Newbie School: FFRPG Help and Discussion

Newbie School: FFRPG Help and Discussion

Postby Kite » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:08 am

Greetings and welcome!

If you were told to come here from the registration thread, that must be because you lacked the proper knowledge to roleplay in the Drowtales world setting.
This thread will permit you to learn. Just announce yourself and an experienced player will teach you, train you. Anything goes here. You are but a faceless student. Be respectful though, or your teacher might smack you.

Question example:
"Hi, i am a new player, and i wonder how to play in this FFRPG?"

You should get a reply fairly fast from someone. Once the teacher think you know enough, he or she she will told you and you'll be able to give a second try at the character registration.

Aside from Character submission help
, this is also the place to go to have general discussions about the Drowtales worldsetting in the FFRPG. If you are a new player, this is an excellent place to talk with veteran players about the FFRPG.

Question example:
"My character submission was just accepted, are there any RPs that I can join?"

And finally; Be advised that players encourage newbies to try their skills at paragraph form RP while having discussions here.
Kite
Mary Garren

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby grfu » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:54 am

((since i was the last to post in the previous newbie thread, I feel it is fitting that I be the first to post in the new newbie thread))

A young drow who looks to be in his early 50's enters the classroom.

"Right, we have many answers, but you must provide us with the questions. In the FFRPG there are no stupid questions, only stupid people who ask them."

. . .

"Just kidding. Welcome, and enjoy your FFRPG experience."

"Remember, we are nice people, and we want you to play with us."
grfu
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby kembaru » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:57 am

The red haired Archivist walks into the new classroom, taking a seat and awaiting the removalists who are bringing in his massive piles of notes and the giant coffee machine.

"New thread... Thank you Lady Kite." he says with a smile and sits down on a desk, pushing his glasses back a little.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Glyph » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:22 am

A young red-headed drowolath girl comes in and finds a desk near the back, dragging a large file cabinet of plots and half-done character ideas. She sniffs at the waiting Kembaru. Real drow carrying their own notes. Safer that way since nobody can sabotage them. "Dangit! You know how hard it is to hide a whole file cabinet? Took me months to find the perfect spot in the last classroom." Then she thinks for a moment. "Actually, was probably easy 'cause of all the junk that had built up in there. So moving to a new room is probably for the best. When do we torch the old place? I think it deserves a viking funeral." Then she goes back to writing up more character backgrounds. Gotta stay in practice ya know.
Glyph
Tainted

Postby Big P » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:28 am

A young silver haired drowolath with lavender eyes and matching robes promptly sits at a desk, rolling an ada between her knuckles. "I like the new look," she says with amusement. "And I'll be sure not to be shy this time around." And with that, she gives a whimsical wink.
Big P
Vel'akar

Hrm.

Postby Alamandorious » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:17 pm

Alamandorious peeks into the newly renovated classroom, sighing in relief when he sees his character sheet on the same desk as before. Walking over to the desk he picks up his sheet to scan over it, making sure everything is in place,"Hmmmm...alrighty. Now, something occurred to me and a re-read the Templar sheet...I don't have a warden. Well, it's not that I don't want one, it's just that I don't have anyone to play a warden. This strikes me as a rather...interesting problem. Any thoughts?"
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Glyph » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:34 pm

Red-headed girl glances over at Alamandorious. "It's a common subject to come up. A templar doesn't have to be assigned to a specific warden. Could either have he isn't assigned to one yet, or put a bit in your background that you last warden was recently killed. Of course that would require re-writing practically your entire backstory to include one or more wardens in your past since it would be a large portion of your focus." She shrugs and turns back to her own work. "Up to you. Important thing is that Warden-Templar bondings are very common, but not nessicary."
Glyph
Tainted

Mmm

Postby Alamandorious » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:37 pm

Alamandorious nods,"I'd rather not have to re-write my backgrounds, so we'll go with the first option...no warden yet. Alrighty, time to see if my character is acceptable!" he says, putting his character sheet in a legal-sized envelop and heading out the door,"I'll be back if I need more help. Thanks everyone!" he adds before stepping out into the hallway.
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Aurin » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:43 pm

A black haired young Drow slides out of the shadows, looking around while petting a small spider plushy. He smiles and squeaks, "New classroom! Yay! Lady Kite is awesome!" Eyes darting around suspiciously for a moment, he then merges back into the shadows, laughing evilly.
Aurin
Nether Spawn

Postby Navvy » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:20 pm

A moment of panic hit the shy drow when she finally moved her eyes from the floor to find the old classroom empty. She uttered a squeak of surprise which turned to a sigh of relief when she saw the shiny new room and found that all had not been lost.

Looking around for the fey who had previously answered her, she said, "Well, umm...wherever you got to...thank you for the answer. I thought that it might be possible but at the same time wasn't sure, with their strict regulations. At least it won't affect my Ilhar'dro character."

As she thought of her new character, her eyes took on a dreamy look and she sighed, "he's so pretty..."
Navvy
Tainted

Postby Kenji » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:23 pm

Kenji wandered into the new classroom,

This place looks nice, The old room's floor was getting worn by all the people that had gone in and out of it...

Yes, so.
I was wondering, If you want to post an update for a current charicter in the FFRPG, where do you post it?
As it's obvious that Xian won't want me editing my approved entry,
(even though i never got a stamp)

Kenji looks Round at Navvy who he noticed seemed to be out of it,
Giving her a sharp prod to the side he enquired,
Hey are you allright? Oh Wait- Your dreaming about your charicter, Just as a tip, As i discovered, it's pretty easy to get your looks re-arranged. Wether if they're improvements are not, you never can tell!

Hey Alamandorius, Don't be so hasty, Even if re-typing your background is irritating it seems to be worth it, if you've run through it multiple times you can think up new and better things for your charicter to have done or been involved in.
Also having a detailed history helps you roleplay once your in there, If you had a warden who died, this may mean you carry a grudge against someone or even a faction as a whole, Being an un-assigned warden probably means your a rookie, and rookies are allways funny
^_^

Kenji then picks out his own seat, sits down, throws his legs up onto the desk, pulls out a comic book and gets stuck into classic litrature.
Kenji
Demon

Postby Alamandorious » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:29 pm

Alamandorious walks back in just in time to hear Kenji,"Mmm, true, but technically speaking I -am- a rookie in every way shape and form. Hence, it makes more sense to portray one, no?"

He walks back over to his desk to sit down, stretching his arms over his head and plopping down into the chair,"Well, now I wait and see if Xian crushes my app like a bug, or accepts me in."
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Kenji » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:53 pm

A nice touch is to colour you speech,
Gives the others a easier job of decerning whats said,
As seeing as your only dealing with your own charicter, you may not be going onto a new line for speech.

Kenji Clicks his fingers,

Also it helps the others determine what language your talking in, Or even thought!

Kenji Clicks again,

For example
i use this colour for 'Drow'
i use this colour for 'Human'
and i use this colour for 'thoughts'!

Pretty handy i think!
Kenji
Demon

Postby Alamandorious » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:01 pm

Alamandorious nods,"I'm no good using code for colours, so I write how I read...and I'm an avid reader," he says, leaning back into his desk, placing his hands behind his head,"However, that is a valid point. When I speak, I'll use normal font. When I think, I'll use italics, and when I speak another language, I'll use bold...of course, I don't know if I know other languages, so I'll probably just be sticking to Drow," he finishes, smiling in a friendly manner as he stares up at the cieling in contemplation.
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Kenji » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:10 pm

The Codes quite easy

its just ['color= (color-Here)'] Text [/color]
Remove the ' 's

Also an easy way of getting it right is to highlight the text and then select your color, it automatically puts it around the selected words.
Kenji
Demon

Next

Return to Roleplay