the Artist had determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any fight is a statistically predictable element. The S'uto'zvu kata treats the dance as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of your opponent's weapons. By the rote mastery of this art, your Fighting efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. If the practitioner adds small hand weapons, the efficiency increases by another 50%. The difference of a 113% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the S'uto'zvu katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.

As far as The creator of S'uto'zvu knew, she was the only Master.

Meska waited until he was slashing at her to utilize her art. Good for her, BAD for him.

She Dropped to the ground in a crouch, but with her right leg stuck out to the side and rolled forward as he closed on her. She was just about even with him, but to his right side, when his leg hit her own. She let it strike for it spun her around-to now face the back of his own legs. The foot she had been crouching on now was used to launch herself forward as her twin blades, held reverse, Sliced through the cloth on the back of his knees and into his very flesh. Milliseconds went by as the curved daggers bit in and severed most of the tendons on his lower thigh, left the knees and moved with her hands as she finished the strokes.

The glow from her daggers had extinguished, their creation now utilized. The Aura shield of the Seeker had been eliminated by the powerful disenchant that had been planned for just such a situation. An assassin never knew when a magic shield might be used against them or keep them from finnishing a job.

Her arms, now in a giant "T" to her torso, came back to grab each of his lower legs and just hold on while she let herself become a VERY heavy weight for him to fight with.
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby kembaru » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:34 am

((As a note to everyone, especially Ulnan and except Gosser, please don't post as the Soulseeker. I can get away with it because I'm an actual GM for the FFRPG but even if it is more or less what would have happened that's really not fair and I consider it cheating.

Please excuse all the edits, I need to be correct about my public berating.

And... well fuck, off to correct post because I didn't note the dispell stuff on her daggers.))
Last edited by kembaru on Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive