An unofficial roleplay subforum where you can roleplay in pre- or post-timeskip Raveran, Chel'el'Sussoloth, Nuqrah'shareh, or anything that catches your fancy in the Drowtales worldsetting. An approved character is not necessary to join, but worldsetting knowledge is required. Ask your questions in the Newbie School thread!

Wu Kong Village -1114- -Surface- (Open)

Re: Wu Kong Village -1114- -Surface- (Open)

Postby Rhung » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:55 am

Anna would keep on eating as she listen to her three new friends talk about what they wise to do for this sleep over and she heard ukan say they should asked her of what they should to were she would speaks up as she looks at her mother. "Hey mom would it he ok if I tell my friends the story of the surface before the Fall or.... do you have any ideas for us?" She asked as her mother nearly dropped her fork at the mention of the Fall her mother and herself had to live through that and Anna found out the story off it by reading her mother journal as she wrote down the events that happen during the fall to were asilly would speak up but was speaking in the language of the dark elfs to Anna. <"I say you leave out the full story only the part that be best anything that would have to deal with the Fall keep it out no matter what never tell them of it...... it be for the best I don't want your friends having nightmares...... I also see if I have a few things for you and your friends."> she said as she would take a few more bites of her pork as she would let out a sign seeing that the last thing she need her child doing is telling the other of the horrific event that lead to the destruction of the surface ages ago. "Alright mother I understand I say will figure something out together for us to have fun tonight." She says with a smile as she keeps on eating.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:39 pm

Gaul stuck his tongue back out at Dini, as she showed off she knew how to use chopsticks. "It is good isn't it." He smiled back as his wife/mate took some of the spicier food. Which he took a little more of this time around with the rice and dumplings. Now that he learned to use them in combination to help fight the 'kick'.

"Here try some of this pork." He said trying to spoon feed his Dini. And as she took the food with her mouth, he'd give her a playful poke on the tip of her nose. "Beep."

"I guess this <soyasauce> isn't something you'd drink." Gaul said as he took the bottle to have a sniff. "I can imagine worst things to drink."

"Before the fall... Like when the dark elves moved down here?" Mae've talked to her father about the subject once. He didn't know too much about it. But he explained it from the Kyorl point of view of what happened. The use of demons in the last great war drove open portals and killed the world above.

Which was strange to hear that, considering the surface world didn't look so dead to her.

"We can tell scary stories." Mae've brought up, as it was a sort of a tradition she did with her other friends in Chel... she sure hoped they were doing ok. "But do you guys have any games to play? I'm not sure if I've wrestled tho at one before."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Bamawing » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:36 am

She giggled at Gaul's affection. It was obvious he felt comfortable here, and knowing this relaxed her.

"The farm? It's very quiet," she said, simply. "I do the selling end myself..."

About the time a light elf approached with a glowing necklace. "D'ini?" she asked.

"Niis!"

"The caravan is here early," Niis explained. "I'm not sure where to send everyone..."

"Oh dear! one second... I'm very sorry, but would you all excuse me for a few minutes? I won't be long."

((I'm going on a last-minute vacation to see my brother! Yay! I'll see y'all in a bit.))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:02 pm

((Enoy yourself))
"Well, actually you can drink it. It's very salty though. You wouldn't get very drunk on it." he chuckled softly. Ukan, Makalah, and Ikooba would look at Anna when she mentioned the fall. Han'yia was more interested in Asilly as she spoke what he thought was fluent Dolkafar. Ikooba spoke up now, "Oh, that's strange." He would chew on some pork, "I thought I spoke most of your language, I didn't understand a word of that." Han was concerned and slowly translating the language in his mind as he slowly ate. He spoke up, "I think we can come up with some games to play." "Father has a few board games he taught me how to play."
"Ahh, well surely you must have at least some knowledge of how..." Ikooba would look to the door as it opened and Niis came in to pull Dini away. "Oh, hello. That is unfortunate...Er...Sera Niis, you are welcome to join us when you're done. We have more than enough food." "<What's going on dear?>" "<It seems D'ini's business has has followed her to dinner.>" "<Oh no. Well the food will still be here for her when she returns.>" "<Along with the wine.>" Ikooba said as he lightly touched the bottle on the table with a smile.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:28 am

(Take care my friend.)

Anna would listen to her mother and would also listen to the other about board games and scarey stories to be told at this sleep over she starts to wounder what else they could to were she could tell them one such story about asilly mother. With a smile as asilly was eating a few bits of pork Anna would speak up as she takes a sip of her drink to help with the meat but what was about to happen would make her regret it later. "I do got a story I would like to tell it about my mom's mother time with Sharess herself when she lived on the surface." After hearing her daughter words she nearly chocked on the food and drink as she would set it down and hit her chest as she takes a breath as she looks at Anna at this point shw is starting to wounder how much of her mother's books did she read was the question going on in her head. "Anna..... daughter I think it not be best of telling them of that story dear but oh hel..... well I guess some secret can't stay hidden forever so a question for everone here can I trust you?" She asked them with a serious tone well one that did not sound of anger but one of fear.

She would sit her fork down and would starts to talk to were Anna was wondering what is wrong with her mother know feeling the fear coming from her. "Why I ask if I can trust you and to answer questions is that I have many secrets I am about to tell you a few so that you can understand my daughter questions..... long ago my mother she was a Dolkafar or dark elf she was old very old to the point she stop counting the years coming and going she was also a good friend to Sharess when she was still fo flesh and blood..... and when she was forced underground with so many other she brought with her many thing knowledge is one of them she help build the city chel and when the first drow show up she seen them as the future no her race they had failed." She says as she would take another sip of her drink and a few bits out of her rich as she would keep on going with her story. "And it is were she help out the early clans she gave them much she help the Suls build the dome for example she had a hand and helping all of them she even wanted to remove the need for a empress.....it a very long story one that would take a long time to tell but here the short version after some time she eventually did die she was mudered...... it is were I took up her mantle and havw keep her work going...." she says as she would take a few more bits and would stop as she waits to hear what the other have to say.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:20 pm

The appearance of Nii's was a bit of a surprise, but the mention of he caravan getting here early was a struck of good luck for the long term at least. Too bad it had to happen during dinner. But as he watched his lover leave the dinner table, he soon turned his attention back to the black sauce. Which he had almost mistaken for ink, but it didn't exactly share the same smell or consistency.

"Yeah no thanks." He chuckled and smiled at the idea of anyone drinking this straight from the bottle. But he would try to gingerly put some of it onto his rice and not spoil the food.

"Board games sound fun." Mae've said while half chewing some food. Wondering what the Embries had for games. "Your moms, mom saw Sharess hersel.. wow, what was she like?" As Mae've head imagined the long dead as an goddess for a moment like in the picture. "But how would the clans work without a queen? Who would be in charge. Daddy, what the differnce between a Illharess and a Queen? And was my Grandma a queen too? Where did mommy go?"

"She went to see to the Caravan." Her father said as he half listened to the story and chewed on his rice with the soy sauce on it. "I wasn't expecting to get into such age old politics at the table. These are things that I wasn't born yet." A very long time in fact.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:44 am

((Eep, forgot Bam was taking a vacation))

Han would chuckle slightly, "That's quite a secret..." He would eat some of his stew, "That would explain why you know the old tongue." Makalah and Ikooba were just as confused as they tried to make sense of things, "I thought Sharess was one of your deities?" "She is. It's...somewhat hard to explain. She was Empress before she was elevated to the status of Goddess. This was durring the demon invasion." Ikooba would nod and start explaining things to his wife, who seemed amazed at the news. Han would rub the back of his head, "I must agree with Sera Gaul. Politics are a bit out of my field normally...and well...this is just far beyond what I might talk with other guards about."
The whole thing was confusing for Makalah, and boring for Ukan, so the two decided to talk with their age group. "A Queen is kinda like an Ill'haress, but she rules a land instead of just a clan. Anyone who wants to live in her land has to follow her rules."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:56 am

Anna would listen to the other as she kept on wating asilly was eating as well eating the last bit of meat on her plate as she then started with the rich to were she then starts to speak up again. "Let just say I have many, many secrets some I could tell that would Noth bother me but other I can not there a lot of reason why and before she did become a goddess Sharess was a woman of flesh and blood and was a good friend of my mother..... Infact she been friend with more then one empress during the time of the dark elfs it long and complicated in more way then one...." she would say as she started to dig into her rich in large chucks and eat them to were Anna would talk next. "I read through her journal and she along with my mother when she was young had a lot of relic hunting it seems and I just figure out something we can do at the sleep over I can tell you about the stars." She said with a smile as asilly would look over to her with suprise as she did not think she had gotten that far with her mother work.

Afyer a few seconds shw does speaks up Anna look to her mother then back to everone. "There is something else about my mother which is something I been trying to figure out Is why havw you not try and move to be a empress yourself mothe" asilly would let out a sigh a large one as she look over at her. "Because I don't want to be if I do that then I would be nothing more then one big target along with that it would mean I been cut off from the Ill'haresses for my..... other job that I am with them along with that I not wishing for power or control to me they are worthless and pointless concepts besides in a few years they no longer be a need for empress for I hope to complete my mother plans..... very long story but let just say she wanted to reform and change how thing were run she wanted to change it to a republic give the people a voice and for how she said a council." She would say as she looks around at everone and speaks up again. "Sorry for the story there I would like to hear any you have I live a long life I stop counting the years of my age and I just remembered something I got to do when I get back to chel...... I got to visit Quain’tana...... I just hope she in a good mood when I do visit her the last visit resulted in a few fractured bones." She says with a bit sign.
Rhung
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:58 am

((Oh my gosh I feel human again. I had a blast, very refreshing.))

The caravan was a simple matter. Pon'i, bless him, had taken it upon himself to talk to some of the locals about the wood collection customs of the people. He told her as much and then offered to collect the workers into an camp behind their home. Pon'i was waiting for her thanks to her surprise for Gaul... Uskai had joined them on the surface. Usaki was always, always on top of things.

D'ini had no idea why she felt so peaceful at the sight of Uskai's face, and the formality in his bow. Eventually she would realize that it was because her family was back together and in one place. For now, though, she turned back to the party with a flower in her hair, a smile on her lips, and a sense of contentment in her heart.

"Sorry about that! Taken care of, including the surprise I have for you," she said to the table and to her mate, dropping a kiss atop his head before sliding past him to sit. She didn't say anything else, but her demeanor was more relaxed. "Where were we?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:21 am

((Welcome back!))

Gaul didn't know what to think about Asiliy and by extension Anna. He knew the basic histories about the world before the underdark, but he had to admit. He wasn't an expert, or remembered much of it. But he didn't know why she told of this around this table. They probably didn't care enough to know about drow histories, that was simply beyond their time.

"She is." Gaul said as he glanced at Asiliy, as Hans explained the details. That he was a little more familiar with. "Asiliy, clan politics might not be the best table talk for everyone. Not all guests here understand the basics and we'll be here all night talking about it."

But as Dini returned the to table, and kissed him on the head. His arm slipped around her other side and pinched her side as she sat down. "You just missed some polticial talk dear... and just what do you have in store for me?"

Mae've didn't make head and tails about it. But the appearance of her mommy brought a smiled to her, before turning back to her friends. "I always thought Queens and Illharesses were the same thing. Just drows use Illharessses and elves used kings and queens. Its kinda weird to think Illharesse don't own the land."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:24 pm

Han'yia would pause, "She personally knew Sharess?" the half breed was impressed and felt honored. He finished his stew and was starting to work on the rest of his food. Makalah would have a mouthful of rice, "Stharsh?" "What about the stars?" Ukan would then turn to Mae've, "They're kind of the same, but a Queen rules a certain land, so if the land was taken away from her she wouldn't be queen anymore. Where as an Ill'haress would still be Ill'haress as long as she had a clan. Mother says that's why everyone's so afraid of Quain'tana, because she could go anywhere she wanted and still have her clan, because she came from nothing."

Ikooba would smile as D'ini returned, "Ahh, welcome back, welcome back. I believe I was asking you how you go about farming mushrooms, and was about to open this bottle of wine." He said as he wrapped his hands around it and uncorked the bottle, pouring into some glazed cups.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:29 am

Asilly would first look to gaul as his mate would return as he told her that politics is something not best to talk about ay the table to were she would she she was not fully trying to do that but politics are nearly always on her kind. "I am sorry for everone political matters are always on my mind well almost always I have to deal with them ever once and a while with many, many people but I shall not discuss it anymore but I have many other topics to talk about or I shall listen to what everone else wise to talk about..." she would says as shw would work on her rice which was something she was starting to really enjoy humans have a strange taste but she alway like to try out new thing her attention was drawn to han then to ukan with han is was how he said in a question about her mother knowing Sharess herself. "Yes she did Sharess was a very strong well woman she actually kept many of her emotions how I say locked out and my mother first time meeting was a rocky one it took her nearly about three centuries to get on good terms with her and of the empress that came before Sharess was one of the hardest for my mother to work with." She would says to him as shw then looks over at ukan when she respond to her daughter idea of talk about the stars above there head as Anna was about to speak up first to her. "My mother has many books and some are about rhe stars and not only them but also of the one that are world move about with..... and there also the other words that are near us that orbit the sun as well I think my mother could exploit further if she like to...." she asya as she looks at asilly as she would first let out a small sign and then give a smile. "I well for your friends..... about are world it is one of 11 other world's that orbit our sun and each of this world's are different example would be the first world the one closet to the sun one side burns at over 800 degrees the other freezes at -300..... and it has rotations period of only a few hours the day and night side switch over within a very short amount of time." She would say on the matter of the stars about and world's around them it would be something nice her daughter could talk about with the others during the sleep over.
Rhung
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:39 pm

Politics? D'ini felt a little disappointed; she was very curious as to what the political situation was aboveworld. She would have been less disappointed if she'd known it was drow politics, but she was assuming it was overworld stuff. Oh well. She would have plenty time to discover the intricacies of this new place soon enough. And really, hadn't she already put enough business into her evening already?

"I do hope you like it," she told Ikooba. "Overworld grapes but underworld winemaking techniques. I'd go into detail but I'm afraid I don't know much about winemaking."

The farm, however, was a different topic. "We're fortunate enough to have a complete compound in a narrow rift near Raveran," she said. The mushrooms need warmth to grow, and a source of nutrition. Ours use rotting wood, hauled down from the surface. They grow quickly, so we're always harvesting. The smell of harvest is divine! I really kind of miss it."

That was her usual business spiel, and it sounded well-rehearsed because it was. This wasn't business, though, so she broke script, adding, "My mother pioneered the selling of the mushrooms, so I was raised as a city girl, nearly. I've sold, helped with transportation, taken care of older family members... done everything but the actual farming, I expect!" Her eyes sparkled. "What is it that people do up here? Farm... <wheet>? The thing you make bread from?" She was familiar with flour and the fact that it came from a plant on the surface.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:51 am

Mae've chewed down some rice she mixed with some diced pork, as she considered what Ukan told her. "Oh ok. I kinda see now... kinda weird no one ever tried something like that before. Rise up and take it." Of course as a child Mae've wouldn't understand how someone could rise up like Quin.

"I can imagine its something you think about alot." Gaul said between bites of food as his Dini chatted with the gobins about farming and wining. "But how would you know what it is like above the sky, and amoung the stars. Even the dragon when they filled the skies above didn't go so far up, that they couldn't breath."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:25 pm

Ikooba would start passing the wine cups around to the adults. "It's not so much as politics are an unpleasant topic. It's just hard to have a conversation about it when from what I can tell, only one person at the table understands it." He would sip his wine now, "Mmhm, lovely. Do you know where the grapes were from? A friend told me that you could tell which vinyard a grape came from, if there was a drought, or flood, or heavy snow." he sniffed his cup, "I am not so skilled, but this is lovely." He would listen to D'ini as she gave her spiel, "I see, we usually find them growing on old trees in the forest." He would translate for his wife who said something, "If you allow us we'll have to visit your compound some day. Maybe tag along with my son on one of his visits." He chuckled, "Well you'll get your chance to do some farm work here if you hang around for long. Everyone helps out with the harvests when it's time." He thought for a moment, "We do grow <wheat>, but we mostly grow <rice> here." he said holding up a small bowl of it.

Han'yia, Ukan, and Makalah were paying close attention to Asilly as she talked about other planets. The children were amazed but Han raised an eyebrow, "Wait, temperature extremes like that shouldn't be possible. Especially if the days are that fast."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to DT Freestyle