An unofficial roleplay subforum where you can roleplay in pre- or post-timeskip Raveran, Chel'el'Sussoloth, Nuqrah'shareh, or anything that catches your fancy in the Drowtales worldsetting. An approved character is not necessary to join, but worldsetting knowledge is required. Ask your questions in the Newbie School thread!

Wu Kong Village -1114- -Surface- (Open)

Re: Wu Kong Village -1114- -Surface- (Open)

Postby Rhung » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:03 pm

Asilly would eat a little bit more of her rice and listen to gaul and han speak about how she knows this and how a planet can have that kind of extreme temperature to were she would take a sip of her drink and then speak up. "The reason why the planets has such temperatures is that it has no atmosphere combine with ether a very weak or nonexistenting magnetic field see it do to those two parts that are world is able to hold life without them life can not grow on a world without them..... see a atmosphere is what traps certain gases and it what keeps life thriving the magnetic field it what keeps us safe from the void out there beyond for example if that field was to go down even for a second we would all burn." She says as she then eat what left of the rice and would then speak up of her story. "That why the world close to the sun burn then freezes so quickly there nothing there stopping it from reaching the surface..... know there are other world's that are strange like the 5 world it tidal locked one side faces the sun and the other face the void never turning or changing then there the two gas giants the largest planets in are system that they have dozens of moons some are as big as are world." She say to them.
Rhung
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:14 pm

The skyworld made it hard to breathe? D'ini knew almost nothing of the skyworld, aside from a few books that may or may not have been total fiction. She had heard the word "magnetic" from Uncle, but she assumed he'd just bewitched the two chunks of metal to stick together.

Whatever. Asilly was entertaining the children (and her mate!), so she'd take it.

"I'm afraid I have no idea where the grapes come from," she admitted. "Your friend would have to tell us," she added with a grin.

Her grin faltered slightly at the idea of letting her hosts inside the compound. She supposed it was possible... visitors were systematically and unapologetically forbidden, but goblins might be allowed. It was, however, a difficult prospect. Getting a goblin safely through the underdark? She decided that any explanation was hardly polite dinner conversation.

"<Wheat>," she repeated, doing a fairly good job of correcting her drow accent. "<Rice.>" "<Rice> is a different plant? I thought this was a type of bread." She prodded it with the chopsticks before taking another bite. "OK, I can see who the flavor is a little different, perhaps."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:38 am

"No I understand. Politics can be a bit thick, especially when talking clans vs clans, or queens vs clans. Its a bit of a mess." And he could be here all night trying to explain the differences between them. "There is a vine yard at the Kyorl sanctuary, where they make their own stuff... its alright. But nothing I'd be going out of my way for."

Taking the cup of wine that was offered and sipping the surface wine. Everything from the surface tasted better. But when Ikooba mentioned about coming along for a tour at the farm, it made him think he'll have to blind fold the human and take him for a loop. Before getting there.

"I see." Was all Gaul really had to say about what planets did what. There wasn't anyway he could have known.

Mae've got up from her seat and to her mother's side. "Momma, can I have a taste please?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby IkaikaKekai » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:11 am

"Oh yes, they're quite different. You can make bread from the flour of both however." he scooped some more rice into his bowl, "I'm not sure if you can cook <wheat> on it's own, but you can with <rice>. If you keep it dry it'll last for a long time. That's why I prefer taking <rice> with me over bread or anything like that...or used to anyway." He chuckled, "Add a bit of dried meat to the pot, crack an egg into it while it's still steaming and mix it up." he giggled softly, he'd put a hand on Pam'la's shoulder, "Her cooking is no comparision to my little campfire meals, but I still do it once in awhile." he poured some soy sauce on his mound of rice, "Please, don't be afraid to take more, we've got lots of food tonight."

Han was slightly confused, but simply nodded, "I must admit there aren't many books on other worlds in the Nal library." "At least not in the public section." Han looked at her, "What do you mean?" "There's a private library for really valuable books, no one's allowed in there without a scholar and guard, and Rel'lumia's permission. Mother took me once when I was really young, but most people aren't suppose to know about it." Makalah was a bit afraid of the idea of their world being burned to a crisp if this 'magnetic field' failed.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:48 pm

She would look at everone and listen to what they gave to say about her story and information she knows of about the planets and the void beyond there sky a place we're you could not survive unless you have some kind of protection she would think of what else could be said but ukan words did catch her attention. "Oh yes the nels private collection of books that reminds me I got two I have translated from the light elf language and need to send to them most of the books within the private area are mine since I got the originals with me..... also I do have a question for everone here." She says as she works on getting her some more rich along with dumblings to were she would speak up. "The question is one that I have asked many people but do you believe in life beyond are world I mean life out there beyond are world in the void?" She says to them as Anna was keeping quite but when her mother spoke about life among the stars she would look at her and speak up. "Mother..... I do believe but I have to ask are you going to tell them about the golems that walk across the surface of the first world I read deep into your mother's books and it talk about seeing city's at least four along with golems..... well golems the size of fortress...." she said to her to were asilly would bit into a dumbling. "Yes they did have accuse to a very powerful telescope before the fall and they seen many, many strange things on other world's." She says to anna.
Last edited by Rhung on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhung
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:09 pm

Gaul's mention of the Kyorl vinyard made sense. "I expect that's indeed where they came from," she said. "The Kyorl are in charge of Raveran, so it's logical."

Meanwhile, her daughter appeared at her elbow. "Mama, can I have a taste, please?"

"If you want, beloved. But I don't think you'll like it. When you're a little older I'll introduce you to wine slowly, the way my mother introduced me." She offered her glass to her little one and watched fondly as the girl took a sip. ((I'll leave how she reacts up to Django.))

She laughed at the offering of more food. "After that description? you made me hungry just hearing about it and I'm already eating!" She dropped her hand onto Gaul's leg. A new home, new food and already new friends. She usually took a long time adjusting to a new life, but this time she knew she was making the transition with ease ((lol... as usual, D'ini is the opposite of me. I'm making some progress in my new domicile, though)).

Life on other worlds? D'ini had never given it any thought. Hel, she'd never given the idea of other worlds any thought, and she couldn't even tell you what the "foyd" was. (She assumed it was overworld for something.) She had no answer to that, really. But when Anna spoke... golems were something she was familiar with.

"Golems on other worlds..." she mused. "I expect it would be dangerous to pilot anything large up here, since there isn't enough mana to really help you replenish yourself. A shame, really... I expect having golems up here would help tremendously during the harvest time."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:12 am

Mae've made that face, that said she didn't really like. But at least she swallowed it compared to dads bottles of Honey Whiskey, which didn't go so well. "Blah. Why do parents drink this mommy? At least it not like my throats on fire... daddy's drinks are bad stuff. You should make uncle and grandma drink it."

"I've seen war craft Golems that were the size of building in Nash." The male suss said as he half ate and talked. His attention was taken away as Dini dropped a hand on his leg, so he had to resort to eating with one hand. While his other hand held hers, comfortably and lovingly.

Gaul could multi task.

"The Kyorl books were not much better. Lots of history talks, demonology and summoning. But nothing about what is above and the skies." But When Han's daugher, started talking about Public sections and more "in" details he didn't expect to come from a simple child. "Where did you learn all of that?"

He understood with where his child with Asiliy got it from. Just look at her mother.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:21 am

"The Kyorls, they're a religious order of some type yes? Boki said he was warned about them, and some clan called the Vloz'ress?" "Thats simplifying it a bit much, but yes. They are a clan devoted to Sharess, and at least in the old days they were devoted to protecting us from demonic influence. They are comprised exclusively of Drow'ssu, Sera Gaul was one, as was my mother. Many will say that they've...taken their duties of purification too seriously? To be fair there are many orders within the clans with differing views, so I don't want to paint them all with the same brush." "Ah, I understand...I've had to bend knee to some idols in my travels to ensure safe travel, mostly from the followers of those idols." he would start translating for his wife who sipped her wine.
Ukan would bite off a chunk of spicey pork, "Duh, because my mom's a Val." Han would side eye her, "That's no need to be rude." He would sigh and look to D'ini. "I must explain to you our situation. Lady Ukan'nahla is in hiding, her mother thinks she is in some sort of danger within her clan and I have been selected to protect her, claiming her as my own daughter. Sera Asilly and your mate already know the truth." Boki would chuckle, "As does the entire village. It's one of our worst kept secrets, but we keep it from outsiders." "Trian'nahlah is my mother by the way. If you ever have dealings with her you can lord it over her to get a discount." Han would glare at her now, "And she also gave me permission to discipline you as I see fit. Which if you continue as you are with this disrespect would mean you're not allowed to take part in the sleepover. As well as get another spanking." Ukan would look at him angrily, huffing before she muttered and ate quietly otherwise.
When the conversation turned to talk about life on other worlds, Makalah would look straight up into the sky, mouth agape as she watched the stars. "There's Golems out there? But wouldn't their pilots get too hot?" Makalah didn't quite understand the concept of lack of mana. "Well...it's possible they're bio golems of some kind. Or maybe the golems are the only protection they have from the cold and heat." "Could be that they're using machines that aren't powered by Mana, the Duergar have golems that don't run on Mana." Han frowned, "As well as manaless cannons. So it would be possible assuming that there isn't Mana on other worlds. Ikooba was busy trying to translate things to his wife, both were having trouble picturing life on different worlds, even without the language barrier. Ukan would speak up again at the mention of a telescope, "Do you mean like the one that used to be at the ruins we explored today?" she got excited, "So if we repair it we can see life on other worlds?" Ikooba would speak up, "I'm not quite sure what these golems are but they could possibly help us with the harvests. Boki brings up a lot of steel tools. It's a bit too early to tell yet but they seem to keep their edges longer, I remember one of my brothers would go through an axehead every three days when we were younger. If the sickle is sharp, and the hand is swift, there's less spillage, an old saying." Makalah would speak up now, "They're really big, they wouldn't really help with the harvests, they'd just blow it all up and stomp on everything." she said with a hint of sadness as she remembered being pushed into a training area by some soldier before her owner collected her.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:26 pm

She would listen to everone it was the first tike she had talked about the stars and life on other world with humans but it seems that they are able to understand it but shw did hear ikooba talk about the framing around here and of Makalah to were she would speak up. "Sadly that telescope we found we barley be able to see even the fifth world from the sun even if it easy fully repaired that one was design to only look at and observe the inner system of are world's..... as for the golems they do seem to work without mana and they appear to be machines but one far more advanced..." She said to them as she would take a few bits out of her rich as she heard about the idea of golems be used ay the village to help them out with the farming to were she would speak to ikooba. "If you all need help around your village I csn help with the farming and other things I have device and artifacts from the dark and light elfs one such device could regrow a enter forest within a single night or I have a set of golems that were designed for farming." She says to him as Anna would look over at Makalah sensing the sadness she would speak up. "Hey Makalah are you alright you seems to be dealing with a lot of differnt emotions." She says to her.
Rhung
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:50 am

"Blah," her daughter commented on the wine. "Why do parents drink this, mommy? At least it not like my throats on fire... daddy's drinks are bad stuff." Throat's on fire?

"What are you feeding her, dear?" D'ini asked her mate, amused. She expected he let her taste some sort of hard liquor, and she was curious more than anything else. The few hard drinks she had been exposed to were completely awful.

Her hand tightened around Gaul's as they discussed Ukan. She hadn't forgotten Chel's fall, and really, really didn't want to see this peaceful village fall to drow politics. This poorly-kept secret was a dangerous thing. She was curious, but knew enough about politics to understand that anything else she knew might put a target on her back.

"How, uh, long have you two lived here, then?" she asked. She kept the tremor out of her voice, but she was frightened. She didn't want to drag her daughter away from another battlefield.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:19 am

"She wanted a sip of my honey whiskey. You didn't like it either." Gaul answered Dini as he ate with one hand. It was far from his old fire water drinks, which drove him into more then one bar fight. Thankfully that seemed to be his only real weakness, short of death.

He didn't like all of this talk of Chel either. Which was one of his big reasons he pushed his family to leave the old city behind, along with alot of their stuff behind. But Chel and the war was one of the biggest things happening right now. Biggest thing since the Nid wars.

Mae've joined back up with her friends. Eating some of her rice, trying to see if it would take away from of the wine taste, like it would for the spicy pork. "My dads not with them anymore. They tried to arrest my sister and he had to get her out of the city."

"Golems, you mean those iron monsters?" She remebered the one time she saw them in Chel, and her father told her Nash had bigger and better ones.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:06 am

The Nal'sarkoth would scratch the back of his head, "It's...huh. I think I've lost count. It doesn't feel that long but we spent most of it traveling. We've been in the village for maybe a week?" "Yeah, that sounds right." "The instructions were so that we would arrive after a group of Explorers left and before another group arrived. At least I understand that now." Ukan would giggle a bit, "We fooled your friend anyway." Han smiled, "That's true. I don't think Kros't is the one who we have to worry about." He would finish off what was in his bowl and sigh, looking over the heaps of food still on the table and contemplating making another plate. "I'm going to get fat in this village." Ikooba would eat some of his food, "Fat is fine, as long as you are not Lazy. Look at my son." He said with a slight laugh, "Most of the exercise he does is in his mind, but that won't stop him from picking up hoe and helping in the fields." Han made another plate of dumplings now.

Makalah would go quite a moment, "Bad memories." was all she said before going back to eating. Ukan would look to Asilly, "Can we get a better telescope then? So we can see the other worlds?" Han would sigh and speak softly to the adults, "At least now she's not obsessed with demons and becoming a summoner. I'm thankful for that little relic hunt we did with the children."

Ikooba would turn to Asilly, "An entire forest in a night? That sounds too fantastic to be believed, but would be handy. For the woodcutters at least. The more they clear the more we can grow. But of course if we clear too much they'll have to go far to cut wood." He rubbed his chin, "Could this machine of yours grow other trees than what was planted? Fruit trees for example?" Han would chew on a dumpling, "Well, plant sorcery can help with that, the proper foci can amplify one's natural abilities along with training. It's not so far fetched for us at least to be able to reforest an area. There's a lack of mana up here so I'm not sure how effective it would be. It's comfortable enough in the village and those campsites at least."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:11 pm

Asilly would eat the rest of her dumplings and starts into her rice as she looks at ukan once she asked if they could get a better telescope to see other world's beyond what the other one can see. "Well it could be possible to make modification to that big one to see beyond the inner system but there also the repairs that would be need if you like tomorrow we can go have a look at it and if possible bring it back here." She says as she take a few bits of rice as she would look to ikooba since she did speak of a device that could regrow a entire forest overnight she would smile as they are other wounders she could bring here to help the humans. "I know it sound too fantastic to believe but it is true it how the dark elfs were able to keep there people well fed on top of that there are other devices I could bring here to help your village......." she says as Anna would look towards Makalah as she said bad memories. "I shall not press feather I understand there some memories that need to be forgotten." She says to her.
Rhung
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:15 am

"Ugh, your honey whiskey?" D'ini remembered it well, and not fondly. With a name like that you'd expect it to be sweet, but it was so strong there wasn't any sweetness that she could discern. She couldn't help but smile at his facial expression, though.

A hidden Val, in the village for only a week. D'ini knew she was being paranoid, but she could still hear the chaos that was starting to flood Chel when she made her escape. She did her best to ignore it for the duration of dinner, though.

"That's the second time I've heard of this relic hunt," D'ini was grateful for the change of subject. "What all did you find? The tella'scope?" She was really out of her league on this one, but she wanted to learn.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:26 am

"There is nothing with my honey whiskey." The suss father said before plopping another bun in mouth and chewing. He tried to hide some of his frustrations about letting Dini in that little secret*, she didn't need to know this kind of baggage. But thankfully his wife didn't talk about it, as she probably still remembered the hectic time they had getting out. And they took the first caravan out they could.

Lord and Gods only know how bad it is now.

"Yes, its not too far from the village. We could look at it tomorrow, if you feel like being a ruin hunter for a day. I'm sure Mae've would bother me to go again just to show you it."

"I don't think it would grow trees over night like that. Dark elves talk about stuff like that, but they measured time radically different then we have underground." He said mostly to keep the humans expectations in check. Granted it was practically like magic for them. And Gaul was a little curious as to how it was look.

"Yeah mommy, its really cool!"Mae've said, as she over heard her parents talking. But caught Makalah talking about bad memories. "We can make better ones." She said, holding the light elfs hand reassuringly.

(*Can't remeber if it was just Mae and Trinita who knew. Or if Gaul didn't know.)
django
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to DT Freestyle