An unofficial roleplay subforum where you can roleplay in pre- or post-timeskip Raveran, Chel'el'Sussoloth, Nuqrah'shareh, or anything that catches your fancy in the Drowtales worldsetting. An approved character is not necessary to join, but worldsetting knowledge is required. Ask your questions in the Newbie School thread!

Old World Blues (FUTH-2033)

Re: Old World Blues (FUTH-2033)

Postby django » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:18 am

"I sure hope he can." Mae commented before coming to a full stop infront of the bombed out houses. Shutting off the engine, she let the dog out and roam around and have a sniff. If Chezz had any other great use, it was smelling out mines laying around the area... so far nothing seems to have caught the german shepards attention.

"Well don't crack open his jaw until he gets their brains back into place." Mae said as she slung her rifle over her shoulder and carried the trench gun in her arms. Her real eye and robotic one hiding under the eye patch scanned the area. "See anything?" She called out to the others as she leaned her head in to look inside one of the houses.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:37 am

Paqu would exit the back of the truck, starting to scavenge around the remains of the houses. Che would stay in the truck, reloading his magazines with what ammo he had left as he moved over to the driver's seat. "Eh, Boy." He'd call out, Paqu would move back to the truck, being handed Che's carbine as Che took his 1911, "This is more your speed." 'Thanks." Che would check the gun and start to load the magazines he could find with the right ammo as Paqu went back to scavenging. Che would look around as he started reloading, "Doesn't feel right being on a firing range." he was ready to drop what he was doing and get the truck started back up.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:09 am

Nothing so far. Ebinoth responded to Mae. I don't see or hear anything like mechanical mutts. Let's get our supplies and piss off before they make an appearance. Or...actually, I don'tthink I'd mind if we get our stuff and then start shooting twisted robotic abominations.
So either or works for me.

Ebinoth stuck his head around a corner slowly, listening for any signs of trouble. Nothing, this place was quiet, too quiet. we're clear. Tread carefully.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Rhung » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:12 pm

Jason would start to head down a broken and destroyed street heading towards the cannons on a ridge stopping looking to the others. "It is safe here the cannons are not automated and I made sure they can not fire unless someone is at the controls and of the dogs there barks have be enhance to a sonic blast enough to knock you off your feet.....I going to the cannons I left a few crates there with ammo for my rifle but I see if there anything for your guns." He said as he would keep on walking down the road looking to his sides of the destroyed houses some with craters in the middle of them.
Rhung
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:22 pm

Mae watched Chezz roam around as the dog burried his noise into the dirt and gave the area a good sniff. He seemed satisfied enough that nothing that would explode if they stepped on it, so he just did what he always did and snoop around. She let him have his way. He was cooped up inside that truck while they roamed around in the school fighting those snake dog monstrosities.

But Ebinoth was right, it seemed too quite. As since they got here, they have had nothing but trouble with one roaming gang of monsters after another.

"The Dog seems fine." Mae muttered as she took her side by Ebinoth as they combed the empty buildings. "Sharess." Mae muttered as she almost blew away a family of dummys all watching the tv set. Mae decided to turn it on, and found out the bloody thing actually works!

The sound and the screen came on. The band was playing some kind of song Mae wasn't aware of. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JnfAr_YSxs But was on a loop, and non of the other channels seem to be playing anything else.

"Should haul this thing back with us." Mae said after shutting it off and noticed that Chezz had followed her in.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:18 am

Che watched as Jason went up the hill, "Ya need help? We could probably snag one of those guns if they still work. I mean we've got a Deuce to haul it around in. Might come in handy." He kept loading magazines as he waited for an answer, at the same time keep his eyes and ears peeled.

Paqu looked out, an SS Officer with an american M1 carbine, rooting around the bombed out ruins of an American suburb. He would look as the TV came on and started playing a song, starting to sing with the music. "Nearer, Sharess, to thee, nearer to thee. E'en though it be the eyes that raiseth me. Still all my song shall be nearer, my Goddess, to Thee." He moaned a bit when she turned it off and went up to it, looking it over.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:16 pm

(Sorry all wrapped up in Christmas stuff all week.)

Ebinoth listened to the music, it was sad just listening to it. Were all programs in the old days this rough? Probably not, this seemed to have significance, but it was still a rough sound for a channel's final sendoff. It can probably fit in the trunk. We'd have to find something soft to wrap it in though. Way we're driving, this thing'll be broken before we get back.

Ebinoth gave Paqu a pat on the shoulder. Poor guy looked like he had about 5 different flashbacks in the space of a half second as he looked at that relic of old days long gone. He wanted to say something, but it was hard to come up with convincing words when he didn't know how big a deal it was to the guy. We got a couple minutes man. If there's something you wanna say, go ahead and let it out. We are friends, after all.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby Rhung » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:26 am

He stop looking at che thinking on his words offering help and on his idea of bringing one of the cannons with them he would also eye the tv for a second. "You can come if you wise but to tell we can no bring any of this cannons with us they are mounted into the ground there no way to bring them with us...... As for the tv it could be if help the things got a powerful transmitter and batter within it." He would tell them as he would pick up the pace going to the cannons on the hill three of them there long barrels stretching out over the edge of the cliff face.
Rhung
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:02 am

(all good Brawl. Late Merry Christmas and New years to you!)

Mae turned the tv back on after seeing 'not' Paqu try to turn it back on. It was the same damn channel of the band playing and then fadding into blackness. What powered everything around here, was anyone's guess. Mae didn't see any power lines connecting to this building other then the mock up ones that sort of cut off just outside of 'city' limits.

Deciding that the tv wasn't worth her time. Mae decided to see if anything else was working... like the plumbing. And, low and be hold the taps ran both hot and cold water. "I'm going to see if the showers are runing too." She said after filling a canteen and having a drink.

Its been forever since she tasted filtered water.

If Mae cared that they wanted to take the Tv with them, Mae didn't show it as she slipped her way up stairs and started to run the water in the showers in the master bed rooms. All and All, for a testing ground. They made sure everything was working.

The cannons Jason was talking about, where more like forgotten defensive batteries.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:47 am

Che would tap the steering wheel a few times anxiously before putting the loose ammo and magazines aside, grabbing the 1911 and a couple of magazines before following Jason. "You'd be surprised what I can do with a wrench and hammer and a Deuce. Probably wouldn't be worth the effort to break it down and pack it into the truck though." He'd think for a bit as he walked up with Jason towards the guns. He'd raise an eyebrow, "What TV?" He turned towards the house a moment when he heard the music, groaning a bit, "I fucking hate that song. Myr'inil used to sing it all the time." he said, turning and catching up with Jason.

Paqu would sit down once Mae turned the TV back on, singing to the music a bit longer. He'd then turn to Ebinoth, "My mother used to sing that song for services. My sister hated it after mother died. She burned the pages of my hymnal after that..." He looked around for things they could pack the TV with as Mae went off for a shower. "Couch cushions. We could pack them around the screen and sides."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:27 am

Ebinoth didn't know what to say about Paqu's nostalgia. He himself loved his folks, but they were bandits and they had no particular allegiance to anything except money, right up to the point that he put a bullet in both of them. He chose to put his hand on his friend's shoulder and nod Yeah, I'll go find some cushions. Oil mae, find anything good for us while we were busy?
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby Rhung » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:54 pm

Working up a set of metal stairs he would move under one of the barrels of the cannons around were the destroyed and stripped remains of two sentry bots he would move to the back of one of he cannons opening up a metal crate. "There should be a few clips for your weapon and we will bring the ammo for the others back to the truck." He would tell the as he would start to load up the clip for his rifle and taking a few extra one.
Rhung
Vel'akar

Previous

Return to DT Freestyle