An unofficial roleplay subforum where you can roleplay in pre- or post-timeskip Raveran, Chel'el'Sussoloth, Nuqrah'shareh, or anything that catches your fancy in the Drowtales worldsetting. An approved character is not necessary to join, but worldsetting knowledge is required. Ask your questions in the Newbie School thread!

Darkest Mountain -1114-

Re: Darkest Mountain -1114-

Postby Brawl97 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:38 pm

Shana groaned lightly when gaul decided to temper her enthusiasm Let a girl dream, alright? she moaned Think positive, all this tike out here will yield a fat reward. Repeat that a few times, it'll help you soldier through tough times better. She picked herself up and retrieved her bow. She gestured for Paqu to follow along We best get a move on, yeah? The meat ain't gonna catch itself.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby django » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:34 am

"Well anything you catch will probably do my body a favor then another day of field ration. I've had up to here with boiling my hardtack." Gaul stood aside so the large wolf had no issues getting out.

"Plenty of time for dreaming and positive shit. We just got here after all. Even if we come up empty handed its hardly a lost cause for our pay in the end." The blue eyed suss said as he turned to Shana as she and Paqu, plus the wolf were preparing to go off hunting.

Far away and high into the mountain's. A lone cloaked figure stood on the balcony to the Monastery, with her blue eye's she watched as the sun disappeared into the mountains and the cold weather start to take over the land. Her dreams were coming true, and the old dark elf could see the group coming up the mountains... why would such a group travel across this mountain range... and would they ruin her?
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:34 pm

Paqu laughed, "Dreaming won't get you anything but a goal. Ya got to wake up and make a plan, make the dream real." The wolf let out a whiny yawn as it followed the group. She was graceful in her old age.

Paqu was standing still as he looked at the rams ahead. He had his crossbow raised and was carefully aiming, letting loose a bolt with a heavy TWACK. The ram made noises as it panicked and started to run, with an arrow sticking out of it's lung. "Damnit, Sasha Catch. Clean Kill girl." The wolf would go from resting to bolting after the ram, catching up to it before it got to the treeline. With a bite and a yank the ram was in it's death throws, struggling in the wolf's maw as she waited for further instructions, keeping a tight grip on the ram. Paqu would walk up, hefting his crossbow, "I need more practice. Good girl Sasha" The wolf would look at him as the ram died in her mouth, still keeping a firm grip on the neck as it went slack. "We'd be chasing blood trails if it wasn't for her."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:56 am

Shana pulled her bow back, lining up her shot carefully for the ram she had in her sight. She let her arrow loose, the arrowhead leading the way to the neck of her chosen target. The beast fell shortly after taking another arrow, the ram was tough enough, or rather, desperate enough to try and run after a hit to the neck. Shana silently admired the fighting spirit, not that it did them any good.

Good dog. she gave Che's dog a thumbs up for making it simpler for them to secure their prey She has a good nose and quick feet, you took care of her well. Anyway, we best be getting back so we can prepare this stuff...or are you trying to catch anything else.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:22 am

As the pair left Gaul and Asiliy to their own devices at the old ruins.

Shana and Paqu, plus the old wolf went out to secure them something to eat. Namely those of the rams and goats that lived around the mountainous terrain. But they were not alone in these mountains as three short statured men, appeared from over a hill.

They looked alot like the men from the Embire town of Wu kong. But they stood barely above five feet tall. Their heads were balds, and they wore brown robes, much too similar to an Kyorl design to be purely accidental. They didn't look at the drows as much as anything new. But the wolf they certainly kept their distance.

"Dokkalfar. Why you ride such savage beasts?" The oldest monk said first. As it appeared the men behind either had nothing to say, or had vow of silence going on.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:30 am

"Can't take all the credit for that. But she's a good girl." Paqu tilted his head, "Nah, think the ram'll be enough for us tonight. Maybe scrounge up some greens to make it..." Paqu stopped as Sasha started growling at the aporaching monks. He kept his crossbow at his side, sizing them up, somewhat surprised by the Dolkafar comment. "With proper training, they can be some of the best companions one can have in the wild...who might you be?" Sasha had stopped growling, but still had the lifeless ram in her maw, eyes focused on the monks.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Yeah, but she's well behaved. I've seen some dogs get put down because their master's can't teach em to play nice. her small talk was interrupted unceremoniously by some robed men, her hand drifted to the sword at her waist. These people gave off no presence, they had appeared like they had fallen from the sky. Shana wasn't so proud to say that she knew this mountain, but she felt uneasy about how they had approached so casually.

Where did you lot come from? Is there a village around here that we missed?
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:52 pm

The men looked unarmed, as they only carried the robes on their back. "I am Dorje, and these are my Navaka under my teaching." He waved his hand back to the two men behind him. "We come from the Palcho Monastery, just beyond the mountains. We were not expecting to see the Dokkalfar out here. The land is very barren between here..."

"I don't belive you have been there yet. Our village isn't around here. The land here is far too sick for your kind to stay in... You'd be safer in our monastery then staying out here."

(Don't be afraid of going with them. We can make this the Paqu and Shana show for the time being.)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:34 am

Paqu looked at them, "Sick?" He looked to Shana, "Could be demons? If there are demons about we should probably warn Gaul and Lady Asilly."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:39 pm

Maybe? I think he means ambient mana. How could hanging out in his house keep us safe from Demons? His kind can't work a sealing stone. He seems too casual if something like demons were here. he could just not care about their lives at all, that was one thought Shana had. She was willing to be amicable with these people, less conflict was always better.

Money was on the line, maybe she could get some valuable information out of them.

We have ourselves a deal, friend. Would it trouble you to let us get our boss before we go? I doubt he'd be too happy with us running off without him. Especially if things are dangerous around here.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:31 am

The monk seemed impassive towards the elves as they talked between themselves. "Very well. If you would prefer we could follow you back to your camp site..." He didn't seem so keen on the idea on following the large wolf creature. Something about it represented change or doom...

(Well wait for Rhung to join back with us in before we continue. He should be back soon if his recent pms are anything to go by)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:02 am

Paqu looked to Shana, "Who knows. I'd like to hook up with Gaul anyway. If it is demons he's probably the only one of us who can see em and seal em. And Lady Asilly is a strong woman...something off about her, but she's strong." He turned to the wolf, "Sasha Drop." the wolf would drop the dead ram on the ground and Paqu walked over, "Yeah, you follow us to our camp and talk with our leader." he picked up the ram and hefted it over the wolf's back carefully. "Alright, let's get walking back." Paqu pat the wolf's neck.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:57 am

Shana shrugged her shoulders, choosing to go retrieve the lady was only proper. When they returned Shana raised her voice We have guests boss, this monk and his buddies say they're interested in letting us hang out at their place. You in?
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby Rhung » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:36 pm

(Alright I am back I in a hurry a lot going on my dad just had heart surgery and a lot of other thing but I am back.)

"I say we meet up with the others dear there much to be done plus me and you are going to have a talk later on a few things but for know they can wait." She said to him as she would head up the path the other went off to since thing are know heading into a unpredictable direction and the last thing she needs is them getting hurt and she hopes that do not go in to deep with this place for it is more then a ruin hunt.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:10 am

(Great to have you back Rhung. And I hope things went well.)

Gaul let Asiliy do the things she needed to do. Compared to her, he always felt like a hired thug. His skill sets not nearly as vast or connected to the woman who was eons older then he was. But as time passed, Gaul watched for Paqu's and Shana's return. But what he didn't expect to see was a trio of Embri's behind them... Was there trouble?

"Asiliy. We might have company." Gaul said picking his spear up, not expecting to use it but he felt better to have the jeweled pole arm handy.

"Who's your friends?"The tall suss said as he moved forward from his spot as the group entered the ruins of the old trading post.
django
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to DT Freestyle