A forum dedicated to talking about the latest games and game systems! Share your thoughts on and opinions on up coming games or old classics!

Who's Looking Forward to DA:I

Re: Who's Looking Forward to DA:I

Postby Pitdragon » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:16 pm

I fell behind due to work shift pulling me away (and my Inquisitor's Edition arrived on the night of release, nothing EVER gets to me on a 2-day usually at 2-days or less!). I messed around with the tarot cards that came with on breaks though. And the map is so soft. I'd have liked the map markers to be a little heavier and a little more metal-like, but eh. The cards, the map, the book and quill, the really awesome case... hee.

But now that I've made turkey and gotten properly fed, I'm back on it!

AND THIS ENVY DEMON SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Thought the fade sequence for it beforehand was well done though - great way to introduce Cole. Liking all the companions. And the game is beautiful, the npcs aren't uncanny-valley yet really well done for speaking and expressions.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby TheJackinati275 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:34 am

Metzger wrote:Oh right, how's the crafting system on Inquisition? in Origin it was easy to understand and use, in DA2 it was meant to be even easier to use, but the end result was something I personally found confusing and inferior to Origins crafting

Customization is amazing, there is a lot of variety so long as you have the right materials.

You can change the appearance of the Armour by changing the cloth, leather or metal that you use to make the item that you want to make.

It is also very easy to craft things, however you have to learn several things yourself because Bioware doesn't like to explain things in this game, such as that you cannot use the heavy gauntlet and leg mods on your light armour et cetera.

At first the things that you can craft are not really that cool, but when you get further and further in... your mouth will drop with amazement when you reach your masterwork armour and weapon-type schematics and you rush back to skyhold to craft your amazing gear and you cannot wait to slay demons with your new shiny sword or talk to companions in your new shiny armour :).
TheJackinati275
Tainted

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Metzger » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:19 am

well so far, it sounds promising
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Metzger » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:00 pm

alright, after hearing so much praise about it, I bought it, now I just need to stress play through DA:O and Awakening before starting on DA:I :B
Last edited by Metzger on Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Postby TheJackinati275 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:21 am

alright, after hearing so much praise about, it I bought it, now I just need to stress play through DA:O and Awakening before starting on DA:I :B

Heh heh, yep, that sounds like a good idea, i wish that i had bought my Inquisition for PS3, even though the graphics are way way better on PC.

I had to use the Dragon Age Keep seeing as i do not have either Origins or DA2 on PC.

The Dragon Age keep is a little hard to navigate, but it is quite interesting, and it will be interesting to see how they will implement the Keep system in further games... Hell if they make the new 'Mass Effect', then i would not be surprised if they make a Mass Effect Keep as well...

Let's just hope that Bioware keeps their shit together and that EA do not force/coerce Bioware by making shitty decisions and making ton's of crappy DLC-Cashforking moves.

Enjoy your game!
TheJackinati275
Tainted

Postby Disestablish » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:18 pm

I want to get DA:I, but sadly the only means I have to play it with, my Xbox 360 is busted and unable to read game discs, so I can only play games once they become available to buy on the online market.
But I have tided myself over by playing over Origins then finally importing a complete save, with Awakening and Witchhunt included over to Dragon age 2.
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Whizzard » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:32 pm

I beat it.

Then I sat down and thought about it. More precisely, I thought about the story. And then a mind bomb dawned upon me. DAI ties so well into the whole Dragon Age lore. The grander lore. It's awesome.

When you play it, I suggest to read all the codex entries about Tevinter and elves. Then watch the after credits scene. Then think about it.

Anyhow, my inquisitor, lord Regulus Trevelyan, after kicking the main the main antagonist arse, all smug:
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Previous

Return to Game hub