An unofficial roleplay subforum where you can roleplay in pre- or post-timeskip Raveran, Chel'el'Sussoloth, Nuqrah'shareh, or anything that catches your fancy in the Drowtales worldsetting. An approved character is not necessary to join, but worldsetting knowledge is required. Ask your questions in the Newbie School thread!

The Sleepover

The Sleepover

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:08 pm

Han'yia would open up the front gate to the large house that belonged to Boki Yanyean. Holding it open for the group of young girls that were going to have a sleepover. The garden was dark and plain compared to Pamla's, a green grassy lawn with a small pond and a couple trees in the corners. The house itself was slightly grander than that of his father's, big enough to accommodate drow heads. Han'yia would close the gate behind Ukan who brought up the rear, Makalah leading the way inside.

The door slid open and the light elf would move in the dark, feeling around for a dresser before she lit up a mana light and grabbed match, lighting a candle and then an oil lamp. Han came in, "Did you girls think about where to have the slumber party? Or what games you want to play?" "We could have it in the dining room and light the fireplace." Makalah said as she handed Han'yia the oil lamp and picked the candlestick back up.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Re: The Sleepover

Postby Rhung » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:44 pm

Anna was looking about the place as the light were light throughout the home as she wounder what they well be doing as she hears hand talk about the slumber party and what games they wise to play. "I know a few games me and my others friend play." she says to them as she waits to see what the full plan is.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:49 am

Mae've was already dreaming about what she and her friends were going to do. She wanted to tell spookie stories, but she also wanted to play other games! Goddess, if they were at her farm they could play some of the board games she had at her house. "I bet my mommy and daddy would like it here. The roof is so much higher." The little blue eyed half breed said, as she could imagine just how big she would grow up to be when she was older.

"Lets play some games!" Mae've said as she looked to the dinning room. But then came the howling from the outside. Chezz was howling at the moon.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby IkaikaKekai » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:26 pm

Han would look around the darkened room, thinking of what to do, "Games...games..." he then looked to Makalah, "I'll get started on making the fire." "I wanna do it!" "I'll let you light it, but I'll set it up. Makalah where does your father keep the firewood?" "In the kitchen." "Okay, now you girls need to go get some bedding to sleep on. Anna, what kind of game did you have in mind?" he would ask as he went into the next room, finding the stack of wood neatly next to the stove. "Come with me." Makalah said as she lead the group down the dark hallway with a single candle. She was a little afraid of the dark but it was her own home, so she wasn't as afraid. Ukan wasn't worried, her night vision was just as good as any drow's, she was excited for the chance to light a fire. Makalah would hand her candle to Mae've and pull open a sliding door. There were futons, cushions, pillows, and blankets stuffed inside with various prints and thicknesses, for the most part neatly folded but stuffed into the small space. "We need to grab enough for ourselves." as the light elf struggled to pull some free. "Hey, do you think we can make a fort out of this like Han'yia said?"
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:20 am

She would look at han as she thinks as she would look to the others as they were doing a variety of different things within the home as they work to get eh fire going in the fireplace. "Well I have to ask what would be best for everone some of the games I play are a little hard and some might not be best for everone here..... so you all tell me you think be best." She said as she would rube the back of her head as most of the games she had played are difficult and at time not meant for childern.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:13 am

Mae've was blessed with pretty decent dark vision. Or at least that's what her mother had told her. But she didn't know how to set a fire up, or know where anything was in this house. Following Mak and her candle stick down the halls. This place was much quieter then the apartment she used to live at while in Chel.

"So many pillows, and so soft too. The surface has better pillows then the ones I have at home. I should as daddy to get me some."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:43 am

Han'yia was stacking wood carefully in the fireplace, stripping off some of the bark for kindling. He turned to Anna with a puzzled look, "Well...I'm not sure. Maybe a card game? I think I saw a card deck somewhere. Although I don't think your parents would like it if I taught you girls how to play poker." He would keep stacking wood in the fireplace before he examined his work, noticing a stack of papers near the fireplace. "Ghost stories perhaps?"

"I...guess we could." Makalah would respond to Ukan. Ukan would tug on a blanket and the entire contents of the closet would nearly explode out, covering Ukan and Makalah. After the two emerged from the pile Makalah would say, "Father might sell some. I think that's why he has so many." The light elf and Val would try to grab as much of the pile as they could, till the two of them grabbed the ends of the same blanket. "Hey! We can do that instead! Lets pile it all on this and we all grab one end, we can get it done in one trip!" Makalah would carefully place the mostly still folded blankets on top of the unfolded blanket, while Ukan just started tossing pillows on the pile with a giggle.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:23 pm

She would look at han with a raised eye brow shw has never heard of this poker that he said along with this she does know some good stories to tell tonight with the others. "I guess that could work tonight..... han also what is this poker you said is it some kind of card game to play?" She asked him.

(Sorry for been gone for so long a lot is going on I got to make this quick for know but next week I should be back on my regular ways but I sorry if my post right know are short there just a lot going on here at my home.)
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:19 am

(Good to have you back Rhung.)

"I've played poker." Mae've said softly, as she once sat in on a game with her mother, grandmother, uncle, and aunt. "My daddy told me a few good ghost stories. But he says we should be careful, or we might not get any sleep."

Mae've meeped outload as Ukan and Mak were covered in blankets and pillows alike. The Embries had strange little pillows. Following Mak's idea, she took ahold of the blanket and helped with the pile.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:02 pm

"It's a card game where grownups usually gamble." He thought about the last time he played, quickly shaking the thought from his head. You're watching children Han. He looked over as Mae've, "Well...maybe I'll teach the others so we can play a hand or two. We'll see how things go." He looked over as Makalah and Ukan came back dragging the blankets, pillows, and cushions. He smirked, "Do you girls think you have enough?" he joked. "There's another closet if we need." Makalah replied. Han chuckled and Ukan came up to him, "Alright, you can light the fire." Ukan would look at the fireplace and at the candle that was on the table. She would concentrate and the flame would extend and bend, heading towards the fireplace, holding under the wood. "No, you need to ignite the kindling. Like how I did at the campsite." He pointed a pile of bark and wood shavings under the logs. She would redirect the flame and the kindling would start to burn under the logs. The flame flickered and returned back to the candle. Ukan was panting softly after a grunt. The fireplace started to glow and catch fire, lighting up the room. "That's a bit better." "Can we build the fort now?" Han chuckled, "Yes yes. We'll do that first then." Han would look at all the pillows and blankets.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:22 am

"I think one of my sister does this gambling she tends to get into a lot of trouble over it." She says with a chuckle as she looks at the other as she hears Makalah talk about making a pillow fort as she would speak up to the others. "Just to ask is there anything you need me to do to help with tonight?" She asked them.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:53 am

"I preferred playing Rummy. I think I still remember how to play it" Mae've said as she remembered you didn't need money to play that card game. You just had to remember where the numbers go. 'And not being a hand wrecking son of a bitch', as her Aunt put it.

A wide grin grew on the half breeds face as she saw all the blankets and pillows they could to create a fort. She took some of the blankets and used to between some of the table. Embries here didn't have chairs like they did back at her home, so Mae've had to improvise.

"Can you help me with this sister?" She said as she needed an extra hand getting the blanket across one table another.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:44 pm

"Well, this is Makalah's home...we did all the chores for the night, correct?" "Yes Sera Han'yia." "Then tonight we're just going to have fun." he replied to Anna. Ukan wiped the sweat from her brow after she lit the fireplace, she turned to the others to try and help make the pillow fort. "You can play poker without money. Although Rummy would probably be a better game to play." Makalah would move over to a shelf and grab a deck of cards, while Han looked at the girls as they built the pillow fort with the cushions and blankets. He got an idea and went into one of the other rooms, coming back with a high back chair that was small for an adult drow, "Here girls, this should help." Makalah would set the deck on the table and go over to help with the fort now too. "How do you do this?" "You use pillows and other furniture to make it like a tent for the blankets..." he paused and looked at a blanket and some cushions, laying four of them on the blanket and folding it in to make a large 'wall'. He'd help "Try this." he leaned it up against the chair, the cushions making it tall enough that even he could crawl through the fort. The 'wall' bent in half though, making a corner of the fort. "Well that didn't quite work how I thought...these are some very fine pillows and cushions by the way. Your father has a good eye."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:52 pm

She would move over and help mae taking hold of the blanket as she would help her place it were she wanted it across the table. "This is going to be a good night to bad I got to leave early in the morning I can't tell why but let just say some bad things have happen lately with my mother and a few other things." She would says as she looks over at han as his idea for the fort work at first then a corner is made she would sign and let out a chuckle. "You know if you ever need clothing or furniture good ones my mother could help with that." She says as she hear han talk about rhe pillows and cousins.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:47 am

"Oh much better." Mae've said as Han's came back with something much higher to use as a tent. But she turned her attention back to her sister Anna, as she told her that she had to leave tomorrow in the morning. "Oh, why so early... Didn't you just get here?" It was a little said to see her half sister for only a little bit.

But it sounded like she had a good reason for it.

"Is there anything your mom can't do?" Mae've asked as it seemed like her sister and her mother could do anything. Was she a Val?

Moving over to see the deck of cards, Mae've was slowly remembering how to play. "Its best with four players, or there won't be enough cards to go around. That's what my uncle Uncle had said." It was strange to think that Mae've didn't know what her uncles real name was.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to DT Freestyle