An unofficial roleplay subforum where you can roleplay in pre- or post-timeskip Raveran, Chel'el'Sussoloth, Nuqrah'shareh, or anything that catches your fancy in the Drowtales worldsetting. An approved character is not necessary to join, but worldsetting knowledge is required. Ask your questions in the Newbie School thread!

Wu Kong Village -1114- -Surface- (Open)

Re: Wu Kong Village -1114- -Surface- (Open)

Postby Bamawing » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:57 pm

((Ack! I'm sorry - my past few days have been busy. I sat down here like 3 times yesterday, dashed off a sentence a time, and had the resident teenager turn off the computer before I could save. Doh!))

Sae'lors? There were places up here without landmarks? Unfamiliar ones, probably. Well, there would be more stars over cities, that made sense. She gazed heavenward again, surprised at how many stars there were. They were growing in number, it seemed. But the lights of the village were dimming... how strange!

Ikooba shook her out of her reverie. Oh! A plate for Niis... she stood to bow her appreciation. "<Thank yoo Pam'la.>"

And now Asilly wanted to talk to her about something. Interesting.

In the meantime, she settled back with her glass of wine. Her attention turned to the stars again. Ikooba would know... "Ikooba," she asked, a bit shyly. "These are the stars over our village, yes? Do they have names?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:29 am

"Oh Niss. <Thank you very much>." Gaul smiled as he took the plate, and replaced it with his dirty ones from his family. Mae've saw Makalah helping her grandmother, and wondered if she could help them with the chore. "Momma, can I help Mak and her grand mother too? She helped me clean up after I got dirty." The little half breed girl turned to her lath mother, as she watched her other half sister help too.

"Momma, how many half sisters do I have?" She asked her, as she counted on her fingers for a moment. She had one more sister with her father that wasn't Anna. Sarnika!

Gaul looked at Asiliy, and wondered what else she wanted to talk about. "What would you like to talk about?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby IkaikaKekai » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:39 pm

Makalah would look at Anna a moment, "You...wanna know about me?" She would grab a plate from her grandmother and wipe it off, handing it to Mae've, "They go in there." she said pointing toa cabinet on the floor, the plates would go on a rack.
Ikooba would sit down at the table and pour another cup of wine. "Well, we don't really name individual stars, but we do name constellations." He'd point up, "That is <The Huntsman>, those three clusters nearby are his dogs. Although the Raiders call them Quain'tana and her wolves." he chuckled and sipped his wine. "That is <The Stag> further to his right.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:48 pm

Anna would look at Makalah with a smile as she nodes to her. "I have rarely seen a light elf and not only that I like to know how you got to this village living with humans I find it strange but unique most light I know of live within a forest that far from here and well..... as far as I know no one can go there because the forest there cma well kill you along with strange creatures that live there as well." She says to her as to the others as she waits for her mother to get back after going to tyler.
Rhung
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:20 am

((Sorry! I know I dropped off the face of the earth... I got a job!! Between that and the holidays I've been running around like crazy. I have another job that will start in January, but after I adjust to all that I should be able to get into a routine. Also, Merry Christmas to all that celebrate, and if you don't I hope you have a fantastic day anyway!))

D'ini nodded to her daughter... helping to clean was apparently the custom. Then she smiled. "I'm glad you are quick to show appreciation," she mused, pride in her eyes and voice. "Too few people understand gratitude. Never lose that, OK?"

The question of how many half-sisters she had was a trickier one. Had they told her about Anna? D'ini didn't think so... but she wasn't sure. She decided to sidestep it. "On my side you have one older sister, and Pon'i is like your brother. On your dad's side, you'll have to ask him."

"<Thunzzman>," she attempted, and pointed to the little clusters. "And his wolves." She hadn't heard the word "dogs" but for the purposes of this conversation, she could handle a reference to the Mercenary Queen. "And <th'stag.>" She squinted above and could make out, maybe... "Wait - Stag? Big, with branched horns?" She had run across an old Dutan'vir vase at some point and was taken with the beauty of the clan animal.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:35 am

(And I'm back too. And great to hear Bam! Hope everyone had a good holidays.)

"Oh ok." Mae've said to her lath mother, as that answer seemed to satisfy her curiosity. "One sister on my moms. Plus, Sanika... plus dads other kids..." It sounded like it was adding up to five to her.

Taking the plate and putting it into the cabinet where her elf friend was pointed. Mae've was all smiles as she not only was helping but her mother said nice things about it. She could only imagine what her grandmother would say about it. She probably wouldn't like it that she was helping with the house work.

Sipping back his wine and listened to the star consolations and their names. He would tell Ikooba not to worry about everyone about Quin and her wolves. The Sarghress movement will hopefully pass over and leave better days ahead of it.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:33 am

Ikooba would gesture to the men as he picked up the glasses and bottle of wine, setting them on the, "If you could help take the table inside please?" Han'yia would stand at one side again, his back to the table as he lifted it up and waited for Gaul to pick up the other end. Ikooba sat down on the cushion with his leg sticking out with a slight groan, "I wish we had some hotsprings about now. It's going to be a cold winter when it comes. I can feel it in my knee." He'd look to Dini and nod, "Yes, that's the one. The males have <antlers>, or branched horns. The Females and young males usually only have little nubs."
Makalah would look at Anna as she dried off a plate. "I..." "She was an orphan in Chell, Sera Boki found her and adopted her." she said telling a half truth. Makalah would look down, "I was a slave, and my old owner traded me to father instead of paying for her purchase. But he didn't understand what happened. He didn't want to buy me but when someone offered to buy me from him he refused." She'd put wipe the last plate as Pam'la wiped her hands on an apron, "Slavery is forbidden in Wu Kong, father could get in trouble if anyone knew."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:26 am

Anna would look at Malakar with wide eyes and lower ears at hearing her story as she would get up close to her as she speak up. "I am sorry for that has happen to you dear I truly am but at least you havw good friends and a adoptive family..... also Malakar if you like tonight or one day when I come back to the village I could tell you the history well as much as I know of the light elfs." she says to her as she would step back as she would look about as she hear about the name of the stars from the other only hearing small bits not fully paying attention but behind them returning from the inn after tending to tyler asilly has return she was rube the back of her head and giving out a sign. "So did I miss anything also tyler says Thank you." she says to ikooba and the other about the food.
Rhung
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:04 am

D'ini listened to the conversation about slavery without comment. It was true that Uskai and Niis had been slaves... Uskai might still be one, she wasn't sure. She hadn't freed him, but her sister might have... in any event he hadn't worn a collar in probably a century. Now that he was here, she'd have to check. He deserved freedom.

Niis she had personally freed at least twice. It might be worth reminding the girl now that they were on the surface. Had she even noticed the other light elf in the village?

Speaking of Uskai, he was the best at making air warm. D'ini had never dealt with seasons before, but she remembered well that Chel was colder than the warm Dendal compound. She made a mental note to bring him to Ikooba to help with chills.

She smiled at the <Stag> in the sky. "<Antlers,>" she murmured to herself, for once getting the word completely accurate. She looked at the top of the sky, the very zenith. "What's that one called?" she asked, incorrectly reasoning that it was the one that would always be directly above her village. ((She's gonna be amazed that the stars move.))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:18 am

Gaul got up with a groan that came with being too comfortable in his cushion seat, and helped the embrie with taking the table back into the house as carefully as he could without banging his head on anything.

"Daddy. What where the names of your kyorl kids." Mae've tugged at her fathers kimono. "Tolo, Lin, and Arimil." He said without missing a beat. "Thank you." She smiled before going back into the kitchen to help. "Mahalah. You could talk to Nii's if you'd like. Shes a light elf like you, I'm sure you and her would get along. But shes a servant tho. Remember the elf lady who was scared of Chezz when he wanted to be pet."

Poor poor Nii's. But Mae've could imagine why people where scared of the giant wolf even if he only wanted pets.

Gaul came up right behind his drowlath wife and took her with a hug from behind as she looked at the stars. "They move you know."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:02 am

Makalah did cheer up a bit as she thought about the strange man that not only didn't just leave her on the streets of Chell, but the family that adopted her without any hesitation. She would look to Anna, "I don't really know anything about other light elves. I don't even know who my parents were..." She looked at Mae've, not sure how to respond about talking to another light elf, the few she interacted with in the Sharen were not very nice to her. She would nod to Mae've if she was asked if she remembered the other elf that was scared by Chezz. The last plate was put away and Pam'la would wash her hands before going outside to join her husband and the others.

Han would set the table down more or less where it was before following Gaul out, ducking his head down as he exited and sat down on a cushion, grabbing his cup of wine from the porch as he sat down. Ikooba would lean over and grab Asilly's glass, handing it to her, "Oh, not much, just some questions about the stars and what we named them."

Ukan would ask the others as she walked out, "Hey, do you guys wanna play tag again?"
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:57 am

Asilly would look up at the stars as she heard ikooba say they were telling about there names she would take the glass that he handed to her as she would sit down next to him and would take a sip as she would look over to him. "My mother once had a star chart that mapped hundreds of them she even through the use of a powerful and unique telescope were able to look at them...... also stars are different colors my mother believe that the color of a star tell how hot it is along with the size a blue one for example is the hottest while our for example a how she called it a main sequence stars is cooler but it no one any were near the word cold...." she says as she sit the glass to the side and looks up to the sky as up above a flaming trial can be seen passing over the area above the village. "And there goes a shooting star it not a actually star it a piece of rock a small one burning up through the atmosphere some of those rocks can get big though very big......" she would says as she keeps a eye out for others.

Anna would get close and give Makalah a hug after hearing she does not know of her parents were she would let her go and look at her with a smile. "Well if you like you can be part of my family as well my mother tend to a bring other into our family even if there not blood related..... if you ever need help with anything don't be afraid to write know ukan what is this hide and seek?" She asked her as she has not play the game.
Rhung
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:00 am

((Happy New Year, everyone!))

"They... move?" They looked stationary to her. "How? Where do they go?" She gazed at the Stag, feeling somewhat sad that she might not always see him winking down at her. She moved her hand over her mate's, hugging herself around her middle. As long as he didn't go anywhere, she'd be all right. She let her head tilt back, brushing his cheek with her ear.

Her face softened in total wonder as she simply looked at the stars.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:13 am

Mae've followed Pam'la out the door. "Tag! I havn't played tag since I lived in Chel." The poor girl didn't have many chances to play with other children since leaving Chel. Until coming up here, she had only Nii's to play with and it wasn't exactly the same thing as having other her age to play with.

"You never played?" Mae've said as Anna said never played hide and seek before. "We should play with Chezz, I bet he could find anyone. But this is how you play tag." The half breed reached out and touched Ukan on the shoulder, "Tag your it! Now you run before she tags you."

Mae've ran and backed away from Ukan, running before her friend had a chance to tag back.

Gaul shrugged his shoulders as Dini asked how or why the stars moved. He didn't understand the details, but they always seemed to come back. But when she nudged him, and traced her long lath ear on him. Gaul's strong arms took a hold and hug on this woman.

"They don't go anywhere. You'll see tomorrow if the skies are clear at night."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:05 pm

Ikooba didn't understand Asilly as she started talking about 'sequences', but Pam'la would sit next to him as he sipped some more wine. "<Are you sure you don't want any?>" "<Oh...I guess a little will be fine.>" She would take his glass and sip some wine as they stared up at the stars and Ikooba tried bring her up to speed in Emberi. "Well, most of them don't go very far. I've met some sailors that can tell what time of year it is just by the stars." Han spoke up now, raising his glass, "I'd like to thank you all, for helping Ukan'nalah and myself settle into our new lives, for keeping our secret. And most important of all, for being friends. I hope that when we get our home built we can invite you all over for dinner."

"You everyone hides but one person has to find eve-HEY!" Ukan would try to tag Mae've back and Makalah would just dash off. Ukan looked at Anna and would try to tag her now as Makalah ran across the pond bridge.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to DT Freestyle