An unofficial roleplay subforum where you can roleplay in pre- or post-timeskip Raveran, Chel'el'Sussoloth, Nuqrah'shareh, or anything that catches your fancy in the Drowtales worldsetting. An approved character is not necessary to join, but worldsetting knowledge is required. Ask your questions in the Newbie School thread!

Wu Kong Village -1114- -Surface- (Open)

Re: Wu Kong Village -1114- -Surface- (Open)

Postby django » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:10 pm

That still was an impressively long way for a naga to slither her way out of the underground, and to the surface. All in one piece even.

The male suss felt Mae've come up to him and tug on his sleeve. "Daddy." She said in that voice, that meant she wanted something from him. "Can I go with Ikooba and my friends to the ruins?" "Only if you three stay together and go with an adult." He replied, as Mae've was taken back by such a simple request.

Gaul had serious doubts anything was around here. Relic hunters pass by all the time, and probably picked the area out of anything dangerous.

The half breed turned back to her friends a little astonished it worked so easily. "Done." She smiled to her friends "Now all that's left is getting something to eat."

The wolf wondered off to the room, sniffing and moaning. Clearly wanting to get in but no one on the other side was listening. So he just laid down and started to mope.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby IkaikaKekai » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:31 am

Pam'la and Ikooba would take a seat near Gual and Asilly's table, pulling a few higher chairs over for the girls to sit on. "<Oh, it's so good to see you two again. Your daughter's dress is drying out at my home, we had a nice bath to get that mud off her. She's such a dear. It's a shame Ai Yan is such a brat and is turning out to be like his father. He was such a sweet boy before his mother died.>" The old woman would say to Gaul. Ikooba would look to Gaul as Mae've said that he would take them. "Well...I myself can't go in. This leg and all, I'm sure Ukan'nalah's father would be more than willing to take the girls around." He'd turn to Asilly now, "No, I haven't talked to them since we both left the Elder's hall. But despite the interruption I believe you've made a very good impression on them. They've declared you a Friend of Wu Kong after all. That is not something given lightly. There will be future meetings I think as needs and issues arise, but I believe you're free to start your dealings."

The girls would get excited now that Mae've got permission, "Great! I just need to find Han'yia now." Makalah was smiling again, "I wish my dad was here though. He likes going on Relic Hunts." She would look to Mae've, "Aren't you going to ask him to check for Demons and Ghosts first?" One of the waitresses would go up to the table, "<I think we'll have a Boki Special dear. There's enough of us I think.>" The girl nod and head to the counter, Ikooba looked to Gual and Asilly, as well as San Cho and Goldie, "Have you eaten already? Would you care to join us?"

The crowd that entered was a bit roudy from the fight, men and women alike, "<I don't think anyone can defeat Lady Wolf.>" "<Ah, but you're more than happy to take bets against her aren't you?>" "<You know what they say about fools and their money.>" An old woman would smile, "<I wouldn't mind doing the kind of wrestling they're both doing right now.>" "<G-grandmother!>" Goldie would turn to Asilly and Gual, bowing to them, "Goldie thinks she should go work now." She'd put her clothes away before changing into a Kimono with the same pattern as the other servers, then start slithering around to the tables, taking orders and mimicking them back, word for word, to the counter.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:40 am

"Alright then I figure they might have more to talk to me about but for know I guess I wait to do future work with the elders when the time comes." She said to him as she hears about the girls going exploring some old ruins and after hearing gaul say they can she chuckles at mae excitement to were she speaks up. "If your girls like I would like to come with you I do like exploring old ruins it one of the hobbies I have besides many other..... things." She said to the girls as she wait for there response and she would like to keep a eye on a mae for gaul along with the others. "I have something small to eat but I would not mind getting something else to way." She says to him to were she then sees the lunch rush come in into the place and Goldie going to tables and taking orders she decided to do something for the folks within the place to were she speak up so everone can hear. "If you all like I pay for everone meals I got plenty of money and I would not mind making sure everone get something good to wat." She says to the group with the place.
Rhung
Summoner

Postby django » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:45 am

"<You as well.>" Gaul smiled back to the human couple as they joined them at the table. "<You did? Thank you. I was going to get>, Niis. <To do it.>" But he was so engrossed in taking the issue to every parent he could find. It sort of slipped his mind at the moment.

The suss father turned to Ikooba, "Are the ruins empty? I just sort of figured it being this close to the main road. Most of the valuables would have been picked through... I have not eaten, I was just about to get something for us." He of course was referring to his daughter.

Mae've thought about that one. Now that she stared at her imposing father and his ada blue eye's. She was afraid he might say no if there were spirits. "Daddy. They say its haunted. Can you come take a look?" She asked bashfully. To which the male replied. "I'll take a look into it."

Mae've turned back to Uka and Mak. "Where is Han'yia? We could order Chezz to look for him." She of course didn't really know if the wolf could track. "Thank you miss Asiliy... I would love it if you joined us."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:06 pm

Ikooba would smile to Asilly, "They want you to start making your deals to help the village. The one's you mentioned about the other clans. Should any new deals come up they would like to hear about them, as well as how we can help." "<Nils? Is Nils another of your children? You'll have to introduce use to your entire family some time. Oh and you and your wife are welcome to have dinner with us anytime, I'd love to meet her. We might have it at Boki's home so you won't have to bend down as much.>" Pam'la smiled as she ordered some tea, Ikooba would nod, "These Boki Specials do usually have enough to feed a small squad of Relic Hunters and have a little bit of everything, so please, feel free." The old man would sigh slightly, "They might be. My father's generation were the first to go near the place since the village was founded. As children of course. My generation went into the first room, played there sometimes, we didn't go any deeper though. I found out Boki made a torch and went in one day by himself. Had a small scrape on his knee but everything else was fine. After that the Relic Hunters started showing up, everyone who went in came out, usually holding something, even Boki came out with his <Lucky Stone>. After awhile they started leaving empty handed and stopped going in. Occasionally the Explorers still go in with new recruits to train them." Ikooba would look at the girls, "I'm sure they'll be fine with an adult or two watching over them."

"I dunno, he's suppose to be training the Villagers to fight. I dunno where that might be though." Makalah would try giving the commands, "Chezz, Seek, Han'yia." She looked to Ukan, "Do you have anything of your father's?" Ukan would shake her head. "No, maybe back at the house, but I'm hungry."

(Edit: Forgot Rhung paid for everyone's meal, posting that response now)

When Asilly announced that she would be paying for everyone's food that would raise a cheer from the entire room, even the two Innkeepers had a large smile on their face.
Last edited by IkaikaKekai on Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:00 am

"I will it take time with the deals with the clans but it will take time for know I help a little bit right know by paying for everone meals...... along with that if the other deals come up with the other clans I let your elders know." She says to him as she over hears someone asking to meet her whole family she rubs the back of her neck as she speaks up. "Eh........ that we'll be a problem I have one hundred thirty children along with several sister and brothers..... so yeah that be a bit impossible at the moment." She says still rubing the back of her head as she looks over towards ukan.

"If you girl want I join you in your little journey besides I like to get out and walk around so when everone you guys are heading out come and get me." She says to her.
Rhung
Summoner

Postby django » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:24 am

Gaul chuckled at the idea of Niis being his child. "<No.>" He shook his head and smiled. "<Shes my mates servant. Not my child. But I'm sure Dini would love to join you for dinner. Dini's family is very big, and I doubt you'd meet them all at once.>" And odds were zero he'd ever introduce his own family... Mother especially. But of course I didn't Match Asiliy's family size. Even if he put the Dendles up with his family.

"Wonder how deep it goes." Gaul pondered. "Must not be that deep if the relic hunters use it for training... what kind of lucky stone? Did he find a mana stone of some kind?"

"You'll join us too. Cool!" Mae've smiled brightly up at Asiliy. "Have you ever been in ruins before Asiliy?"

Chezz looked down at the girls as he was told to seek Hans. Moaning, he wondered off across the street to Maes room and laid down infront of the door. Then he proceeded to sulk and wait them out...
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:59 am

Pam'la was slightly shocked, "<Oh! I'm sorry dear, I didn't mean you. Not that you and your family are not welcome in my home, or Boki's home for that matter.>" She would turn back to Gaul, "<And I thought our families were large. Well, as I said your families are welcome to visit when they're in Wu Kong. Both of them.>" Ikooba would look to Gual as two waitresses started to come over with food, laying down some empty bowls and platters full of food. "<Boki Special for Uncle.>" "<Thank you dear.>" back to Gaul, "Hmm...I had it on the tip of my tongue. I've never been myself but I think Boki said two or three stairs down? It's a shame he went to Raveran this morning, I think he would have love to have a relic hunt with the children." Ikooba started making his plate, starting with rice and then piling on some meat and dumplings. "I think he said Makalah could use magic to make his <Lucky Stone> give off heat like a fire." He would chuckle, "Now that would make bathing a little easier around here."

Makalah would look as Chezz went across the street, frowning slightly, "Maybe I used the wrong word?" "We can go looking for him later, the foods here!" Ukan'nalah was busy filling her bowl with rice and pork. Makalah would come to the table, looking at Asilly as she offered to go with them, the light elf was a bit nervous of the Val-like woman. "Thank you, Sera." she said, fighting her 'training' to bow.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:53 am

She smile as she takes her drink and take a good bit of it down to were she sit up to tell mae if she has been on a ruin hunt before. "Many time I have yes when I was around about your age my mother took me along on one of her hunts..... it was a old light elf ruins one of the oldest it was between two large mountain chains and it was very cold and snowy but there was much to be learn there. Know from there I went to more of this places with my mother many types of ruins gathering old artifacts and tombs or scrolls of lost knowledge...... and there were the many traps, raiders, ancient defense, and sometimes demons trying to kill us. But there were two ruins I came upon to were I encountered something strange and new entity's that were like nether demons but they did not try to hurt me or for that matter trying to consume me in fact they ignore me and my group." She said as she takes a another sip of her drink trying to figure out other stories to tell to her and the others she is far older then any of them but her she does not have a full recall of her memory.
Rhung
Summoner

Postby django » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:46 am

"<Thank you Pam'la, if you ever find yourselves in the underdark and in Raven. Look up the Dendles compound we'll certainly see to you there.>" If it was up to him the Dendles wouldn't be so secretive with the location of the mushroom farm. But in someways it has worked out for them. As they been mostly left alone during the course of the conflicts. Thankfully.

"I see. Sounds like a heat stone." Gaul said as they talked about the ruins. "But I suppose It couldn't hurt to have a look around since its close by." But the amount of food caused Gaul to stare a little. Purely because he couldn't imagine one man, let alone a human one eat all of this food! "Are you telling me the Boki special is that? Can he eat it all by himself?"

Mae've looked across at the dog, while he laid himself down and sulked. "Maybe you told him he was a bad boy?" She turned her head as food was mentioned, and followed after everyone else as food was placed on the table.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:49 am

The couple were eating between their conversations, "<Oh, now that would be interesting to see. Maybe we can visit before the snow falls one year?>" "<That would be a hassle if we leave too late. Snow never does what you want it to when you want it to. And if we get snowed in we'd be imposing on them till the spring comes.>" "<Boki went out in the snow and came back last winter with no problems.>" "<Boki doesn't have a bad knee, and Ro'o is pretty damn smart and surefooted.>" Pam'la would huff slightly and sip her tea. Ikooba sighed, "<Maybe we can make plans for right after the next planting or the next harvest.>" The woman smiled at her husband. Ikooba would look to Gaul with a smirk, "Who says that men are in charge up here? And, well, maybe not everything in one sitting, half of this if he's really hungry. He just usually gets a bit of everything, one of the Relic Hunters started calling it the 'Boki meal', you folks don't eat much so Pei halved the amounts and called it the 'Boki Snack' so there wouldn't be as much leftovers.. Enough for two would be the Boki Meal and the Boki Special usually feeds a small squad of hunters." He'd pick up a second helping of meat for his plate, "Heat from a rock? Hmm, that would be very handy on the road." chuckling before taking a bite, "We could probably even make our own hot springs here in the village if we had some more of these heat stones."

Makalah would frown when it was mentioned that maybe she called Chezz a bad dog, she got up from the table and walked over to him, "You're not a bad boy. You're a good boy." She suddenly heard noises from the otherside of the door, knowing what it was she looked at Chezz and pet him again, "So you did find him. Good Boy." scratching behind his ear before she ran back to rejoin everyone at the inn.

The little light elf rejoined just in time to hear some of Asilly's stories. "Sounds like you ran into a ghost then. When my grandfather died I was on my way home from trading in the north when I saw his Chi. A blue ball of light, spooked my ox, and myself when it rushed out of the the bushes and circled around us. I felt calm however after the initial shock, somehow I knew after I got home it was him coming to say goodbye." Makalah would look awed by the stories, adding, "You mean like the Armor Man by the old well?"
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:36 am

"So that what there called ghost? I never heard of such a thing how odd well I guessing that is what they were they did not try to harm us but they did at time get close to us when we were gather up old books or other artifacts. Know one of them did follow me around the entire place I don't know why however I did feel something....... like I knew who it was but there was no teeling." She said as she finishes her drink and grabs a few bites of the food ok the table as she thinks of another story to tell to were she smiles and speaks up. "Besides those moments of my life with my mother there also the time when I spent some time with some very ppwerful and interesting people several of the clans Ill'haress. The first one I got with was Ash'waren she the ruler of the clan Sullisin and I got this to say that woman know how to throw one hel of a party and that considering the fact she over a thousand years old. Then let see here...... the current Ill'haress that I been seeing this past few years is a bit different and harder to work with her name is Waes'soloth and I going to put this simply this is the only woman beside my sister that I scared to death of." After that she keeps on eating after telling a little more about her life along with the current events that have been happening and it also the reason why her life has been very....... difficult.
Rhung
Summoner

Postby django » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:27 pm

"<The Dendles are a bit of an isolationists clan. They like to keep to themselves, and keep outsiders to a minimum... I was fortunate enough to Poni before going to the ranch.>" He reached for some rice and put some in his dish, and stated to eat. But that was a bit understatement. If he didn't know Poni when he did, it would have been possible the messenger would have left in a ditch with his throat slit.

"You need someone with mana to use these properly. But I'm sure someone could be convinced to power a hot spings. That idea sounds really pleasant." It was a shame humans couldn't use mana in any form he could understand, it would change all their lives up here.

Mae've took an empty spot at the table, noticing Makalah wasn't with them and was infact over by Chezz who still remained at the door.

"Do humans turn into... neither too?" She didn't want to use the word 'demon', as they were scary things her father warned her about. About how people with red eye's had demons in their souls, and once they get in there they cannot be removed... besides this Dendle liked her blue eyes.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:19 am

"Well, we have a few drow living here now. The Wood Cutter and her Mate along with all their children. I can only imagine that more drow will come to live here eventually. The male was looking for something to do other than watch the children all day. I'll have a talk with him about the idea later." Ikooba would try to explain, "I'm not sure how your nether works, but we call our life force <Chi>. When someone dies their <Chi> leaves their body, some say the Chi will wander around, sometimes taking the form of it's old body and becoming visible to others. Those would be ghosts, at least as we believe. I've had discussions about such thing with Halmes. Some believe more or less the same thing, some thing we're all just spouting nonsense. Among the Halmes however their Ghosts are more vengeful and angry, while ours are more helpful. Which is why we say <Spirits Bless us> or <thank the Spirits.> We're quite often thanking our ancestors for watching out for us, or even the Chi of things long dead having an influence on our lives."

Ikooba looked slightly worried now as Makalah started talking about 'the Armor Man'. "What did he look like little one?" Makalah would think for a moment, "He looked at me and got angry, he wore a lot of armor like the one in Mister Yan's house. He had a lot of swords strapped to his hip and shook his spear at me, saying a lot of things I don't know...and he had a big flag flying over his shoulder." Ikooba would frown softly, "Please stay away from the Old Well from now on." "Yes <Grandfather.>" Ikooba would smile softly. Ikooba would turn back to Asilly, "Enough about ghosts and demons, I'd like to hear more about these leaders you spend time with. It's been some time since I've heard Court Intrigue so to speak." Ukan had been quiet for a while now, most of her food was gone and she swallowed a few bites, "I hear she can make the entire underground become darker!" she said with a slight smile and some fascination.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:02 am

Asilly listen for a moment of the tell of this thing call chi know this has caught her interest hearing how it is the life force of the human she has always wounder what human could of have if they did not have a aura as the drow do. And the tells of this ghost the results of a human death after hearing there tells of this entity she know definitely wises to go with mae and her friends to see this entity up close if given the chance however it seems the talk of her know the clans Ill'haress staring with Waes'soloth. "Oh darling I do not know if she could darken the whole underdark but I do know what she is fully capable of doing and how powerful she is....... I put it simply if she had nothing to lose and nothing holding her back to unleash the full amount of power she has..... she could obliterate a whole army by herself and right know things are not going well for her and I trying to find ways to help her clan or herself." She told them as she finishes her drink she know she talking about a large part of her life but she does not like keeping secrets and she figures this people she know about the clans and who runs them.
Rhung
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to DT Freestyle