An unofficial roleplay subforum where you can roleplay in pre- or post-timeskip Raveran, Chel'el'Sussoloth, Nuqrah'shareh, or anything that catches your fancy in the Drowtales worldsetting. An approved character is not necessary to join, but worldsetting knowledge is required. Ask your questions in the Newbie School thread!

Memories and The Hunt -1129- -Surface- (Open)

Re: Memories and The Hunt -1129- -Surface- (Open)

Postby django » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:01 am

It was maybe a good thing that they left Mae and Trinita behind on this mission. While Gaul would have liked to have them along so he wasn't so thinned out with just Paqu. Mae might not be so calm as to keep her mouth shut if some drunk so much caused her some trouble.

Gaul kept his wits about them and his mouth shut while they moved towards where ever Bob was leading them... He wished they didn't use a wagon for off road travels like this. He didn't want to deal with a tip over or a broken wheel if the roads got too bad.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby IkaikaKekai » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:04 pm

The wagon kept going, along with the horses following, there would be a fork in the road with a caravan baked up, a narrow bridge was what was blocking things up as two caravan masters were arguing, there was another caravan on the other side of the bridge waiting to cross. "I've got a high priority delivery for the Sulisinrune colony. We need to go first." "And these food supplies need to get to Chell! We need to go first!" Bob slowed down a little. "If'n ya folks went across one at a time and took turns this would be over already." The two caravan leaders would stop and look at Bob a moment before looking back at the bridge. Paqu kept himself on the side of the caravan , putting himself between the wagons. About midway through the line the wagons would start to move up slowly, one at a time. "About fucking time!" one of the drivers would say.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:58 am

Raising her head up a little looking out the front she took notice of the caravan and the noises of people arguing which was nothing new at times like this. "And this is why trade is so hard for everyone because you got those few who think there cargo is more important......some thing never change" she said to bob with a sign seeing that there are going to be delayed even further but since know her mother is bleeding out of her mouth or other areas they can be patience.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:24 am

"Oh I can't belive this is happening." Gaul side as he saw the narrow bridge and the traffic blocking their way over. He felt a little part of himself boiling away at the sight of this foolishness. Gaul came up and joined Paqu's side to support him. Thankfully they started to get things moving. Can't have goods spoil away.

"Could have built a bigger bridge." Gaul said as he looked at the wooden thing. Making him wonder who had made it.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:16 pm

"Yeah...well nobody thought about a hundred years back that there'd be people from the underground coming up with big ole carts and using this road everyday." Bob kept moving past the Convoy, "Good thing we're not going to Millbrook." Once they had passed the convey he'd pick up speed again, with Paqu's horse lagging behind a little before he caught up.

The trip was uneventful other than the occasional traveler on the road going the other way, or going their way but Bob giving them a wide berth. "Remember, you're just a sack of mail." he said as he turned back to Anna. The wagon would start to slow down as the road forked again and there was a couple camps of caravans set up with an Inn in between two roads. Signs in Drow and a couple goblin languages were pointing the way to different roads, along with a stables that was very active. Bob would bring his horses to a stop, and be approached by a human. "<Name, Company, Affiliation?>" "<Bobakolokus Pathfinder. Freelancer, Illhardro right now.>" The man would look up at Paqu and Gaul, "<They with you?>" "<For now. Couple of sellswords looking for jobs, figured feeding em was cheaper than paying off bandits.>" The man would go up to Paqu and Gual, "No trouble, no fight, no take, no tab." was all he would say before going to his clipboard, "What name you? What clan you?" Paqu would look at Gual a moment then back at the man, "Paqu, no clan." The human would write it down on his board, "You?" He said, looking at Gaul.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:14 am

Anna would cover herself up doing her best to keep quiet hearing bob words begin best since there always a chance someone could be working with nids or someone else. "I do my best at been a sack I dont like this thought this trip been a little bit to easy....." saying this to him in a whisper doing her best to keep quiet as not to alert anyone keep a eye on the back of the wagon in case of the event someone decides to check it.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:40 am

"Gaul, no clan. Just looking for work. We will just keep to our selves." He said to the man asking the questions while casually looking around them afterwards. It was still some getting used to not being apart of a major clan. Even he could be considered a Dendle, he never will probably fully take up the name. He could never farm for the rest of his life... even if it gave him peace of mind between doing the things he did now.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:02 am

The human would write down their names and put an X on one column. Bob would lean off the side of the cart to call back, "<Where can I park?>" "<You know where Bobba.>" "<Not staying that long, Kimo, just need to water the horses and let em get their breath back. Maybe a pint.>" Kimo would think for a moment, "<There's a free spot next to the stables. I'll make sure no one blocks ya in.>" "<Thanks Kimo.>" Bob would get the cart moving again, heading slowly towards the stables, "<Hows the Birds treating ya?>" "<Oh, fine enough. Nals still making you do too much paperwork?>" Kimo would heft up his clipboard, "<Yeah...'ser-vay' they call it. Least they stopped trying to get me to do 'cus-dums checks', having to inspect everything really gummed up the works for a month.>" Bob would bring the cart to a stop, applying a brake before he dismounted. He'd toss Gual a small coin purse. "You two, go inside and tell the barmaid 'Bob's usual plus two.' That'll get a pint
fer yourselves and one for me I'll be in in a bit."
He'd busy himself unhitching the horses and taking Paqu and Gual's horses, leading them into the stables.

Paqu would frown softly as he dismounted, leaving his spear on the horse, "Sharess tits I'd love a pint about now...much as I shouldn't."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:46 am

Anna look out the front and the back as they came to a stop nut would stay in the wagon so as not to he spotted and for other to ask questions and to slow them down but she would get up for a moment going to the back letting the flap down. Once it was she moved to the front a little looking over the left and right side seeing by chance if anyone is coming towards the wagon and getting a idea of were the others are before moving back onto the bed.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:37 pm

"Thanks." Gaul said as he caught the coin purse and nudged his horse over to the reins to park the black stead. Assuming Paqu was the other 'two'. But he didn't feel so well about leaving Anna all by her loansome with Bob. Not to say Bob was onto something, but after a harrowing chase from the surface to the underworld into Chel. It was still lingering in Gauls mind.

Walking into the dim tavern. People turned to look at the new comers before turning back to their drinks and meals. It wasn't packed so far, giving the drow some choice on where to sit. Taking a table by a wall so he could watch the coming and goings. "Bob's usual special plus two." He told the woman that came to their table. Gaul didn't add please in case that meant something else entirely.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:12 pm

The woman looked a bit angry as she took the order, "I suppose'n he'll want it just poured into the trough next to his bloody horses? <That man, I swear.>" Taking the coins, "Sorry dearies, shouldn't take out my agressions on you. <TOBY! Go help Boba with his horses.>" She'd call out as a young human would run outside , she'd disappear and come back with two pints of stout. "Not that mushroom stuff you folks be used to. Enjoy, and we've got rooms upstairs if'n yer parting ways with ole Bob." "We're sticking with him for now. Easy work on our way to something harder." Paqu would lie, hesitating a bit before taking a swig.

Bob would pass by the wagon speaking loud enough for Anna to hear him, "I need ta tend to the horses, there's a sword under the mattress if you need it." Heading into the barn with the cluster of horses.

Some time would pass before voices could be heard outside the wagon. "Damnit, this was supposed to be an easy score." "Weun't expecking no guards." one would say in broken drow. "We need to stash this till the heat's off." "Dey won cheek no waguns. 'Ere." A drow and an unusually large orc would heft a sack and toss it into the back of the wagon with Anna. The sack would make muffled noises and was moving a bit, tied off with a rope. "Alright, we need to scatter, meet up here in an hour."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:12 am

Getting herself comfortable and coverings herself up listen to bob as he come close to the wagon telling her of a sword under the mattress and what he will be doing once he was gone she was almost asleep to when there was someone around the wagon. Keeping herself still and quite looking slightly to the back when a sack was thrown in not seeing who tossed it in but hear the last words of coming back in a hour once she was sure they were gone she raised up quickly moving to the sack taking notice of the sound of someone muffled and it moving she would work to untie the top wondering who is within.
Rhung
Demon

Previous

Return to DT Freestyle