Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

(Newbies testing ground) School

Postby LaithKelredar » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:00 am

A new student walks into the classroom, she is wearing some loose non-descript robes, has long golden hair dyed red at the tips, and is wearing a kitsune mask hiding her entire face. She takes a quick look around before speaking. "Umm... I have a few questions I need answered before I can finish my character sheet. First I need to know what exactly is meant by 'Sealing' on the Warden information sheet, and if it counts as a full magic ability excluding me from taking minor summoning as a magic skill? Next, if a Warden were to find her faith lacking and decided to say... become a summoner, killing her brother who was raised as a templar with her to run off, would it be possible? Would any teacher take her? Would any clan accept her? And lastly, if the ex-Warden were to change her last name after killing her brother to break off all realtions with her clan/family, would I need to include the last name of her original family in my character sheet, since we're not suppose to have important things glossed over with something like 'they have amysterious past'?"
LaithKelredar
Tik'tikki

Postby Ssin'urn » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:19 am

The rather young looking, pink-haired fey looks up again, seemingly contemplating an answer, before nodding.

"First, I would like to advise you to use paragraphs. Second, renegade-Drowussu, or Drowussu run of to another clan, are something that won't be easy to get past Xian. You would have to deliver a reasonably good background. Now that this is clear, let's get to your questions."

"Sealing is, in fact, a kind of summoning, but it is more focused on sealing things away in gems, rather than summoning them, but it may be plausible for your Warden to be adept at summoning, especially since usually the Warden's open Nether Gates, to expel the demons they had sealed in Gems through."

"It would be possible that she lost her faith and ran away, killing her brother in the process, but as I said, if you want a renegade Drowussu, you have to write a good background. You have to give Xian the feeling he understands why she lost the faith, why she ran away, when she was raised to believe in Sharess above all else."

"It may be possible for someone to take her in, but depending on whom you do intend to take her in, it may be more or less unplausible and would again require a good explanation in the background. Something like 'he/she immediately felt xxx(instert Warden's name here) was extraordinary and required attention to be brought to her full potential' usually does not suffice, though."

"Lastly, on the matter of the name...well, I guess you could write her former name down to clear it up, but I have seen a lot of character sheets where someone used a made-up name without stating the former. It is up to you, I guess, as long as it is made clear in the background."

Sighing a bit, the fey resumes writing on a piece of parchment.
Ssin'urn
Kilt-wearing Catboy

Location: In my bombshelter, playing cards with the ghosts of diseased madmen.

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:25 am

"I don't think they are hard, to get by, I think they're banned altogther until more, non-rogue Drowussu join," remarkes a student in the back.
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby LaithKelredar » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:00 am

The masked student nods and says, "hmm... thanks for the answers, and sorry about the poor formatting. I had to write my post on two diffrent computers and didn't have time to fix the butcher job the second did on my work before I had to leave. I'm going to go back over my character and make some changes, but will return if I have more questions or when I am done, but till then I must take my leave."
The masked student then bows and quickly walks out.
LaithKelredar
Tik'tikki

Postby The Jester of Madness » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:18 am

The Jester walks in, obviously tired and depressed. "Sorry I haven't been here, the flu's a real pain in the arse. So, I've had a change of thought about my character, but some questions too. First off, I'm thinking of making some kind of warrior that mainly uses 2 bladed, multiple segmented golem arms on his back (Think Dr. Octopus, but with only two of the 4 robotic arms, and those two have Scimitar-like blades on the ends.) First of all, I'm no longer looking at a Drowussu, but I am having trouble deciding some other things. Those include: Will he be tainted or not? Will he use a more direct approach to fighting, or will he use stealth mainly? And just what kind of bio story can I use to justify those extra arms?

(By the way, I'm thinking of having them be about twice to 3x his height, and that they would be thin- only about a fist across. The blades would be light, for fast combat. When not using the extra arms, they'd be coiled around him kind of like a scarf. Also, each one would have a total of 57 'segments' to them, which means that they're very manuverable. Also, I'd have to figure out if I want him to actually be able to feel pain if they're injured.)

So what do you think? I happen to beleive it to be an interesting, unique idea."
The Jester of Madness
Nether Seed

Postby kembaru » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:25 am

"I believe it has been done before, someone else had a character with extra arms like that... Anyway, while it is possible to have these things, it would also be extremely draining to use these golemised weapons, the actual fine manipulation would mean he'd only be able to fight for short bursts with them at a time, they could also be dispelled and Sharess only knows what else, making them generally unreliable."

"That isn't to say it isn't possible, but those would be the conditions to it. Other than that the background and other details are up to you."

Says the red haired student, considering the possibilities to it all...
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Aurin » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:30 am

A black haired student steps out of the shadows, snapping a book shut as he does.

"Yeah, those arms would be dispelled in no time, and you'd be in huge trouble. Besides, wouldn't that be a pain lugging those around all the time? It's just not practical. And on top of that, you do realize as a tainted Drowussu you'd be pretty much loathed amidst both Grey Skins and Black Skins right? But, that's just my two cents..." The student nervously glances around, and then steps back, disappearing back into the shadows from whence he'd come.
Aurin
Nether Spawn

Postby The Jester of Madness » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:32 am

The Jester looks like he would smile if the flu wasn't such a total biatch. "Yeah, I kinda figured they'd take a lot of energy, so I had the idea of imposing a kind of time limit whie he's using them. If he uses them for say, more than 15 mins, he will be very exhusted and be forced to coil them again (Meaning that when they're coiled, they'd be in a state of hibernation or something, and couldn't be used untill he has his energy back). As for the dispeling issue.. well, that's a problem. I guess I could back that up with some other kind of weapon specialty, like maybe a scythe. Hmmm... "*Pictures him chasing an enemy down a hall, scythe raised, with golem arms behind him scraping at the floor*

"Yes, I can see fear being a good weapon for him. Perhaps a few illusion spells would be good for him too? I would also assume that he would know how to repair his golems, right?"
The Jester of Madness
Nether Seed

Postby Aurin » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:36 am

"I dunno...those arms just really don't seem like a practical idea, and one that probably wouldn't make it by Xian. Especially with the whole time limit...might consider it too D&Dish. That's just my opinion again though, so don't quote me on it! Oh yeah and, how fast could you really run down a hall with thoselong things trailing behind you?" The voice of the black haired student echoes from the nearby shadows, followed by a squeak as he trips and falls over a book.
Aurin
Nether Spawn

Postby kembaru » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:39 am

"I'm reminded of Khar'liir... the Vloz'ress who designed the fortress... bleh, anywho, it is possible, but my usggestion is make the arms less complex, you'd need a mechanism for each of those 57 segments in each arm, and each one would have to be powered by your aura, I'd suggest a three minute limit to fighting for something that complex, that and even at a fist's width it would be enormously bloody heavy, and I doubt you could wear them like a scarf as you suggested."

"Also, I try to discourage people using scythes, they're impressive to look at but very ineffective as weapons, but still, it is your choice."
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby The Jester of Madness » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:40 am

The Jester just kinda gives a mutter. "Hmm, I guess you're right. I could always go to my fallback plan, and make a mage. I mean, mages need some basic weapon skills too, right? So I could still fit in the scythe, and mix up my illusion magic with some more offensive stuff. I'll have to think on this one for a bit.."
The Jester of Madness
Nether Seed

Postby LaithKelredar » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:41 am

The kitsune masked student with golden hair walks back into the room.

"I don't wanna interrupt anyone else getting help but I just did a lotta reworking and decided on a totally diffrent character, but I should be able to make this one good with only one question... I think..."

"Anyways, what I need to know is some Val'Sharen politics. Given the situation that a drow becomes a protector twin to a noble, kills their twin and inherits their position, then after feeling unaccepted decides to break away from the noble family would it be possible for that drow to make a middle class house in the area or is the only way for a drow in that situation to break free mean leaving the clan entirely?"
LaithKelredar
Tik'tikki

Postby The Jester of Madness » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:44 am

"Oh, and the scythe would make an interesting weapon for a mage, considering that most of my fighting would be with mana instead of the weapon anyway, right?"
The Jester of Madness
Nether Seed

Postby kembaru » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:45 am

"You can keep the golem arms, just as long as you make them more simplistic, but yeah, your choice, just remember that like sorcery as a magic isn't very effective in combat, unless you go on a Ron'nae type thing, but that's still pretty obscure and they can just close their eyes and go by heat vision."

"As for you, fox mask, it is possible to break away from your family and create another subfamily, but that would need a whole lot of support, in general meaning to split the subfamily you are breaking away from in two, if you tried to do it on your own they would just butcher you."
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Aurin » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:46 am

"Well if you go that route, all I've got to say is- Senek'ha's got one (a Scythe), so why not? Go for it."
Aurin
Nether Spawn

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive