An unofficial roleplay subforum where you can roleplay in pre- or post-timeskip Raveran, Chel'el'Sussoloth, Nuqrah'shareh, or anything that catches your fancy in the Drowtales worldsetting. An approved character is not necessary to join, but worldsetting knowledge is required. Ask your questions in the Newbie School thread!

Wu Kong Village -1114- -Surface- (Open)

Re: Wu Kong Village -1114- -Surface- (Open)

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:30 pm

"There's a camp about 6 miles away...best estimate is around 40 drow with mounts, horses. There's a small group approaching the village from the camp, about 3 or so. There's another group approaching from the other direction in carts. Six carts and six mounted, riding birds. We're unable to determine the total number of people, but we can make out Illhar'dro clan symbols. They're approaching the village, about 4 miles out."

"Threat? What threat?" The innkeeper would ask, getting nervous, and somewhat confused, "Vel'akar? is that your clan? And who are these Black Sun?" He took the glass and gestured to one of the waitresses, "<Bring a pitcher of water back with you.>" He turned back to Elkantar, "You met others? Where? We've actually never seen any other of our kind aside from those in the village. Our ancestors had to flee some disaster several generations ago."

Han frowned, "I haven't done ANY training yet..." he stopped when a group of people came up, the female woodcutter amongst them, "What's the plan?" "Whasup boss?" Han took a deep breath, "Break up into groups of 10, there's the possibility of a hostile group attacking the village. We need to prepare defenses to meet them. Get everyone who isn't helping inside. The rest of us are going to build barricades in the streets." They all look worried, "You people are my Lieutenants, pick your squads and give them their orders. Start on the outskirts of the village. If you have any questions come to me." "We're gonna need more wood. I'll get my daughter to help make barricades with her earth sorcery." "Good, but tell her not to over exert herself." The group would disband and there'd be a rush of talk in Emberi as the groups got their orders, the 'militia' was slowly starting to organize.

Ukan and Makalah went silent, Makalah started to shiver a bit before Ukan touched her and she calmed down. When Gaul left she shut the door behind him and put a stick of wood in the track of the sliding door. She turned to Niis, looking him over before she went into the kitchen to start the fires like Boki asked. "Are we gonna be alright?" the Val would ask, following her friend into the kitchen in the back of the house.
IkaikaKekai
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Rhung » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:53 am

She listen to him telling her of a camp along with a group coming from it along with another group coming in from another direction along with he words Illhar'dro symbols begin seen. "So there already making there first moves here alright here what I need you to do keep those drone on them at all times send five more monitors here but keep them away enough that want be seen easily. Secound tell me when tbere about a mile out from the village on top of this get the war factor going tel them to start build drone but with weapon load out if thing go bad they will be helpful and lastly get the fleet ready and everyone else....... this is ether going to be a meeting or a slaughter." She would tell him getting up seeing that she has a little bit of time enough to intercept one group to get information while letting another come into the village or two group can intercept them but they will be out man and it going to take tike for the thing of the city to get here.
Rhung
Vel'akar

Postby Mullet231 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:18 am

Elkantar clears his throat to prepare to answer the questions the innkeeper rapid fired at him. "Oh, I should be more clear on what I was saying. This threat looming from what the other drow have mentioned is a large group of bandits known as the Black Sun. They pretty much go out to plunder the land around them bare for their own survival. As for what a Vel'akar is, its what I am. When a drow becomes a demon, there's a small chance they retain a sense of who they are. We call these smart demons Vel'akar, though I think your people have another word to describe... Oni, if I recalled correctly. As for other Emberi, I don't recall specific locations, just during my travels is encounter a few. Most were welcoming, and I very much appreciate that."

When hearing about how the Emberi at one point fled their homelands from a disaster many centuries ago, Elkantar pondered for a few seconds. "How funny... our ancestors had to do the same. As for what clan you think I belong to, I belong to none. I abandoned the clan I was born to, the Sharen, because of their betrayal to our empress, and to me, and the clan I sought refuge with for three decades, the Vloz'ress, collapsed and are no longer around thanks to their fortress being destroyed. Since then, I've been a nomad, wondering til I find a place to settle for a few." Elkantar would soon finish his meal and smile. "Delicious. Now, to find where that green haired lady you gave directions to went, so I can help plan for defense."
Mullet231
Nether Spawn

Clan: Sharen

Postby django » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:42 am

Mae didn't say anything on that matter. How would they ever prepare for a black sun attack like this. If they all lived after this attack, who knows, they might take their training more serious. Mae didn't want to split up her group. If there was anyone who needed to stick together was the highland raiders.

Getting Trintia to get the wolves in the stables. They would at least be mobile and be on the move when they needed to be.

"I'm not worried." Mae've said with some confidence that came from being in a bad spot before and coming out alright. "My father slayed a knight and black suns before... and besides, Chezz eats suns for breakfast. Don't you buddy." She said to give the wolf a pet but Chezz leaned over and licked her face practically off.

"Stop it, stop it." Mae've giggled as she tired to cover her face, but the wolf wouldn't let up.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:18 am

"That will take some time, the one montier we have en route is about a third of the way there. It should be sufficient to deal with the black suns if they're a threat and at the same time minimize our risk of exposure. We will continue to monitor the main camp for activity as well as tail the scouting group."

Pei became nervous as Elkantar explained things, mostly about the bandits, rather than about him being a demon, which he almost dismissed out of hand. "But...oni have horns, and giant fangs," he mimed both with his fingers, "you're..." he shrug, "Well, large, but that's somewhat normal for your kind." He got up from the seat he had took, contemplating what to do about the bandit situation. "Aiya...well if anyone can help it would be you I guess. My nephew Boki deals a lot with you people in your cavern, he's a merchant and just got home today. He should be there. Go out and take a left on the street, when you see our blacksmith take the next road on the right and go up the hill. He has a white wall in the front of his garden. The gateway should be large enough for you...well you'd have to stoop a little to go through but not as much. Nephew Boki built his home to entertain guests from the underground."

The group of people would start getting slightly less disordered as word started to spread about the plan. Han paced around a bit, he drew his raphier and used the tip to draw a rough map of the village that he could remeber with the tip. The woodcutters formed into their own little platoon and went off towards the woods with their axes and saws, commandeering a cart and ox along the way. A group of 'bystanders' were being organized now, they would disperse and start going door to door to tell everyone of the danger. "Han'yia?" He was drawing the roads into and out of the village, "Was something unclear about the orders?" Trian was taken aback, "Where is my daughter?" Han'yia looked up, "I'm sorry, who's your daughter?" "Ukan'nalah Val'Nal'sarkoth." It just dawned on her that she never personally met Han'yia. The light elf maid looked worried as well, "Oh. Lady Trian'nalah, I wasn't expecting you." "Perhaps not, but where is she?" Han pointed to a point on the map, "She's at a friend's home. It's just up the road there, next to that forge. I'd ask that you stay there with her, there's the possibility of a black sun raid." "You're supposed to be protecting my daughter." He looked at her with a slight glare, pointing the tip of his raphier at her, the maid moved in front of her defensively "Something I never agreed to. Something you blackmailed and coerced me into doing. You think that dropping your spoiled daughter and a fat sack of Ada in my lap in the middle of nowhere is a favor? All because I tried to warn one of the other clans about some nefarious experiment we took part in? That I and many others had to help cover up?" She was stunned, he lowered his rapier, pointing it towards Boki's house and resumed sketching the map, "Go protect your own daughter, I have an entire village I have to try and protect. Something I'm grossly unqualified to do yet was coerced into." Trian stood there, trying to speak. "I'm sorry..." she managed to say. "I am too...it's just...a stressful time right now."

Ukan and Makalah were in the kitchen, Makalah was struggling with a flint and tinder as she crouched down. "Can I do it?" she asked, "Okay." she handed off the flint and tinder to Ukan and she'd bend down striking it and using her sorcery to make the fire, smiling as she did. Makalah would shuffle around with a stool to get up to the counter. Ukan would start feeding log wedges into the oven. After a moment Makalah went back into the living room, looking at Niis somewhat sheepishly. "Um...can you get something for me?" she asked.
Last edited by IkaikaKekai on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
IkaikaKekai
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Rhung » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:53 am

Once jin was dome she would shut off the device and put it away looking around she would head the words of han and trian she would head to them need to speak to han taking notice of what she could tell were the arm forces of the village getting close she would speak to him. "Han I got some information I can't tell were i got but we got a camp about six miles away we got two groups coming here one from the camp the other it seems are coming from another direction...... they seem to have Illhar'dro symbols as well i got help coming but it be some time before they get here." She would tell him feeling him with her empathy she could tell that his stress is close to cruising him.
Rhung
Vel'akar

Postby Mullet231 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:02 pm

Elkantar chuckled a bit. "WHO knows? Maybe I'm using some mystical power to hide my features and appear like the drow." he let's out another chuckle as he sees the innkeeper's look of shock on his face. "I jest. And thanks for the directions, and the food. I'll be coming back for more once the bandits are dealt with." Elkantar then gets up and begins walking to Boki's home, placing his Morin Khuur on his back. Though, upon arriving, he would be distracted by birds flying above him, and walk into the arch of the gateway. "GAH!"
Mullet231
Nether Spawn

Postby django » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:35 am

The ex templar arrived with his dark steed to the group. More of the image of a classic knight then the hightland raiders. Some wondered who Gaul was as they never saw him dressed like this or arrive in such a fashion. While not lost, Gaul was wondering who was taking command of this situation. Never really hung around the Sarghress or Han, he kept mostly with his family or the place he was renting.

"Yes my lady?" The light elf looked at Makalah with a little wonder about why she wanted to talk to her. "Your miss Ma'ves friend are you not?"

Mae've herself didn't seem to take much of a notice about the elves talking together. "We could ask Nii's to help with lunch. She cooks for us most of the time. My father said my mom can't cook to save herself. I remembered she took me to a dinner where she was invited to cook with the family. She was funny at it, my father had to save her from it when he got there."

All the while the giant wolf just laid nicely on the floor like he was always meant to be.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:21 pm

Han would turn to Asilly, "Illhar'dro?" He thought for a moment, then looked to the crowd that was still organizing, "It might be a trade caravan. Which way are they coming from?" he pointed out the map in the dirt he drew. "Mae, Gaul, please come here." he said as he looked around the crowd for them. Trian and Lae'lie would bow and leave, "I need to get to my daughter, I'm sorry. Once I know she's safe I'll lend my summons to the defense."

The yard Eklantar walked into was landscaped, a small sand garden off the path leading to the house. A few mana plants were hanging from the the walls, being well taken care of. There was a small tree planted, with some benches near it.

Makalah wasn't used to an older light elf calling her 'my lady', she was one of the lowest on the slave hierarchy and too young to stand up for herself. "I can't reach a pot on the top shelf and father asked me to wash the rice." She looked to Mae've, "Uhm...I guess. I'm suppose to help prep the kitchen for <grandmother>." Ukan would come out of the kitchen now, slightly worried looking and some soot on her face, "Did you guys hear that?" She moved over to the doorway, climbing up on a chair to look out the window after pushing it open. She caught sight of Elkantar and sheared before slamming the window closed. "Demon! Big Demon!" she said as she nearly fell off the chair.
IkaikaKekai
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Rhung » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:40 am

She look down at the map that was made in the dirt reaching into her pocket in her clothing she would pull out the disk once again to get a idea of were they are coming according to the map and if they are any other coming through the woods. "Jin could you give me a full idea of were this two groups are coming into the village and send a drone this way if you could along with a map uploaded into it system." She said into it as she looked to Han seeing that him and the other are going to have a lot question here in a bit but this village need to be safe.
Rhung
Vel'akar

Postby Mullet231 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:47 pm

Rubbing his head, Elkantar would walk around the garden, amazed at how well kept it is. He would grab two of the mana plants, taking in a good sniff as the mana was drained out of them and into him. "Ah, that took care of my headache." before placing the now empty pots back in their place and walking to the front door, knocking on it and waiting outside.
Last edited by Mullet231 on Fri May 03, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mullet231
Nether Spawn

Postby django » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:11 pm

"I can show you in a moment. My daughter is with her." Gaul said Hans as the lath inquired. It was a good time as any to show him. If the black suns decided to attack it could be soon or it could be never.

"Oh. Most certainly." Nii's said as she was being very helpful to the little girl. Standing up to reach for the pot ontop of the shelf. The elf servant then asked. "I could cook for you. I've learned how to make rice."

Mae've also added. "Nii's is a good cook too." But when Ukan was talking about something at the door. Chezz started to Growl like a demon himself at the trespasser at the door. *WOOF WOOF* He barked as his feet thumped as he went up to the closed door.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:41 pm

Han'yia would mutter a bit, "Jin...isn't that..." he trailed off as a voice came from the device. "The blacksuns are camped to the north east, the scouts are coming from that direction through the woods. Working to upload the latest map now..." Han would start sketching out the outskirts as best he could with his rapier and made sun symbol in that direction. "The caravan is coming in along a southern road." Han would draw the road and put birds on it. "Sera Gaul, if I could ask you to mount up and scout the the group coming from the south. Mae, if you and the Sarghress could search the northeast for the scouts. Use flares, red if they're hostile. Green if not. I'll light off one if something happens here." He started going over the village map he made. He'd draw boxes and Xs along the roads and in between houses along the northwest. "Squad Leaders!" he called out to the group that was still organizing, the volunteers from earlier came back up. "We need to make barricades here, here, and here. Make sure the people in these houses are safe... We should also post lookouts around here to keep an eye out for the blacksuns." he drew another square further north. "SOmeone needs to go check on the old man and woman here and their grandchildren, the wood carvers, bring them into the village so we can protect them if needed."

Boki would slowly walk into the yard from the front gate, his parents with him, they were all worried. Pam'la had a bundle of things with her, "<But what's going on?>" Boki had his sword on his hip and a crossbow slung across his back. "<Blacksuns, they're a group of bandits, they attacked the caravan I was with when I went to Chell, part of why I'll never go there again.>" She gasped, "<Are the girls safe?>" "<Yes mother, they're in the house, I didn't tell them yet, I don't want them to worry.>" Ikooba was limping along with his walking stick and a sword on his hip as well. "<You should have let me found my crossbow, I could help.>" "<Father, you can't even cock it anymore with your good leg...>" The group would pause as they saw a large man standing outside the door and Pam'la shrieked, "<It's a giant!>" "<Mother, please.>" Boki had his hand on his crossbow, "Hail stranger, may I ask what you're doing here?" The fat little emberi would ask Elkantar.

Ukan started running around in a panic, Makalah would lower her ears, "What?" "There's a big demon outside! He's in the yard! He's gotta be like a berserker or something, that's the biggest one I've ever seen!" Makalah would put the pot back on the counter, cooking seems to be the lesser importance now. "What are we going to do?"
Last edited by IkaikaKekai on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IkaikaKekai
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Rhung » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:36 pm

She listen to jin on were the camp was located a long with the current position of the black sun follow by the other group coming towards the village looking at Han as he gave out orders. "Scouting will not be necessary I got my own eyes out there we need them here jin if you can get the drones in close to both of this group and do a full scan on them to see what they have and scan for any nether energy. Further I don't want to take any chances here bring the monitor to the village now Han I have to ask how long would it take to fully move the entire population of the village out of this location?" She would ask him and of the volunteers that were present.
Rhung
Vel'akar

Postby Mullet231 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:35 pm

Elkantar turns around to see Boki and his parents walking by, with Boki more than likely ready to defend himself. Turning around, Elkantar tries his best to present himself in a friendly manner, despite his large and imposing frame and his demon eyes. "Please, I mean no harm. I was told the green hair Drowolath lady was coming here, and I simply followed the innkeeper's directions so I can help in defending against the Black Sun. If I'm correct, you must be Boki, right?" He says, relaxing his pose. If one were to see the mana plants, two of them now appeared shriveled up.
Mullet231
Nether Spawn

PreviousNext

Return to DT Freestyle