An unofficial roleplay subforum where you can roleplay in pre- or post-timeskip Raveran, Chel'el'Sussoloth, Nuqrah'shareh, or anything that catches your fancy in the Drowtales worldsetting. An approved character is not necessary to join, but worldsetting knowledge is required. Ask your questions in the Newbie School thread!

Wu Kong Village -1114- -Surface- (Open)

Re: Wu Kong Village -1114- -Surface- (Open)

Postby IkaikaKekai » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:50 am

Makalah would look over at Mae've, "Do what too?" she'd grab a handful of feed from the bag and toss it into the yard, the chickens would break from their circle and start pecking and scratching at the food. Ukan didn't seem to understand the significance of it either. "Can I feed them too?" "Okay. Just take a handful and toss it on the ground." Ikooba would rub his chin, speaking softly so that Makalah couldn't hear him. "That is odd. Chickens never take orders like that."

Pei would return with a 5 gallon cask, setting it on the table in a clear spot while a waitress put a wood frame under it and put the glasses on the table. Pei started filling the glasses. "I do hope we'll finally get more of those mushrooms of yours. Boki keeps most of them for himself." He muttered something in Emberi before he handed Asilly, Gual, and D'ini a glass, taking one for himself. "<Spirits watch over us all.>" he toasted.

((I dunno how to play Go... :( ))
Ty Yung would make his move, "<Unless you kids are gonna muck out my stables you can move on and go to doing your chores.>" The kids would slowly disperse. "<Didn't even get to see the skunk...>" "<Don't take offense to them. Kids always take interest when new animals come in. I don't let any of em in the pen anymore, not since my nephew got kicked by a Halderi.>"

Han would sigh, "Where to start...the Militia, keeping Ukan safe, getting a house built for both of us." He looked off in the direction of the ruins he just explored. "Not being an Explorer anymore..."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:10 am

(Hey just to inform I might be out of commission for a bit I got a hurricane coming down on my head so if you guys like you can wait for me sorry if some of my post of been short or bad thing been chaotic around here were I live or you guys can post ahead of me.)
Rhung
Demon

Postby IkaikaKekai » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:21 am

((shit man, stay safe.))
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:25 am

(stay dry!)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Rhung » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:31 am

(Alright I got some time I post this one up quickly sorry if it bad wind starts to pick up here and I got tress a lest 40 feet high that could damage my house swaying.)
Tyler would move over to Anna and pick her up into his arms holding her tight as she looks at the small group within the area of the girls doing there work he speaks up. "I going to take Anna back to her mother I will allow you to get thing done up here....." he says as Anna wave goodbye to the group as Tyler walks away.

Within the inn asilly was looking towards D'ini as she says that she would have to speak to her mother and sister she leans back for a bit in her chair and decided to let her and gaul have some time she stays out of talking to her for a bit. Along with this she looks towards to the door to were Anna and Tyler coming walking into the inn through the doors as a smile qucikly comes over her face as the walk towards there table.
Rhung
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:51 pm

((Holy crap Rhung, stay safe!! My sister's near Sandersville, GA so I'm already worried, and I'll add you to the list of people I'm worried about. :( Let us know how you're faring as soon as you can, OK?))

((I had to look up how to play GO, but I've played a variation with my board-game-obsessed BF. You're trying to surround the other player's pieces with your own. I'm sure there's a VERY complicated strategy, but plunking down pieces and having Pon'i lose is simple enough and all I was expecting. XD Pon'i plays Go like I play chess... I enjoy it, and I'm proud to say that my study and practice has resulted in me being the second worst player in the known world.))

Pon'i smiled. "<No offense taken. If she was up to it I'd pass her around for petting, but for now I think it best to let her rest.> Isn't it?" he asked the skunk in drow, his voice the same as if he was talking to an infant. "You want to sleep now, don'cha? Yeah. You rest. Good girl." Switching back to emberi, he added "<Thank you again. I'm not sure what I'd do without her.>"

He studied the board for a while before making his second move - another classic safe beginner's move. This was to be the last intelligent move he made the entire game.

D'ini toasted back, attempting to imitate the emberi. It came out closer to "<Spearwatch over Brussels>" but it wasn't that bad for a first attempt.

Oh, this wine was good! "The first large shipment should arrive day after tomorrow," she said. "I arrived first to check the road ahead. And I missed this one," she added, giving Gaul's hand an affectionate squeeze. She had noticed his quick shot of alcohol, and while she wasn't going to ask in public what was wrong, she was worried. "But I doubt even Boki could manage to eat all the ones coming." He ate enough, however, for her to know exactly who he was.

She turned back to Gaul. "And there's a surprise coming with the shipment." It was probably something he could guess, but it made her ahppy regardless.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:29 am

"The chickens." Mae've pointed to the animals as they behaved as no animals should. So orderly and fashionable. But that was all broken as the animals break their circle and go for the feed. "Kind of think of it... I do remember you telling us Chezz was hungry once before... Do you have powers?"

"Leaving so soon? Bye, I hope to see you at dinner!"

Gaul was surpised to see a 5 gallon sized drum placed on the table. He loved plum wine, and smiled as he raised his glass to join in the toast. But he almost choked on the sip he was drinking once Dini teased him with a surprise. "A what? Surprise did you say? What could you be possibly be talking about?"

His mind went a little wind trying to piece something together.

"Bah, you'll have a good life here." Mae said as she pinched Han's leg, and tugged on him. "You can always go back again, there always hard up on warriors... Me? i don't know when I'll stop this. Probably when I'm dead."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:16 pm

Makalah would look at Mae've, "Powers?" "Yeah, you know, sorcery?" Ukan made a corn kernel from the feed bag sport. "Didn't you get tested when..." she suddenly remembered that Makalah was born a slave and went quite. "Oh..." Makalah would frown slightly. "I never did get tested...but I didn't show any signs of being able to use sorcery." Makalah would close up the feed bag and drag it back into it's storage shed, closing and bolting the door. Ikooba would look to Tyler and Anna as they left, "Miss Asilly knows where we live. We'll be expecting you for dinner tonight." Ikooba would walk over and pat Makalah's head. "Is that all your chores?" "Yes <Grandfather.>" "Good, you can go play now, make sure you clean up and change before dinner, I'll let your <Grandmother> know." He would start walking out of the yard as well. The chickens still pecking at the ground. Makalah would look at Ukan and Mae've, "What do you want to do now?"

Ty Yung would make his move, a risky one as he put his stone next to one of yours. "<That's awfully cute. Maybe the kids these days need pets. We only really have livestock here. Uncle Ikooba says that the halmes have dogs and such. Boki says you people managed to tame those cat people that we see once in awhile.>"

Pei would chuckle slightly as D'ini tried to toast back in Emberi, then laughed out loud when she said she doubt Boki could eat it all. "You don't know Nephew Boki. We might exaggerate a little but there's a reason he's not allowed to enter eating contests during festivals anymore." He'd swirl the wildberry brandy around in his glass before drinking. There was a smile on his face as Aunty Wei came over, taking his glass from him, "<Go work the bar, I'd like to talk with our guests a moment.>" She'd finish off the rest of the brandy in the glass, "<Woman! What do you think you're doing?>" "<Entertaining guests in my Inn.>" "<It's only a name! It's my Inn, I only did that for marketing reasons!>" "<And how do you explain to the drow that a man is in charge even though you put a woman's name on the sign?>" She'd give his ass a slap, "<You've had your fun for the day, let me have mine. And make sure San Cho's father leaves her alone...poor girl.>" Wei would refill the brandy glass, "Hello, I don't think we've met yet. I am Wei Yao, but you can call me Aunty Wei. You've met my <husband> of course."

Han would smirk and pinch her arm back, "I'm sure I will...it's just gonna be a lot of work, I'm just overwhelmed at where to start..."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:27 pm

Tyler would walk into the inn and look for asilly to were they see her and the other at a table at the end to were he walks over to the table and taking a sit next to asilly with Anna in his arm to were Anna would speaks up. "Mother I made some new friends were going to be hanging out tonight after we have dinner..... would that be OK with you?" She asked her as she looked over at gaul then to D'ini as she smiles at the both of them as Tyler let out a little sign seeing that his going to be with her and the other probably for the night.

Asilly would speaks up after her daughter spoke to her about having a girls night to were she would speaks up. "I say you and your friends have fun tonight darling also Tyler you can take the night off and get some rest.... know about this shipment it be here within a short time what is there anything else I should get to know?" She asked D'ini seeing that if there is anything else that need to be done.
Rhung
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:53 pm

Pon'i was excited when he saw the risky move. This meant that he could take a risk as well! He made a colossally bad move that meant Yung could take the piece without putting any piece in danger. "<Yes, we've got some pets. The cat people are called Ferals. Really expensive, nothing I ever managed to get into myself. More people have tiktikis, they're a type of lizard. And I've heard of a few people who have domesticated rats. Don't know anyone personally, though.>"

"Indeed not, Asilly. I certainly can't think of anything. Enjoy your evening!"

"Good to meet you, Aunty Wei. I have indeed met your <his band>, and your nephew Boki. Did he speak to you about the mushrooms? He said he would... I gave him some of our underworld wares, and he asked me to bring up more to supply the inn. I've been gone a week making the arrangements."

((I looked back through the posts... the last one before my health went <aaccckk falls over in a manner most dramatic> was March 17, on page 22 of this thread. I've been assuming that she talked to someone...))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:14 am

"Get tested for what? Farm handling?" Mae've said with the upmost genuine wonder, without a hint of sarcasm. "Oh, I see. I can do this." Mae said as she eagerly looked for some water and made some ice out of it. "I'm not very good, but I try when I'm bored."

"You guys want to meet my mom!" She gleamed a smile, now that she had guessed her mothers business attitude might have petered out. "Chezz can you give us a ride?" Mae've clapped her hands and beckoned the wolf over. The large riding beast was all too happy to help them along.

Gaul watched the door as Anna was carried into the in and sat next to Asiliy. Apparently the girls were planning on a sleep over.

"Would you mind dear." He said, while shifting body. His knee was starting to fall asleep, and Dini was a heavy enough of a lady. Not that he would tell her that himself. But then the wolf showed up at the inns door and the trio of girls were let off.

"Mommy! I missed you. Are you done doing business?" Came Mae've the youngest of the Dendles who wanted to hug and cuddle up to her lath mother.

"Are you girls planning a sleep over?" Gaul asked Mae've as she looked to and from Dad and Mom. Wondering who would say 'yes' more... it was mommy of course. "Yes please. Mommy can we have a sleep over like I've done in Chel." Poor Mae've was starved for playing with children her own age.

Mae shrugged to Han's. "No sure dude. But I'm sure you'll figure something out, and I could probably help you out if I'm still around."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:48 pm

((well storywise it's only been a day or two but the magic of time and space makes it a week))

Ty Yung would take the peice with a grin, "<Lizards? Hmm...seems like an odd choice for a pet. Might be a good choice for around here though. Plenty of bugs flying around that we could do without. As for rats...well think we'd rather have the ferals around than the rats. Nasty little things that eat our stores and spread disease. Skunk might be tolerated around here, a rat won't.>" He'd stretch out as an ox started moving towards the stump at a slow pace. The thing was old but well taken care of, it would sniff at Pon'i's hair. "<Don't mind Moonbeam. Well, I guess we do have pets of a sort. Moonbeam here's been my ox for quite some time. Probably getting close to dying soon so I don't put her to much work anymore. When we get an ox here we tend to take good care of it, and they get pretty smart too. They can listen to us too, Lie down Moonbeam.>" The ox would move to one side of the stump and lower onto it's knees before it laid down, chewing its cud. "<Gonna be a shame when it's her time. But we'll have a good feast when she does.>"

Wei would smile, "Oh yes, and I've been looking into some recipes to use them with. I think we might just skewer some and roast them on the fire with a dash of oil. Your dress is wonderful by the way, what is it made out of?" Makalah and Ukan would follow Mae've into the inn, they would both bow, "Hello Sera Dendle." "Hiya." The little light elf would go up to D'ini, "We're also supposed to have dinner at my grandparents house. You, Sera Gaul, Mae've, Miss Asilly, her daughter and bodyguard, my grandparents, and sera Han'yia and Ukan."

Han would look at Mae, "Well, I gotta do something soon. Even if it's just training the militia..." he'd look at her, "You going somewhere soon?" He had a look of realization, "Oh, I never showed you what we found at the ruins."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rhung » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:23 am

Anna would get up and head over to the three girls and would speaks up to them as Makalah would speaks up to them of who is going to her grandparents home for dinner tonight. "I got new my mother has told me I can join you all tonight togather also I can't wait to meet up with your grandparents but i have to ask werw are your real parents?." After she says this asilly would come up behind her and rubs her head as she then speaks up since her daughter about Makalah. "It a long story darling and not something I wise for Mak to talk about it but tonight I sure we will have a good time..... and I have to ask what tike do we need to be there?" She asked the light elf.
Rhung
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:24 pm

((Sorry so late! Everyone at my house came down with flu except me. Y'all, Moms have a *hard* job.))

"They are good roasted," D'ini said modestly. "I think <but'ter> would be good on them, as well." She swept her hand over her kimono... it was her very best one, worn seldom, and she treasured it. "Combination spider and overworld silk." One layer was a rare overworld fabric called "cotton," but she knew enough to not mention that.

D'ini allowed Gaul to shift her off his lap. She had probably made his leg fall asleep, poor thing. She'd have to reward him for that later. And then the kids came in.

She nodded regally to the light elf. "We will be honored to join you for dinner. Please extend my thanks for the invitation."

"Mommy! I missed you. Are you done doing business?"

D'ini gathered her daughter in. It wouldn't be much longer that Mae've would let her do this... the girl was growing up. She gave the same answer she always did: "Never, darling, and I never want to be. But you're free to speak."

Mae've cocked her head and thrust a fist on her hip. "Mommy! You know what I mean!"

"Are you girls planning a sleep over?" Gaul asked. He was always able to tell what the girl was thinking. She teased him sometimes about being part Sul'issurune.

"Yes please. Mommy, can we have a sleep over like I've done in Chel?"

D'ini smiled. "If your father says it's OK." When Mae've turned to ask Gaul, she nodded pleadingly over the girl's head. The facial expressions on both females were identical.

That taken care of, D'ini turned her attention to Anna. She looked no more than two years older, and a copy of her mother except for Gaul's eyes. She did have more questions, but she'd wait until they were in private to ask.

Pon'i, curious, reached out to touch the ox's wooly coat. His fingers sank in to the second knuckle. "<She's soft!>" he cried out in delight. Softest animal in the underworld was a dawmere, and those weren't this nice.

He made another play - a bad one - and turned his attention elsewhere. D'ini was planning to simply hire people on the spot tomorrow, but he had much more exposure to the overworlders and knew their culture a little better. "<Tell me, Uncle Yung, how much do trees cost around here? Wood, I mean. We need some to grow mushrooms on, but I don't want to hurt any sacred trees or ask people to do anything unseemly."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:12 am

(Ouch, sucks to hear about the sickness in the house.)

Mae've and her mother gave Gaul that pleading look, and he couldn't find it in himself to say no. Even if he wanted to. "I don't see why not. But where are you girls planning on staying for the night?" He said while shifting his leg back into awake.

The ada blue eyed girls gamble almost didn't pay off, but she was still lucky dad was on a roll with letting her get away with fun things. Maybe in a way he was trying to make up for coming to Raveran after loosing so much of her original home. She did miss her apartment house and all the friends she had on the other floors.

She hopped they were safe.

"Umm. We haven't decided yet." She looked to her friends for an answer.

Gaul looked at all the collected family members, and wondered how it was unlikely he'd ever see both his daughters and their respected mothers in the same room. Let alone getting along now after a rocky start. Should he tell Mae've and Anna they are sisters? Would Anna care, as most Lath men don't raise their children at home. Would it bother him to find out?

"Not any time soon I think." Mae answered Han's as asked if she was leaving. "Oh, what did you find?" She asked as her dumb mutt wolf, decided to come and say hi. Now that the girls were back in the tavern talking to their folks.

"Woof."

"God lie down." She pointed to a spot and the dog just laid down watching them on the porch with his yellow eyes, while panting away seemingly happily.
django
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to DT Freestyle