An unofficial roleplay subforum where you can roleplay in pre- or post-timeskip Raveran, Chel'el'Sussoloth, Nuqrah'shareh, or anything that catches your fancy in the Drowtales worldsetting. An approved character is not necessary to join, but worldsetting knowledge is required. Ask your questions in the Newbie School thread!

The Sleepover

Re: The Sleepover

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:51 pm

"Wait, miniature nether realm?" Ukan would scoff, starting to not believe Anna now. Han and Makalah both didn't understand, but Han would speak up, "All the Vloz are tainted. Demons attacked them and...did something to their aura. It's usually what happens to people who are attacked by demons and survive. The Sharen are all tainted as well, but I was told they were purposely tainted to protect themselves from demons." Makalah would clear a spot and put the lantern she was holding down. She was hesitating about saying something.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:40 pm

She looked at ukan. "It what my mother was talking about and my time with the vloz was not bad there were a few weird things that happen." She said to her turning her attention to the rest of the group hearing mae and the other speak of the sharens and black suns. "I only had few trips into the the areas control by the sharens my mother keeps me away do to a indecent involving a woman named Snadhya'rune...... Infact my mother has a utter hatred for a few sharens." She would tell them there been many events of that has happen with her mother involving the sharens.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:11 am

Mae've really had no idea where demons came from. But she could ask her father about stuff like this, as it was his job before he moved to the farm full time to work their and take care of the family. "Why would they want demons in their bodies... are they evil that way?" Mae've said as she never really met a red eyed person who wasn't apart of the Sharen army.

Even their dragons had that affect.

"My dad doesn't like Sharens that much either." Mae've said as she didn't really have the chance to meet many from that clan. She was told by her mother maybe she would be sent to the school with all the other Val children, like her father did. But it was expensive to get inside.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby IkaikaKekai » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:35 am

"Wait, you mean Headmistress Snad'hyarune?" Ukan would roll her eyes, "She's such a bi-" Han would clear his throat. "...well she is!" "That's no excuse...and Mae've..." he frowned a little, hesitating as he tried to explain, "Not all people willingly get tainted. And not all people who willingly get tainted are evil." "Yeah, like my father! He's really nice even if he tries to pretend he doesn't know me. But headmistress Sand'in'her is evil. She won't let you learn Demon summoning unless you're old enough, and are tainted." Makalah would speak up, "I know a scary story...it Involves Lady Snad'hyarune." she said with a bit of 'forced respect'.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:41 pm

She looked at ukan with a little shock at her words and she would not lie but snad is around that word that she was about to say. "To tell my mother and her do not get along the last time they encounter each other they tried to kill each other..... It only resulted in a large chuck of the area damged. According to my mother snad killed her own mother and is the one who leads the nids and there were many other unpleasant words and stories my mother has told me." She said looking at makalah. "Hmmm I like to hear this story" she asked her.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:38 pm

"Oh.. ok." Mae've said as she never really thought of it that way. Father just warned her to be careful around people with striking red eyes. But she really had no idea who this Snad'hyarune character was, but she didn't sound like a very nice person if Ukan and her half sister had such a problem with her. "I would be too scared to try demon summoning..."

"Whos Snad's mother?" Mae've asked as she had no idea it was the queen herself.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:30 am

"She's a Vel'Sharen. And headmistress of Orthroabe." "And her mother is the Empress.
And that's Impossible Anna, while her Majesty has been more recluse in the past few years, she has made public appearances."
"I think that's why she's so bossy." "Anyway, girls, I think we should let Makalah tell her story." Makalah would take a moment as she thought of the best way to tell the story.
"Well..." she'd hold the lamp under her face, darkening part of it and wisps of smoke rising up around her. "There's a story that the other slaves used to tell. The really important Sharen would always have a twin, a Protector, like a bodyguard, but someone they would claim as a sibling." The light from the fireplace started to die down, darkening the room further. "Lady Snad'hyarune had a protector twin. She was actually a common born that was taken from her parents because she was born at about the same time...they called her Khaless." light and darkness would dance across the light elf's face as she looked to her two friends. "One day, a slave entered her camber, and they saw Lady Snad'hyarune standing over Lady Khaless' body, she had killed her. The slave ran for his life, screaming to all the guards for help. But when the Imperial guard came to Lady Snad'hyarune's chamber, Lady Khaless was still alive and reading a book."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:41 am

She looked at han and ukan about snad and she wonders if she should tell them that the empress that they know of at this time is a body double for the real empress is long dead but her attention would be fully turn to makalah as she would tell her scary story. Looking at her as she move the lamp close to her face hearing her talk about a sharen having a twin a protector but what was a look of wonder of the story would turn to fear at the mention of Khaless a cold sweet forming. "Khaless......." She said barely above a whisper start to shack looking at makalah face her eyes going wide as bad memories would start to rise up to her it seems almost that her face is shifting into khaless demon form without warning anna empathy would reach out to the other of pure fear and she would hold out of the fort heading to the fire place breathing hard as tears would start to run down her cheeks her empathy still giving off fear.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:21 am

"I've never seen the queen before." Mae've admitted as she might have a vague idea what her sister and Ukan were talking about, all Mae've knew was how to sell mushrooms and run a business like her family does. She wasn't born yet when the last parade happened before the great war.

"Woah... how did she live?" Mae've said to the murder mystery Makalah was talking about. So much she could learn. "This is scary."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:45 pm

"Pft, that's not scar-" Makalah and Ukan were hit with empathy, as was Han as Anna ran out of the fort and to the fireplace. The empathy caused the two girls to pause, Han would go after Anna, putting a gentle hand on his back, "Are you alright?"
When Makalah and Ukan recovered from the empathy they'd look around, but continue, "That doesn't count, I wasn't scared." "I'm not done..." Makalah was concerned for Anna but would continue her story. "The guards were going to punish the slave for wasting their time, but Khaless stopped them, she said she would take care of him. The guards and everyone else left the room. The slave never came out of the room. Lady Snadhya'rune and Lady Khaless would leave, and a slave went in to clean, but the other slave was gone." "This still isn't scary." "Let me finish!" Makalah would say, getting annoyed now. "The slave never came back to the slave quarters. But they would see the slave once in a while, coming out of Lady Snadhya'rune's room, or leaving the Palace. Sometimes Lady Khaless would be seen wearing the same clothes or jewelry as the slave."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:30 am

Anna would rube her eyes as she work to clam herself listing to the rest of story of makalah looking up at han as he asked if he is alright taking a few deep breaths and relaxing as best she could would speak to him. "I will be in a moment.....I sorry but I know khaless and I know what she is.... She a demon a Vel'akar a very powerful and deadly one for this Vel'akar has ate a lot of people I had a experience with her when she tried to eat me....... I still remember all those faces and bodies moving in her body......" she said taking in a few more deep breath getting herself under control to prevent another burst of empathy.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:14 pm

Mae've also felt the wave of empathy wash over her emotions. Not that she realized what it was until everyone started to come back and settle down. If she had her Tiki toy, she'd probably be cuddling it. "Why would a noble be a slave..." Mae've said as she tried to wrap her head around why someone like that would take up the jobs of a slave, while keep all of her jewelry. "That certainly is more scary then what I've told... wait shes a demon!"

How could Mae'ves sister know all of these things? It was scary enough just hearing about it, but she didn't want to go anywhere near a demon like her father did.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:21 pm

Han would sigh, and pick up Anna, pulling her into a hug and patting her back, trying to help calm and comfort her. "It's alright Anna...she's far away from here. It's just a story." Makalah became afraid again when Anna started to explain, Han was at a loss as what to do. Ukan would be a little confused by Anna's outburst, but would answer Mae've. "Nobody looks at a slave. If she can change her shape she can leave without anyone knowing it's her. She wouldn't be an actual slave. It's like how my mom wants me to pretend I'm a commoner."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:47 am

Anna would hold onto han tight still in tears as she deciding to explain to the others. "It not a story han! I seen her I now what she can do......." she would tell them her empathy going off a little but she would collect herself before speaking again. "I guess..... I should explain about two years ago I was with my mother well at one of her homes and I was almost alseep within my room it was just a normal night so far..... Before I heard laughter then looking up seeing those white eyes and mouth it was all I could see for a few moments before it moved towards me...... It body was shifting and changing I still remember see faces...... And voices....." She would say as hee grip around han would tighting.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:34 pm

"Could she be anyone?" Mae've said as she suddenly realized... that one of her friends could be Khaless. The words couldn't form in her mouth at the thought of it. "But.. maybe these stories are a little too scary. I don't know if I could sleep." What were the odds of having not one but two friends who had seen Khaless's power at work.

Mae've all of a sudden considered her bad fortune, to be a little less bad.
django
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to DT Freestyle