An unofficial roleplay subforum where you can roleplay in pre- or post-timeskip Raveran, Chel'el'Sussoloth, Nuqrah'shareh, or anything that catches your fancy in the Drowtales worldsetting. An approved character is not necessary to join, but worldsetting knowledge is required. Ask your questions in the Newbie School thread!

2033 -FUTH- Vault 18.

2033 -FUTH- Vault 18.

Postby django » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:34 am

Mae ducked behind the rock face, as the bullets skipped over. The head was unbearable in this time of the day. But she knew a gang of "The Burnt Raptors" were making a pass here to fuel up at the trading town, and this spot was good as any for an ambush.

The living Biker gang scattered for cover. As claymore's that laid in wait for them in the tight road, shredded their leader and his Sargent in arms into pieces. It was hellish to be caught in that wreck. But not everyone in that gang was stupid, and brain dead to combat.

As Mae was soon ducking back under cover, as small arms sprayed her position. A spot where she wasn't waiting to pop up any more as she crawled to another position. And Pulled another switch, killing some of the bikers in the back to discourage turning out and fleeing right away.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: 2033 -FUTH- Vault 18.

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:40 am

Che would load a grenade into his SKS and fire, hitting a cluster of Bikers. Paqu would pop up with an RPK from the opposite side as Mae, laying down cover fire for his new boss and partner. He swiveled on the bipod as he aimed for the bikers that weren't taken out by explosives. The large magazine would empty and Paqu would whack it out with a full one, rocking it into position before racking the slide and opening fire again, this time in bursts aimed for where he saw movement.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:45 am

Ebinoth almost felt bad for those idiots, almost. He didn't feel bad enough to stop pumping heavy machine gun fire into the pathetic scraps of cover they had hidden themselves behind. His aim was true, he could hear the creams of raptors in the distance, a wonderful noise. Another day at the office, eh? I guess it's not so fun for them to be caught in a trap. Scum like the raptor always set traps for innocent people, rangers were sent to teach them what it was like to be on the other end.

Ebinoth wondered inwardly wether the lesson got through their thick skulls. His bullets certainly did,.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Rhung » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:10 pm

Jason as seen much with his new friends and now it seems that chaos keeps finding them as he fires off round coming from his Radium Carbine each round bath in enough radiation to cause flesh blackening and sloughing away. It is also why he is away from his friends taken up on a hill taking long range shoot at the bikers each round that hit cause almost most instant death as the radiation although short live causes there body starts to break apart and die at a cellular level as organs fail and skin rotted away. He looks over however to a group of biker taken up cover behind a group of large rock and seeing that his round only effect a person if it hits them and it could give the other a chance to engage the others up close to were he could not fire without getting them hurt by his weapon he lay it down as he picks up another the one has a long barrel covered at the top by two large spikes as energy starts to arc between it and the barrel, in the middle of the weapon is a large energy cycle shape power shell to were the weapon starts to charge up arc of energy starts to spike from it around him.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:14 pm

Nothing was better then a plan gone smoothly and the Mae book. The smell of battle wafted from the ambush site. Gun powder, spent shells, roasted flesh, and not above it all... The soiled pants of the dead. But even Mae couldn't help herself but gawk at the sight of a dead man... or woman, who was killed at a cellular level.

"Sharess Jason. What the hell kind of gun is that." She said changing the magazine to her modified Sks, from a fresh one at her belt. "Che go get the Rover, and bring it over. I want their heads in that barrel before the sun ripens them."

Mae didn't plan on catching all of them. But she still came along with a whole F-ing barrel of red vinegar. And a trailer to haul it around, because Mae planned ahead on not to have her Rover smelling like pickled heads and red vinegar .

Mae slowly approached what remained of the biker gang. Watching for sudden movement, and taking her sweet time doing it. Taking one body at a time. Mae punched the hot barrel of her SKS into the bikers eye's. A gross work, but a sure fire way to stop anyone from playing dead.

"So far so good." But Mae stopped her gruesome work suddenly. As she came across the dopiest, childish face she's ever seen on a lath man in a long while, dressed in a blue uniform with -18- on a patch.

"Jimmie Crickets, you sure showed those hooligans what for." The clean cut face shyly said to Mae. Who probably wasn't the nicest looking person to meet out here. What with her Nazi Pirate look to her. "You wouldn't know the directions to New Vagus would be would you?"

"Umm." Mae said, unsure what to think about this Atomic family era looking nut was about.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:56 pm

((Guess who really does have an SKS now :D ))
Che would nod, "Yes Boss." folding the grenade sight of his SKS down and adjusting the gas block before he slung the rifle and ran off to go get the car. Paqu would get up from his position and walking around, seeing the carnage, "Sharess wants nothing to do with this abomination." he'd start stepping on fingers, his way of checking for fakers since he didn't have a bayonet and his gun was a bit too awkward to swing around like a rifle. And if anyone could manage to not scream out in pain with his weight on their hand they deserved to feign death and slink away when they were gone. He'd have his machine gun raised and pointed at the blue clothed sap by the end of the word 'Crickets'. "Stand down, hands up, Civilian." He barked out He raised an eyebrow, "Don't you mean Las Vagus?" He'd move over to Mae, keeping his gun raised at chest height, "This guy's too clean to be local. And he's speaking straight out of an old TV show I used to watch."

Che would come rolling up with the Range Rover, driving slightly better than when he first started out.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:58 pm

Ebinoth looked at Jason with sparkling eyes Where can I get me one of those? it was an interesting thing, seeing someone get destroyed on that level. Such a spectacular weapon...The men of the past couldn't have possibly done anything less than wipe themselves out with those things in hand.

Soon enough, a particularly striking boy with a very strange jumpsuit on walked up to us and asked questions about the area. He definitely wasn't from here. Ebinoth wasn't much good with directions, he wasn't able to tell him where to go. When the world got blown back to the stone age, every city got blown away with it. New vagus happens to be a place that got refurbished, for a much smaller number of people but still. That was about all he knew, people putting old cities to use for spare parts and shelter wasn't a tithing new to him.

You new around here, stranger? It's a bit dangerous to be walking about dressed like that.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby Rhung » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:20 pm

Jason stop the charging of his other weapon sewing that the bikers are no longer a threat he presses a switch on the side and it folds itself up to were it can fit on his back as he pick up his radiation weapon changing out the clip as he looks at ebinoth. "I have more at my home this weapon is one of many I have that use radiation one such uses pure gamma radiation.... use on a organic target there nothing left but a black outline on a surface that they were standing... on inorganic burn through it." He says as she catches up with the other taking one look back to ensure no one else was coming.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:10 am

(OH nice!)

Chezz was waiting in the car, almost like he always was when Mae was out and needed someone to simply make sure no one stole the wheels of the car and left them stranded. He moaned and groaned to Che's driving. Not really afraid, but wanted to see Mae again. Of course he probably was afraid of Che's driving on the rough roads. "Urrrgh" Chezz moaned in the passenger seat.

The young man looked more like somebody who modeled for the Hardy Boy's on a magazine. It even brought a smile to Mae's rough face for some reason. His hands when up, and the travel back he carried was dropped. Staring gawk eye'd at Mae and Paqu as they talked.

"I'm not from here." He said to Ebinoth, who looked bigger and scarier then most of the bikers who laid dead at their feet. And certainly felt like in another setting, Ebinoth might be the guy kicking sand in his face on a beach. "Oh this. This was my uniform from the Vault. We just recently opened to the outside world, and I was sent to deliver some things to Mr House.. am I being robbed?"

Mae talked to Paqu as Ebinoth introduced himself. "Your telling me. I've never seen someone so clean cut outside the towers or inside a bunker. You think he comes from something like the Orbilth?" And many, many more. Mae didn't know what kind of magic Jason did to this world. But her world wasn't one of hidden bunkers and misplaced timelines.

But one of the bikers carried something neat... a wanted poster with Beaver Cleaver picture on it. It seemed this roving gang wasn't here on a roaming and refueling trip as Mae first thought.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Paqu would lower his LMG, letting out a sigh, "No kid, you're not being robbed. We're Rangers." He'd move aside with Mae as she talked with him. "It's a well maintained bunker at the very least. If it is like Orb the higher ups might want us to find it. More 'citizens' to tax, or like Che would say, 'lost knowledge'. Vault sounds familiar...can't place it though. And he might be talking about Robert House, that or one of his kids. He was a Pre-War Industrialist. Made a lot of money, lot of Government contracts too. Even my M16 had a RobCo roller mark on it.. Wouldn't surprise me if he had his own Private Bunker to wait out the bombs." Che would pull up in the Rover, popping his head out the window, "Is that a real Vault-Tech Vault Suit?"
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:04 pm

This kid was apparently from one of those bunkers that open occasionally and spew out people lucky enough to not have had to participate in rebuilding the world their ancestors trashed. Ebinoth looked at him with a mixture of curiosity and envy, the boy looked soft, an upbringing that could only come from such a low violence environment.

He didn't seem like much of a threat and we were starting to wrap up. Sure enough, those outfits strike me as something they'd make you wear down in those bunkers. I'll tell you this, you're probably gonna die out here if you try walking all the wah to your destination. You might just die of heatsroke or dehydration. We are the law out here so I feel it wouldn't do to let that happen. You want a ride?
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby Rhung » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:56 pm

Jason comes over to were the main in the vault jump suit is as she reach him he looks over his clothing and sees the number 18 is on it. "Number 18 the main hub for the vault network also the main experiment the vault was ment to be were you would see the other vaults..... yet something happen since I lost contact to the place but I keep tabs on the other vault the best I can with many of the then falling aprt." He say to the main as he examines his suit to were he then hopes into the vehicle they have other places to go and if he want a ride he can come or he can keep up the walk.
Rhung
Demon

Postby django » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:08 am

The kid gave them the face, like he saw them like cowboys of the old west. "Golly! For real. I am sure am lucky to have met you kind people. For almost a moment I thought I was done for when these unkindly fellows were heading my way."

"Yes sir." He said to Che before turning back to Ebinoth. "Golly sir. I didn't think it was that bad out here. I don't have no guns or nothing. My pa gave me a Dead Eyes Faen rifle one Christmas but didn't see the point as it only shot little pellets. I would be most appreciated if I could have a ride sir. You wouldn't happen be going to New Vagus would you?"

Beaver looked at Jason with pure horror. "It was fine the last time I last looked good sir. Ma and Pa, and everyone was doing just fine."

Mae usually didn't impose her business on matters of dealing with towns and were they fell into jurisdiction for taxing or what ever. And if some government asshole tried to push tax collecting on her, she usually just drove off and did something else entirely.

"I know something of Mr House. New Vagus is something of a grey area for us, just like most city states. His place was saved from a lot of the blast. Mostly just gassed if I recall." Mae compared her work to highway patrol to city guards. She was still a police but she usually didn't go into a city unless it lead her there. Locals didn't always like her coming to town. What ever peace they brokered with gangs usually just ended up dead.

"Lets finish up here, and get going. This is killing my curiosity." She upholstered her revolver and checked her bullets.

* * * Who wants to play as bad guys again while the good guys do their thing? Optional of course* *

Benny waited inside the best the hotel room had to offer. Staring outside the window looking at the giant green dino statue out side of Novac.

"I should have brought another suit case of cash with me. I didn't think so many of the gangs around here were looking for work. Hope they all don't kill each other too hard, we need that Android intact." Benny of course wasn't planning on pay any of the gangs their dues when it came down to it. But Mr House was expecting a package inside a robot that looked almost too elf. That was if his leak was correct and he wasn't going through a wild goose chase.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:34 am

Paqu looked to Mae, "Gassed? Holy shit, how bad was the War?" Che would hop out of the truck, "That's for the Boss to decide." He'd start checking the bodies, pulling out guns and ammo to go through later. Paqu would whisper to Mae, 'There's something off about this kid. Can't place it. Don't think he's dangerous though...other than maybe being a bit inept. Just don't give him a gun." Che would look up now, "You had a Dead Eyes Faen Pellet Gun?! I found one in the ruins once when I was a kid...but my sister burned it..." He frowned, "She burned a lot of my things now that I think about it." He'd help Che with the bodies to get the heads ready for 'pickling'.

Wearing a mostly clean two piece black suit was Mikey Three-Four-Fives. He was sitting on the old hotel bed, cleaning one of the prewar 1911s he kept, it's twin was sitting to his right, and a Tommy Gun on his left. The Former Tribal was taken in by Benny and was a good enforcer. "Won't take much to get the bullets flying with that crew, Boss." He'd reassemble the pistol and slip it into a holster under his suit jacket, then the other. "And once the bullets start flying the Bots'll take care of the rest. Nobody'll complain about getting paid if nobody's left to complain." He'd take the drum mag out of the Tommygun and put it into a small guitar case, topping his head with a white Fedora as he waited for the actual order to move out.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:53 am

Ebinoth sighed, is that how people talked back in the day? That was gonna take getting used to. Whatever, we drop him off and probably don't meet again, what's the harm in dealing with his weirdness for now. Ebinoth gave him a thumbs up Guess we're headed out that way now. Quick question, anybody you know who wants you dead? Kill someone's loved one? Rob their house? Run over their dog? Anything at all that would put a "kill me" sign on your head?
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Next

Return to DT Freestyle