An unofficial roleplay subforum where you can roleplay in pre- or post-timeskip Raveran, Chel'el'Sussoloth, Nuqrah'shareh, or anything that catches your fancy in the Drowtales worldsetting. An approved character is not necessary to join, but worldsetting knowledge is required. Ask your questions in the Newbie School thread!

Darkest Mountain -1114-

Darkest Mountain -1114-

Postby django » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:26 am

Gaul wished more air ships were more available for ruin hunting, and exploring the old world. But they seemed to be relegated to trade between colonies, and personal yacht's for the Nals and Illhos. The two remaining clans to have any coins left after the last war.

And it was looking to be like another clan war was rising. No one was happy with being number two to someone else... But for now. Gaul was leading an expedition to the east, after some digging in the great libraries turned up some old trade routes that passed into the great mountains.

So far they turned up some old ruins and hobbles that were defiantly of dark elf make. But nothing else here seemed to live around here.

"Well set up camp for the night." Gaul said as he pulled his horse into cover of the very old stable.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Darkest Mountain -1114-

Postby IkaikaKekai » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:54 pm

Paqu and his wolf followed behind Gaul, the Shargress was 'rented out' from time to time to other relic hunting groups, and when Gual said he needed help he managed to get a favor paid. Soon as they were in the stable and Paqu slid off the old wolf would lay down with a slight groan, "Sokay girl." Paqu would pat the old wolf, digging in saddle bags to toss her some fresh rabbit meat, which she snatched without getting up. Paqu would then pull his tent out from the pack. "Not a bad spot to camp. There a well? Sasha's thirsty after that run."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:28 pm

Asilly would look about the ruins she been looking them over for some time as the others are arriving to the location once gaul and the other have arrive she would meet up with gaul. "Had a safe trip here I been looking about the area the ruins have several area that can be entered but it does not look like the place is very stabel." She says to him as she turn back around to look at the place as she would notice paqu with his wolf.
Rhung
Demon

Postby Brawl97 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:01 am

Shana threw a knife at a dartboard Heh, bullseye! she was mostly doing this out of boredom. The excavation was going as the schedule required but it was somewhat dreary, digging up old books. Asilly came around and started making a fuss about stability I wouldn't get too worried. These places are sturdy. Don't know what the darkelves put in their buildings but it makes the damn things last, sure as sure.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby django » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:16 am

"I think I saw one over there coming in. It be dry tho, I'll have look." Gaul looked over to Paqu's wolf as he left his horse in the ruins for the moment. He always asked himself why they mounted such beasts. They were far too much of a pain in the ass to feed, as far as Gaul was concerned. But he didn't complain to Paqu as he was glad to have the man along while being this far outside of Trade routes were concerned.

Nothing much was out here.

"Not very stable huh. I'm not much surprised about hearing that." Gaul said as he pulled Asiliy in for a kiss. "I'm glad you came."

But this wasn't the place Gaul wanted to look around. No, he wanted to get into the mountains and look for the road to the roads that cut into the mountain range, where there was mentions of a Temple of the old dark elf gods.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:48 am

Paqu would pet the wolf on the head as she ate, panting slightly as he walked away from the stable stall the wolf settled down in. "We'll need to check it, gonna need water tonight." He looked to Shana and Asilly as the two argued about 'stability'. "Some places are stable, then the ground gives way under ya and yer in a goddess damned bone pit." The wolf would wine a little as she laid down, looking at the horse in the stall next to it. Sasha was well trained but getting on in age.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:49 am

She would relax in gaul arms and kiss him back as she would cuddle up against him it been a while since they been together. "Well when I learn that this place was found I had to come also the main entrance seems to be wide open two large stone door cracked and broken on rhe sides...... along with that I did go inside and had a little look around so far nothing dangerous." She said to him as she would move out of gaul arms.
Rhung
Demon

Postby Brawl97 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:47 pm

Shana shrugged, things were going according to the schedule so nothing needed any more input from her. She grinned wryly at the two lovebirds having a moment in front of her. Well, let us be about this. Ancient ruins from the old days... Shana bit her lip just thinking about what they could find in there. We're gonna be rich. I can smell it in the air.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby django » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:59 pm

Gaul left Asiliy's arms and decided to check out the watering hole here. Taking a rope a bucket from his gear, he pitched the thing down and still found it still had water down bellow. Getting the water, and testing it himself. The suss began to water the animals.

"I don't know why you just didn't pick up a wolf from Mae's stock. Tho, they seem to be goofer, and have a dog like temper."

He thanked Sharess his horse had some mild sense enough not panic. Or there would have been no way for him to take a horse up here. "I wouldn't worry too much about rushing things Shana. No one is out here but us. And we at least have some idea what to do."

Although its a bit of a mystery once they get up in those mountians and past those doors.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:42 am

The wolf would get up from the stall she had chosen to lay in, eyeing Gaul as she approached and started drinking water next to the horse. "Not all the ones she raises turn out like Chez. Might be getting one from her though. Sasha's a good girl." The wolf would make a coughing noise after drinking, then resume. "if I had one of Chezz's litter, it might be trying to play with Black Pot. At least we know Sasah won't try and eat em." The wolf would finish drinking then return to it's stall, curling up with a huff. Paqu went to Gaul and Asilly, "I was about to ask if you were the client or not." he said looking at the woman. He'd then look at Shana, "You do any scouting around the camp? I'd like something fresh to eat and I brought a crossbow this time."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:19 am

she would look over at paqu as she hears him ask if she is the one that hired them or not. "let just say i am the one paying you all..... along with that i do have a understanding of the area and what we could find in this ruins so stay close when we go in. she say to him as she would have a look of who is all here in there group.
Rhung
Demon

Postby Brawl97 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:36 pm

We don't have competition, sure, but we have a pile of riches stretched out before us. Waiting has got me itching to see what's inside. she complained half-heartedly at Gaul, well aware that things were unlikely to progress faster than they were. She knew it was wrong to rush things, money would come in time...it still made her want to tear her hair out.

Yeah, I did some scouting earlier. I found some vultures flying this way and that, picking over a big cat. If you're not in the mood to go for either of those, we could try for some rams a little further east or we could try to pick off some smaller lizzards who might be crawling around.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:26 am

"No, not everyone follows what their parents are like." Gaul commented as he watched the horse and wolf drink. He dare not test Sasha's temperament. He didn't entirely like the dogs to begin with.

It was a small group, maybe too small for Gaul liking. But it was people Gaul could trust not to go greedy when the sight of treasure was around. "Don't count your eggs before they hatch." Gaul said to Shana as she talked to him about Treasure. The world was still very fat with ruins left behind, but sometimes you didn't get so lucky.

"I'll stay back here if you two want to go get something fresher to eat. Goat dosn't seem so bad if you can bag one."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:46 pm

"Usually the ones with the money are content to stay underground." Paqu would sip more water then go over and unburden Sasha, "Wanna go hunt, girl?" The wolf let out a low whine and he pat her head, hefting a crossbow over his shoulder. "Ram meat eh? Was gonna suggest roast buzzard for us and what's left of the cat for Sasha." The wolf would exit from her stall, following Paqu. He turned and smiled, "Ah, changed yer mind did ya? Wanna chew on some ram horns?" The wolf would make a slight growl and headbutted him in the leg, which got her a pat on the head. "Rams it is. Lizard would probably make a good appetizer." He got close to Gaul, whispering, "I get nervous when a client takes a very personal interest in a hunt."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:29 pm

" I already ate before coming here much is going on so i deduced to work on a full stomach.... and on top of that once we are through the gates and go further forward any information would be worthless since the landscape of the area ha most likely change a lot." she said to the others as she is here for her own reason of this hunt.
Rhung
Demon

Next

Return to DT Freestyle