An unofficial roleplay subforum where you can roleplay in pre- or post-timeskip Raveran, Chel'el'Sussoloth, Nuqrah'shareh, or anything that catches your fancy in the Drowtales worldsetting. An approved character is not necessary to join, but worldsetting knowledge is required. Ask your questions in the Newbie School thread!

Parallax Red (2033 FUTH)

Parallax Red (2033 FUTH)

Postby django » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:59 pm

Mae was the first one to awaken to the whines and licking of Chezz mucking up her face with his tongue. It felt like she was hung over and needed to sleep off this terrible aching... But her dog wouldn't simply let her do that. "What... where are we." Mae mumbled as her robotic eye was rebooting and giving her perception again as well as the GPS to where she was... And something didn't seem right. This wasn't the same location she and the others were the last time Last time it was 37°14′06″N 115°48′40″W... now it was showing something else.

"This isn't the same place." She said while looking around in the white room, where she and the others walked into... before the flash of light happened. "This isn't the same place..."

She was right. As she looked out and saw through the glass window and saw all the lights of the machinery. "Hey... Paqu can you hear me?" She nudged the suss and bent over him. "Chezz, go wake someone else up." She ordered the dog, who in turn wagged his tail and wondered over to someone else to wake up.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Parallax Red (2033 FUTH)

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:40 am

Paqu would awaken with a groan, his eyes would take a moment to focus before he sat up. "This isn't the base...Air's too clean." He would look through the window, "Unless the rumors are true about that underground bunker." He'd look around, "I don't remeber going to sleep..." he started checking himself for weapons. "You run into any of the others?"
Last edited by IkaikaKekai on Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IkaikaKekai
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Brawl97 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:19 am

Ebinoth felt a coarse tongue licking his face, he turned on his side to avoid it. When the tongue started again, he smiled a little, his lower half began to warm up. Damn girl, if you really wanna go, you sure know how to...Ah!

Ebinoth realized he was caressing the head of his pet dog. He shifted his eyes from left to right, hoping nobody saw anything. It was only then that he realized that he was in someplace that he'd never seen before. He ran his fingers through his hair, breathing deep and springing to his feet. What did we drink last night? Where in the hell are we right now?
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby django » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:43 am

Paqy was right, the air was too clean. It wasn't the apocalyptic taste that her world had turned into, nor was it the tang of a underground bunker or hold out place. "Your right... I can't remember the last time I tasted something this clean... perhaps we are back at the Savage lands." She doubted that, but she didn't know what else to believe.

Chezz panted over Ebinoth. Satisfied that his job was done waking him up, he moved over to the one door and scratched at it.

Mae was the first to come over and notice the buttons and pressed the one that said 'open'. A hiss from the sliding door caused Chezz to bark. The dog was the first one to enter the control room and give the place a good sniff. Mae raised her lever action shot gun with one hand while cradling her mp40 with the other.

"Hello?" She called out, figuring if someone hostile was there. They would be bound and gagged already. But no one answered Mae's calls.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:10 pm

"I can...it was about a week after the Collapse. That's when the air started getting stale and hot. And no, we're not there, the air's dry. And there's no faint smell of dried macaroni and cheese so were not at the Orb." Paqu found his M9, 1911, and the automatic shotgun they found at the 'school'. He checked the drum magazine, "Full, we musta been indoors when...I'm assuming we were kidnapped again?" He'd follow Mae and Chezz into the control room, M9 at the ready but not pointed at anyone but up. Che would grumble and call back from the room, "Here..." when Mae called out. His SKS and bomb bag slung across his back, groaning as he rubbed where he was laying on the bolt of his rifle. "I'm here..." he took a while to get into a standing position and catch up with the others. Paqu would turn, "Gang's all here...well...almost."
IkaikaKekai
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Brawl97 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:33 pm

Ghost town, huh? I wonder what asshole is looking for a takedown today? Ebinoth grumbled. He briefly considered the idea of doing a workshop for rangers, one based around kidnapping scenarios. He had plenty of experience at this point.

This place seems pretty high tech. Gotta be cameras or something around. Paqu, you know this stuff right? Wanna check the console and see what's waiting outisde?
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:46 am

It appeared that Jason wasn't apart of the teleporting... and odds were he might have been the one to do it. Perhaps to save the group from some horror.. or something else. Regardless, it was back to the old crew and Mae needed to make sure they get back home.

Mae wished she brought her new trench gun with her, but she left that with the rover. So she would just have to watch her trigger finger on the good old mp40.

She couldn't make heads or tails out of alot of the switches and dials. But they also seemed relativity simple and basic. One of the green screens caught her eye... current location. "From Area 51 to Colony Parallax Red, Planet Mars. " Mae said aloud for the others to hear her. "Holy shit, this is a teleporting device. Its all recorded here."

Indeed, and this wasn't the most recent teleporting to here... according to this, it was only a week since the last use.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:37 am

Che would move towards Eb, groaning a bit in pain as he walked stiffly to him, slowly regaining full mobility. Paqu would speak, "I don't know this place, that's for hel sure." He started to walk over to the monitor when Mae read off the display, "Wait, WHAT?!" He went from walking to a sprint. "You've got to be shitting me...that place was Grom Lake? And you said Mars?!" He put his shotgun down and started studying the montier to see if there were any controls he could figure out. "How the hel is that possible? There's no way they could have kept that a secret. Hel they would have rubbed it in the Commie's faces." Che would try to look over Paqu's shoulder to study the display as well, "Lost knowledge?" he said with a bit of excitement, "To say the least, boy. This was classified at best."
IkaikaKekai
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Brawl97 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:06 pm

Ebinoth felt lightheaded, he wasn't sure if it was shock or anger that did it. They sent us to another planet!? What in the fuck!? I have no goddamn idea how we keep running into this shit. They sent something or someone else out here too. I don't suppose that bodes well for anything either.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:53 am

"I don't know computers... so maybe I'm wrong. But what if." She let the word linger for a moment."Lets say... its true. It wouldn't hurt to see whats up here. Goddess knows I'm burning with curiosity enough to check things over before risking this teleported again." Slinging her Mp 40 over her back. Mae started to move towards what had to be the entrance.

Pressing the button still slid the doors open, so the power still worked here. Must be because of the new age tech the Clans built behind the scenes.. then again she was apart of the Reich and never saw this level of stuff around. Too busy fighting in the desert over oil fields.

It seemed empty around here. The only exit Mae could find lead to a tram station. Where a white train waited for them. But was even more breathtaking was the glass tubing that ran across the red plains of Mar to the giant bubbles that must have been the space colony.

"Holy shit." Mae've said as her eye's widened.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:08 pm

Paqu would keep going over the computer, grumbling a moment, "Dammit to hel...I can't make heads or tails of this system. This isn't like the Robb Co. computers we had back on base." He'd pick up his shotgun and start walking after Mae and the others. Paqu froze in the same amazement as Mae. Che on the other hand would just look out at the scenery. "It's almost like home. But the sky's different." Paqu broke out of his awe, "Everybody be REAL careful with your shots. Death is on the other side of that glass." He looked to Ebinoth, "And it won't be a fun death either."
IkaikaKekai
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Brawl97 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:50 am

Oh fuck, things are getting worse and worse already. Ebinoth groaned as paqu gave him some very important information. Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure if we got sucked into hard vacuum, you'd never let me hear the end of it on the other side. So, Mae, feel like being a space conqueror? Wherever that path leads, whatever happens to be on the other end is definitely gonna be hungry for a lead sandwich.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:55 am

How does Mae end up in strange places like this... Why can't she just hunt bandits to their hiding holes and blast them out like damn foxes. She looked at everything her eye's could make out, which was more then most thanks to her robotic eye. Even if she fully didn't understand how to use it.

It didn't come with instructions.

"I don't know Ebinoth... I've never been a space officer before. I think being on another planet is out of my jurisdiction. Like that ever stopped us from fucking things up." She turned back to her men, and gave it some thought. "What's the vote.. do we try the teleporter again and see if it jumps us or do we take the train to the other bubbles." She pointed back down the long tunnels.

She too wondered what kind of shape the domes were like. They had to be more resistant to gun shots to endure what this planet could pump out, not that she wanted to test it. But if some space alien thought he could get the better of her; Mae would prove it wrong.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:28 pm

Paqu would pick up his shotgun, "I say we go looking for someone who can operate it, be friendly with anyone we find, unfriendly if the situation calls for it." "Lost knowledge!" Che said with some excitement, slinging his SKS. "Two for explore..."
IkaikaKekai
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby django » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:02 am

(I should have known better then to simply put it to a vote, will just kick things going as if Brawl said yes, because why would Ebinoth decide to stay behind. XD )

The Tram car carried the group down the tunnel in almost complete darkness. The lights along the either were not a thing, or were simply not replaced during the long way. Mae fished in her pocket for that rechargeable crank flash light she acquired during her stay at the clone 'collage' base.

"How far does this go?" She asked as the train when under ground, probably in a rail way system that worked from bubble to bubble. She glanced the light from person to person. Wondering if any of them had the fore thought to carry something to light a place up with.

The system beeped suddenly, as the closed in at a stop. Chezz, startled by the noise barked at it. "Next stop at Station 5." Said the female voice, as the tunnel finally started to show a light at the end. The Train came to a slow stop at the other end. The door opened and everyone could get off.

A vending machine and water fountain waited nearby. Sadly for the Rangers, the good food was long ago cleaned out. But the water still ran if someone pressed the button. Mae pulled out her radiation counter, and saw nothing of note. "Someone look for a map. This place looks more like a work station then a subway."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to DT Freestyle