An unofficial roleplay subforum where you can roleplay in pre- or post-timeskip Raveran, Chel'el'Sussoloth, Nuqrah'shareh, or anything that catches your fancy in the Drowtales worldsetting. An approved character is not necessary to join, but worldsetting knowledge is required. Ask your questions in the Newbie School thread!

Wu Kong Village -1114- -Surface- (Open)

Re: Wu Kong Village -1114- -Surface- (Open)

Postby IkaikaKekai » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:57 pm

Makalah was munching on her riceball as she listened to the two sisters talk, she then thought about what kinds of things Miss D'ini would do for her grandmother. She would chew on the meaty 'core' of the riceball and her lips were a bit red from the spice. A rooster would fly up onto an open windowsill, flapping its wings and letting out a loud crow. Ukan would jump up with a start, "YAH!" Ukan would look over at the rooster and threw one of the smaller pillows at it. "Hey! Don't do that." Makalah would go over and pick up the pillow, dusting it off. "Stupid bird." The rooster would fly off and go back into the yard. "He's just doing his job." Ukan would fix her nightgown and walk over to the others, grumbling a little and rubbing her eyes.

Boki had just exited his home, wearing a warm coat as the wolf jumped over the garden wall. He let out a sigh. He didn't mind the wolf but he knew his wife despised poor Chezz for what the dog/wolf did to her garden. "Hey...You need to get out of here." he said to the wolf, he didn't know the 'magic' word to get him to leave, not that he would use it against him. He would limp over to the wolf, "Come on now. You need to go. Maybe the girls want to play with you."

Han and PIko talked and walked as they headed through the town to get to the area where the woodcutters were trying to set up a lumber mill. Han noticed Gual and waved to him, "Hail, sera Gaul." he said waving to the ex-Kyorl.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:00 pm

Anna ears would lower as she listen to mae of her tale of what happen to gaul at the Vloz'ress fortress she knows from experience that there has been small attacks on that place. "I am sorry to hear that mae about what happen to gaul just to tel why I was there with my mother she was meeting up with someone for business I stayed with a few of my other sibling while I was there I got three sister and two brother there." She says to her as she would eat the rest of her rice ball.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:25 am

Mae've jumped as the bird crowed loudly at the window. Scaring the ever living hell out of this poor half breed child, as she she never saw a roster this up close yet, that wasn't already on her plate for food.

"Is it his job to yell at us?" Mae've said as she had no idea rosters woke people up like alarms. "Don't be sorry Anna, its before either of us were born. Nothing we could have done... and I don't think my brother would like us very much if he was alive today. What with me having a lath for a mommy."

Mae've wondered what it was like having other siblings around. She just had her other sister at the farm, and she watched, and played with her all the time.

Chezz was most certainly looking for the girls. But he had no idea were to start looking other then here with the old people. "Woof," Chezz huffed and moved his face against Boki for some ear scratching. I like you humans alot. Where are the little buddies Of course Boki couldn't understand the black wolfs plights. Is the angry lady here? I like her too.

"Hello Hans." Gaul said as he started to strip to bath in the water. "How were the girls? Did Mae've stay out of trouble?" It wasn't like he was expecting Mae've to be a brat to the hiding Nal. But he was curious.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:10 pm

Makalah would nod, "Well...yes." she responded to Mae've, "They're supposed to wake everyone up." Ukan grumbled as she fixed her nightgown and moved towards the others. "Does he have to hunt me down to do it?" Makalah and the rooster would lock eyes now, "Go back in the yard." she said, the rooster would slowly turn on the windowsill and jump down. Those who were sensitive would know that there was a brief exchange of empathy. Makalah would then hand Ukan a rice ball, who started eating, she moaned softly, "This food is so tasty." Makalah tried not to think too much on the idea of siblings. "So what do you guys wanna do today?" Ukan asked between bites. "Oh, we could watch the <colorfish> eat <morning bugs>. If we hurry we can still catch it in the rice paddy. We might even get to see them fight."

Boki chuckled softly as he started to put his still lingering fears aside and pet the wolf. "Alright alright, but you still better get out of here before-" Pam'la let out a cry of shock from a window, "<AIYAH!> CHEZZ BATH TIME!" She called out the magic words that she was taught to make the wolf flee. Still not knowing what they meant.

The human with Han'yia turned away when he saw Gual undressing, "She was well behaved, taught the girls how to play rummy. Which was better than me teaching them poker I suppose. I just hope Ukan won't be a bad influence on her. Although she seems to be behaving better now as well." Han folded his arms, "Say...this might sound a bit odd, but do you have problems with goblin women staring at you when you bathe? I've had it happen to me more than once since coming here, but they usually hide or run away when I notice them." Piko chuckled softly.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:15 am

Anna would smile at the taste of the rice ball she finishes eating licking her lips as she hear ukan asking what they wise to do today to werw her ears would lower a little. "I am sorry ukan but I got to head out with the human tyler he should be here in a few moments I can not say why I have to leave early but well..... let just say I can not tell." She says to them as she looks over at mae. "I am still sorry to hear of this happing alomg with that I don't know when but I should have a chance to be back at this village if things go the way my mother wants." She says to her along with the other to were at the window tyler would lean in on the edge and look into the house to were his single eye would look at Anna. "Hello everone I sorry to bother everone but it time me and Anna to leave." He says to were she would get up and streach out before heading for the door. "I thank you all for the sleepover I hope we well have many more." She says to them.
Rhung
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:31 pm

((If you want just the basics, I have a TL;DR at the end))

((Sorry I vanished! My new job is helping people with developmental disabilities find and keep jobs. My company put me through ALL the training which is why my schedule's been so nuts. After two months of trainings, my schedule started to relax, so I hopped on here. The only downside is it's part-time... I am a few hours shy of getting insurance through my job. Until 2 weeks ago - good news! I have a new client! Which means I'm sitting right at the minimum number of hours for insurance. (Yay!) But that obviously took a chunk out of my time, and when I do finally get home there's a person at the computer... the resident teenager is writing again. Also yay, really... he's good... but inconvenient.

((Don't morn me yet; I'm thinking I'll be able to get on here in the mornings. My schedule is starting to regulate as I finish trainings, but it's going to be something like 10-6 Mondays, 9-6 Tuesdays, 10-7 Wednesdays (with like, a 4-hour break), 12-4 Thursdays, 11-8 Fridays and 6am-9pm Saturdays. Getting on here every day is sadly probably not going to happen (especially not on Tuesdays and Saturdays).

((Is there any way I can play when I don't really have a "turn" that y'all are waiting for, but I hop on when I can? I promise to make it as non-awkward as I can. And I've been playing for a decade or so, so I think I can handle that. :) If it does get awkward, I'll have D'ini be more introverted and all business, which was her original character, anyway.))

((TL; DR: Sorry it's so crazy! My work ratcheted up again. I'm happy about it but it'll take some getting used to, and I don't think I'll be strictly regular on here. Can I play irregularly?))

D'ini hadn't slept beside her mate in so long that her slumber was deep and dreamless. Even the bright light of the surface sun wasn't enough to rouse her this morning. When Gaul got up, she mumbled sleepily but otherwise didn't stir.

Niis, the light elf servant, was fretting at her mistress' bedroom door. The older servant, drowolath Uskai, patted her on the shoulder. "She'll be fine. The party last night, coupled with the travel... I expect she'll sleep a little longer."

Niis turned her worried eyes to him. "You were traveling with her. Do you need more rest? I can make breakfast for Gaul and Mae've..."

"I'll be fine." He gave her a rare smile but naturally, didn't elaborate. Instead he entered the kitchen. "I remember hearing that eggs are easy to get on the surface?"

"Yes. Cream and butter, too. Breakfast is an elaborate affair." She sighed and turned from the door, cheering up slightly. If nothing else, she could get up a wonderful breakfast for Gaul when he returned from his bath.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:14 am

((Here's a face I was wondering if I would see again XD. Glad to hear from you Bam. But I'm glad to see things are working out, I'm so happy to hear!))

((I think we could work something out in this rp, since its mulitple points of view at any given point. What do you guys think?)

"Oh, how strange. Do they make good pets?" Mae've said, as she had nothing like that in the underworld. Even in a place as close to it as Reaven was. No one really knew what time of the day it was. "Hmmm. I don't know, I havn't really given it much thought. You want to bother Chezz into doing something fun. But fighting fish sound fun."

But when Tyler showed up to take Anna away. Mae've felt the knot in her throat. "I guess this is good bye for now... are you going to say goodbye to dad?"

Mean while Chezz was being a big baby to the petting's he was receiving from the human Boki. But then all of that changed, as he looked up and heard those dreadful words. "Woof!? *eek*" He laid down on the floor by Boki and begged Pam'la against it with his yelping and moaning... but all she did was say that word again.

Jumping away. The wolf fled like he was chased out. Leaping over the fence cleanly and off he went.

"Good." Gaul said about his child behaving, and smiled to himself as Mae've loved playing it with his grandmother and aunts. "No I don't care enough." The suss said as he tripped naked and showed his scared body, that was cooked, chopped and broken time and again. This man was in a lot of fights.

Dipping himself into the water. It was a good second before he got used to how it felt. He doubted he could convince Dini to get out of bed, to come into the water with him.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:10 am

((We will make it work.))

Makalah was a bit surprised at Taylor's sudden appearance at the window. Makalah would look to Anna now, "It was fun." "Yeah, tell your mom to bring ya back sometime." Makalah wasn't quite sure what to say now, but she turned to Mae've, "Pets? Well...maybe? They don't really do any tricks. Hens lay eggs but roosters just crow. Father said you need roosters to get eggs but I'm not sure why."

Ikooba was a bit surprised when Chezz laid down, then retreated over the wall. He looked to Pam'la, "<Why did you just say 'bath time' in drow?>" "<Is that what I said? Miss Mae just said that's the way to get him to run away.>" Ikooba chuckled and picked up his walking stick, "<Well that was a bit rude. I think he was just looking for the girls, he didn't dig up your garden this time.>" "<This time, what about next time?>" Ikooba would just laugh and turn, heading out of the yard, "<We need sugar, I want to try making that cake recipe your friend gave me.>" "<Yes dear.>" Ikooba would wave and close his garden gate.

"Oh...well it's just slightly unnerving. I'm not sure why, I used to bath in public all the time back in Chell but I never got these kinds of looks." "Things are different here <General>, we don't like showing off our..." PIko thought for a moment, "Sticks?" "Pikes, pikes is what we're...oh...oh yes the whole modesty thing."
Last edited by IkaikaKekai on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:08 am

Anna would walk over to each of them and hug them as shw would speak up as she did. "I be back don't worry I sure my mom well have me back here soon then we can have even more fun." She says as she would head off through the door to were tyler would look to the three of tehm. "Thank you for letting her spend time with you I sorry for having to leave there is much going on right know and it for her safety." He says as he would walk away from the window and meet up with Anna to werw he would pick her up into her arms and would go look for asilly as she is walking through the market area of the village.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:31 pm

Mae've hugged her sister back, and whipped a tear from the rim of her eye. She didn't expect to get a little upset over it. But here she was saying goodbye to her sister for the first time. "I hope to see you soon then." She watched her sister leave for a moment, before returning her attention to her other friends.

"Crow huh." She thought about that for a moment. "Maybe my dad would know... We can ask him anything."

The dog was gone from the yard, but he still hovered around the fence. Sniffing and searching, Ikooba was right on the money that he was looking for the little drowlings. When the human came around, he made a pitiful moan sound from his muzzle, like he was sorry for not taking a bath.

Why would old lady give her a bath? The wolf wondered as he sat down and waited outside the fence.

If Gaul was bothered by others watching. He didn't show it as he dunked down and got himself all wet from head to toe. "They probablly like you." Gaul said to Hans as the male talked about his experinces bathing in the water. "Then how do your people normally bath around here?" The suss asked Plko, as he never thought about that.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Uskai regarded the eggs solemnly. There were no more than he was used to seeing... about a half dozen, all told. Normally one, with spider and rat meat, was breakfast for the entire family. Niis had finally stopped her silly emotional paralysis and was entering the kitchen area. He almost smiled. Despite the silliness, he loved his "sister" and was glad that she cared so much for everyone in the family.

"There's p'ork in the ice foci cabinet," she said. "It's a kind of meat up that's even better than fish. If you add a handful of that to all the eggs, I'll go replace them and get some ham for supper."

ALL the eggs!?! Uskai wasn't shocked enough to speak or even widen his eyes, but he did turn slowly to see if Niis was joking.

"Yes, all of them," she replied to his unasked question. She knew him as well as he knew her. "That way we'll only need a handful of p'ork. Eggs are less expensive... I can replace what we have there and more in five minutes for less than half a crescent ada." She picked up a basket. "In fact, I'll do that now. You've got breakfast covered."

Uskai nodded. Six eggs. Six! Ina'isi only got 2 on special occasions. Niis had been right. Breakfast was an affair.

Niis, meanwhile, stepped out into the village. The air was still chilly from the night before, but soon the sun would warm it. Her shopping list was simple: get more eggs and a few rashers of ham. She had only been out a few times, but finding the butcher was easy enough. She knocked on the door and tried to remember the goblin phrase for "Good morning, sir." <Goomorn, Unkile>?
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:52 pm

Makalah would frown a little as Anna had to leave, she would pick up the two crocs that her grandmother left them, carrying them outside and putting htem on the porch. "Let's get dressed and go watch the fishies." She would say before going to her bedroom to change, Ukan would grab another riceball to munch on as she went to get her clothes.

Ikooba would close his gate and look down at Chezz, "Are you looking for the girls?" he asked before petting the wolf. "They might still be at Boki's house." He looked at the wolf and contemplated trying to ride him, "<...No that's how you broke your leg last time.> Come Chezz." he said as he started walking to Boki's home. A pair of eyes would watch from the wall of the garden next door. "<Sleep with mongrols and you get fleas.>" the voice would say with some reserved anger. Ikooba didn't respond till he was out of earshot, "If you really want to dig up someone's garden...well let's just say that he would never give you a...<bath>." he said the word in Emberi to prevent the wolf from running off.

"We put up sheets and wash in tubs, boss. Though grandpa says they used to bathe together in the old days, before Wu Kong." "Is that what they were for? I thought they were for drying off." "That too." "Like me eh? I never thought of it like that. Though they did warn us about erhm...interspecies relations." Piko chuckled, "Guess they didn't warn you guys before San'Cho and Ai'Cho eh?" Han frowned, "Some of us don't listen to warnings." "Just make sure you <marry> em first eh?" Piko chuckled and nudged Han. "Though that might have been a bit weird, that woman marrying San'cho and Ai'cho." Han would clear his throat, "Well, we'll see you later then. Come on, we need to make some pikes."

The door would open with a tingling ring from a glass bell. "<Welcome to the shop.>" The butcher said in a chanty manner without looking up. While the building itself was tall enough to be comfortable for drow the counter was at Emberi height, allowing Niis if she was tall enough a view of what went on behind the counter, including the large hunks of meat hanging from hooks in the ceiling. The thud of a cleaver chopping into meat, "<Whatcha want?>" The Emberi would look up, seeing Niis, "Yoo waay." he would say before walking to the wall and pounding on it. "<Feng!>" There would be a yell from the other side of the wall, "<What?!>" "<Send your kid over I got another one.>" The butcher would move away from the wall and tap on a signboard that had some poorly written drow on it along with much better drawn and painted pictures of cuts of meat and prices in both gold and ada. He'd then go back to chopping meat before the bell would tinkle again and a small child came in with his hands and shirt covered in flour. "<Coming Uncle.>" He looked up at Niis with a smile. "Hello, do you know what you want, sera?" the child said in near perfect drow as he looked at Niis curiously.
Last edited by IkaikaKekai on Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:54 am

Tyler along with Anna would start there long journey to there next location as Anna would keep a hold om her shoulder as she would look back at the village one last time as shw would lay her hand down a little slowly going back to sleep. Back at rhe village asilly was heading acknowledge to the inn after looking around the market seeing that most of the people havw not arrive at the shoes yes she would decide to go check on the girls that had that sleep over last night making her way over to Boki home shw wounders what has happen last night with the sleep over.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:06 am

"Yeah!" Mae've said as she felt she could eat at least one more of the rice balls, before getting dressed and going outside with the rest of the girls. Clearing away some of the little moisture from her eye lids. She at least still had Makalah and Uka to play around with.

"Do you guy want to go for a swim? The weather might stay nice like this." The half breed with the rich blue eye's said as she got dressed again.

There was no doubt the wolf would have been more then happy to give the human embrie a ride on his backside. He was a work horse after all. When the human just walked by and called his name. The wolf got up and happily escorted the man. His tail curling up and wagging along the way.

Of course he didn't understand the Embrie word for bath, or that would indeed send the wolf scurrying away like a chicke. But he looked back at the other talking and wondered about their gardens and if they had any thing in them. Like foxes, he hated foxes.

"Later Han's." The male suss said as he washed his blonde hair.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:40 pm

Niis had never been called Sera before. It took her by surprise and she glanced behind her shoulder to see who the child was talking to. A second later she recovered enough to bow low and and say "I'd like some <haam> please." She had plenty of gold to pay for it.

She hadn't considered the language barrier when it came to the butcher. Gaul had been with her before. Her next stop, however, was the dairy, and the two of them had, in her opinion, a very friendly point-and-smile system worked out. ((I hope I'm not god-modding here! It just seems likely, since Niis would be doing a little shopping and doesn't speak emberi well. I can change it to the baker is fluent in drow or whatever you like.))

D'ini woke to the smell of frying eggs and pork. She took a moment to remember where she was... the daughter. Gaul. The village. She sat up groggily. She was alone, but someone was in the kitchen. "Gaul?"

"No, milady. Milord has gone to bathe, and Niis is getting p'ork and eggs. Mae've hasn't returned."

D'ini bit back the 3480th request for Uskai not to call her milady. It was the only request he didn't instantly follow. Instead she hoisted herself out of bed. Where was her robe? The only one she could find belonged to Gaul... the rest of her things needed to be unpacked. She shrugged into Gaul's robe, smelling him on it, feeling wrapped in his scent. It made her smile despite feeling like she must look foolish.

She padded into the next room. The house was quiet, and she eased into a seat at the table. She didn't quite feel at home yet, but she wasn't worried. It felt like when she moved to Chel, really.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to DT Freestyle