An unofficial roleplay subforum where you can roleplay in pre- or post-timeskip Raveran, Chel'el'Sussoloth, Nuqrah'shareh, or anything that catches your fancy in the Drowtales worldsetting. An approved character is not necessary to join, but worldsetting knowledge is required. Ask your questions in the Newbie School thread!

Wu Kong Village -1114- -Surface- (Open)

Re: Wu Kong Village -1114- -Surface- (Open)

Postby Mullet231 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:57 am

((Alrighty. Entering this late also...))

Just outside the village came a rather large male in some form of makeshift blue armor and a cloak over him, with a Vloz'ress like mask to hide his features, representing a rather cartoonish angry face. On his back was a two-stringed instrument with a bow, and a coin bag attached to his belt. He came walking into the village with a rather angry strut, stomping his boots into the dirt path that led to the main road, til he came to a halt in the center of the village. "Let's see what this little town has to offer..." he said to himself as he scans the surrounding area around him.
Mullet231
Nether Spawn

Clan: Sharen

Postby Mullet231 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:07 pm

(I hope I didn't kill this thread)
Mullet231
Nether Spawn

Postby django » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:37 pm

(No no, we are just waiting for Isaiah to post, and even if hes busy we can post ahead later.)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Mullet231 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:41 am

(Ah, gotcha)
Mullet231
Nether Spawn

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:26 am

Zuhur tilted his head a little still looking at Nal'sarkoth. "Well, I hope so too. It would be a shame if fighting would continue again. We've longed for peace for a long long while, but... It needs two for the dance. And, I guess I could try the sauce, yes. He leaned onto the table and tapped it a few times. Things going on at Chel were not happy ones, even though peace was acquired. Hungry people, sick people. And angry people, at most still wanting the Sharen gone. "Water please. And truly to speak, If the news have reached some over here, the Ill'haress of Nal'Sarkoth was killed. By whom, we do not know..." He would sigh heavily.
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Mullet231 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:12 pm

The large male would walk farther into the village, until he finds himself in front of the inn. Staying on the porch of the building, the large man pulls from his cloak a deep pan dish and took the two stringed instrument, called a Morin Khuur, off his back and begins playing a melody while throat singing as well.

((https://youtu.be/ZqkrBkITgD0 what a Morin Khuur sounds like))
Mullet231
Nether Spawn

Postby django » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:39 am

(Please try to keep posting in order if you please, so we can keep things in turn.)

"Holy shit." Mae said as she almost lifted her drink up for a drink. A Ill'haress dying was anything but good news, and not one as neutral as the Nals would be. The next person in line might take up a side, or worse a power play erupts and engulfs the clan in infighting. "I hope things are in order for a successor. That could turn things ugly."

"I'll take a pork bun plate with some rice to go with it. And another one of these to drink please." The Sarghress said to the waitress as he turned her head outside and heard the music playing. "Volz'ress? I wonder what one of them is doing up here." Mae wondered if Che was around here... not likely. But who knows.

Chezz skirted around the cow to come up along side Boki and walk along side him. His panting tongue hung out as he was all excited to see the fat man. "Hello Boki!" Mae've said to the human driving the cart. "I hope your travels went well."

Trinita relaxed just a little when Han's finally showed up. No sign of Mae yet, but they needed to make the call now. He was sure Mae would back up their play when she saw Tyler. "I didn't know Asiliy was still here... but yes, we can bring her if she is."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:44 pm

((Yeah, current order would be me, Rhung, Mullet, Isaiah, Django))
"How can you be sure?" he asked the human, pacing around, "Goddess damn it, we're so unprepared, I don't even have my raphier on me." He sighed, "Things need to change around here. The last thing this place needs is a Blacksun raid." The Woodcutter looked around, "I'll let my mate know. He still has his armor and and weapons from when he was in the Sharen army." "Could you let Lady Asilly know first, please? I think she's serving drinks at the Inn." "Okay, I'll do that, get my mate, then drag the rest of the woodcutters here." She'd drink some more water before heading off.

People would take notice of the large man, the more curious and braver ones following him, chatting in Emberi. "<Look at his eyes.>" "<Forget his eyes, look at his size.>" "<Why is he wearing a mask?>" They would give him a wide berth but didn't go out of their way to avoid him. As he set up outside the inn and started playing the people would speak a bit more openly, but were silenced a bit, listening to him play and sing. One man would go up and drop a half ada coin into the pan. Followed by another dropping in a couple gold pieces, a few others would follow with various bits of coin from different kingdoms and from the underground.

Trian would look at Mae, "It wasn't just one Illharess. Quaintana died as well. Some sort of coup attempt from what I heard. They're already spinning epic tales about her death." The maid would speak up, "Yes, I heard a few rumors at the market, a hundred crossbow bolts each in her chest and back, the traitor's wolves wouldn't attack her. They also say she died standing up, holding two of the traitors, one in each hand by the throat, and they couldn't pry them off of her so they died." Tiran would put a hand on her, "It would be best if you don't repeat those rumors. Lady Asilly was distraught enough. The Vloz'ress Ill'haress also perished, most of this happened during that strange...mass blackout. As for heirs...I believe Quaintana's daughter is their Ill'haress now. Rel'lumia's replacement is a bit...more profit oriented than most would like." Quain Yi would start writing down things, "Okay so water, and what else?" "There was this lovely berry wine I had last time in here that I never did get the name of. Two glasses of that if you please. Oh, why not I'm paying anyway, a bottle for the table and four glasses." "Oh, I'll just have water as well." The light elf would say, the Val leaned over and squeezed her shoulder, "Lae'lie, you won't have many duties until the house is built. Relax a little. This is probably the closest to a vacation you've gotten since you've worked for me." Quain Yi would write down the order, "One Boki Snack, Pork Bun Plate, sida rice, one beef bowl, sweet sauce, and dumpling soup. Berry wine for the table and glasses of water. I get right on that." she waited a bit for any last second orders before heading to the kitchen.

Boki had to keep his new ox under control as it started to freak out from Chezz's presence. "<Aiya! Calm!>" He looked to the wolf that was alongside his cart, "Girls! Why are you..? Oh nevermind. How are you all? I have a couple gifts for the three of you. Some candies in the underground." He smiled, "I had a hard time not eating them all. <Easy! Easy Rau'k.>" He commanded the Ox in Emberi. He turned to them and started heading towards his home, "Oh yes, very well. There's another surprise for little Ukan'nalah." he said, being a bit coy. The Val perked up, "What is it?!" He chuckled, "You'll have to wait for that. It's so good to see you all again."
Last edited by IkaikaKekai on Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IkaikaKekai
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Rhung » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:37 am

Tyler would look at Han as he as he pace around as he would try and stand up understanding his fears knowing what the blacks in will do if they do form a raid. "Look letting fear get the best of you is not what we need asiliy here we will be safe and as i said the chances of a raid are small..... but if one does happen then we shall follow asiliy on what to do if it comes to that." He said leaning on the table a little his head spinning a little he would rube his forehead as he work to get his footing and bearing.
Rhung
Vel'akar

Postby Mullet231 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:42 pm

((Gotcha. I'll stay in order from now on.))

As coins fell into the deep dish, the large man kept on playing his songs. One song, sung in Chelian, details the flight of the ancient dragons, described as colossal beings with long bodies and a mane like that of a lions, and were of immense power that they held dominion of the sky and seas. The next details another story of how the demons a millennia ago were defeated in which the gods of old descended from the heavens and sacrificed their divinity to remain on the earth til all the demons that destroyed the old world were no more, and sacrificed their lives in the process. Once finished, he would gaze up to see the response from the audience he built up.
Mullet231
Nether Spawn

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:42 pm

He frowned as Trian would start telling the death of the other side of the alliance. He would have wanted to tell it at better time, but the beans were already spilled. Though, the Vloz'ress Ill'haress was not a big loss, death of Quintana would cause quite a stir in close future. That of he as was sure. He just stared at the table, fiddling with the surface, waiting for Mae's reaction. Afterall, losing an Ill'haress would be quite bad news.
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:35 am

"What?" Mae said as she felt like her world was suddenly off balanced. News about this did not come to her of this until now... Now was a question if she was still employed or suddenly under new management. Goddess knows she didn't like her 'replacement' nor did she like the other looking for Quins place of power.

"Fuck me. What am I going to do, this above my paygrade to think about this shit..." She mumbled and cursed, and leaned against the wall because Embries didn't have chairs. She almost looked like she had a hang over all of a sudden. Clearly the she wolf was thinking on how she was going to tell her pack.

"I bet this will make someone happy on your side." Mae raised a glass to the Sharen she sat across from. "But goddamn, I hope Mel doesn't take over... or my Mom." No she didn't expect Trian to know who the hell either of those two were

"We are going out for a ride." Mae've said as she held on to Mak as Chezz bounced along and followed Boki along the road. "Oh candies! What did you get?" Candies from the underground were very different then the sweets they had up here. She hasn't had much since they been here on the surface, but Mae've missed some of them.

"You should stay down for a while." Trinita said as he tried to convince Tyler to stay on his back for the time being. If there were Black Suns around... they probably would wait until night fall when the humans were at their weakest.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:23 pm

Han'yia would pace about a bit, turning to Trinita, "I'll be back, I need my weapons and I think Sera Boki had armor for me." He'd bow and head off towards Boki's house.

Some of the older Emberi didn't understand the words but enjoyed the song anyways. Those that could speak drow and understand Chellian would be a bit confused by the song about the demons. A small group of men were chatting amongst themselves at the back of the group, they would mutter in agreement before they split up. Once the singing was over they would all clap and a few would drop more coins into the plate. An old woman came out of the Inn and held out a small plate of riceballs to the large bard. Bowing her head as she offered them, "<Your singing is so pretty. It reminds me of my husband's voice.>" A lath woman would rush by the crowd and dash into the inn, her mind not even registering the berzerker.

Trian would look to Mae, "I'm not familiar with all the players in your clan. When i left, Quaintana's daughter Ariel was named Ill'haress, but there was a secondary leader mentioned, Koil'dorath." She sighed, "And also from what I heard, Zala'ess was unhappy with Quaintana's death." She would frown, "It's unfortunate that I'm the bearer of such bad news today. I'm half expecting to have to tell some child that their beloved pet died." sighing, "Our leaders die but we must carry on as we were. Albeit no longer at war. I've no idea what your standing orders were. Mine were to establish a Trade and Relic Hunter's office here. And to ensure that this village remains independant. Not that that midget...erm...not that the new Ill'haress needs to know that." Quain Yi would return, setting glasses of water on the table in front of Zahur and Lae'lie, as well as setting down a bottle of wine and four glasses. The woodcutter would rush from the door to the bar, before rushing upstairs.

There'd be a knock on the door, "Miss Asilly?!' the knocking became rapid, "Miss Asilly, there's an injured goblin asking for you! He mentioned something about blacksuns." The woman would brace herself, hands on her knees as she caught her breath, "Sharess' tits...I'm out of shape. I need to do more than woodcutting."

"I can't remeber the names, and the flavors are rather strange to me, but I've got quite an assortment." The fat merchant would say as he lead the odd precision to his home. "How has everything been in the village?" he'd ask the girls, wanting to get their side of any stories he heard. "And have you been keeping up with your lessons and chores?" he asked Makalah, "<Yes Father.>" The light elf would respond. Ukan was getting impatient as well as excited, "Can't you tell me the surprise?" Boki would just chuckle.
IkaikaKekai
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Rhung » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:21 am

Tyler looked at Trinita hearing his words as he did what he could to stand up fully on his feet as spikes of pain would shoot through his body from the movement. "I understand your concerne but if the off chance the black sun do show up your going to need all the help you can get besides I been hurt a lot worse then this." He would tell him as he would try and walk keeping his hand on the table.

Back at the inn within asiliy room there be sound of movement along with the sound of something heavy begin moved before she would open up the door looking at the woman who was breathing hard. "Were is he is he alive still?" She ask her.
Rhung
Vel'akar

Postby Mullet231 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:41 am

The large man would keep note of the small group whispering in the back but decided to shrug it off as nothing of importance. looking to his side he takes note of the Emberi woman offering the riceballs, and although he did not have a firm grasp of the Emberi language, he understood the gesture and took the plate, moving his mask out of the way to eat the rice balls. "Thank you, ma'am." He would say in a bellowing voice as he devoured the riceballs one at a time. While eating, he took note of the Drowolath female that rushed into the inn. fixing his mask back on and placing the dish down beside his Morin Khuur, he walks into the inn to check up on the female to see what the hurry was, eyeing those inside before his gaze was fixed on the Sharen Dragonknight for a few seconds. pushing back his instinctual rage, the Berserker looks to the people and speaks. "Is everything alright? I'd be willing to offer a helping hand if needed." if one looked at the Berserker now they would see a large male Drowolath standing 250 cm tall, wearing makeshift blue armor with the cloak pushed aside and mostly behind the large man like a cape, and to Zuhur, it resembles the design of Sil'lice's bloodline, a kind of armor design he probably hasn't seen in roughly 32 years since their disappearance after the Nid War.
Mullet231
Nether Spawn

PreviousNext

Return to DT Freestyle