An unofficial roleplay subforum where you can roleplay in pre- or post-timeskip Raveran, Chel'el'Sussoloth, Nuqrah'shareh, or anything that catches your fancy in the Drowtales worldsetting. An approved character is not necessary to join, but worldsetting knowledge is required. Ask your questions in the Newbie School thread!

Val'Raveran- Border Guards

Val'Raveran- Border Guards

Postby django » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:23 pm

Garrus stretched his arms as he arrived at the usual meeting place. The court yard of course. Although today was different then their usual patrol in the city. They were on the rotation of border duty, that usually meant they searching caravans or questioning traveler, but it also meant Chi would get a chance to meet and work with group for a change. That would probably mean an empath or two. He hopped they got a chance to work with some familiar faces, it would be nice.

Taking a seat at a bench. Garrus wondered to himself if he came a little too early. He felt better this week then he did last week. All that fighting in the Volzz mines left him black and blue, and on top of being sore. Thank Sharess for well forged armor.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Val'Raveran- Border Guards

Postby Bamawing » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:05 am

"Cha'tia, you need to get going!"

"I'm already at the door!" Chi was annoyed at her brother. He was always on her case about something or other, more so lately since the baby's arrival was so close. She hoped her little niece or nephew would just get here already, so Tia'nir would calm the heck down.

Garrus had beaten her there, even so. She was relieved to only see him waiting. She was hoping to reform the Order of the Moon's Eye, and any potential recruits would be unimpressed by her lateness. Come to think of it, she may want to mention this to Garrus...

She greeted him with a wave and her usual cheeky grin. "Border patrol today! And I hear we're gonna meet some new people?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Kail'odian » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:46 am

Tai'ka was glad to hear of the change of pace for once in her new duties for the week. To add to her optimism she was the empath chosen to meet up with the Templar-warden pair at that bench at that particular day. Tai'ka was told by the administration at the temple that the patrol pairings were not always aware of who specifically would be accompanying them for the border patrols so it would be an pleasant surprise to see Garrus again. And to meet his warden comrade too.

It was a while since the Inquisitor worked alongside a warden or even a pairing but welcomed the opportunity to see the two in action. She was also looking forward to meet someone else in Raveran's Kyorl community too, for so far she only knew the three men from the previous week when she arrived.

Walking with extra padded boots, Tai'ka sensed ahead with her empathy to see where to pick up the Templar's familiar aura and spotted the trail about a block away. She soon found the meeting spot and two people already there, and she smiled a little more as she wondered what the warden would think on her choice of attire for an empath with black clothes having white outlines, along with spiked wrist and arm-bands, and even a leather spiked collar to round out her appearance.

As Tai'ka stepped closer, she used a little bit of her empathy to see what the other female was like and so far found it to her liking. She waved in greeting from about thirty feet away, just barely overhearing what the girl said. "Meeting new people you say? We both will.. except I met Garrus last week." She said with a chuckle before turning a little more to Cha'tia. "I'm Tai'ka of house Ior and a pleasure to meet you Warden. I am your designated empath for today."

[[A link to a chibi pic of my character Bama, just to get an idea of what she looks like. :3 http://kail-odian.deviantart.com/favour ... 1#/d52oyfy ]]
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby django » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:10 am

"Yes, border duty." Garrus smiled at Chi as she made her way towards him. "Its not exactly my favourite duty, buts its not the worst thing we could be doing either. And yes, we should be working an empath today. With our luck we'll have some stuffy bitch or something." He said as he stood up and noticed another familiar figure behind her.

No way, would they be that lucky. "Tai'ka! your our empath." Garrus beamed a bright smile at the strange looking Inquisitor. He hasn't having seen her much for about a week since they last got together.

"Tai'ka, this is my new warden Cha'tia. Cha'tia this is my good friend Tai'ka. Shes one of the good empaths." It was good to see a familiar face and he was happy to see her. "Its good to see you, how have things been?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:05 pm

Chi was rather surprised at the attire. What, was this girl part Beldrobbaen? But the girl's friendly wave and smile put her at ease. Or maybe it was her empathy? Suspicion flickered for less time than it took you to read the word. Subconsciously, Chi trusted. If the higher-ups trusted her, that was reason enough. If Garrus trusted her, that was reason enough. Both at once was tantamount to questioning the Goddess. Besides, even if it was empathy, who could fault the girl for sharing a quick burst of friendly emotion?

She extended her hand and shook the other's with sincere heartiness. "The pleasure's mine! Cha'tia of house Beli'ath. Garrus also calls me Chi, so if you want to, that's OK. Have you been in Raveran long?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Kail'odian » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:32 am

Tai'ka continued on giving the polite smile and her relaxed demeanor allowed her empathy to detect the surprise and sincerity of Garrus. The compliments made her chuckle a little as she went to grasp Chi's hand in welcome. "Aww Garrus, that's nice of you to say. He's being quite kind to be honest." Which was certainly the case since she knew he was telling the truth.

She glanced from Garrus to Chi and squeezed the warden's hand firmly in greeting, still smiling. She was trying not to grin and nodded as Cha'tia introduced herself. "Nice to meet you Chi. No, not really. I've only been in Raveran for officially a week so I don't know the streets much yet. Only some streets leading to and around the bazaar, and our temple in Raveran here."

The inquisitor stepped back a little to allow the two some personal space while they talked. "I hope I can be a good fit to help support you and your new templar."
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:07 pm

Having worked with Tai'ka before, Garrus was confident that Tai'ka would get along with his new and wilder partner Chi. With a bow Garrus said "And if you please follow me my lady warden and humble Inquisitors. Val'Raven's ambassador Kyorl'solenurn templar, to all things ladies and Chel related will show you the way around." His bright mood and boyish smile ever so present.

Chi, Avia, Tai'ka, Serra'tae and Bani'rettr. All from Chel and at one point or another worked with him in patrolling Raven. Sharess I haven't worked with another Raven born for like... months. A conspiracy perhaps?

Before taking the lead, he did a final check on his equipment. Sword, sealing gems, water, ada. Check and check.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:45 am

((Are we still allowed to post here?))

"I'm sure you'll be brilliant," said Chi, and she meant it. "And just wait until you try the mushrooms here. They've got some fine ones. Dendle, or something like that." She didn't need to tell Garrus to lead the way... he was already heading to the border. Excellent! She hoped there would be at least a little bit of action for this day.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Kail'odian » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:58 pm

[[I think we have to ask Thalar to move this thread to DT freestyle now. At least according to the description of the archive section anyway.]]

((**Edit = sent her a pm to move the thread. ^^ ]]
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:55 pm

(Thank Kail :) )

After a quick a quick stop at a Dendle mushroom stand, the Trio started their patrol along the borders of Raven. It was dark and uneventful patrol so far but the company Garrus kept made the time go by fast.

"Finally something." Garrus said as he spotted a brightly colored blue yellow and green, caravan being pulled by some painted underground beast of burden. Clearly the markings of a Sullisin'rune. "Well should we ask them hows it going?" Garrus asked the warden and inquisitor.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kail'odian » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:27 am

[Yw. *smallsmile* ]

The Inquisitor smiled with sincerity as Garrus started their patrol together although remained uncharacteristically quiet. Tai'ka suspected as she lightly felt out his emotions, Garrus was trying to give a confident impression to the two ladies accompanying him. She knew they were in good hands with the male around, and while she only just met Chi, the empath had a good feeling about her too.

After getting a couple of mushrooms to munch on later from the Dendle stand, the taller woman looked on and detected some auras and the beast of burden as well. She had detected them a ways off before they started but had given no conscious effort to keep track of the caravan. That was thanks to not really knowing the patrol routes to begin with. She tilted her head slightly in curiosity as she looked on, popping a mushroom into her mouth.

"Should we bother them Garrus - or are you just bored?" Tai'ka asked flatly. She was honestly glad there was nothing out of the ordinary for now, just regular traffic in and out of Raveran. "Of course it probably doesn't hurt to be courteous and social either. Perhaps they have some news from Chel even." Tai'ka said as an afterthought. "What's your thoughts Chi?"

As she thought about it, Tai'ka wondered what the Sul's were transporting to be all the way out here. They might have been a friendly bunch but Chel was in heavy strife and it would have made sense to her to have fortified the main dome in Chel, not Raveran. Perhaps she was just over-thinking things as they walked closer to the incoming caravan.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:22 pm

"I'm not that bored, that I would bother a bunch of people trying to mind their own business." Garrus said as he crossed his arms and gave a mock pouting face, as if somebody accused him of farting or something. He then said sarcastically "Besides they might have some illegal chocolate that might needs some confiscating."

As the wagon drove closer, the two blue armoured guards driving the wagon watched the group of greys with a careful eye. "Greetings, is this the road to Raven?" the driver called out. "Its is." Garrus said "Hows your travels been?", "Fine." the driver smiled. The one riding 'shotgun' didn't "Have there been problems, some chicken riders asked us that a few hours ago."

Garrus looked at Tai'ka and Chi. "Chicken riders?" He asked quietly. Could they mean Duskians?
django
Dragon of the Nether

Return to DT Freestyle