An unofficial roleplay subforum where you can roleplay in pre- or post-timeskip Raveran, Chel'el'Sussoloth, Nuqrah'shareh, or anything that catches your fancy in the Drowtales worldsetting. An approved character is not necessary to join, but worldsetting knowledge is required. Ask your questions in the Newbie School thread!

Wu Kong Village -1114- -Surface- (Open)

Re: Wu Kong Village -1114- -Surface- (Open)

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:00 pm

Han would finish his bite of dumpling, "Well, we explored a ruins nearby. Maybe an hours walk round trip?" Ikooba spoke up, "Yes, that's where my son first ran into your people. I wish he was here to tell the story, he says it so well." "I'd be interested to hear that story. I read the reports but they're a bit dry: 'Made Contract with local goblin at ruin. Enlisted services as guide, returned to goblin's home village, established trade. Very Friendly, recommend establishing permanent outpost.'" Ikooba laughed, "Yes, it's a much better story from Boki's perspective." Han ate another dumpling, "Well, as far as we can tell it was a Dark Elf observatory with some surrounding buildings to support it. Farms and the like. There's evidence that they did several things there but the observatory was the main purpose. It's been mostly picked over but we did find a couple things." "Like some old mana plants and seeds." "And the Star Room! I'm gonna ask mom to let me rebuild it to how it was before the demons came and fucked everything up." "Ukan! Language!" The young Val lowered her ears, "Sorry. But I got so excited about it." Han looked at her, "Well...please don't curse, especially around the other children." He'd turn to the others, "We did find some sort of Data Core or part of a machine that still functions. I have it hidden in Sera Boki's home hoping the Mana plants will recharge it. It projects a map of the stars onto the ceiling and walls of the star room." "We also found the blueprints for the place! That's why I wanna rebuild it!" Makalah was smiling now as she at, feeling a bit of joy as she remembered the relic hunt she had with her friends. Even if her father wasn't with her.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:17 pm

Asilly would chuckle at ukan excitement and have a little bit of a curse words it did not bother her she was quite use to it but if they do wise to rebuild that observatory it would be something very wounderful to see and use. "If you would like to rebuild that place I can the money well be no problem the only problem I seeing is to get the right equipment and supplies to rebuild it properly but give me some time and I could get that work out as well...... on top of that the core it a primitive model just like the observatory but mana should recharge it." She says to them as she then get back to work eating her rich as Anna would let out a chuckle as well to ukan outburst as she has seen it before. "That kind of language does not bother me as well..... I know someone that has said a lot of worse words then that I think her name was Kiel'ndia I believe is that right mother." Asilly would let out a sign and seems to get a annoying look as she also rubes her eyes as it seems does not want to hear that name. "Yes that her name and how you are friends with her so quickly I have idea but you do keep her out of my hair so I can do my dealing with Kharla'ggen as of late she seems a little more..... aggressive." She would say as she would get back to eating her food as Anna would get done eating her food and would sit back a little and would streach out along with letting out a yawn as asilly would look over at gaul at his words. "Darling the dark elfs have many wounders and I have seen then with my own eyes many of times Infact I have a place that has hundreds of device that belong to them along with the light elfs everthing from moon age golems to towers that can control the weather." She says to them.
Rhung
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:35 pm

Observatory? Like a watchtower? And D'ini knew what stars were - flickering reflections on the ceiling. Why bother mapping them? She was going to miss stars, actually. She glanced up and managed to swallow her surprise- there were stars. But how? Floating crystals?

She didn't want to look ignorant so she silently selected a dumpling. it was really good, too! Pon'i would know all of this and answer her questions later.

((gah... I'm sorry, y'all. Between a relatively good job interview and a family crisis, all my creative juices are siphoned elsewhere. In totally related news, check out https://www.gofundme.com/boy-violin-future-beethoven to see my awesome nephew preparing to inherit my violin. If he can keep his prosthetic arm.))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:06 am

"I don't know how old mana cores last for. Especially the ones that were left in neglect." The oldest cores he ever saw were the ones in the Orbilith, and he didn't get the chance to touch them. Teachers only they said. "Re building it would certainly be a task. Financially speaking, I don't know too many experts are still around or how much they recorded it."

"It probably could also be replaced. I'm sure they still make power cores like that."

Gaul turned to Asiliy. "I've never seen a light elf ruin, to ever see they had the same level of tech the dark elves had." All light elves he ever met were slaves.

(Well that sucks to hear about the family crisis, Best to luck with you Bam and the interview, and your nephews arm. I wish I can support with more then just my words. But I'll see what I can do later down the road.)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby IkaikaKekai » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:59 am

"Well, there's little known about the light elves that isn't rumor or conjecture. Things like they never really left the surface, that their buildings were made from manaplants so the demons ended up destroying them totally." he shrugged. Ikooba looked around, "Makalah is a light elf yes?" "<Yes Grandfather.>" "I would have thought Sera Gaul was a light elf considering his color." he chuckled, "No, he's a drowssu. Asilly, Anna, Ukan, and D'ini are Drowlath." "You are not?" "No, like little Mae've I am a half breed. I just look more drowlath, my hair is more ssu." Ikooba smiled, "Ah, so just as there are many races of goblin as you call us, there are many races of elves. But I think this table proves that race shouldn't matter so much as love and respect." Ikooba would gently pat Makalah's head across the table, making the light elf smile. Han chuckled, "That's a good way of putting it."
Ukan would look at Asilly, she still wasn't sure what to think of the adult who was so generous with her money and so far did not say what she wanted out of it. The little Val stood up and held out her hand, "Okay, you have a deal. You help me rebuild the ruins even if my mom won't let me." Han was a bit dumbstruck at this.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:39 pm

Asilly would listen to everone about the light elfs and they are right ruin that have been left behind most have been destoryed but in areas of the world she has traveled she has found a few and she has books about then as well from her mother. "Light elfs were a race that had technology on pair with the dark elfs but they took a different path as han has said they did build there city's out of massive mana base plants...... it why the demons were able to almost wipe out the light elfs so qucikly such area infused with mana they got hit the hardest during those first days of the fall..... also ikooba from my experience race only matters when we are separated and wiring our own groups get different ones together and well as you said love and respect can do wounders" she says as shw would eat the rest of her rice and her drink as she looks over at ukan when she sit up and had her had towards her to were she would let out a chuckle. "Ukan you can sit down you have my word that I well rebuild it for you along with that all I ask in return is that I get use from time to time well when I do have free time plus I teach you on how to map the stars...... also a little info on what stars are along with are own sun based upon what I learn from my mother and her books stars are massive object to put it into persecution compare to are little planet it be about the size of a piece of sand if it were place beside it. Along with that they are made out of a matter know as plasma it surface reaches close to 30,000 degrees and at a it core nearly 30,000,000 it at the center of are system were the worlds including ares orbit around it...... but there are different type of stars out there and also based upon what my mother books tell there are objects out there in the void larger then even stars." She says to the group for Sha has learn a lot from her mother books Anna would listening to her mother she alway did love this story of what is out there beyond there planet and what else could be out there.
Rhung
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:34 pm

D'ini hadn't expected light elf ruins... a simple case of she hadn't thought about it. Niis... she would have to ask her sweet servant if she wanted freedom to explore these on her own. It was hard to imagine quiet, timid Niis stomping through a ruin, but after decades of faithful service, D'ini would have given her anything she asked for.

She smiled when her name was mentioned. And Mae've always looked completely drowolath to her, but with Gaul's eyes.

Asilly was still talking about stars, and suns, and sand. It was more pleasant than talk of Chel, anyway.

She was getting full, but there was certainly room for something sweet afterwards.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:43 am

Mae've nodded her head as Ukan explained that she was a half breed aswel. Of course it was less obvious then some other of her kind, as she defiantly took more to her mothers side of the family. Expect for the ada blue eye's she sported.

Gaul grew up in a pretty Conservative house hold. Even if it was a rich one, that didn't take its religious backings as serious as they could. If his mother ever really looked into his "fathering" of three other children with women listing from possibly mixed, to just down right lath woman. She probably would have disowned him even further.

Like he cared... He honstly wondered if he did half the things he did just to spite her.

"I read somewhere it was theorized light elves and their cities probably crumbled under themselves. But I admit I haven't looked too hard into the subject matter." The suss man finished his food and cleaned his bowl. But the subject manners Asiliy was talking about was completely going over what ever Gaul learned over his life.

"Had enough to eat?" Gaul turned to his mate beside him, and collected her empty plates and bowls. "This dinner certainly did turn into a lecture."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:03 pm

((Going out of turn to let everyone know that my nephew's insurance was shamed into being reasonable! Much thanks to the San Diego news for featuring him... when Tricare realized they were going to be famous for being douches they relented, at least partway... and the fundraising campaign raised more than enough to cover the rest! Thanks to all the donors and people willing to spread the word! I am a VERY relieved Aunt over here!))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:48 pm

((Good to hear.))
"No!" Ukan stomped her foot, "I wanna rebuild it!" She pouted before she relented and looked down, "I just...need help." The little Val was embarrassed now and sat back down. "Yeah, you can use it." Makalah and Ikooba were both confused by the talk of distance and orbits. Ikooba would sip his wine with a smile. He'd pull a small paper wrapped package from his clothes and put it on the table, "The children know what this is already. It is a dessert made from rice flour called Mochi." He would take a cube and pass it around. Makalah would take one and pop it in her mouth, chewing on it, "<Thank you Grandfather.>" Ukan would take one as well, "<Thank you Mr. Yanyean.>" Ikooba would chuckle at that as the package got passed around to everyone. "Thank you Sera." Han would take one, chewing on it. "These are actually fairly popular underground."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:14 am

(Good to hear as well.)

Anna would chuckle as she looks at the confusion of the other after asilly tries to explain to them about the what stars are and the about the void as she chewed on a rice cube. "Mother I think you lost then at the part at stars...... sorry she has a habit of doing things like this she is very well educated about many things also this rich cake is very good!" She would says to them as asilly would let out a sign as looks over at ukan before she eats her own rice cake as well speaking up to her. "I well lead my help to you darling I give you money and supplies that we'll be need to rebuilt the place and I thank you for letting me to use it when the times comes when it ready...... also ikooba I wise to thank you and your family for the meal it has been great." She says to then as she would take a bite out of the cube as Anna has already eaten hers.
Rhung
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:54 pm

((Oh man. I went and nommed a mochi while thinking about my reply.))

"Had enough to eat?" Gaul asked. D'ini smiled and nodded as he started to collect her plate. "This dinner certainly did turn into a lecture."

She laughed at that. "Maybe, but I don't mind. I've got a lot to learn about life up here." Maybe the stars reflected city lights, in which case mapping them would sort of make sense, as they would be a nocturnal map of the world below. But even that seemed to invalidate the idea that there was no ceiling...

She'd ask Gaul and Pon'i. In the meantime, she glanced again at the stars overhead. They were beautiful.

She took the Mochi with a "<thank yoo, Ikooba.>" Her accent was getting better. The mochi was lightly sweet, and very chewy. She'd never had it or anything like it, but it was good! She'd never had one, but she could tell why they would be popular underground.

She smiled at Anna, and when Asilly mentioned how great the meal had been, she added "Yes, very much so!" The food had indeed been amazing. She hesitated. Did they have servants to clean up? Was she supposed to call hers? Or help herself, as they all did carrying the food out?

She realized that she didn't have any idea what to do now, and glanced at Gaul for a clue.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:30 pm

(I can't recall if I have had Mochi before)

Mae've gleamed with a smile, as she had mochi before here and loved it. "Mommy you should try some, you'll like it. Thank you Mak's grandma and grandpa. <Thanks you>." Taking one of the mochi balls, she took a bit of it and slowly chewed. She was saving room just for the chance to eat more of this stuff.

"Sailors used them too. When you have nothing from land marks, that's what you use... if the skies are clear." Gaul told Dini as he remember reading old books or copies of originals from the surface world. Sharess above, this table talk is bringing back a lot of memories.

"Here. Let me." Gaul said as caught a clue that Dini was looking for him for help. Taking Dini's done plates, as well as both of his kids plates he helped clean the table. Someday he forgets how much of a Val his Dini could be. Or at least one of the rich and lasting ones, and not the backwater Vals, the Sarghress and Volz consider legit.

Gaul had Mochi before, but he didn't care for it as much. Too soft for his taste. He always preferred crunchy things, like nuts.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:30 am

((Damnit, now I want some butter mochi))
Pam'la would get up and make another plate, covering it with another plate. She would say something in Emberi, "Pam'la says that this is for your servant, the one who was here earlier. And by all means if you want to take any home with you please do. We've made a lot." Pam'la would bow and say 'thank you' a few times as she started cleaning up the table, collecting the empty plates and taking them into the house. Ikooba would pick up a large platter of food that was left over, carrying it into the house, "Oh it is not a problem. I miss the old days of parties entertaining guests and clients. Now it's mostly family." Han would help gather up things as well, handing Ukan a smaller platter of food, "Carry this into the house for Sera Pam'la." Ikooba would come out, "Oh, you can leave the cups for now, I think the adults can have some more to drink and talk a while as the children play a bit." Makalah was picking up another nearly empty platter of food. as she went to help her grandmother.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:32 am

Asilly would nod to Pam as she would also say "thank you Pam this was a good dinner also thanks for the food for tyler he tends to sleep a lot and at time eats very little he sue to it and been on the move...... also gaul and D'ini I like to talk to you two later if that is alright I got a few thing I wise to talk about." She says to them as Anna would get up from her spot taking her plate along with drink glass and head inside and give them to Malakar seeing that she also want to help clean the dishes. "Here you go Malakar I have a quick question once this is done and we get with the other would it be OK to tell us a few stories about yourself I rarely seen a light elf and I like to know a little bit about you." She says with a smile to her as back out aside asilly would get up and streach out as shw would pick up the plate of food for her human friend. " I be right back I going to get give this to tyler I be right back." She says to them as she heads off to inn.
Rhung
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to DT Freestyle