An unofficial roleplay subforum where you can roleplay in pre- or post-timeskip Raveran, Chel'el'Sussoloth, Nuqrah'shareh, or anything that catches your fancy in the Drowtales worldsetting. An approved character is not necessary to join, but worldsetting knowledge is required. Ask your questions in the Newbie School thread!

Parallax Red (2033 FUTH)

Re: Parallax Red (2033 FUTH)

Postby IkaikaKekai » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:56 pm

Paqu turned an old angle light on and slipped it into his harness, red light shining ahead of him. Che would dig around his messenger bag carefully. Pulling out his home made lamp, just in time for the lights to come back on. They would both exit the car. Che would go over to inspect the vending machine, Paqu would move to taste the water fountain after Mae tested it, "Filtered and cold." He'd start drinking from it then fill his canteen, looking over at Che while he inspected the machine. "After the collapse...when everything went tits up. We were still trying to maintain order. There was this vending machine on a street corner, this little girl was begging for money so she could feed her brother." He looked at the glass, "It wasn't even powered. I smashed the glass with my rifle. It didn't even occur to her to do that, or if she had money it would have just eaten her coins." He capped his canteen and would reach out for another one to fill. "This rookie police officer I was teamed with threatened to arrest me for property damage. Another just told him to shut up and grab some bags of jerky."
IkaikaKekai
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Brawl97 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:50 pm

As they passed into the underground tunnel, Ebinoth was feeling somewhat anxious. Something about moving at 'way too fucking fast' speed while surrounded by rocks made him feel uncomfortable. He had been in shootouts while in motion, but at least he could see who was driving the thing and they were on open terrain (mostly). I CANNOT for the life of me, understand why these things were popular back in the day. I guess we don't get sucked out into space like this, that's a plus...I guess.

Eventually he learned that things were safe, but he couldn't let himself relax until the crew started making conversation. Pffft! Ebinoth snorted Damn Paqu, world's going right in the shitter and hardasses are still threatening to put people behind bars. Nice to hear that people never change. I'll check the next car up, see if we can't find ourselves a directory somewhere.

Ebinoth opened a door at the very front of their segment and walked into the next. The quiet was eerie, he had his trigger finger ready to unleash all rounds at the closest non-friendly available.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby django » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:38 am

"I'm surprised no one else considered doing that first. Breaking into the glass or just tipping that thing over." Mae said as Paqu finished his survival story. Truth be told, there was one story Mae could tell when she and Ebinoth came across the bone remains of some poor sap that tipped one of these things over and crushed himself to death. Only the bones were left behind and stale.. very stale food that was left behind.

Ebinoth findings would only turn up silence. Nothing was really left here of importance besides the picture of the rail systems that he came across. Mae eventually would fill her water bottle and have a look.

"It seems here, this place only goes one way... to and from the teleporter." She said pointing at the bold red lines that showed them exactly where they were. "But where is this blue road hiding? I think we have to get out of here.. risk going up and to the surface of one of these bubble places."

It seemed this mar colony had four bubble places, with each of them connected by a train and separate walking tunnel. "Lets hope the bubbles haven't cracked too all of these places. To be honest, I was expecting a greeting party of some kind around here, but maybe the teleportor hasn't been active till now."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:29 pm

"There were a lot more people back in the day. Not everyone could afford a car, not that there'd be enough space for everyone with a car." Che was studying the map of the rail system. "Well, we can't hide in the subway if we're looking for a way back." He'd tap Che on the shoulder and he'd go to drink and fill up on water.
IkaikaKekai
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Brawl97 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:16 pm

Ebinoth cupped his chin, nodding thoughtfully. Oh yeah, lot more people back then. Guess I'm too used to open roads and ranger resources paying for everything. He could accept that this giant metal monster of a vehicle was a budget option. He supposed the past wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, a pretty obvious conclusion in retrospect. Those times were the ones that ruined the world and damn near wiped mankind off the map.

Don't jinx us Mae, we managed to make it this far undetected. Should one of us poke our heads above by themselves? If there's a breach and air is gone, it's probably better if the others can back them up, rather than get caught flat footed too. We can stand behind you.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:11 pm

"Goddess, I didn't think about that... what if the air above us is no good?" There was only one real way to find out... and so far nothing here tasted beyond what Mae thought was filtered air being aired around. The group left this one way tunnel system behind and started to carefully make their way to the surface.

A stair way lead to a lobby. From up here the doors had to be forced open with either a bit of encouragement or something more physical.

The surface was plains and forests! No so much unlike the videos one could watch or pictures from a book. But unlike those books, the bubble of this world wasn't over them. "I was sort of expecting city... not a park enclosure." The place they left was a bunker, much like many of those Vaults back on earth. "Now the question is where do we go from here?"

Chezz started to roam around. His nose buried in the soft grass and soils that were free from radiation and similar blasting.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:24 pm

Paqu would frown slightly, "Carbon Dioxide sinks when left undisturbed." Che would add in. Paqu lead the way with his shotgun ready.
After hesitantly helping the door open Paqu would be the first through, he was surprised by the greenery. "Holy Hel..." he'd say as he went out, not believing what he was saying. "Terraforming." Che would say, bending down to touch the grass, Paqu would move to the nearest tree and touch the bark. He'd start looking around again, "There's got to be someone here."
IkaikaKekai
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Brawl97 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:38 am

Ebinoth froze, he had trouble truly wrapping his mind around what was in front of him. The whole world was greener than he'd ever seen, it was a beautiful sight that came right out of a history book. Ebinoth couldn't help but silently curse the ones from back then for not trying harder to preserve this on earth.

I suppose we have about 2 options. We can get to higher ground and observe from there. The other option is to get to cover, reduce the likelihood of being seen and gather Intel slowly but surely from a limited but safer view. Either works, it's just a matter of whether or not you think whoever's here is also aware of us yet. If they know where we are, we may as well get the most we can as fast as possible, if not we should try to get the jump on them. Do you think they know?

Ebinoth paused and then reconsidered Actuall, that's a dumb question. We already know that we were kidnapped, they know. A better question is, why aren't we dead? Kidnapping and memory wipe implies hostile intent, but us not being dead implies they want us for something. Humm, if they didn't kill us on the train, they definitely want us here. I doubt they'd let us this far in and then kill us for trying to get our bearings. I think higher ground is best then.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:14 am

"Terraforming... They must have been planning something like this for a while." Mae said to herself, as if why didn't she think of it first. She was more impressed that something like this could be kept a secret... but even if it wasn't a secret, how could you explain to the population under any certainty... That it was real.

"Someone must be here. We did come across a vending machine and power still runs the trains."

And empty vending machines, and water fountains!

"I'm not so sure that were are kidnapped. Jason might have pushed us here to save us from something... Because if I was kidnapping a group as well armed as we are. I'd take our guns." And looking around them, they still hand enough ammo to fight off a sizable gang in the badlands.

"Lets get to the top of that peak over there and see where we are... this place is starting to look like yellow stone park." In fact, one could say this was a damn near good replica of it.

The group traveled along the beaten paths, encountering wild life like deer moving around in herds, and even a black bear that looked at them before running off into the woods. Chezz barked and gave chase to the dumb looking bear but quickly would pull back and return to Mae's side as she called them.

Getting high enough, still wasn't good enough to reach the top of the dome that looked more like a blue sky cloud. "You see that?" Mae said as she saw the village in the distance. The wood smoke from fires was more obvious up here. But with binoculars, they could make out the village of Fort Steel.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:05 am

Che would speak up more than just the few words he had said so far, "If it's like that thing that took us to The Big Empty, maybe the process affects our memories." Paqu was considering climbing one of the trees just for the hel of it. "We should proceed carefully. I vaguely remeber us exploring a military base. At the very least this is a government facility, if it's secret, and all signs point to it being secret, there should be some kind of security force here. If we do find someone here, let me talk to them. I can bullshit pretty fast and I know a lot of military procedures." He would start to follow Mae, "You've been to Yellowstone? Before or after the bombs?"
Paqu almost shot one of the deer with his auto shotgun, lowering it down before pointing it at the black bear, keeping it trained on him till he disappeared into the treeline. "Sweet mother of Sharess. There's so many of them." "What's wrong with that Yao Guai? It looked, weird." "It wasn't mutated that's why." He'd climb up with Mae, looking down at the village. "I was always told that fires in space was a bad idea. Means the atmosphere's more natural than what you'd get on a spaceship...Hel, I'm tempted to not leave this place."
IkaikaKekai
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby django » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:26 pm

"I never thought about that... but after what we've been through I wouldn't be surprised we might have some memory lasp's of some kind... but to answer your question about Yellowstone, I did alot of reading while I was a pow in your country... I didn't do alot of traveling after the war but heading back to my country and finding my old home was trapped on the other side of a wall."

But as they looked at the village down bellow. It certainly looked as tho things inside this bubble were not exactly like a submarine.

Grabbing her battered binoculars. She looked down to the place and saw the name Fort Steel written on it. "Its hard to argue that we could eek out a better living here then what we could back at home."

Suddenly Chezz started barking at something again. At first you would be mistaken that maybe it was the black bear again, but no. It was different, as a band of Black Sun Savages crawled out of the wood works. Hooting and hawlering to take their scalps.

An arrow whizzed just over Mae's head as she ducked down in the nick of time. Her lever action shotgun coming up and giving that savage 12 buck shot. The ball spread messed up that black sun man. Shredding his chest and reviling something even more unexpected. It wasn't bones or organs under this mans skin. He was a robot!

But he died like a man who took a full shot to the chest.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:44 pm

"Well...maybe we'll take a trip up there some day. It shouldn't be completely fucked...after all, why nuke a park?" He raised an eyebrow, "Fort Steel?" He quickly raised his shotgun when he heard rustling nearby and the arrow whiz past. "FUCKING HEL!" He shoulder the shotgun and started firing at the closet ones. Che would roll away and unsling his SKS, starting to fire from behind a rock, taking aimed shots at the blacksuns.
IkaikaKekai
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby django » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:05 am

Why nuke a park indeed? Too bad Mae didn't get the chance to reply to Paqu's question. Even if it might have been sarcasm. Things turn violent in that instant. Their shots rattled off and the savages returned to the forest to once they came. Out gunned, their bows and spears were no matched to their firepower and tenacity.

Mae was taking cover by a rock as things cooled down. "You alright?" She called out to the group as she shoveled more shells into her stage coach gun.

Another spark left the black sun's open wound. Between the red blood and goo, there was another robot laying in the dirt. "Robots? They don't strike me as guardian types... what the hell is up with this place?"

Suddenly another voice called out to them. "Hoe to the camp!" The woman's voice called out from somewhere. It didn't sound like one of the savages that was hooting at them before... instead it sounded more cultured and something close to proper sounding.

"And what do you want?" Mae replied back to the voice. "You belong with them?"

"Not at all. We were hunting them savages for a raid on a caravan. We were hot on their trail when we heard the gun fire. My name is Mae've Dendle. Pardon my lack introductions."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:47 pm

Paqu would get out from cover after a moment, then started checking himself, "I'm good." Che would stand up, "Me too." There was an arrow sticking out of his bomb bag without him noticing. He'd yelp. Paqu moved over to the 'body', looking it over before the voice called out, quickly raising his gun to the woman. He had that look on his face when she said her name. "Dendle?" he muttered, taking a moment to come back to reality. Che would move over, his gun lowered, looking at her in awe. Paqu would say his name/rank first, going with his army rank for some reason. "Master Sergeant Paqu'ette Dutan'valier. What's going on here?"
IkaikaKekai
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Brawl97 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:52 am

(Holy shit guys, my subscription button must be on some bullshit. I didn't notice things were moving at all. :A So fucking sorry)

Ebinoth exited cover, caught off guard by the idyllic scenery. He was grazed by an arrow...and felt a deep sense of embarrassment at the thought of the last fight of his life ending by getting pincushioned by stone age weapons. Well, that was a wake up call. Urgh, gonna need stitches for this. At least friendly faces are around too.

Ebinoth recieved Dendle's introduction and gave her a nod. His shoulder wound was a bit too big to salute comfortably. Ebinoth, ranger, pleasure is all mine. Before he could continue, he noticed Paqu saluting. The show of respect from him was a surprise, he looked at this newcomer woman with wide eyes. I take it that you know each other?
Brawl97
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to DT Freestyle